PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the AFC West: A Half Season Review

ArmchairReport
11-06-2011, 12:18 PM
With the Chiefs coming on at mid season, can anyone keep them from the playoffs?
What Happened to the AFC West: A Half Season Review | Armchair Report is a trademark of Sport Media Report, LLC (http://www.armchairreport.com/news_article/show/112443?referrer_id=4)

azchiefsfan
11-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Good analysis, but a little too cheerful for me. I am remaining cautiously optimistic, but am thinking we'll have an 8 win season and probably the Division title again. I think we are getting better and hopefully the final 6 games prove me wrong. I just think our Achilles heel will be the lack of a pass rush. We are going to play some prolific offenses and we'll get lit up like a Texas thunder storm. The big question I have is if Haley will open up the offense enough to let Cassel win for us, or if he'll keep letting him throw when we have to and then tie him to the porch when we have small leads the rest of the season.

dietsch
11-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm also cautiously optimistic about this season. I am just very worried about weeks 11-15. The Chiefs could play good football and still go 0-5/1-4 in that stretch playing the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets, & Packers (3 of which are away)

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2011, 02:21 PM
With the Chiefs coming on at mid season, can anyone keep them from the playoffs?
What Happened to the AFC West: A Half Season Review | Armchair Report is a trademark of Sport Media Report, LLC (http://www.armchairreport.com/news_article/show/112443?referrer_id=4)
The game today could.

dietsch
11-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm also cautiously optimistic about this season. I am just very worried about weeks 11-15. The Chiefs could play good football and still go 0-5/1-4 in that stretch playing the Patriots, Steelers, Bears, Jets, & Packers (3 of which are away)

I guess I should have added the mighty dolphins to their tough upcoming schedule....what a joke.

Yoda
11-13-2011, 11:15 AM

Great "unbiased" analysis. Last week, including this past Thursday game trampled this article. Safest thing to say is that the AFC west is up for grabs and who knows who will win it. At this point it's unpredictable.... Except for ALL the homers in the AFC West.

OPLookn
11-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Great "unbiased" analysis. Last week, including this past Thursday game trampled this article. Safest thing to say is that the AFC west is up for grabs and who knows who will win it. At this point it's unpredictable.... Except for ALL the homers in the AFC West.

After watching Thursday's game and today's game I'd have to say (as much as it pains me) that if the Raiders can win a few games here and there it's their division to win.

Yoda
11-13-2011, 06:37 PM
After watching Thursday's game and today's game I'd have to say (as much as it pains me) that if the Raiders can win a few games here and there it's their division to win.

The team has been TOO inconsistent to even warrant any confidence. I give the O a pass as they were in transition with a new QB....but the D can be world beaters one game and door mats the next. The D holds my optimism back.

Ryfo18
11-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Division is still wide open. Chiefs have a brutal schedule ahead of them, but Oakland's isn't so rosy either...Some tough road games. San Diego always comes to play in December, and Denver is now in the picture too. It will be a fun, frustrating year for fans of every team in this division.

Don't be surprised if whoever wins the division sneaks a home win in the playoffs though.

okikcfan
11-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Will really matter who wins the afc west? I mean none of them will make it past the first round.

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 09:05 PM
The 7-9 Seahawks knocked the then defending champs out of the playoffs last year. With 7 games left and a automatic home game who freakin knows with this division.