PDA

View Full Version : Free-agent CB Bodden visits with Chiefs

SIC J
11-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Anyone know much about him? Couldn't hurt to add a lil depth to the secondary.

NFL.com news: Free-agent CB Bodden visits with Chiefs (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823c1738/article/freeagent-cb-bodden-visits-with-chiefs?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Jrudi
11-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Played under Crennell from 2005-2007. Has had 8 seasons in the NFL 5 with the Browns (Signed as a Rookie FA with Cleveland in 03'), 1 with the Lions, Last year with Pats, just got cut by Patriots (Don't know why)

Averages 57 Tackles/season (High 88), Owns 18 Int's (5 last year with Pats, 6 in 2007 w/ browns)

Sounds like someone who would add some nice depth to our already stout secondary. May possibly be able to rotate between Nickle and Safety. Is Familiar with Crennel's system, and should pick it up quickly.

He is due $3.9 mil by the Pats since he cleared waivers so money should not be an issue for his signing.

deadmeat
11-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Look between briing in harris and boden for depth you arn't giviimg to much credit to are up comming stars .Bring in one guy but when you bring in more than one guy it starts to threaten the integrity of the young guys,and they need all the assurance they can get.Let the boys play,they will only get better.:chiefs:

Jrudi
11-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Look between briing in harris and boden for depth you arn't giviimg to much credit to are up comming stars .Bring in one guy but when you bring in more than one guy it starts to threaten the integrity of the young guys,and they need all the assurance they can get.Let the boys play,they will only get better.:chiefs:

I don't think they mean it in a fashion to discredit our young talented players. I truly think if they feel it is not a good fit for our team to add a player they would not.

Plus Pioli is high on finding smart veteran players that mentor the younger guys and help them develop, with Bodden, I think that is how they would view him, and although our secondary I feel is a strength of our team, I feel we could still add better depth that could help this team win. McGraw and Arenas are a little banged up, and with Berry done for the year, the addition would only help, if the personality fits.

kcvet
11-04-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't think they mean it in a fashion to discredit our young talented players. I truly think if they feel it is not a good fit for our team to add a player they would not.

Plus Pioli is high on finding smart veteran players that mentor the younger guys and help them develop, with Bodden, I think that is how they would view him, and although our secondary I feel is a strength of our team, I feel we could still add better depth that could help this team win. McGraw and Arenas are a little banged up, and with Berry done for the year, the addition would only help, if the personality fits.

I agree. its part of Pioli's plug and play system to

SIC J
11-06-2011, 09:33 PM

Could have used him today with Arenas and McGraw out!

kcvet
11-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Could have used him today with Arenas and McGraw out!

I don't think anyone could have saved us today

drstandley31
11-10-2011, 03:29 PM

Pioli should think about finding a Defensive Line to Plug in! You can only cover a WR for so long, someone will always get open. Without a pass rush, it doesn't matter who you bring in for the secondary.

kcvet
11-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Pioli should think about finding a Defensive Line to Plug in! You can only cover a WR for so long, someone will always get open. Without a pass rush, it doesn't matter who you bring in for the secondary.

he didn't turn NE into SB champs over night. as far as personel goes we need a new HC more than anything

AkChief49
11-10-2011, 07:37 PM
well, Bodden is done for the season
Bodden undergoes back surgery | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/10/bodden-undergoes-back-surgery/)

kcvet
11-10-2011, 07:42 PM
well, Bodden is done for the season
Bodden undergoes back surgery | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/10/bodden-undergoes-back-surgery/)

that's very painful. plus a lot of rehab. my sister's in for this. she can't even talk on the phone right now