PDA

View Full Version : Still willing to defend Cassel?

Three7s
11-13-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm sick and tired of seeing this every week. I thought he was average, but now, I'm not so sure. We're not winning a game the rest of the year unless we luck into an upset.

Oh well.

drstandley31
11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure how you determine it's him. Rotten play calling, no blocking, and drop passes. When he starts doing those things badly, I'll agree with you. How many times was he hit?

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM
No I'm not.

Three7s
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure how you determine it's him. Rotten play calling, no blocking, and drop passes. When he starts doing those things badly, I'll agree with you. How many times was he hit?
Rewatch the game. He missed at least 5 throws. The one to Breaston was an embarrassment and if it was made, it's a TD.

matthewschiefs
11-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm willing to defend him to an extent. It's not just Matt Cassel holding the offense back. The WRs have dropped some balls that they should catch. IMO there are bigger problems with this team then Matt Cassel. So yes I will defend him to an extent.

That being said he's still part of the problem I am not trying to say he's not. IF a change would be made I would not complain. But I don't think everything would be fixed if we made a change. I am not sure that anything would really be better. But I won't complain if a change is made.

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Palko Monday night is our best chance to beat NE, thats pretty sad.

matthewschiefs
11-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Palko Monday night is our best chance to beat NE, thats pretty sad.

I would rather see what we have with our rookie myself. See if maybe possibly we have something there or not. But that might just be me

GarH
11-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Gotta agree with matthewchiefs, even if we had a great QB, we would still need NFL caliber receivers that could catch a football.

Ryfo18
11-13-2011, 04:38 PM
My simple answer to this question: no I'm not.

GarH
11-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Palko? You want to replace an average QB with a REALLY BAD QB?

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't think Tyler is really that much different than Cassel, we most likely are going to loose in NE, at the very least it should light a fire under Matts ***. Matt hasnt exactly been posting numbers beyond what Palko would be able to do.

okikcfan
11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow, so I work the weekend meaning If I get to see the game in my area it's recorded. But when I get off work and hear that Tebow completed 2, 2 freaking passes out of 8 and we lost? Now #58ChiefsFan say we are most likely going to loose against the pats, Really? Ya think? Blown out by a winless team and now this. WTF, I dont think it would really matter who you have in at QB, until the team gets it's s@*t together, we aren't gonna win s@*t.

okikcfan
11-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Sorry #58 I was not picking on you or anything, my bad just pissed.

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Its all good OK

This is a bad day to be a Chiefs fan

OPLookn
11-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Gotta agree with matthewchiefs, even if we had a great QB, we would still need NFL caliber receivers that could catch a football.

I'll tell you what, if we get a QB that can put a ball in a spot where the receivers aren't going to get blown up, have to jump for it, dive or catch it one handed. Then and only then if they aren't catching the ball I'll say we need new receivers...needing new receivers...gotta be kidding me. I'm sorry GarH, it's just that I was there watching the game and if the receivers were the problem you and I were watching different games.

Hayvern
11-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Yeah, i am done with this offense. The whole and complete offense. they have not been good all season, name one game where the offense has carried this team to a win? Indy does not count.

THis is a game we should have won, if we can't beat Denver, then pretty much we are a 4 and 12 team this year. Put a fork in Cassel he is done.

As for the receivers, we are at the halfway mark now, they are not nearly as bad about dropping passes at this point as they have in years past.

The offensive line sucks, there is nothing more that can be said, I am not sure what Pioli and crew are waiting for in regards to fixing this problem, but it simply sucks. Frankly, if the offensive line was better, then maybe we could give Cassel a pass, but as it stands right now, no one, not one player on offense deserves to be on this team next year.

drstandley31
11-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure how we would have any consistancy anyway. We're on I believe our 5th Offensive Coordinator in 6 years. There's no system here, just crappy plays drawn in the dirt. For the life of me I cannot figure out what their game plan ever is.

OPLookn
11-13-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure how we would have any consistancy anyway. We're on I believe our 5th Offensive Coordinator in 6 years. There's no system here, just crappy plays drawn in the dirt. For the life of me I cannot figure out what their game plan ever is.

I believe it's running and throwing incomplete passes. They make a play or catch a ball just enough to make me wonder though.

Ryfo18
11-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I believe it's running and throwing incomplete passes. They make a play or catch a ball just enough to make me wonder though.

Yes that was bad...but if the offense puts even 3 points on the board in the first half, we're not down by two scores with 3 minutes to play.

OPLookn
11-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Yes that was bad...but if the offense puts even 3 points on the board in the first half, we're not down by two scores with 3 minutes to play.

Trust me, having been there at the 6 minute mark people knew it was over. Even if it had been a one score game people could just feel it. Sounds weird to say but some days you just know what's going to happen. I called almost every 3rd down play and what the outcome would be, there were a few times I got suprized but not many and not having played football in years that's suprizing and sad all at the same time.

AkChief49
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
It's not all on the offensive offense. This offensive defense KNEW what was coming and could not stop the run! 245 rushing yards. 3rd and 11 and let Tebow throw over your head? for 6? we were in the game until that happened.
At crunch time, did anyone say to themselves "all right, here we go"? or "okay,we got a shot at this"? I want to give Cassel the benefit of the doubt. But, at the end of the day, I doubt we ever go anywhere depending on him for a last minute drive. Unless we draft the most awesome offensive line in the near future. Looking at recent history, that will not happen.

nigeriannightmare
11-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Rewatch the game. He missed at least 5 throws. The one to Breaston was an embarrassment and if it was made, it's a TD.

Breaston also dropped one on 3rd and 4 too. It's more than a qb isssue.

okikcfan
11-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Well it's been said that Cassel left Arroehead with a cast on his hand....NEXT!

honda522
11-13-2011, 08:29 PM
People who actually blame Cassel for this loss are fools. You can't blame a single damn person, not even the coach. Cassel is least of the problems.

Where was Cassels blocking?
Why is the play calling so horrendous?
Why is it the only pass completion a 40 yard touchdown?
Why did so many receivers drop the ball?
How come the refs never call holding?
Why did the team over all, look like they didn't care about winning today?

Three7s
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
People who actually blame Cassel for this loss are fools. You can't blame a single damn person, not even the coach. Cassel is least of the problems.

I could answer all of those but you wouldn't care either way.

Hayvern
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
I could answer all of those but you wouldn't care either way.

THIS!

Hayvern
11-13-2011, 08:56 PM

Here is what I CAN tell you.

Indy is 0 - 9 or whatever they are because they are missing one man. One man, that man is Peyton Manning. In this league right now Quarterback IS the most important position. Yes, we need all those other things to, you can complain about the refs all you want, but that is an old argument, frankly, if our defense cannot get pressure on the QB, blaming the refs is not going to fix it.

This team is back in the losing mindset. But when you get right down to it, the offense is just not producing. The Chiefs are producing 15.7 points per game, while that is not the worse, it is pathetic, at the same time, they are allowing 24 points per game. We just cannot allow that.

Blame it on the coach, the offense, the defense, the special teams, the owner, the fans, injuries, there are always excuses, but I am tired of it. This crap has been going on for 8 years now, it is time that we change the attitude with this team.

This is the same team we have seen for the last 8 years, they say losing in contagious, the team this year proves that saying is true.

kcnation
11-13-2011, 09:14 PM
ive had it with this whole team,the defense is horrible,the offense is horrible and the coaching is horrible.its going to be a long time before we contend again with players like this.ty jackson=bum,dorsey=fat lazy,defensive backfield=horrible,linebackers=confused and slow,cassel=below average qb,not good at all,offensive line=weak,slow,terrible,running backs=useless,worse in the league,...so the bottom line is this whole team is garbage and they have to clean house.they also have no offensive corr.at all,its crazy...im done,im so pissed off i can't go on it only gets worse

#58ChiefsFan
11-13-2011, 09:15 PM

Think the problem is KC Wolf. He has to be the weakest mascot in the NFL and that's not helping the lopsided results we keep seeing.

70 chiefsfan70
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Here is what I CAN tell you.

Indy is 0 - 9 or whatever they are because they are missing one man. One man, that man is Peyton Manning. In this league right now Quarterback IS the most important position. Yes, we need all those other things to, you can complain about the refs all you want, but that is an old argument, frankly, if our defense cannot get pressure on the QB, blaming the refs is not going to fix it.

This team is back in the losing mindset. But when you get right down to it, the offense is just not producing. The Chiefs are producing 15.7 points per game, while that is not the worse, it is pathetic, at the same time, they are allowing 24 points per game. We just cannot allow that.

Blame it on the coach, the offense, the defense, the special teams, the owner, the fans, injuries, there are always excuses, but I am tired of it. This crap has been going on for 8 years now, it is time that we change the attitude with this team.

This is the same team we have seen for the last 8 years, they say losing in contagious, the team this year proves that saying is true.

THIS!!!!!!

Bike
11-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Whats Haley gonna say at this news conference - that its his fault - again???
This regime decided to draft playmakers and speed. But what they failed to realize is that without NFL caliber offensive and defensive lines - these playmakers can't do squat.
OOPS.
AGAIN.
These blunderous mistakes start at the top.

Eydugstr
11-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Haley should take the blame for this one. We had momentum going in our favor early in the fourth quarter, got into a 4th & 4 yards situation, ten minutes to go on the clock...and the dinkle-dufus HC makes them kick it.

Cassel might not be the next Joe Montana, but he's good for four yards, even with this O-line.

I do not see Haley staying head coach for very long unless he starts taking some chances when there's nothing to lose. And accepting responsibility without making changes is not the path to job security...

Chiefster
11-14-2011, 01:38 AM
I can't lay this loss totally at the Cassel's feet.

azchiefsfan
11-14-2011, 08:30 AM
I will respectfully dissent. The team played poorly, including Cassel at times. Had he had any help, he would have looked and played better. Both O and D line have collapsed, again. No QB or receivers will be able to play with any consistency behind this O line. Haley needs to figure out a stop gap quickly, or the season will get really bad from here on. We still have the skill guys, including Cassel, to make something of this season. Without a decent line, it won't happen. BTW, the D line was actually pretty good most game. I really should make that distinction. If they had a few sustained drives from our offense, they would have been fine.

azchiefsfan
11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
THIS!!!!!!

WRONG!!!!! They were terrible last year, which is why Manning has a serious neck injury. Manning is the best QB of this generation and rare. No other QB could have got that pathetic team to the playoffs last year. If you want a Manning-caliber QB, we might as well disband the team now. He is a freak of nature and made a bad team win and is like catching lightening in a bottle. Now, good QB's, like Brees and Brady AND Cassel can take a good team and make them better. But Cassel and the others mentioned have to have a decent team around them. It doesn't make them bad, it makes them normal in the NFL world.

pojote
11-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Meeeh!!!
It's silly to say that this one is on Cassel. I don't think he can win games by himself, but he wasn't the main problem yesterday. O-line and ILB where major problems.
4 dropped passes, 4 sacks and a lot of hurries and knock downs may tell you that an average or an above average QB won't win a game like that.
I really would like to have an elite QB, but those are not likely to grow on trees or you can buy in a grocery store. We are pretty much stuck on him. Unless someone like Montana miraculously hit free agency or Stanzi becomes Brady.

chiefnut
11-14-2011, 09:09 AM
cassel is not a great QB but this loss is mainly on the O line, defense, coaching and recievers. you cannot leave a third string rb and a qb who went 2-6 beat you.

Canada
11-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Lineman. The offensive and defensive lines lost this game

azchiefsfan
11-14-2011, 10:16 AM
I will be honest, Matt Cassel is disappointing me this year. He has shown streaks of greatness and then looked like a bumbling GrbacII. I think it is his first season getting beat up every snap haunting him and the OL that this year has been there one game and non-existent the next. I still think he has the ability to be an elite QB, but he must mature beyond his nervous, deer-in-the-headlights performances that are getting too common. He needs help to get there. But I firmly believe he can be that good. What I think about is that this guy never was a starter in college or the NFL until he got here to KC. I think that is why he has some maturing to do.

OPLookn
11-14-2011, 10:28 AM
I will be honest, Matt Cassel is disappointing me this year. He has shown streaks of greatness and then looked like a bumbling GrbacII. I think it is his first season getting beat up every snap haunting him and the OL that this year has been there one game and non-existent the next. I still think he has the ability to be an elite QB, but he must mature beyond his nervous, deer-in-the-headlights performances that are getting too common. He needs help to get there. But I firmly believe he can be that good. What I think about is that this guy never was a starter in college or the NFL until he got here to KC. I think that is why he has some maturing to do.

I'll admit that some of my posts yesterday had a little extra ire for Cassel. After reading that he left the stadium with his right hand wrapped, another place said it could be his shoulder, etc I'm willing to give his inaccurate passes a wee bit of a pass. Not much but more so saying I get it, you're injured and not throwing your best passes.

However, throwing bullets at receivers that should be lofts and the reverse is inexcusable. Not only that but say the line is horrible. The guy is 31, he's regressed from last year (even putting the line aside). As much as we want him to be the savior, QB of the future or whatever we want to call him he's going to have to be a stop gap. My thought is that he'll be kept til his contract is up and then let go. At that point we'll have got another QB to step in that we think will be the guy moving forward.

Makes me wonder if Pioli brought Cassel in and said look. You're not going to have a good career here. You're going to get beat down, forced to throw bad passes, hurried and more. But we have a ton of cap room so I'll throw you a monster contract knowing that after this contract your career will be over but you'll have a ton of money. I know it's not because of that or that it went that way but ya gotta wonder! lol

Chiefster
11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but there's just something about Cassel that I like; maybe I'm just a Cassel homer but I think if we could put him behind an o-line that's worth anything at all then he would be more successful. The play calling could help the situation as well. Obviously we can't call plays that require Cassel hanging onto the ball long enough for WR to get down field for long throws.

marloweopatchiefs
11-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Stanzi.mov - YouTube

Stanzi the manzi

Ryfo18
11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Chiefster;242441]Maybe I'm just stupid

Sheesh, don't beat yourself up!

matthewschiefs
11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Stanzi.mov - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2UUWgv1NQ)

Stanzi the manzi

Would not mind seeing him myself. I think he's the one we should turn to instead of Palko lets see what we got with him should we move from Cassel

azchiefsfan
11-14-2011, 04:36 PM
It's all moot now. Cassel haters rejoice. ESPN just confirmed he has broken bones in his throwing hand and will be out the rest of the season, most likely.

Chiefster
11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
It's all moot now. Cassel haters rejoice. ESPN just confirmed he has broken bones in his throwing hand and will be out the rest of the season, most likely.

Well, the rest of the season will be interesting.

OPLookn
11-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Look we get it, you're a Cassel lover and would have his babies if you could. Get over it. I'm not happy that a guy goes down to injury. I'd never wish an injury on any football player, I'd rather have them replaced by a better player.

Just make sure to rub it in when the backups aren't the saviors and tell us how you told us that Cassel is the best thing since sliced bread. Because that totally won't make you like the same people that hate on Cassel.

OPLookn
11-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, the rest of the season will be interesting.

Indeed, don't like that Cassel is hurt but at least he won't be able to try and limp through the rest of the season. Players doing that usually end up a complete mess later in life because they played through the pain.

Palko may have got better since the preseason but he didn't show me anything then and I doubt it'll be any better. Stanzi will make things interesting if he gets in to see if he's acclimated to the speed of the game and how the offense responds to him.

jap1
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
If I had to choose between Stanzi and Palko (because Cassel was injured), I would rather go with Stanzi. I think they each give us an equal chance to win. But I think Stanzi has the upside that he has the potential of a better future.

I watched that video, and what I saw was a QB who had plenty of time in a huge pocket (most of the time). I hope he can be consistent when throwing quick passes and accurate when he is throwing on the run.

The good thing is that New England has one of the worst secondaries in the league. The bad thing is that their front seven are pretty good.

2010chiefs
11-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Stanzi.mov - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x2UUWgv1NQ)

Stanzi the manzi

AWESOME. Nice video. Big fan of Stanzi and like how he can throw on the run! GO STANZI. HOPE WE SEE WHAT HE CAN DO!

tornadospotter
11-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Well who ever the nod goes to, the play calling needs to change to a moving roll out type of offense.

chief31
11-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes.

I'm sick and tired of seeing this every week. I thought he was average, but now, I'm not so sure. We're not winning a game the rest of the year unless we luck into an upset.

Oh well.

That's because, even though you see it as clearly as everybody else, you just choose to disregard that the WRs drop passes, the O-line refused to protect, the play-calling looks like it was designed for losing, and the O-line can't stop getting penalized to save their lives.

It's exactly as it has been since before Cassel even got here.

A terrible offense, and all blame goes on the victim of the terrible, the QB.

Lineman. The offensive and defensive lines lost this game

Plain and simple.

Our coaching staff has made some chicken salad, but there is just a whole lot of chicken s**t leftover.

chief31
11-15-2011, 06:40 PM
By the way, The Colts are sand-bagging. They will win a game soon, because The Dolphins won a second one, so they can afford to lose, and not lose draft standing.

azchiefsfan
11-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Look we get it, you're a Cassel lover and would have his babies if you could. Get over it. I'm not happy that a guy goes down to injury. I'd never wish an injury on any football player, I'd rather have them replaced by a better player.

Just make sure to rub it in when the backups aren't the saviors and tell us how you told us that Cassel is the best thing since sliced bread. Because that totally won't make you like the same people that hate on Cassel.

You are great at projecting your ********* on others who disagree with you. I am tempted, at times, to get in the sewer with you, but I'll resist. You, "Sir", will be the one trashing the next QB because you have so little knowledge of football that it will always be the QB's fault.

#58ChiefsFan
11-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Im not convinced that the colts arent just that inept. Everyone knows Manning runs that offense every step of the way. I think Caldwell stands with that look on his face like he has no clue because he doesnt.

azchiefsfan
11-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Really? Someone blocked "stupidity"? OK point taken.

chief31
11-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Im not convinced that the colts arent just that inept. Everyone knows Manning runs that offense every step of the way. I think Caldwell stands with that look on his face like he has no clue because he doesnt.

I don't think that that team is so bad, without Manning, as what they have shown.

I think Manning is, absolutely, detrimental to the success of that team. But This is a team that was built, not building. ALl of the other pieces were "in place". Win, or not, they are just playing like they want to lose.

I expect better in the coming weeks, since The Dolphins won, though. Now they have some breathing room for Luck.

I admit to guessing here. But that team should not be losing games in the manner that they have been.

OPLookn
11-15-2011, 10:39 PM
You are great at projecting your ********* on others who disagree with you. I am tempted, at times, to get in the sewer with you, but I'll resist. You, "Sir", will be the one trashing the next QB because you have so little knowledge of football that it will always be the QB's fault.

If disagreeing and pointing out what you're doing is projecting and being in the sewer then I'm not quite sure what to tell you. I call a spade a spade and don't put up with passive aggressive. Not to mention that when I did the first thing you've done is ruffle your feathers and put up this post.

In some...not all but some of our back and forths you try to make it seem like I have no clue what I'm talking about and if me calling you out on that is getting in the sewer then so be it. If you don't like reading my opinion then simply block me and be done with it. I've never insulted you, never been an internet bully I've simply said my peace and been done as I am now. And no, if a QB is doing his job and everyone else isn't I'll be calling them out. So good day to you "Sir".