PDA

View Full Version : WRs

GarH
11-13-2011, 03:55 PM
The Chiefs need some NFL caliber WRs. Some receivers that are capable of catching a football. I sure hope they draft a decent receiver in the draft this year.

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
That falls on Haley as well. He is supposed to be a WR coach and we have some of the worst hands in the league.

drstandley31
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
The Chiefs need some NFL caliber WRs. Some receivers that are capable of catching a football. I sure hope they draft a decent receiver in the draft this year.
WR? You're out of your mind. We have zero pass rush, can't stop a run when you know they are going to run, can't block, and you want a WR?

GarH
11-13-2011, 04:28 PM
How are you going to have a passing attack if the WRs can't catch a football?

Ryfo18
11-13-2011, 04:41 PM
When EVERY single pass is never on the mark, you can't put it on the wide receivers. The Chiefs have had "drop" problems every year since Cassel has been the quarterback. Let's be honest, the wide receivers are constantly having to make big adjustments to catch the ball. The ball to Baldwin that he "dropped" was thrown way behind. Two consecutive throws in the 3rd quarter were air mailed (one was bailed out by a generous Pass Interference). Watch the game again and tell me when Cassel put a throw on the money.

70 chiefsfan70
11-13-2011, 04:44 PM
When EVERY single pass is never on the mark, you can't put it on the wide receivers. The Chiefs have had "drop" problems every year since Cassel has been the quarterback. Let's be honest, the wide receivers are constantly having to make big adjustments to catch the ball. The ball to Baldwin that he "dropped" was thrown way behind. Two consecutive throws in the 3rd quarter were air mailed (one was bailed out by a generous Pass Interference). Watch the game again and tell me when Cassel put a throw on the money.

You got it right, he is a very inacurate passer even if he is not pressured.

GarH
11-13-2011, 04:45 PM
A true NFL caliber could catch the balls being dropped today. Only being able to catch perfectly placed passes is not what I want to see in a receiver.

Ryfo18
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
A true NFL caliber could catch the balls being dropped today. Only being able to catch perfectly placed passes is not what I want to see in a receiver.

And a true NFL caliber QB could put balls right in his wide receivers hands consistently. Try to tell me Cassel has been doing that.

matthewschiefs
11-13-2011, 04:50 PM
The way I see it the WRS need to get there buts chewed out like Cassel does. Neither helped the other today. And that was the problem. It wasn't that the WRs were bad or that Cassel was bad it was the offense was bad.

GarH
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
That is not what I'm saying. He is an average QB. He will never be a great QB. I'm saying the receivers make him look worse than he is.

drstandley31
11-13-2011, 04:54 PM
How are you going to have a passing attack if the WRs can't catch a football?
How are you going to have one if you're QB is running for his life (against a bad team) and can't let your WR's complete their routes?

KCraised
11-13-2011, 05:35 PM
This is my take on it...

I thought it was interesting when I was watching GB play in the last week or two and they were pounding thier competition, as usual, and one of the ex nfl commentators was saying that alot of the success of catching everything rodgers threw was due to the reciever's trust in Rodger's ball placement because he never puts his recievers in harms way, to have thier heads taken off by a secondary, so they catch thier ball with confidence. I personally would be scared sh**less to catch one of his unpredictable decisions. Maybe they lack the confidence due to his inaccuracy and they have a high probability of leaving the field on a backboard?
It all starts with an accurate throw.

SIC J
11-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah cuz Cassel had plenty of time to throw the ball as well...............

phillychiefsfan
11-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey Chiefs fans. This is my first time posting. What I want to know, who is/are the weak links on the O line and why can't Cassel get time to pass

KCraised
11-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah cuz Cassel had plenty of time to throw the ball as well...............
Ill have to go back and look how much pressure he had on him when he threw that beautiful duck pass downfield. Didn't he throw a couple long jump balls into double coverage? Also, one where Baldwin caught it on the friggin' back of the defender (never seen that one before. Great catch by Baldwin!) Yeah, that's precision, no doubt

OPLookn
11-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Blaming this one on the receivers for not catching piss poor thrown balls is like getting blamed for not meeting your time line at work because your boss made a piss poor time line in the first place. Cassel is inaccurate in every sense of the word. I was at the game and it all starts with the QB. The line held up well enough that only a few time did Cassel have to scramble or run.

Cassel is inaccurate and something needs to be done about it in a draft or free agency....period. I thought he was turning around but he took that thought and just pissed all over it. I'm so upset with Cassel right now I just can't even begin to tell you.

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey Chiefs fans. This is my first time posting. What I want to know, who is/are the weak links on the O line and why can't Cassel get time to pass

Pretty much the entire line is broken right now. Given our QB needs 15 seconds to make a decision.

iratefan
11-13-2011, 07:32 PM
bowe/breaston/baldwin is imo a pretty significant receiver corps. yeah both bowe and breaston had one bad drop each in todays game. to say we need to start over or add more talent there before anything else is a joke. hell id rather replace matt cassel before id replace this trio. baldwin suplexed a cornerback today in order to catch a ball that was thrown way behind him. you dont get much more amazing on the highlight reel than that.

i think we dont see a lot of throws down field for two reasons. 1 - the line wont even give cassel that much time. NFL has our number now, blitz our asses into the ground. we cant handle it! 2 - Cassel has little to no confidence throwing passes down field in high pressure situations. sure a shot down field during junk time is what youre likely to see, but not while the game's still close.

give this lineup some time to get open and a QB who can consistently 'give them a chance' to catch a ball, and theyll make some amazing plays.

nigeriannightmare
11-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Ill have to go back and look how much pressure he had on him when he threw that beautiful duck pass downfield. Didn't he throw a couple long jump balls into double coverage? Also, one where Baldwin caught it on the friggin' back of the defender (never seen that one before. Great catch by Baldwin!) Yeah, that's precision, no doubt

The drive killer on 3rd and 4 that breaston dropped was a drop plain and simple we were moving the ball too. lack of confidence i feel on cassels part. They were rushing 4 and got to him more than once that's not good i don't care what anyone says about that. Cassel has been getting the crap kicked out of him the last 2 weeks.

kcvet
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

as Coach pointed out look at his eyes

figcrostic
11-13-2011, 09:57 PM
This thread is rediculous our WR's are the strongest part of our team.:whipping1:

Chiefster
11-14-2011, 01:40 AM
This thread is rediculous our WR's are the strongest part of our team.:whipping1:

On this you and I will need to agree to disagree.

Hayvern
11-14-2011, 01:43 AM
We all know that Bowe is a drop magnet, that kid has always had issues with drops. The other two guys however, well I would not expect them to be dropping a lot. All receivers drop passes from time to time. Bowe is even doing better than he has the last few years.

AussieChiefsFan
11-14-2011, 01:59 AM
I think a big thing is that many of these players haven't matured enough. I see potential in many of these players, like Baldwin and Bowe

Chiefster
11-14-2011, 02:01 AM
I think a big thing is that many of these players haven't matured enough. I see potential in many of these players, like Baldwin and Bowe

I agree Aussie, but Bowe has been with the team long enough to get the dropsies under control, although, as Hayvern sated he has improved over the last couple years.

AussieChiefsFan
11-14-2011, 02:03 AM
I agree Aussie, but Bowe has been with the team long enough to get the dropsies under control, although, as Hayvern sated he has improved over the last couple years.
True, but guess bowe has been doing better things than he has been doing bad recently

KCraised
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

as Coach pointed out look at his eyes

Great picture....must be right before the hit that Bowe's going To have to take from yet another badly placed pass by Cassel;)

pojote
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Baldwin is a machine, but without memory. Yesterday his major problems were remember his routes. I think dropped passes by Breaston and Bowe were for trying to do much. First you catch the ball, then you run if you can.

figcrostic
11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
On this you and I will need to agree to disagree.

I'm interested in hearing what part of our team is better then our WR's.

Our QB is average
Our OL is below average
Our DL is below average
Our secondary is below average
Our rb's are average behind a crap line.
In my opinon and many others Dwayne Bowe is a very good WR, Breaston is a good WR, and Baldwin is a very good college player who will most likely make a very good NFL WR.

Chiefster
11-14-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm interested in hearing what part of our team is better then our WR's.

Our QB is average
Our OL is below average
Our DL is below average
Our secondary is below average
Our rb's are average behind a crap line.
In my opinon and many others Dwayne Bowe is a very good WR, Breaston is a good WR, and Baldwin is a very good college player who will most likely make a very good NFL WR.

Well, seeing our receivers consistently drop passes that hit them in the hands when the game is on the line puts me in mind of average players that can't perform when it counts the most. You can see the frustration on Cassel's face every time it happens. JMHO

jap1
11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Great picture....must be right before the hit that Bowe's going To have to take from yet another badly placed pass by Cassel;)

I honestly dont remember other than one or two passes where our receivers got lit up. And on those few passes, they were placed the only place they could be and not get picked. Maybe I have missed some of these set-up passes you are talking about because I have missed some of the games, but I know for sure on that pass, Bowe was wide open and took his eyes off the ball.

Most of the drops yesterday I am concerned about were right in the hands of the receiver and in stride. The receivers were wide open and just didnt concentrate on the ball.

lovenflrefs1
11-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Remember what Bowe did at the beginning of last year? Remember what happened after they started catching balls in porta potties? Bowe ended up leading in touchdown catches. I think they need to go back to this. Baldwin and Bowe have great talent, but they need someone to lead them.

Also, remember the catch that will never be against Denver? Yeah, nice illegal formation there, refs.

texaschief
11-15-2011, 05:03 AM
The lack of any kind of direction or rhythm in the offense is to blame for the amount of drops these guys are having... that and coaching. This group of WRs is going to be fine. I'd be more concerned about an accurate QB before calling for more draft picks to be spent on WRs.

KCraised
11-15-2011, 08:05 AM
I honestly dont remember other than one or two passes where our receivers got lit up. And on those few passes, they were placed the only place they could be and not get picked. Maybe I have missed some of these set-up passes you are talking about because I have missed some of the games, but I know for sure on that pass, Bowe was wide open and took his eyes off the ball.

Most of the drops yesterday I am concerned about were right in the hands of the receiver and in stride. The receivers were wide open and just didnt concentrate on the ball.
Well, that pass looks right on the numbers. He has had some pretty lousy passes, imo, but He also tends to stare down recievers so I should've pointed that out for my lame excuse at being clever...work with me;-D

chiefnut
11-15-2011, 08:24 AM
how about the baldwin catch on the back of the defender that was nullified on a penalty. how many "nfl caliber" receivers make that catch!!! or receiver corps is fine, lets upgrade our lines and qb, you'll find we will be a much beer football team even w/the same receivers.

70 chiefsfan70
11-15-2011, 09:10 AM
The lack of any kind of direction or rhythm in the offense is to blame for the amount of drops these guys are having... that and coaching. This group of WRs is going to be fine. I'd be more concerned about an accurate QB before calling for more draft picks to be spent on WRs.

You are correct. These WRs are a very talented group and we are very fortunate to have them. They are definately lacking confidence and are not being coached to their potential. With a new coach and QB (next season if not later this season) they will be much better. The WRs and a healthy secondary are the highlight of this team IMO.

OPLookn
11-15-2011, 11:19 AM

THIS!!! Rep!

texaschief
11-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Drops are frustrating for sure, but there are deeper issues here than just what it looks like on the surface. Just sayin.