PDA

View Full Version : Dear Haley

matthewschiefs
11-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Goodbye Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I don't often say this after a game. But after seeing that team and combined with the first two games. He does not deserve to be the head coach. 3 blow outs 2 at home 1 of them coming to a winless team. Having a team the clearly quit today he deserves to lose his job. That was unacceptable.

This team has talent. There is NO reason that Matt More should have had the day he did. This team was clearly not ready today as they were not ready to start the season. I think that it's time we start to look for a new head coach. It's a shame I grew to really like Haley. But after today I think it's time to move on.

MissingTBone
11-06-2011, 04:25 PM
This game had me worried all week. I saw Miami play their hearts out last week, to lose at the end. Just knew they were gonna be ready to play today. I like Haley, and don't think a lopsided loss even to Miami shouldn't cost his job. We have a very difficult schedule ahead of us still. This year is filled with parody. Still a lot of season to play. Lets see how we rebound next week!

TopekaRoy
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
... This year is filled with parody. ...
:lol:This season is filled with parity. Saturday Night Live is filled with "parodies."

On the other hand, maybe you have a point!

matthewschiefs
11-06-2011, 04:38 PM
This game had me worried all week. I saw Miami play their hearts out last week, to lose at the end. Just knew they were gonna be ready to play today. I like Haley, and don't think a lopsided loss even to Miami shouldn't cost his job. We have a very difficult schedule ahead of us still. This year is filled with parody. Still a lot of season to play. Lets see how we rebound next week!

This loss alone no it shouldn't every team has games like we had today. But this is blowout loss 3 in 8 games. 2 of them at HOME. That should and get any coach fired in my eyes. I really like haley. I wanted him to be a great coach. But he's not done his job this year.

#58ChiefsFan
11-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Crennels boys gave up the 31 points, you want to fire him?

The problem is a lack of pass rush combined with poor depth in the secondary.

Our O and D line have always been the problem and have not be adequately address to date since Pioli/Haley took the helm.

Haley is a good coach, Haley is a young coach, Haley was everyones buddy right up till 12:30.

SIC J
11-06-2011, 05:39 PM
The secondary got killed. Arenas and McGraw were both out this game.

And the Chiefs have lacked pressure on the opposing QBs ALL season long.

lynnc35
11-06-2011, 07:25 PM
We were at this game and I cannot tell you too much about how disappointed I was in my Kansas City Chiefs today. To see them come in and lose to Miami made me sick to my stomach. I do not know if they came to play or they were just too conceted in their head to think they had to try. Why did Haley not go on fourth down for a touch down after we were that far behind. Another Kansas City Coach that dont' have a clue. I am sorry, but what happened to the team of the last few weeks, they didn't even look like they were trying.:efpge:

kcvet
11-06-2011, 08:46 PM
after today its back to the drawing board. the other 2 teams lost and we blew 1st place. nobody here was ready to play today. players, coach's. no one.

Ryfo18
11-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Overreaction thread.

kcvet
11-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Overreaction thread.

your right. we shouldn't react at all to a 31-3 butt kickin' at home.

matthewschiefs
11-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Overreaction thread.

Your ok with 3 blow out losses. 2 at arrowhead 1 to a 0-7 football team. If the first 2 were not blow outs ok most teams have a game like today. But this is the 3RD blowout. I don't think that it would be an overraction. Haleys clearly not getting the job done.

Again I like Haley and if this team can rebound and they win the rest the games then I will admit I was wrong but I have lost a lot of faith in Haley as the Head coach

kcvet
11-06-2011, 09:19 PM
with the schedule we have in front of us I think Haley's gone any way. he's proved to be a second rate bush leaguer.

Ryfo18
11-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Your ok with 3 blow out losses. 2 at arrowhead 1 to a 0-7 football team. If the first 2 were not blow outs ok most teams have a game like today. But this is the 3RD blowout. I don't think that it would be an overraction. Haleys clearly not getting the job done.

Again I like Haley and if this team can rebound and they win the rest the games then I will admit I was wrong but I have lost a lot of faith in Haley as the Head coach

It was a big time let down game...Short week, coming off a huge win against a division rival, they overlooked the Dolphins...players and coaching staff alike.

If you want to get nuts and start firing people after a 4-4 start (not to mention a 4-game winning streak, the Chiefs' first since 2004), it's an overreaction. Guess what new coaches bring in? New players (their own). They want to make their mark. You really want to start all over on that route again? It's an overreaction to fire Haley right now.

kcvet
11-06-2011, 09:22 PM
It was a big time let down game...Short week, coming off a huge win against a division rival, they overlooked the Dolphins...players and coaching staff alike.

If you want to get nuts and start firing people after a 4-4 start, it's an overreaction. Guess what new coaches bring in? New players (their own). They want to make their mark. It's an overreaction to fire Haley right now.

he's gone at season's end.

matthewschiefs
11-06-2011, 09:24 PM

If you want to get nuts and start firing people after a 4-4 start, it's an overreaction. Guess what new coaches bring in? New players (their own). They want to make their mark. It's an overreaction to fire Haley right now.

The Chargers had that same short week they had to travel back home they played the unbeaten defending champs. They didnt get blown out. The short week is no excuse

And if the coaching staff did overlook the dolphins that's just more a reason to think we need a change.

I'm not saying we should right now. But after the season I think we really need to look at new coaches. Haley's not proving that he can get the job done IMO.

Ryfo18
11-06-2011, 09:27 PM
The Chargers had that same short week they had to travel back home they played the unbeaten defending champs. They didnt get blown out. The short week is no excuse

And if the coaching staff did overlook the dolphins that's just more a reason to think we need a change.

I'm not saying we should right now. But after the season I think we really need to look at new coaches. Haley's not proving that he can get the job done IMO.

Right...after a playoff appearance in 2010 and a 4-4 start you make this decision after a bad loss. Unreal...

SIC J
11-06-2011, 09:31 PM

If you want to get nuts and start firing people after a 4-4 start (not to mention a 4-game winning streak, the Chiefs' first since 2004), it's an overreaction. Guess what new coaches bring in? New players (their own). They want to make their mark. You really want to start all over on that route again? It's an overreaction to fire Haley right now.

Hey and let's fire the OC too and give Cassel his 4th OC in 3 years. LOL

matthewschiefs
11-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Right...after a playoff appearance in 2010 and a 4-4 start you make this decision after a bad loss. Unreal...

Well I will agree to disagree with you but again to me 3 blow out losses in one season is enough to get any coach fired. We have seen a team that has not been ready to play 3 out of 8 weeks that's almost 50%. IMO no coach should be safe after that.

Vandelay
11-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Hey and let's fire the OC too and give Cassel his 4th OC in 3 years. LOL
I would just like to know WHO the OC is.

kcvet
11-06-2011, 09:44 PM
I would just like to know WHO the OC is.

he's uh......you know ...hmmm

#58ChiefsFan
11-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Dorsey and Jackson are not the answer when your looking for a consistent pass rush. Couple that with no Berry, McGraw, Arenas, and really no Lewis with the remaining personel we have and there isn't a quarterback in the league that can't carve that mess up.

Three7s
11-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Well I will agree to disagree with you but again to me 3 blow out losses in one season is enough to get any coach fired. We have seen a team that has not been ready to play 3 out of 8 weeks that's almost 50%. IMO no coach should be safe after that.
Then Haley should've been fired last year. Blown out against the Broncos in Denver, blown out against the Chargers in SD, blown out at home against the Raiders, blown out against the Ravens in the playoffs. I'm sure you were fine with him last year, though.

chief31
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
If we fire Haley, who has led a garbage team to a division crown, and currently tied for the division lead, then we deserve the next decade of cellar-dwelling.

Our problems yesterday were pass-rush. Both ways, couldn't get none from our defense, and couldn't prevent it for our QB.

I think we will be fine.

To take this team, minus three of it's most valuable players, and do anything positive is a good job by the coaching staff.

kcvet
11-07-2011, 12:47 PM
the fins put in extra blocking for moore. that's the big reason we couldn't get to him. cassel was running for his life. so that got rid of our weapons.

josh1971
11-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Dorsey and Jackson are not the answer when your looking for a consistent pass rush. Couple that with no Berry, McGraw, Arenas, and really no Lewis with the remaining personel we have and there isn't a quarterback in the league that can't carve that mess up.

This is a 3-4. Dorsey and Jackson aren't the answer for consistent pass rush anyhow in that scheme.

#58ChiefsFan
11-07-2011, 10:15 PM
This is a 3-4. Dorsey and Jackson aren't the answer for consistent pass rush anyhow in that scheme.

You would have thought all the game footage of LSU playing a 4-3 would have tipped someone off by now.

jap1
11-08-2011, 01:33 AM
You would have thought all the game footage of LSU playing a 4-3 would have tipped someone off by now.

I think he meant that in a 3-4, the DL arent supposed to be the ones creating pressure. It is supposed to come from the LBs. The supposed advantage of a 3-4 is that any one or more of the LBs can blitz, so it is supposed to keep the OL guessing. Other than Tamba and occasionally DJ, none of our LBs are creating pressure.

pojote
11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
I think he meant that in a 3-4, the DL arent supposed to be the ones creating pressure. It is supposed to come from the LBs. The supposed advantage of a 3-4 is that any one or more of the LBs can blitz, so it is supposed to keep the OL guessing. Other than Tamba and occasionally DJ, none of our LBs are creating pressure.

Someone that knows about football!!!

I don't think Dorsey and specially Jackson are great, but the issue is in our LB corps. Houston will be great, but for now is too inconsistent. DJ is a monster, but can't stop by himself the running. We need at least that Houston improves quickly and 2 good ILB more. I think if Siler weren't hurt, our pass rush would be better.

OPLookn
11-08-2011, 11:07 AM

I'm frustrated with the D after having two absolutely great games they just cr@pped on themselves Sunday. I've taken a few days off to relax and let my blood pressure down.

You're right that the LB's are supposed to be the ones creating pressure but they double teamed Hali all day long and then just used one or two guys to cover the three D-Line. The thing that frustrates me so much is that we've used so many high picks on this D-Line that this line should be lights out. I get that they don't get pressure and their job is to hold up lineman. But it's not supposed to be a one for one thing. They're suppose to be holding up two lineman and let the LB'ers come in untouched or in a position to run over a RB. Instead our top LB (Hali) is being double teamed. Which makes me ask....seriously? Just double team Hali and teams make us look like a little league pass defense?

I can't tell you what needs to be done here. If I could I'd be in the wrong field. What I can see is that there is a problem that needs to be fixed by someone getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. This shouldn't have even been a problem in the first place. I'm not saying fire anyone I'm just saying we need to do whatever it takes to get this mess sorted out. If that means using the entire draft on a new D-Line then so be it. Just fix our lines...on D and O!

okikcfan
11-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Like it or not I think Haley will remain HC until the end of his contract next year. I do see a new OC comming into the picture next season "again" Last year I saw this as being a 2 to 3 year "rebuilding" process but now it seems it will take much longer. Lamar or Clark, Peterson or Pioli, nothing seems to have changed on what kind of talent we bring in. To play as we have in the last 4 games and come out as we did on Sunday, there is no excuse. It all falls on Haley.

H-townChiefsFan
11-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Like it or not I think Haley will remain HC until the end of his contract next year.

I too think Haley will be here the rest of this year and at least get the chance to see the first half of next year.

I dont think it is all Todd's fault...there is plenty of blame to pass around from Pioli all the way down to Cassel, Tyson, Piscatelli, Albert, Bowe, Jones, etc... About the only ones I cant blame at this point are Hali, DJ, JC and Berry.

okikcfan
11-08-2011, 03:30 PM
When we go into half time we need to adjust, this didnt happen. I saw no changes in the game from the first to the second half. I like Haley, I really do. I like his style, kind of a hard A$$. It's what we needed for a long time, and tho I'm not a big fan of Cassel, this was not on him. I just get so freaking flustered year in and year out. The AFC West is a joke. At one time, long long ago the AFC West was feared by all, now, oh whatever, just venting, give me beer!

matthewschiefs
11-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Then Haley should've been fired last year. Blown out against the Broncos in Denver, blown out against the Chargers in SD, blown out at home against the Raiders, blown out against the Ravens in the playoffs. I'm sure you were fine with him last year, though.

That's a good point one that I had not thought of.

To me this year just has seemed different from last year. The 3 blow outs have just felt far to much like herm edwards chiefs. I guess I should say that If your going to get blown out that often looking like you were clearly not ready to play like this team has far to often this season then you better be well above .500. Right now I have very little faith in Haley. He can win that faith back with wins going into a very tough part of the season. But for right now I don't have faith in him to get the job done. I like Haley I want him to do well. I just don't have faith in him right now. I hope he gets that faith back.

#58ChiefsFan
11-08-2011, 05:36 PM

I was referring to the pocket expanding when we play teams that are better than us, these two are just more people in the freaking way.

2010chiefs
11-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Like it or not I think Haley will remain HC until the end of his contract next year. I do see a new OC comming into the picture next season "again" Last year I saw this as being a 2 to 3 year "rebuilding" process but now it seems it will take much longer. Lamar or Clark, Peterson or Pioli, nothing seems to have changed on what kind of talent we bring in. To play as we have in the last 4 games and come out as we did on Sunday, there is no excuse. It all falls on Haley.

Definitley! The sad part is that Todd Haley will be the one who picks the new OC again. That's why i've lost hope in his decision making. We all saw it coming and it's now a proven mistake on his part.

GarH
11-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Stayed away from the board for several days. I find it best not to post right after losses like that.

Couldn't have been more dissapointed in the Miami game, but I still 100% support Pioli and Haley. It's a lot slower than most fans want to see, but I think they are doing it the right way.

okikcfan
11-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I do agree that we are making progress. We are for the most part a better team then we were last year. Cassel I can not blame for this one either and injuries have hit us hard. Consistency from one game to the next leaves me dumfounded. I like Haley and I do support Haley but I believe he lost his rights to pick a new OC next year, this should be left up to Pioli next time. There will be a cap on draft picks next year which should save everyone money so lets spend some of ours next year and get some real help where it is needed.

matthewschiefs
11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Same thoughts this week. Getting beat at arrowhead by Tim tebow and Lance ball Theres no excuse for that. lets get through this year and bring in someone who can get the job done.

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Im with you now Matt, I dont see a game we could win the rest of the year.

matthewschiefs
11-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Anyone eles ready to agree that Haleys time needs to end? 5 blow out loses in 10 games you don't deserve to keep your job when you don't do it 50% of the time

chief31
11-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Anyone eles ready to agree that Haleys time needs to end? 5 blow out loses in 10 games you don't deserve to keep your job when you don't do it 50% of the time

Not me.

matthewschiefs
11-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Not me.

What will it take. We are on pace to see 8 blow out losses this team looks lost. I defended both Haley and Pioli before the season probley as much if not more then anyone on here. But seeing this I think Haley should be let go. He's not getting the job done

jkm555
11-21-2011, 11:16 PM
No because if you get a different coach will be hosed any way.

chief31
11-21-2011, 11:19 PM
What will it take. We are on pace to see 8 blow out losses this team looks lost. I defended both Haley and Pioli before the season probley as much if not more then anyone on here. But seeing this I think Haley should be let go. He's not getting the job done
For me, it's going to take next season.

What did you expect from this game?

We have lost our offensive MVP and our starting QB, and our defensive backfield is playing guys who were on practice squads to start the season.

And you expected to make a game of it against The Patriots, in New England?

Based on what?

matthewschiefs
11-21-2011, 11:26 PM
For me, it's going to take next season.

What did you expect from this game?

We have lost our offensive MVP and our starting QB, and our defensive backfield is playing guys who were on practice squads to start the season.

And you expected to make a game of it against The Patriots, in New England?

Based on what?

That's the thing it's NOT just this game. If it was then ok no big deal. It's WINLESS Miami at home. It's Buffalo at home. It's letting Some guy I've never heard of Lance Ball run all over us. It's detroit.

I know the injuries have hurt. But there's a HUGE difference in loseing and NOT SHOWING UP READY TO PLAY. This season we have showed up NOT READY to play WAY TO MUCH. Tonight we came to play just failed to make adjustments to what they were doing The job of the coaches. This team is looking far like a herm edwards team. He was fired for a reason. Haley deserves a pink slip. I think most GMs would agree with what we have seen this year.

chief31
11-21-2011, 11:31 PM
That's the thing it's NOT just this game. If it was then ok no big deal. It's WINLESS Miami at home. It's Buffalo at home. It's letting Some guy I've never heard of Lance Ball run all over us. It's detroit.

I know the injuries have hurt. But there's a HUGE difference in loseing and NOT SHOWING UP READY TO PLAY. This season we have showed up NOT READY to play WAY TO MUCH. Tonight we came to play just failed to make adjustments to what they were doing The job of the coaches. This team is looking far like a herm edwards team. He was fired for a reason. Haley deserves a pink slip. I think most GMs would agree with what we have seen this year.

Of course.

All GMs are in a hurry to fire their HC who took a loser to the playoffs, then even got them to first place after losing half the team to injuries, the next season.

But why would this game change anybody's mind?

You asked, as if tonight would be the turning point in that decision.

Ryfo18
11-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Haley will not be fired after this year. If anything, I applaud their effort in the first half with an offense that shouldn't even be on the same field as the Patriots. The defense played very well for the most part. We lost our best running back, our starting quarterback, watched Tyler Palko make his first ever NFL star...What do you expect from this team, really?

OPLookn
11-22-2011, 12:10 AM
To me a prime example of why Haley needs to go was the very end of the game. Haley seems to want to show his players that it's not over til the game clock reads all zero's. That's cool and good to teach the players but let's look at how that's done:

1st & 10 @ NE 38 - No timeout
2nd & 9 @ NE 39 - No timeout!
3rd & 3 @ NE 45 - No freakin timeout!!!
1st & 10 @ KC 39 - Time out...wait..what?!? Surely you're kidding right? It's a new dance that's storming the nation, it's the random timeout dance!
2nd & 7 @ KC 36 - Time out...sure, why not
3rd & 3 @ KC 32 - No timeout
4th & 1! @ KC 30 - NO TIMEOUT!
1st & 10 @ KC 28 - Timeout...I give up, seriously is this is ridiculous....but I get it he wants to score...I'll spare the rest of the details but the Patriots show a lil gamesmanship and score a TD.

Pats kick off, returned to the 26 with 1:01 left...we used the timeouts we're gonna at least try to put up a fluff TD right? I mean we did use the timeout's specifically to get the ball back and try to do that. Otherwise just let the clock run and the Pats will do the same....right??

1st and 10 KC 26 - Battle up the middle for 3 yards
2nd and 7 KC 29 - Battle to the right side for 19...
End of Game

What in the world is this?!? Was Haley taking timeout's based on a roll of the dice?!? Oh, it's a 4, let's take a timeout. A 5 you run up the middle, a 6 is to the right and 1-3 is we randomly let the Pats score on us.

Sigh.

doobs_05
11-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Why didn't we take shots against that "weak" secondary of NE?

pojote
11-22-2011, 07:45 AM
Why didn't we take shots against that "weak" secondary of NE?

Uhm, yes we did, it was 3 INT.

azchiefsfan
11-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I was hopeful we could make a game of it, but had already prepared myself for a blowout. So I was just looking for some positive takeaways. We looked great in the first half, but made every wrong adjustment in the second half. Haley can be blamed for that and it is legitimate to do so. I think, however, we give Haley the rest of the season and if no major improvement is made, then I wouldn't be opposed to show him the door in January. I no longer expect to win, but I do expect to see improvement.