PDA

View Full Version : Gaither??

Jrudi
11-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard much on him (Gaither) throughout the season??

Is he fully healthy? has he shown potential? are coaches happy/unhappy with what he has shown? What are our plans for him??

Just wondering if it looks like he will ever get on the Field for us? We signed him to a 1 year deal, and I saw an article that displayed the proposed top FA target for each team next year, and I think they had the Falcons going after Gaither....

If he is worth a hoot, I would like to see us play him and re-sign him. Just didn't know if there was any word of him getting back to what he once was...

Ryfo18
11-16-2011, 06:01 PM
I hope he gets some time...I'd hate to see Barry Richardson protecting Palko's blindside.

chief31
11-16-2011, 06:28 PM
I hope he gets some time...I'd hate to see Barry Richardson protecting Palko's blindside.

He gets on the field for goalline situations, and he is on some of our ST formations, including the FG unit.

But I don't remember seeing him more than once or twice in the regular offense.

Seek
11-17-2011, 04:29 PM
He gets on the field for goalline situations, and he is on some of our ST formations, including the FG unit.

But I don't remember seeing him more than once or twice in the regular offense.

Came in on Monday night for Albert a couple series? Did okay, but I am dissapointed that he can't take snaps from Richardson.

AussieChiefsFan
11-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Quick fact (not that relevent) for anyone that doesn't know: Gaither is the tallest player in the NFL

KCraised
11-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah, im starting to wonder about this guy. He is HUGE. He must be still not 100% or they are worried about his ability to stay healthy. Starting to look like a bad pickup to me. The guy is just a wall. I'm not getting it.

Codac
11-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Gaither is inconsistent. Yes I think he is better than Richardson, but I think they like Richardson because he is more athletic and is more dependable on the pass block. I think he will get his shot next season.

jap1
11-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, im starting to wonder about this guy. He is HUGE. He must be still not 100% or they are worried about his ability to stay healthy. Starting to look like a bad pickup to me. The guy is just a wall. I'm not getting it.

Not really a bad pickup when we got him for relatively dirt cheap. We picked him up for backup OL salary. So worst case scenario, we have a backup OT and are paying him accordingly.