PDA

View Full Version : AFC West

Yoda
11-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Looks like no one wants to win it. All three teams in the lead are pathetic and have no balls! Embarrassing!!! NFC west redeux? 7-9 wins the west!!!

azchiefsfan
11-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Someone's going to get hot in the last 8 games. It hasn't happened for the Dolts, like the last 4 seasons, I say(get ready to laugh) look out for the Doncs.:D

Yoda
11-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Someone's going to get hot in the last 8 games. It hasn't happened for the Dolts, like the last 4 seasons, I say(get ready to laugh) look out for the Doncs.:D

As of right now, why the F*ck not.

jap1
11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Looks like the AFC West is once again the Wild Wild West ... too bad its not like the old days where they called it the Wild Wild West because we were all really GOOD teams, not super inconsistent.

Yoda
11-06-2011, 07:52 PM
It just.....ugly. Winner of these years AFC west prize....get bounced in the 1st round. Hell.....let the Donkos have it.

Ryfo18
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Officially renaming it to the AFC Breast.

Chiefster
11-07-2011, 12:24 AM
It is the division no one wants.

Fastphilly
11-07-2011, 01:20 AM
A chance to be a game up in the division and two games up on either the Raiders or Chargers Thursday night and they cough up a beat down at home to the hapless Dolphins? It's one thing to lose a game close because it's rare for an NFL team to go 0-16 so you know Miami will get a game sooner or later, but in this fashion? This is a BAD loss and even if we do win the division I don't know if I can stomach another first round loss at home. It has seem to be a pattern over the last 16 years and it's getting tiresome.

SIC J
11-07-2011, 01:50 AM
I said after the schedule was released that 9-7 or 8-8 could win the division.

Coach
11-07-2011, 08:08 AM
The challenge that the Chiefs have is that the easy part of their schedule is now over.

Carson Palmer looks like the same guy I've watched struggle for the last 5 years. Wasted draft picks. Wasted.

Phillip Rivers looks like he has other things on his mind. My guess is a lack of preparation. And let's face it, norv turner is blowing what could have been a great 5-7 year run for the bolts. This team has been and currently is the most talented aft west roster.

The donkeys are a joke and will be as long as Tebow is the qb. Deep down inside, John Fox is happy they beat the raiders yesterday but pissed that he is stuck with Tebow for at least one more week. The donks will never win anything with Tebow as their qb. If Tim Tebow wins a playoff game at qb, I will shut down this site. Ain't gonna happen.

This division is gonna come down to heart and who wants it most. But let's not kid ourselves, the afc west winning team will be a minor speed bump for whomever they play in the playoffs.

Midwest Bolt Fan
11-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Hello to All and warmest greetings midwest (Pike Co. IL) bolt fan here did not join your forum to fight or cause ill will have been a afc west fan since the old AFL days chiefs/chargers have a long history of good games never remember a dull one just like to talk afc west football yes all are playing like no one wants the div. may want to look out as the denver tebow's are only one game down on everyone do you guys allow free thinking? hope so been on the charger forums for a while now those those left coast lib's don't seem to like ya' unless you think or post a certain way it's all the bad water out there i guess the poor folks have to drink hope we can talk some football togather this winter Thanks & Take Care

iratefan
11-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Hello to All and warmest greetings midwest (Pike Co. IL) bolt fan here did not join your forum to fight or cause ill will have been a afc west fan since the old AFL days chiefs/chargers have a long history of good games never remember a dull one just like to talk afc west football yes all are playing like no one wants the div. may want to look out as the denver tebow's are only one game down on everyone do you guys allow free thinking? hope so been on the charger forums for a while now those those left coast lib's don't seem to like ya' unless you think or post a certain way it's all the bad water out there i guess the poor folks have to drink hope we can talk some football togather this winter Thanks & Take Care

all i gotta say is, punctuation. cant understand a word youre typing otherwise.

Chiefster
11-07-2011, 12:07 PM
The challenge that the Chiefs have is that the easy part of their schedule is now over.

Carson Palmer looks like the same guy I've watched struggle for the last 5 years. Wasted draft picks. Wasted.

Phillip Rivers looks like he has other things on his mind. My guess is a lack of preparation. And let's face it, norv turner is blowing what could have been a great 5-7 year run for the bolts. This team has been and currently is the most talented aft west roster.

The donkeys are a joke and will be as long as Tebow is the qb. Deep down inside, John Fox is happy they beat the raiders yesterday but pissed that he is stuck with Tebow for at least one more week. The donks will never win anything with Tebow as their qb. If Tim Tebow wins a playoff game at qb, I will shut down this site. Ain't gonna happen.

This division is gonna come down to heart and who wants it most. But let's not kid ourselves, the afc west winning team will be a minor speed bump for whomever they play in the playoffs.

Not a single thing I can disagree with here. The AFC West has really gone down the toilet.

azchiefsfan
11-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I disagree with the idea the Dolts are more talented. We have the Qb, receivers and runners to be an elite team. We have the secondary to shut down the best offenses. With an average or better O and D line, we compete for the Super Bowl. The Dolts have a good, but declining QB-he will be out of the league in 2 years. They have VERY average to sub-average receivers and NO running game and an O line marginally better than ours. They have a secondary that depends on a better than average D line-when the line gets no rush, their coverage is worth 3-4 seconds. Too many people think this is still a Schottaleadheimer quality team-it isn't. They are absolutely not better than us and only a still strong D line keeps them competitive at all.

azchiefsfan
11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
For clarification: Rivers will be a back-up quality QB within 2 years and because he is a spoiled brat in a mans body, will walk away instead.

KCraised
11-07-2011, 06:51 PM
A chance to be a game up in the division and two games up on either the Raiders or Chargers Thursday night and they cough up a beat down at home to the hapless Dolphins? It's one thing to lose a game close because it's rare for an NFL team to go 0-16 so you know Miami will get a game sooner or later, but in this fashion? This is a BAD loss and even if we do win the division I don't know if I can stomach another first round loss at home. It has seem to be a pattern over the last 16 years and it's getting tiresome.
This team has sucked since preseason so it's not surprising that the truth resurfaced, although getting bodyslammed yesterday like they did was pretty shocking.
This team has never gotten any respect, doesnt matter what you do. Remember some years back when we started out 9-0 with Vermeil? Thats not all luck. But by everyone you ask on the professional level, it was the contributing factor. We always have an asterik by anything we do. If we win the division at 7-9, i feel like the home run thats hit in baseball by the other team. If we win it, i say we throw it back out on the field. We don't deserve it. I want to win it because we were that good, not because we sucked less....

chief31
11-07-2011, 07:12 PM
This team has sucked since preseason so it's not surprising that the truth resurfaced, although getting bodyslammed yesterday like they did was pretty shocking.
This team has never gotten any respect, doesnt matter what you do. Remember some years back when we started out 9-0 with Vermeil? Thats not all luck. But by everyone you ask on the professional level, it was the contributing factor. We always have an asterik by anything we do. If we win the division at 7-9, i feel like the home run thats hit in baseball by the other team. If we win it, i say we throw it back out on the field. We don't deserve it. I want to win it because we were that good, not because we sucked less....

Oh, you're back.

Surprise, surprise.

All of a four posts in almost a month, as The Chiefs win four in a row, and one loss brings you back in full force, to tout how the bad is reality, and the good, a fluke.

4-4....
First place...

If this were last season, we would all be thrilled with the huge improvement over the prior year.

I would think that losing the number one cog to the offense, and possibly the best player on defense would account for a pretty big setback, not to mention, that 2010 was so obviously a fluke, right?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! The 14 wins are not reality! The 10 losses are, and the 14 wins should be viewed as losses!"

----------------------------------

It's just some growing pains people. Expect some more, very soon. That does not mean that this team is no good.

It means adjusting to changes, especially the change of losing your best players for a year, are tough to deal with.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.

#58ChiefsFan
11-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I disagree with the idea the Dolts are more talented. We have the Qb, receivers and runners to be an elite team. We have the secondary to shut down the best offenses. With an average or better O and D line, we compete for the Super Bowl. The Dolts have a good, but declining QB-he will be out of the league in 2 years. They have VERY average to sub-average receivers and NO running game and an O line marginally better than ours. They have a secondary that depends on a better than average D line-when the line gets no rush, their coverage is worth 3-4 seconds. Too many people think this is still a Schottaleadheimer quality team-it isn't. They are absolutely not better than us and only a still strong D line keeps them competitive at all.

They put up 38 points yesterday compared to our 3. That makes them a little better since we both played Monday night.

I 100% agree the SD window is little more than a peep hole at this point.

I'd still take Haley anyday over Turner, Jackson or Fox, but I still am concerned and always have been that our lines will ever be adequate again.

To me this is becoming the biggest mystery of the Pioli regime.

matthewschiefs
11-07-2011, 08:40 PM

Wow Pike co I live there to lol

josh1971
11-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Not that it matters. Irritating thing I realized tonight- since 2004, the AFC has been represented in the super bowl by the Colts, Steelers, or Pats. For a league going for parity, they're not doing real well on the AFC side. Doubt we'll see the Colts in the big one this year.

The AFC West is a mess at the moment.

AkChief49
11-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Oh, you're back.

Surprise, surprise.

All of a four posts in almost a month, as The Chiefs win four in a row, and one loss brings you back in full force, to tout how the bad is reality, and the good, a fluke.

4-4....
First place...

If this were last season, we would all be thrilled with the huge improvement over the prior year.

I would think that losing the number one cog to the offense, and possibly the best player on defense would account for a pretty big setback, not to mention, that 2010 was so obviously a fluke, right?

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain! The 14 wins are not reality! The 10 losses are, and the 14 wins should be viewed as losses!"

It's just some growing pains people. Expect some more, very soon. That does not mean that this team is no good.

It means adjusting to changes, especially the change of losing your best players for a year, are tough to deal with.

Yep, it's the glass is half full/half empty scenario. You're either a pessimist or an optimist. While it is hard to swallow losing to Miami, we all knew it was possible, maybe not 31-3 possible, but it happened. We will have Jekyll and Hyde fans,( I can be guilty, but do try to see positives) it's the nature of the beast(fan)
No way the team takes this lying down. If they do, then it will be time to panic. Let's move on to next week. DONKS must DIE! :beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse:

OPLookn
11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Yep, it's the glass is half full/half empty scenario. You're either a pessimist or an optimist. While it is hard to swallow losing to Miami, we all knew it was possible, maybe not 31-3 possible, but it happened. We will have Jekyll and Hyde fans,( I can be guilty, but do try to see positives) it's the nature of the beast(fan)
No way the team takes this lying down. If they do, then it will be time to panic. Let's move on to next week. DONKS must DIE! :beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse::beat_DeadHorse:

I see a Donks team that had a good day out in high altitude come into a game where the Chiefs are at home, pissed off and fired up after this debacle on Sunday. They'll have a long week of practice and I get to go to this game with my fiance and a few other people. For sure me and the rest will be screaming my head off. I just hope the Chiefs do indeed come out on a mission.

KCraised
11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Oh, you're back.

Surprise, surprise.

4-4....
First place...

You're F'ing hilarious, you know that? I couldn't have even told you how many posts i've done since then. But guess what? I've been in LA and San Diego on vacation alot of that time but hey, I paid $200 for Monday Night football tickets so I must not be that big of a fairweather fan, as i'm sure you consider me;)
There wasn't anything really concerning to talk about. Pat each other on the back for another win? I was cautiously optomistic, seeongs the teams they beat werent that great. I posted good things about the Chiefs fans( even made a thread to them, im sure you saw that in your little post research). Chiefs should've lost that game and you know it so don't go getting all high and mighty with your call out, buddy. Hey, if you feel all giddy with maybe winning a division at 7-9, you do that. If you think this team is doing great this season, you do that. I tell you what, I was buying into alittle Chiefs magic/luck after enjoying that monday night game so much. I even looked ahead and said ill take 6-3 going into the most hellish stretch of schedule i've seen in quite some time. But we got man handled by an anonymous QB and we had a QB running for his friggin life all day. I'm cool with this being a s*** year for the Chiefs. Ii've acxepted it. I don't like it but i'm a REALIST and look past this abortion of a season to next year and most likely personnel changes. I made the post that we have alot of talented people that can't execute worth a damn. Work on the execution and maybe the talent will shine. Well, when you watch yet another game where the play calling is blatently S***, you tend to get alittle ticked. Alot ticked. Watch what you post because you risk looking extremely misguided when at New England and beyond tells the story. You have to come down from the clouds, man. Since you seem to research MY posts so much, i'm gonna
Be watching yours closely. When this nasty stretch comes along, I shall be there to make sure you stay positive, pal. Keep that frown upside down, ok?

KCraised
11-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Do you think this team really deserves 1st place? Really? You can't be serious posting that garbage in your post

azchiefsfan
11-08-2011, 06:28 PM
They've won as many games as the other two teams were tied with. Yes, we deserve to be at #1 in the West. Does that mean we are or will be #1 in the league? Nope, but you win as many or more games than those in the conference and yes that makes us #1. "Are we a good team at #1"? That is a reasonable question. I think we are a good, but struggling team. Our D held SD to 20 points. They dropped 38 on Green Bay. So we are not a bad team, but we must figure out how to get more consistent play on both sides of the ball.

chief31
11-08-2011, 07:02 PM
You're F'ing hilarious, you know that?

Indeed, I do.

I couldn't have even told you how many posts i've done since then. But guess what? I've been in LA and San Diego on vacation alot of that time but hey, I paid $200 for Monday Night football tickets so I must not be that big of a fairweather fan, as i'm sure you consider me;)

How could anybody consider you a "fair weather fan"? When the weather was fair, you split. When the rain came, you return with a vengeance.

Make no doubt about it, I DO NOT think that you are a fair weather fan.

There wasn't anything really concerning to talk about. Pat each other on the back for another win?

Plenty to talk about when we have a bad day though. You know, just pat yourself on the back for another loss.

I was cautiously optomistic, seeongs the teams they beat werent that great. I posted good things about the Chiefs fans( even made a thread to them, im sure you saw that in your little post research).

Oooo. That changes everything.

Chiefs should've lost that game and you know it so don't go getting all high and mighty with your call out, buddy.

Chiefs outplayed The Chargers, and multiple mistakes by the officials are what gave The Chargers a chance to win, which they were unable to take advantage of.

Hey, if you feel all giddy with maybe winning a division at 7-9, you do that. If you think this team is doing great this season, you do that. I tell you what, I was buying into alittle Chiefs magic/luck after enjoying that monday night game so much. I even looked ahead and said ill take 6-3 going into the most hellish stretch of schedule i've seen in quite some time. But we got man handled by an anonymous QB and we had a QB running for his friggin life all day. I'm cool with this being a s*** year for the Chiefs. Ii've acxepted it. I don't like it but i'm a REALIST and look past this abortion of a season to next year and most likely personnel changes.

No Sir. A realist does not proclaim that a 4-4 team, tied for first place, is not reality, when it absolutely is.

A realist doesn't suggest that the team that got blown-out by an 0-7 team is "the real" Chiefs, suggesting that all of the success was just an aberration.

Nope. No realism in that.

I made the post that we have alot of talented people that can't execute worth a damn. Work on the execution and maybe the talent will shine. Well, when you watch yet another game where the play calling is blatently S***, you tend to get alittle ticked. Alot ticked. Watch what you post because you risk looking extremely misguided when at New England and beyond tells the story. You have to come down from the clouds, man. Since you seem to research MY posts so much, i'm gonna
Be watching yours closely.

Enjoy it. Because I am what you claim to be. When the masses get too confident, I remind them that we are capable of losing. And when guys like you continually declare this team to be completely horrible, I happily remind you of the successes that you fight so hard to deny.

Catch up with me later, and I'll be in the same spot.

When this nasty stretch comes along, I shall be there to make sure you stay positive, pal. Keep that frown upside down, ok?

You have nothing for me.

I fully expect to finish this season with a losing record. I only expect that the tough schedule ahead will serve as a learning experience for next season.

Now, take your "rose-colored glasses", "kool-aid", and "Homer" arguments, and pack them. They will be completely useless in discussions with me.

KCraised
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
They've won as many games as the other two teams were tied with. Yes, we deserve to be at #1 in the West. Does that mean we are or will be #1 in the league? Nope, but you win as many or more games than those in the conference and yes that makes us #1. "Are we a good team at #1"? That is a reasonable question. I think we are a good, but struggling team. Our D held SD to 20 points. They dropped 38 on Green Bay. So we are not a bad team, but we must figure out how to get more consistent play on both sides of the ball.
A civil and fair post. Totally agree with we have tremendous talent...that either A) Can't execute or B) is being given the wrong execution orders. Yes, we play the games and are in 1st place. But, by Chiefs31's definition of a true fan, i'm supposed to be thrilled with our play to this point and never have negatives. Hey, i've been here since the end of the Bill Kenney days. I've seen some discouraging teams fielded, seen some exciting Vermeil offenses, etc. I've been in the agonizing Arrowhead cold of the Harbaugh Indy loss. Like i haven't paid some dues in being a fan to this team. That's what riles me up. Yes, this team is severely struggling for consistency and an identity. I, just like anyone on this forum, wants a great season. The Miami game broke our back. We needed that game to trade off most likely both of us losing to GB and it would offset those games. But we laid the biggest egg. Statistically, it wasnt as lopsided as the score. But we know which statistic counts, the "W".
So if people hear people complaining about the team and people getting called "haters", so be it. I AM a hater....a hater of seeing talent squandered. Im a beloved Chiefs fan and i don't plan on sugarcoating our lack of impressiveness. I think the fans easily rival the best in the league. I'm tired of this team having an asterik by every positive thing they do. So, in my opinion, i demand excellence and won't settle or apologize for that.
Rant off....

KCraised
11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Nice breakdown, Chiefs31. Glad you are aware of the very realistic outcome of this season. You aren't quite as delusional as i concluded you to be. Impressed!

chief31
11-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Nice breakdown, Chiefs31. Glad you are aware of the very realistic outcome of this season. You aren't quite as delusional as i concluded you to be. Impressed!
I think our biggest difference is the expectations.

After 6-26 (2008 + 2009) I look for improvement each year, and do not expect much more.

4-12 in 2009? A slight improvement. But I would have given a pass for a first year of a rebuild.

10-6 in 2010? Well, I think most of us know that we didn't really improve THAT much. No way to argue that it was not an improvement. But I don't think that team goes 10-6 in any other division (Well, NFC West) last season.

So, the gauge for improvement in 2011 needs some adjusting.

For me, I just look for an improvement over 2009, but with some emphasis on it.

However, considering the losses of several key players, I find it pretty difficult to keep my expectations as high.

So, in my case, I simply acknowledge that circumstances have fogged up the waters for this year. And will have to see what they can do while missing so many key components.

The losses of Moeaki, Berry and Charles have simply given the team a "stay of execution" for this season.

But my expectations for 2012 will be back on schedule, which means three times the improvement over 2009.

I will expect no less than a playoff appearance, with some impressive wins.

I think it is only realistic to expect improvement, and just as realistic to see how the major setbacks, caused by injury, would result in lowered expectations.

And even 2012 can start a little slow, as players become acquainted with the changes of bringing back the guys who will not be around this season.

KCraised
11-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I think our biggest difference is the expectations.

After 6-26 (2008 + 2009) I look for improvement each year, and do not expect much more.

4-12 in 2009? A slight improvement. But I would have given a pass for a first year of a rebuild.

10-6 in 2010? Well, I think most of us know that we didn't really improve THAT much. No way to argue that it was not an improvement. But I don't think that team goes 10-6 in any other division (Well, NFC West) last season.

So, the gauge for improvement in 2011 needs some adjusting.

For me, I just look for an improvement over 2009, but with some emphasis on it.

However, considering the losses of several key players, I find it pretty difficult to keep my expectations as high.

So, in my case, I simply acknowledge that circumstances have fogged up the waters for this year. And will have to see what they can do while missing so many key components.

The losses of Moeaki, Berry and Charles have simply given the team a "stay of execution" for this season.

But my expectations for 2012 will be back on schedule, which means three times the improvement over 2009.

I will expect no less than a playoff appearance, with some impressive wins.

I think it is only realistic to expect improvement, and just as realistic to see how the major setbacks, caused by injury, would result in lowered expectations.

And even 2012 can start a little slow, as players become acquainted with the changes of bringing back the guys who will not be around this season.

Admittedly, a great post by you, Chiefs31. I think what has me really bitter about this year is the unexpected 10-6 season last year. BUT, and i'm saying this because this seems like the general consensus, we had a very soft schedule last year and the gawdy 10-6 really put this years expectations alittle unrealistic, seeings the Schedule from Hell was thrown on us for the present year.
We still agree to disagree on our differences in tolerances towards this years team and it's productiveness expectations but, like I said, you made a great post.

chief31
11-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Admittedly, a great post by you, Chiefs31. I think what has me really bitter about this year is the unexpected 10-6 season last year. BUT, and i'm saying this because this seems like the general consensus, we had a very soft schedule last year and the gawdy 10-6 really put this years expectations alittle unrealistic, seeings the Schedule from Hell was thrown on us for the present year.
We still agree to disagree on our differences in tolerances towards this years team and it's productiveness expectations but, like I said, you made a great post.

Well, thanks.

It is good to see that there is more to you than the impression I had before.

Basically, Until I see a real serious, lasting, fallback, from this team, then I am more apt to let Haley run his course, over starting over, with who knows what kind of coach.

azchiefsfan
11-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I am getting closer to letting Haley go after this season if he can't get us to 8-8. We are a very talented team and the fact that we look great one game then like the worst team in the league the next is on him. I am starting to wonder if we don't have another Whisenhunt on our hands. A guy who can look very good then very bad at a drop of a hat. That kind of up and down leadership is not what we want. I would be more inclined to give Whisenhunt a couple more seasons since he took an over-achieving team to the Super Bowl and was one play from winning it all. I am starting to fear Haley peaked last year and it is going to be a long, slow ride to 4-12 next year. I hope I am wrong, but this lack of consistency is troubling.

chief31
11-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I am getting closer to letting Haley go after this season if he can't get us to 8-8. We are a very talented team and the fact that we look great one game then like the worst team in the league the next is on him. I am starting to wonder if we don't have another Whisenhunt on our hands. A guy who can look very good then very bad at a drop of a hat. That kind of up and down leadership is not what we want. I would be more inclined to give Whisenhunt a couple more seasons since he took an over-achieving team to the Super Bowl and was one play from winning it all. I am starting to fear Haley peaked last year and it is going to be a long, slow ride to 4-12 next year. I hope I am wrong, but this lack of consistency is troubling.

Nothing this season has been much of a surprise to me, except for winning four in a row.

SIC J
11-10-2011, 06:06 PM
What's sad is the entire AFC West has only 3 wins against teams with WINNING records. Raiders have 2 of them and the Broncos have the other 1.

AkChief49
11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
What's sad is the entire AFC West has only 3 wins against teams with WINNING records. Raiders have 2 of them and the Broncos have the other 1.
Well, at the time we beat them Oakland and San Diego had winning records:D

okikcfan
11-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Lets face it, AFC West sucks this year and sadly I am rooting for the Raiders tonight.....only because I'd like to punch Rivers in the face!

azchiefsfan
11-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Lets face it, AFC West sucks this year and sadly I am rooting for the Raiders tonight.....only because I'd like to punch Rivers in the face!

I agree. He has taken Elway's place as the most hated whiner in my book.

alexim58
11-11-2011, 01:00 AM
IMO ... AFC West .. becomes the weak link on the American Division. Most of the teams are under construction. And Sandy-Go .. seems to fall into pieces.

Faiders : Besides D. McFadden that finally shows why the Faiders pick him up. I don't see the shame of his reconstruction. any of their QB seems to be the answer. their Offense isn't as explosive and his defense is competitive, their most dangerous weapons are Special Teams.

Sandy-Go : For many years there were called to be Superbowl Contenders .. but I guess that they showed signs that his dream is over. QB Rivers may be is playing hurt this season .. but c'mon his playing is LAME! .. they dont have a RB .. their WR's just cant catch .. This season TE Gates .. had seen more playing time at the bench that on field. His Defense becomes Older and wasted. And I guess that it's the last season of Turner as HC.

The Donks : They don't have a QB to build around, Tebow isn't the answer .. there are no RB .. about WR & TE maybe Decker is the only good one. There's no OL. On the other side his D is about the same.

Chiefs : Last but not least .. If we make the right decisions this time .. We could be a step ahead in the Division. We already got a RB that could turn into a Elite one, and Battle has shows flashes to be the other part for ground attack. Our FB is a great one. Our WR corps finally seems to be above Average and becomes into a Good One .. Bowe, Breston, Baldwin and Moeaki makes a balance team. Our "headache" is OL and QB
We need to fix the spots on OL .. Albert shown potential but we need him to become into a reality not only flashes, Lija is OK .. our C is under his last ride .. and for the rest of the OL .. we need to get better players. About our QB .. honestly I'm not Cassel's Fan.
IMO he's so overrated and Overpay, Yes he shows some flashes but as well he showed that he's just an Average Backup QB. We NEED a QB that can make an easy trow as well as a DEEP. Someone that can performance and the same level every week. I believe that our K is good enough .. and our P is in a great level. Now on the other Side .. We need DE and NT .. as DE wee need someone that can put pressure along Hali and a NT that can stop the run .. Our LB are pretty good and IMO Houston after a year under the system will be a good compliment to Hali, DJ becomes into a force and Study could move to the other Middle spot .. Our DB's are the best we had since Lewis, Ross and Cherry. Of curse they had huge mistakes but also they had some great performs. Of curse we need a healthy Berry .. to make us a better DB.

Like I said .. IMO we are just a few steps to become the best on this division. We need that the Front Office deliver the right players (on Draft or Via FA) and We could be the leading force in the AFC West.

70 chiefsfan70
11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
I do see the Chiefs as being the most talented team of the AFC West. We have so much unused talent it makes me sick to see this team in this situation. We should be running with the lead. I still say our QB is the weak link, because when a defense blitzes we become a one, I mean (none) dementional team. With our WR's there is no reason we can't have Cassel play in the shotgun formation and get the ball out in quarter of a second, other than the fact that when Cassel gets rattled and pressured he panics and self destructs. Obviously our OL needs help, but Cassel could help his own cause, if he was capable of running a quick passing offense, but as we've seen way too much he is not able. Even with JC out we still have a good running game.

The reason Cassel had good numbers last year was due to our excellent running game. Any Joe Blow off the street can make a 8 or 10 yard pass when half the defense bite on the run.

Play calling this year, has been as bad as any I've seen. Haley is now on my got to go list, even if he is not calling plays this is still what he gets paid for and I would have to grade his work an FFFFF.

Our D line needs inproved but if our offense would not go 3 and out 75 % of the time maybe they could get some rest.

Any of the AFC teams Chiefs, Faiders, Donks, and Candle lights could start stepping away and run with this division, but the Chiefs are IMO the most talented.

azchiefsfan
11-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I disagree with Cassel being the weak link, but everybody has an opinion. Last year and this year, when Cassel has been allowed to throw and has more than 2 seconds, he has been fabulous. Just look at the many great throws last week, including the 45 yard touchdown pass, when he had a little time and was allowed to throw. You guys hating on Cassel focus on him and can't seem to understand how the game works. Why is Rivers suddenly looking like a chump after being a SB level QB for so long? Because their O line sucks now, when in years past they had one of the best. Cassel could still make great plays when under pressure if they would allow him to throw the ball. We have some of the worst play calling, at times, that I have ever seen. That is not on Cassel. That is on which ever offensive committee member is calling the plays at that time. Can you, 70chiefsfan, look at the whole picture or are you so shallow a fan that you truly have no understanding of what it takes for any QB to be successful in the NFL? Myopic: nearsighted: unable to see distant objects clearly.

OPLookn
11-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I disagree with Cassel being the weak link, but everybody has an opinion. Last year and this year, when Cassel has been allowed to throw and has more than 2 seconds, he has been fabulous. Just look at the many great throws last week, including the 45 yard touchdown pass, when he had a little time and was allowed to throw. You guys hating on Cassel focus on him and can't seem to understand how the game works. Why is Rivers suddenly looking like a chump after being a SB level QB for so long? Because their O line sucks now, when in years past they had one of the best. Cassel could still make great plays when under pressure if they would allow him to throw the ball. We have some of the worst play calling, at times, that I have ever seen. That is not on Cassel. That is on which ever offensive committee member is calling the plays at that time. Can you, 70chiefsfan, look at the whole picture or are you so shallow a fan that you truly have no understanding of what it takes for any QB to be successful in the NFL? Myopic: nearsighted: unable to see distant objects clearly.

As I've said before to other people here would you like to be the pot or the kettle? If an offensive line holds up then any QB in the league should be able to throw an accurate pass, of course he's going to look like an all star. It's when a line breaks down that you find out what kind of QB you have.

I'll give Cassel that he can scramble and that works out alright every now and then. He had some good rushing yards last week but you don't want a QB that rushes, you want a scrambling QB that continues to look down field. To add to that once a QB starts looking down field he has to be able to complete accurate throws. Last week when Cassel did scramble and didn't run he found the first guy in red and threw it at him. By at him I mean in the general vicinity of the area and really just wanting to get rid of the ball. So many of his passes on the run made the receivers have to reach back, jump, or try to catch the ball one handed.

You seem to have on Cassel colored glasses and are so intent on protecting him from any nay sayer that you haven't looked at what he does wrong and if he's the guy in the future. I'm not saying throw him out now, not saying next year I'm saying for the future do you really want a guy past the 2012 season that is 33+ and right now looks like the type of guy that will run for his life, throw an inaccurate ball or bird dog his receivers? I mean we can dress it up in a "well if Cassel has a pocket and 5+ seconds to throw the ball" package but everyone knows that's not the NFL. Three step drop, throw the ball in less than 3 seconds from snap to release. So the same thing can be said to you as you said to 70ChiefsFan, can you look at the whole picture and not some dream of a pocket where Cassel can eat a sandwich and then throw the ball?

azchiefsfan
11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
As I've said before to other people here would you like to be the pot or the kettle? If an offensive line holds up then any QB in the league should be able to throw an accurate pass, of course he's going to look like an all star. It's when a line breaks down that you find out what kind of QB you have.

I'll give Cassel that he can scramble and that works out alright every now and then. He had some good rushing yards last week but you don't want a QB that rushes, you want a scrambling QB that continues to look down field. To add to that once a QB starts looking down field he has to be able to complete accurate throws. Last week when Cassel did scramble and didn't run he found the first guy in red and threw it at him. By at him I mean in the general vicinity of the area and really just wanting to get rid of the ball. So many of his passes on the run made the receivers have to reach back, jump, or try to catch the ball one handed.

You seem to have on Cassel colored glasses and are so intent on protecting him from any nay sayer that you haven't looked at what he does wrong and if he's the guy in the future. I'm not saying throw him out now, not saying next year I'm saying for the future do you really want a guy past the 2012 season that is 33+ and right now looks like the type of guy that will run for his life, throw an inaccurate ball or bird dog his receivers? I mean we can dress it up in a "well if Cassel has a pocket and 5+ seconds to throw the ball" package but everyone knows that's not the NFL. Three step drop, throw the ball in less than 3 seconds from snap to release. So the same thing can be said to you as you said to 70ChiefsFan, can you look at the whole picture and not some dream of a pocket where Cassel can eat a sandwich and then throw the ball?

You're funny. The best QB of this generation, Peyton Manning, couldn't do what you're saying a good QB can do. Same with Rivers and even Brees. The one exception is Rodgers and no one can come close to him right now. You're saying Cassel has to be better than the most elite QB's in the league to be considered good. That is nuts and very "myopic".

OPLookn
11-11-2011, 01:14 PM
You're funny. The best QB of this generation, Peyton Manning, couldn't do what you're saying a good QB can do. Same with Rivers and even Brees. The one exception is Rodgers and no one can come close to him right now. You're saying Cassel has to be better than the most elite QB's in the league to be considered good. That is nuts and very "myopic".

You're kidding right? Every QB you listed moves with the pocket, throws the ball or throws it away instead of tucking it and running or throws it away. When was the last time Manning had an 11 yard run? I said Cassel needs to continue to look down field instead of going into a panic and throwing it at the first guy he sees. How ever you wanna spin it though.

SIC J
11-11-2011, 01:29 PM
You're kidding right? Every QB you listed moves with the pocket, throws the ball or throws it away instead of tucking it and running or throws it away. When was the last time Manning had an 11 yard run? I said Cassel needs to continue to look down field instead of going into a panic and throwing it at the first guy he sees. How ever you wanna spin it though.

The difference is Manning has a much better O-line!

OPLookn
11-11-2011, 01:58 PM
The difference is Manning has a much better O-line!

I'm not going to say that the line doesn't play a part but to squarely put the fault or praise on the line simply doesn't cut it. Manning gets rid of the ball so fast it's ridiculous.

Do I expect Cassel to do the same? No. But I'd like to see some semblance of continuing to look down field by Cassel instead of just tucking and running. If you're happy with how he's working now I hope you're ready for feast or famine.

#58ChiefsFan
11-11-2011, 07:27 PM
When the injury bug made it's way to Indys line last year Peyton looked less than superhuman. They won the division but when Rex and the Jets brought the house in the playoffs they were one and done. Attributed to receivers not separating in the time the pocket collapsed.

SIC J
11-11-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm not going to say that the line doesn't play a part but to squarely put the fault or praise on the line simply doesn't cut it. Manning gets rid of the ball so fast it's ridiculous.

Do I expect Cassel to do the same? No. But I'd like to see some semblance of continuing to look down field by Cassel instead of just tucking and running. If you're happy with how he's working now I hope you're ready for feast or famine.

Manning is one of a kind, no doubt. But it starts with the line. Manning has also always had GREAT receivers as well to enable him to get rid of the ball very quickly.

When Cassel is given time, he can make the long pass. He has proven that this year. Why? Cuz he now has receivers that can get open downfield and he is getting the time to be able to throw the long ball.

Personally, I like the fact that he is tucking the ball and running. This will keep the defense more on it's toes. If the defense has no fear of the QB running with the ball, then you have 1 less defensive player guarding a receiver. Of course I don't want Cassel to over-do the running though. Haha

chief31
11-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Cassel is fine when the o-line is not the worst in The NFL.

Get a "great QB" and leave the o-line, play-calling and running game as-is, and the results will be identical.

Cassel had a fantastic game against The Chargers, but it was soured by the play-calling, horribly beaten OTs, o-line penalties, and a myriad of dropped passes.

The Dolphins simply destroyed our pass protection, and left Cassel with few options.

But, even with that, Cassel played very well, making something of many nothing plays.

But, every time the o-line destroys our offense, Cassel gets the blame.

Every time we run back-to-back draw plays once we are at 2nd & 18, Cassel gets the blame.

Every time a WR drops a third down pass, it's cassel's fault again.

And every time Cassel has a good game, it is always because the play-calling, blocking and receiver's hands made it all happen.

And it isn't like the pass protection was usually pretty decent against The Dolphins. Almost every passing play had one, or more, of our pass protectors getting beaten, one-on-one, or a missed assignment.

They were just terrible.

For me, the problem has been everything around Matt Cassel. And very little of it has been Matt Cassel.

If the rest of the offense could play as well as Matt Cassel all year, then we would be right there with The Packers,Saints, or Patriots in offense.

70 chiefsfan70
11-11-2011, 08:41 PM
I agree and even mentioned that the OL needs help, but my point was when Cassel is in panic mode after a couple hurries and knock downs and many times does NOT see a wide open Receiver. We have a very talented group of WR and they will and do get open quickly and often, and Cassel is not able to throw the ball accurately.He does not have the ability to get rid of it quickly and every D C knows therefore yes I see him being the weakest link on this team.

I'm, totally aware that Cassel does not call the plays, and also that if they do call quick passes of any sort and place, he is usually late or off target. Cassel is not capable of being a quick passer. He would be a good passer with the right OL and a great running game. But a great DL will expose him to what he really is.

I don't think the Chiefs have had other option that are better them Cassel, therefore he is still our QB. We've always had so many other needs that it didn't make sense to draft a possible bust.

chief31
11-11-2011, 08:50 PM
I agree and even mentioned that the OL needs help, but my point was when Cassel is in panic mode after a couple hurries and knock downs and many times does NOT see a wide open Receiver. We have a very talented group of WR and they will and do get open quickly and often, and Cassel is not able to throw the ball accurately.He does not have the ability to get rid of it quickly and every D C knows therefore yes I see him being the weakest link on this team.

I'm, totally aware that Cassel does not call the plays, and also that if they do call quick passes of any sort and place, he is usually late or off target. Cassel is not capable of being a quick passer. He would be a good passer with the right OL and a great running game. But a great DL will expose him to what he really is.

I don't think the Chiefs have had other option that are better them Cassel, therefore he is still our QB. We've always had so many other needs that it didn't make sense to draft a possible bust.

Our problem with that quick passing has been dropped passes, and tight coverage, making for short gains.

Cassel can't throw quickly? That's a joke, right?

He was doing it very well through the first several games, but the dropped passes, and lack of running after the catch has made those options impotent.

Opposing defenses have been sitting on those quick patterns, because nobody is fool enough to think that we can protect our QB long enough to run a deep route.

Not to mention the likelihood of our WRS actually catching the ball in one-on-one situations.

It has been worth the risk to blitz heavily, and play tight coverage underneath, because we rarely provide enough protection to do anything but throw quickly.

tornadospotter
11-11-2011, 10:08 PM
What we need is a Fran Tarkenton at the QB position.
Top 10 Scramblers of alltime - Fran Tarkenton - YouTube

azchiefsfan
11-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Top 10 Scramblers of alltime - Fran Tarkenton - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmeTo-8aoI)

Well if we're going to wax nostalgic, give me Lenny Dawson hurling that ball around the field like a surgeon or (remember this is fantasy) or the tough and gritty Jim Plunkett throwing off linemen to burn secondaries with scary precise throws. He may have been a Traider, but a 2 Super Bowl winning quarterback isn't in the HOF is a crime.

AkChief49
11-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Top 10 Scramblers of alltime - Fran Tarkenton - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmeTo-8aoI)
Well, a OT would be cheaper. I'm not sure M.Vick in his prime could scramble behind this current line.