PDA

View Full Version : The Jamaal Charles Factor !

alexim58
11-14-2011, 11:29 PM
After see how much cASSel struggles, Our OL breaks down, Our WRs can be open or are over thrown.

And our "D" tears apart.

I found some bases to do this ..

I know that saying JC is our Main Weapon is NO brainer

But How much JC makes our team better is were i want to address.

We had been complaining about our OL all year long .. well this is almost the same OL from last year. So did they turn that bad from one day to another ?

I don't think so ... there're playing at same level, but less JC Factor, JC turns this OL into a much more solid one. JC isn't blocking on runs or pass protection. But JC turns broken plays into positive yards. JC by himself carries the lack of good OL and use his Skills to make huge gains or makes things happen around him.

Then makes Opposite "D"'s gets worry about where JC is line up. And takes some heat off from OL, make their job easy and giving time to our Average QB to connect with our WR's and TE.

Our WR's and TE's gets one on one covers or the DB's simply gets more worry on stopping the run.

How much JC becomes a factor on "D" ... well extending the offensive plays, let the "D" rest enough to play as a Unit. Yes I know how poorly our Pass Rushing is. Besides Tamba .. well there's no one else.

But they are rest enough to play tuff .. and be competitive.

Even on Special Teams when he was needed he made things happen.

With out a doubt Jamaal Charles Loss hurt this team much more than many people thinks.

Hayvern
11-15-2011, 02:26 AM
After see how much cASSel struggles, Our OL breaks down, Our WRs can be open or are over thrown.

And our "D" tears apart.

We had been complaining about our OL all year long .. well this is almost the same OL from last year. So did they turn that bad from one day to another ?

I don't think so ... there're playing at same level, but less JC Factor, JC turns this OL into a much more solid one. JC isn't blocking on runs or pass protection. But JC turns broken plays into positive yards. JC by himself carries the lack of good OL and use his Skills to make huge gains or makes things happen around him.

Then makes Opposite "D"'s gets worry about where JC is line up. And takes some heat off from OL, make their job easy and giving time to our Average QB to connect with our WR's and TE.

Our WR's and TE's gets one on one covers or the DB's simply gets more worry on stopping the run.

How much JC becomes a factor on "D" ... well extending the offensive plays, let the "D" rest enough to play as a Unit. Yes I know how poorly our Pass Rushing is. Besides Tamba .. well there's no one else.

With out a doubt Jamaal Charles Loss hurt this team much more than many people thinks.

This is the same offensive line we had last year, over all this is the same team as it was last year. We were not that good last year either, especially the line.

lovenflrefs1
11-15-2011, 03:05 AM
The offensive line is lacking right now, no doubt. Losing Brian Waters was a huge blow, but nothing could have been done; he's getting there in age and he wants what he deserves: a Super Bowl ring. I also agree that with Jamaal, he relieves some strain on the O-line with his speed and ability to break tackles, along with his great vision.

To be honest though, the season was over after losing him, Berry, and Tony Moeaki. Those are hard injuries to get over, just because of the talent of those players and what they bring to the field. I don't think Battle is a bad back, but he just doesn't bring what Charles could and he would probably be very good on a team with a better line. Our secondary seems to be lacking now and are getting burned on a lot of big plays; I see no leadership there, only an overpaid corner that has 4 picks and can only be a shut down corner 50% of the time.

Defensively? The only upside there is Hali and Derrick Johnson. They need to get someone that can rush the QB up the middle and make him scramble to the outside, which allows DJ or Hali to get in his face more often. I'd also like to see those guys be more consistent; just because you're losing, it doesn't mean you should give up and quit making plays.

All we can hope for is either a miracle at QB or a good draft to replace some bad/lacking players. We have quite a few talented players (unlike what ESPN/NFL Network think.. idiots), but no leadership. Get a talented QB, hone Stanzi into what he could be, get a good defensive line, replace some O-line, get some new corners, and we're looking good. You could also go as far as to say replace the head coach or offensive coordinator, because the play calls are BAD.

AussieChiefsFan
11-15-2011, 04:29 AM
I agree.

I can't wait till we have JC, Berry and moeaki back

texaschief
11-15-2011, 04:59 AM
If your thesis is correct, then it just reaffirms that the leadership of the team is absolutely horrible. No individual player should have THAT much of an impact on a team outside of Peyton Manning. Hell, even when Tom Brady went down for the Pats a few years ago, the team was good enough in most other areas that it could withstand the loss and still go on to win 11 games.

There is still no excuse for the amount of preparation this team lacks week in and week out.

chief31
11-15-2011, 07:21 PM

And our "D" tears apart.

I think the o-line was bad last year.

I think Charles hits holes so much quicker than other RBs that the front seven of opposing defenses would basically get a "shock" from his breaking through. With that shock, comes a tendency to over-pursue, and a hesitance in the pass-rush. And a slight hesitancy in pass-rush gives a huge advantage to the blockers.

But their performance against The Raiders and Chargers was genuinely pretty good.

I think some of them are still learning to play together, so I still have hope for some of them.

I think we should call in Will Shields, or Willie Roaf to come and coach the o-line. :D

But I really think that we should move Albert inside, and get ourselves a real LOT, unless Gaither is capable.

jap1
11-15-2011, 10:46 PM
I think the o-line was bad last year.

I think Charles hits holes so much quicker than other RBs that the front seven of opposing defenses would basically get a "shock" from his breaking through. With that shock, comes a tendency to over-pursue, and a hesitance in the pass-rush. And a slight hesitancy in pass-rush gives a huge advantage to the blockers.

But their performance against The Raiders and Chargers was genuinely pretty good.

I think some of them are still learning to play together, so I still have hope for some of them.

I think we should call in Will Shields, or Willie Roaf to come and coach the o-line. :D

But I really think that we should move Albert inside, and get ourselves a real LOT, unless Gaither is capable.

I think if Gaither was capable, they would have moved him to RT LT and moved Albert by now.

I think what we need to do is draft a LOT, move Albert inside and put Gaither at RT after a year of rehab and relearning football. I think a broken Gaither would be better than B. Richardson.

In the past I have been on Albert's side to some degree, but I cant support him anymore. The whole line needs to be rehauled, and I think moving Albert inside would give us the edge we need.

Upgrade at LOT upgrades 2 positions (LT and LG). And then allows us to either use Gaither at RT or get one in FA.

I also agree that the difference is how fast JC hit the holes. When a RB gets to the hole extremely quickly, you dont need a good block on OL, you just need to physically get in the way of the defender. That extra 1/2 second every other back takes is enough time for "getting in the way" to become getting beat/pushed into the backfield.

chief31
11-16-2011, 06:32 PM
I think if Gaither was capable, they would have moved him to RT LT and moved Albert by now.

I think what we need to do is draft a LOT, move Albert inside and put Gaither at RT after a year of rehab and relearning football. I think a broken Gaither would be better than B. Richardson.

In the past I have been on Albert's side to some degree, but I cant support him anymore. The whole line needs to be rehauled, and I think moving Albert inside would give us the edge we need.

Upgrade at LOT upgrades 2 positions (LT and LG). And then allows us to either use Gaither at RT or get one in FA.

I also agree that the difference is how fast JC hit the holes. When a RB gets to the hole extremely quickly, you dont need a good block on OL, you just need to physically get in the way of the defender. That extra 1/2 second every other back takes is enough time for "getting in the way" to become getting beat/pushed into the backfield.

I have desperately wanted to be on Albert's side. But he just won't let me.

He was the number one rated OG in the nation when we drafted him. We have wasted him, by trying to get something else out of him, and especially by sticking to that decision for so long.