PDA

View Full Version : Are We This Bad?

azchiefsfan
11-06-2011, 03:21 PM
So, this one's in the bag. We were exactly like we were in the first three games. What happened to the gritty, hard-nosed play that saw us grind out four in a row. Are we really worse than Miami?

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2011, 03:25 PM
They need a motivational pep talk every week before the games. Isnt the guy who plays the wolf a motivational speaker? Why don't they just hire him?

SIC J
11-06-2011, 03:29 PM
They've already given up. McGraw and Arenas are both out this game and the Dolphins took advantage of the hurt secondary. I also think the Chiefs took this game for granted and may be gassed from the 4 game win streak.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2011, 03:38 PM
They've already given up. McGraw and Arenas are both out this game and the Dolphins took advantage of the hurt secondary. I also think the Chiefs took this game for granted and may be gassed from the 4 game win streak.
The game is over, why should they not give up?

Chiefster
11-06-2011, 03:41 PM
So, this one's in the bag. We were exactly like we were in the first three games. What happened to the gritty, hard-nosed play that saw us grind out four in a row. Are we really worse than Miami?

We are today.

TopekaRoy
11-06-2011, 03:50 PM
They need a motivational pep talk every week before the games. Isnt the guy who plays the wolf a motivational speaker? Why don't they just hire him?
You lost me here. Who is "the guy who plays the wolf?"

hardcorechiefsfan
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM
When they showed the overhead view was that truly the "sea of red" or did everyone leave, leaving behind the red seats?

iratefan
11-06-2011, 04:03 PM
This wasnt the most poor performance we've put on this season, thats the scary thing. Defensively it was pretty close, but there were some big plays and good stops as well. but our offense when blitzed is one of the most poorly adaptive offenses in the league. we just cant handle it, straight up. Our O-line gets harrassed enough as it is. The Oakland raiders showed the league how to absolutely destroy us in their last meeting last season and the ravens took full advantage of that playbook. Dolphins played the same exact way today. We just have no answers to a big physical defense that comes in hot! no checkdowns, no screen plays (we all know how well we execute a screen :/ ), nothing.

There was lots of stuff that went wrong today, and it mostly came down to execution. poor catching, poor play execution, poor blocking and special teams. Good teams are good almost always, not half on and off.

Some notable moments were jackie battle's success today. he ran really well and is quite the snowplough! but we stopped using him early in the second half of the game after we tried some lateral movement that didnt work out so well. Also Matt Cassel was evading the pass rush very well in the first half. Of course he completely panics once he has to scramble (forget a checkdown or a pass at that point its likely not happening), but he showed how determined he was to stay in the game and step up to make some plays. unfortunately none ever quite materialized.

Otherwise i cant really see much good that came out of this game. Im still baffled as to how a team can make me so excited one week can make me want to swear off watching football the next week so consistently as the chiefs.

KCdrummer
11-06-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't think we are. We were just clearly not prepared. They obviously thought this game was going to be easy.

KCraised
11-06-2011, 04:27 PM
We have athletic players that can't execute worth a damn. Miami and Denver were/are must wins for this division. It's crazy that we are even talking about division positions with this team, seeings how weak they are at putting respectful drives together. But, if SD and Oakland lose, we are still in 1st place. But the scores are only going to get miserable, with the games to come after Denver. stock up on Prozac

MissingTBone
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Didn't get to see the game, but if we can't pressure the QB then its gonna be hard to win.

azchiefsfan
11-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't think we are. We were just clearly not prepared. They obviously thought this game was going to be easy.

I think that is they key point from today. Haley just didn't have our guys prepared. It's like they didn't look at any Miami film. This is how they(Miami) kept getting close to a win then would give up in the second half. This was a game of squandered talent. We more than match up with Miami. Haley needs to own this loss-it is squarely on him again.

kcvet
11-06-2011, 05:13 PM
somethings wrong. you don't let an o'fer team come in your house and run up the score. you bury teams like that and move on.

#58ChiefsFan
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Take a look at the fins margin of loss and the record of the teams that beat them. Miami is the least penalized team in the NFL. Their record does not tell the whole story of this team.

We did get our collective *** kicked and there are several factors that play into that. Most of them are excuses so I will just leave that alone.

The fact they sacked Tebow 7 times and Cassel 5 is not a coincidence.

Hayvern
11-06-2011, 06:50 PM
There is nothing wrong here, this is our team, for better or worse, this is our team. We are not that good of a team, a couple of games we played better than we should have, but go back to the first three games of the season, this is what this team really is.

Last week, we had a defense that stepped up and played better than they should have, or maybe they just got lucky, I don't know.

Right now, we are a 5 and 11 team with the rest of the schedule. I think we win against the Broncos and that is it.

azchiefsfan
11-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey, we're still #1! And anyone else notice we've only lost one more than New England?:chiefs:

chiefnut
11-06-2011, 08:16 PM
trap game. trap game, trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,

i said it all week, just not on this board, i was afraid this could be a trap game. if anyone said we would be part of a trap game this year i would have thought we were the "trapper" not the "trapee" coming off an emotional game, 4 game winning streak, tied for first, short week, lookin ahead to denver, then a tough stretch, a winless fins team would be hard not to overlook. just like the saints and rams. who would have guessed it. well some on nfl network and espn did for those very same reasons. miami is not a terrible team like the browns and lions of a few years ago, they just kept losing close games. so when an average team on an emotional let down plays a little below average team on a mission this is what hapens. if we play them again we'll win by 10pts. we give up 5 sacks and get none, thats how you lose a game. if you just look at the stats from the game you couldn't tell which team won. like the new yorkers say "ferget about it"!!!

Vandelay
11-06-2011, 08:58 PM
trap game. trap game, trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,

i said it all week, just not on this board, i was afraid this could be a trap game. if anyone said we would be part of a trap game this year i would have thought we were the "trapper" not the "trapee" coming off an emotional game, 4 game winning streak, tied for first, short week, lookin ahead to denver, then a tough stretch, a winless fins team would be hard not to overlook. just like the saints and rams. who would have guessed it. well some on nfl network and espn did for those very same reasons. miami is not a terrible team like the browns and lions of a few years ago, they just kept losing close games. so when an average team on an emotional let down plays a little below average team on a mission this is what hapens. if we play them again we'll win by 10pts. we give up 5 sacks and get none, thats how you lose a game. if you just look at the stats from the game you couldn't tell which team won. like the new yorkers say "ferget about it"!!!
We all saw this as a trap game all week.
Why couldn't the players and coaches see it coming?

Makes you want to kick your tv watching that.

Still in first place, gotta regroup and win next week.:chiefs:

Ryfo18
11-06-2011, 09:23 PM
We all saw this as a trap game all week.
Why couldn't the players and coaches see it coming?

Makes you want to kick your tv watching that.

Still in first place, gotta regroup and win next week.:chiefs:

This...

Chiefster
11-06-2011, 11:55 PM
There is nothing wrong here, this is our team, for better or worse, this is our team. We are not that good of a team, a couple of games we played better than we should have, but go back to the first three games of the season, this is what this team really is.

Last week, we had a defense that stepped up and played better than they should have, or maybe they just got lucky, I don't know.

Right now, we are a 5 and 11 team with the rest of the schedule. I think we win against the Broncos and that is it.

Exactly, we are who we have always been.

garciakcfan
11-07-2011, 01:41 AM
[QUOTE=chiefnut;241760]trap game. trap game, trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,trap game,

i said it all week, just not on this board, i was afraid this could be a trap game. if anyone said we would be part of a trap game this year i would have thought we were the "trapper" not the "trapee" coming off an emotional game, 4 game winning streak, tied for first, short week, lookin ahead to denver, then a tough stretch, a winless fins team would be hard not to overlook. just like the saints and rams. who would have guessed it. well some on nfl network and espn did for those very same reasons. miami is not a terrible team like the browns and lions of a few years ago, they just kept losing close games. so when an average team on an emotional let down plays a little below average team on a mission this is what hapens. if we play them again we'll win by 10pts. we give up 5 sacks and get none, thats how you lose a game. if you just look at the stats from the game you couldn't tell which team won. like the new yorkers say "ferget about it"!!![/QUO

EXACTLY!!!! I couldn't agree more and actually felt like this game was gonna be a downer... They played their asses off on monday night.... I know I'll be angrier if we lose to Tim Teblow next week. The way I look at this season is any kind of win is a bonus. I mean we did lose some very very very good top talent in key positions, what can I and you really expect? A Superbowl? Cause thats not happenin... Not this year... You are what your record says you are and right now we're average...

deadmeat
11-07-2011, 03:48 AM
It's any given sunday and this does'nt mean the season is over.Theres always been certain weeks that all the crap teams win.Look Denver beat the faders and the only other team we had to worry about the bolts lost to so were still in good shape.What we need is stop loseing players to injurys and get or players healthy and back on the field.GO CHIEFS:chiefs:

Eydugstr
11-07-2011, 05:42 AM

Unfortunately...Yes. Miami came in and kicked our butts.

Coach
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
This was a must win for Sporano to save his job in my opinion. I still think he will be gone at season end.

ctchiefsfan
11-07-2011, 08:35 AM
As has been mentioned, those damned Dolphins were never as bad as their record suggested. And we took them for granted. Happens a few times every year. Almost happened to us against Buffalo last year.

Admittedly, it's one thing to get surprised and lose a close game to someone you expect to beat handily, and another to get stomped the way we did, but Green Bay and Denver did us a favor and we are still tied for fist place in the AFC West which is all I was really expecting this week. Yeah, I figured Green Bay would beat San Diego, but I never figured Denver would beat Oakland.

So in short, we dodged a bullet yesterday.

Hopefully now that we have gotten that big stink-up out of our systems we can get back to playing some decent football.

Midwest Bolt Fan
11-07-2011, 10:50 AM
looks like all the afc west teams are playing at the same level at the same time well it may make for a fun ending to see who gets the lucky draw to be thrashed in the first round by the so called powerhouse's in the afc will big ben or tiny tom win the prize!

#58ChiefsFan
11-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Anything can happen in the postseason but I agree the only thing to be won this year is a harder schedule for next.

San Diego looks the most prepared to play a postseason game. The raiders can't get everyone on the field. Denver shall retain their rightful place in last once teams get film on tebow. And Kansas City, we have not established an identity yet so who knows where we will be. Should be an interesting second half of the season at least.

chief31
11-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Nope. We are 4-4, and tied for first, without JC, Mo, and Berry.

Inconsitent? How could we not expect that? But bad? No.

By the way, that "Gritty team" was there in game three. They were only absent for the first two weeks.