PDA

View Full Version : So when do we go to Brodie??? (Week 5 Edition)

Bighurt27
10-03-2007, 06:25 AM
It seems to me that if you combine Huard's game management with Croyle's arm, you've got yourself an NFL starting QB. That being said I think we ride out Huard for the rest of the season barring total meltdown. Discuss...

wolfpack
10-03-2007, 09:12 AM
use Brodie 4 games ago.

sling58
10-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Huard is doing ok right now. We are 2-2. If we were 0-4 then I might be changing my tune but right now I say stick with Damon.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Damon is undefeated when he has a QB rating over 100. He's 12-6 as a starter. Nuff said.

luv
10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Damon is undefeated when he has a QB rating over 100. He's 12-6 as a starter. Nuff said.
What's his rating for just this season, since that's the one in question.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
What's his rating for just this season, since that's the one in question.

79.6 so far for the season.

hermhater
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
It seems to me that if you combine Huard's game management with Croyle's arm, you've got yourself an NFL starting QB. That being said I think we ride out Huard for the rest of the season barring total meltdown. Discuss...

I have previously stated that I want to go with Brody to get the offense going, but if Herm is going to trust Huard to throw then I am willing to go with him until we start that total meltdown...

:welcome::lol::sign0098:

sling58
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
79.6 so far for the season.

Which is still pretty good. Keep him in right now.

luv
10-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Which is still pretty good. Keep him in right now.
I agree. I just wanted to see what he's doing for this year. Last year was last year. It's not going to get us anywhere this year.

sling58
10-03-2007, 03:10 PM
I agree. I just wanted to see what he's doing for this year. Last year was last year. It's not going to get us anywhere this year.

Agreed and agreed.

Canada
10-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I have previously stated that I want to go with Brody to get the offense going, but if Herm is going to trust Huard to throw then I am willing to go with him until we start that total meltdown...

:welcome::lol::sign0098:

Watch your mouth boy!! :beer:

hermhater
10-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Watch your mouth boy!! :beer:

I don't think we will have that total meltdown, I was just responding to a statement made previous.

And I would also like to say YES SIR!

:lol::sign0098::beer: :toast2:

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:29 PM

True that. :sign0098: The last three weeks he has been between roughly 80 and 100 passer rating. Week 1 was bad but I think he is starting to find his groove.

Canada
10-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Our offense sat the whole preseason pretty much so I am going to count the first Quarter of the season as their tune up games. Now the big Red Machine will start rolling and crush anyone who gets in it's way!!!

Polleo Pit Man
10-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Honestly I think Herm will pull Huard for Croyle as soon as he sees that Huard is not gonna help us. As long as he is having these 2nd half comebacks I think he will stay. If it get to the 3rd quarter and he's thrown 3 interception , not doin anything hell pull him.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Honestly I think Herm will pull Huard for Croyle as soon as he sees that Huard is not gonna help us. As long as he is having these 2nd half comebacks I think he will stay. If it get to the 3rd quarter and he's thrown 3 interception , not doin anything hell pull him.

I agree. Herm's already talked about it publicly. Damon kind of seems to me like a guy that performs better under a little extra pressure, though. I really think he can play well and that he will.

Canada
10-03-2007, 03:36 PM

No he won't. Pennington played until he got hurt no matter how poorly he played. Huard is the starter and I figure he will be in for the rest of the season (barring injury)

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
No he won't. Pennington played until he got hurt no matter how poorly he played. Huard is the starter and I figure he will be in for the rest of the season (barring injury)

I agree with this but I think it will be because of the level of Huard's play as opposed to Herm's refusal to pull him.

Canada
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
I agree with this but I think it will be because of the level of Huard's play as opposed to Herm's refusal to pull him.

For sure man....I am not questioning his ability. I just think he can feel quite comfortable as the starter without fear of losing his job if he has an off day.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:44 PM
For sure man....I am not questioning his ability. I just think he can feel quite comfortable as the starter without fear of losing his job if he has an off day.

If our record looks good enough or we get out to a good lead in the division, absolutely.

luv
10-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Precisely. His play is so rocky in the first half. I think this may partially be due to the fact that there's still that pressure from "competing" for the starting position. There's always that since of "win, or we'll put in Croyle." Herm needs to make it official that Huard is our starting QB unless injured. Give the man some confidence, and take off some of the pressure.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Precisely. His play is so rocky in the first half. I think this may partially be due to the fact that there's still that pressure from "competing" for the starting position. There's always that since of "win, or we'll put in Croyle." Herm needs to make it official that Huard is our starting QB unless injured. Give the man some confidence, and take off some of the pressure.

I say keep the pressure on him. Nobody gave him a chance last season and he answered the call admirably. I want Damon to play for the job and not think of himself as a "transition quarterback".

luv
10-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I say keep the pressure on him. Nobody gave him a chance last season and he answered the call admirably. I want Damon to play for the job and not think of himself as a "transition quarterback".
He didn't have the pressure last year. It was his until Trent came back, and he knew it.

He is a transition QB.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 04:02 PM
He didn't have the pressure last year. It was his until Trent came back, and he knew it.

He is a transition QB.

I know.

I think there was more pressure when Trent was out because Huard knew the job was his and he needed to perform well and help the team win. He didn't have a chance to perform or buckle under any kind of pressure after Green got back, because they immediately threw Trent back into the fire and stuck with him even when they shouldn't have. I was just saying that I don't want Huard to slack mentally because he thinks of himself as just a transition QB.

luv
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I know.

I think there was more pressure when Trent was out because Huard knew the job was his and he needed to perform well and help the team win. He didn't have a chance to perform or buckle under any kind of pressure after Green got back, because they immediately threw Trent back into the fire and stuck with him even when they shouldn't have. I was just saying that I don't want Huard to slack mentally because he thinks of himself as just a transition QB.
I gotcha. Personally, I think he'll do his best, no matter what situation he's in.

I'm off to work.....

hermhater
10-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I know.

As long as he is winning he stays in.

Period.

We don't want to continue this foray into swapping out QB's like they are USB devices, and we are trying to see if it is the port or the device that is failing!!!!

(Enought nerd talk!)

:lol::lol::lol::sign0098::sign0098::sign0098::beer ::beer::beer:

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I gotcha. Personally, I think he'll do his best, no matter what situation he's in.

I'm off to work.....

Fortunately, he does seem like that kind of guy.

Cya luv. Have a good day.

m0ef0e
10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Kansas City QB Damon Huard has compiled a 113.4 passer rating in his last six games (four starts) at Arrowhead Stadium from 2006-07. He has completed 84 of 127 passes for 1,152 yards with seven touchdowns and no interceptions in that span. His 113.4 passer rating at home is the best mark in the NFL during that time period.

Keep it up, Damon! :yahoo:

GO CHIEFS!!!

Bighurt27
10-04-2007, 05:07 AM
My new sig shows where my allegiance lies...

chief31
10-04-2007, 06:12 AM

I like the sig. If he gas problems, then that's on thing. But, until he does, he's the man.

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 01:12 PM

I like it! IDK what I'm going to change my sig to after Gonzo breaks the record... I've had this one forever.

anaeelbackwards
10-04-2007, 01:16 PM
I like it! IDK what I'm going to change my sig to after Gonzo breaks the record... I've had this one forever.

did tony do the signature dunking over the crossbar thing after he tied sharpes record? i dont think i saw it...

m0ef0e
10-04-2007, 01:26 PM
did tony do the signature dunking over the crossbar thing after he tied sharpes record? i dont think i saw it...

I don't recall it. I think he's saving it for the one that gets him the record.

sling58
10-05-2007, 07:59 AM
We bring this issue up every week and I say the same thing. As long as Huard is playing ok, which he has, we keep him in. He gives us a better chance right now this the gunslinger Brodie. Brodie gets nervous under pressure and throws it away. Huard atleast can come from behind and not make as many mistakes.

m0ebr0
10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Huard gives us the best chance to go all the way this year. Coryle will get his time bt his time is not yet. KC is the place where QBs can get thier chance. Look at Green, and now Huard. Give Huard the starts for the season, see what he is capable of. If he cant get us there or just collapses we know hes not our guy which I dont think will happen.

m0ef0e
10-05-2007, 02:45 PM
We bring this issue up every week and I say the same thing. As long as Huard is playing ok, which he has, we keep him in. He gives us a better chance right now this the gunslinger Brodie. Brodie gets nervous under pressure and throws it away. Huard atleast can come from behind and not make as many mistakes.

Huard gives us the best chance to go all the way this year. Coryle will get his time bt his time is not yet. KC is the place where QBs can get thier chance. Look at Green, and now Huard. Give Huard the starts for the season, see what he is capable of. If he cant get us there or just collapses we know hes not our guy which I dont think will happen.

Agreed on both accounts! :sign0098:

Chiefster
10-05-2007, 06:19 PM
The position will be Huard's to lose throughout the duration, barring injury IMO.

anaeelbackwards
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
agreed.

as long as we are in these really close tight games where we cannot afford to turn the ball over because our offense's inability to score in the red zone (in the first half) where the defense is keeping us in the games, HUARD is the only answer..... id rather go down the field with a QB who has some experience and possibly score rather than feel nervous about CROYLE going down the field, making mistakes, and possibly throwing a INT.

maybe next year. the kid needs to get in sooner or later and have some experience under his belt. who knows. but right now, no.

sling58
10-06-2007, 07:46 AM
agreed.

as long as we are in these really close tight games where we cannot afford to turn the ball over because our offense's inability to score in the red zone (in the first half) where the defense is keeping us in the games, HUARD is the only answer..... id rather go down the field with a QB who has some experience and possibly score rather than feel nervous about CROYLE going down the field, making mistakes, and possibly throwing a INT.

maybe next year. the kid needs to get in sooner or later and have some experience under his belt. who knows. but right now, no.

Agreed that we need to give Brodie some expereince but while we still have a shot at something this year let's stay the way it is with the field generals.