PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs move Matt Cassel to Injured Reserve

Ryfo18
11-21-2011, 05:23 PM
NFL Network Reporter, Albert Breer, is reporting that the Chiefs have in fact moved Matt Cassel to injured reserve, ending his season.

Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/AlbertBreer/status/138743657200234496)

Jrudi
11-21-2011, 05:56 PM
here we go Palko and Stanzi....

let's start the evaluations!

Codac
11-21-2011, 06:00 PM
here we go Palko and Stanzi....

let's start the evaluations!

Yup. Kansas City has become a proving grounds for QBs now.

SIC J
11-21-2011, 06:03 PM
This is no surprise to me. I would like to see Stanzi in there rather than Palko.

Three7s
11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Stanzi is the only reason worth watching the rest of the season, but for some reason, Haley seems dead set in not playing him. It's almost as if he thinks this team will "rally behind Tyler Palko and play good football." What a joke.

Codac
11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
This is no surprise to me. I would like to see Stanzi in there rather than Palko.

Agreed.

2010chiefs
11-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Typical Todd Haley doing opposite of what's best for the team and we all know it! We need to see what Stanzi can do this season so we can prepare for next season!

kcvet
11-21-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't have tweetie

CHIEFS PLACE QB MATT CASSEL ON IR, PROMOTE WR JEREMY HORNE TO 53-MAN ROSTER

anyone know anything about Horne???

AussieChiefsFan
11-21-2011, 08:22 PM
I see potential in Palko, If he is a diamond in the rough like Brady, this could be a blessing in disguise. Sorry Cassel.

Coach
11-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Palio is retread. Give stanzi the ball.

OPLookn
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Typical Todd Haley doing opposite of what's best for the team and we all know it! We need to see what Stanzi can do this season so we can prepare for next season!

Actually I think Haley is doing what's best for the team and NOT starting Stanzi, at least right now. If you really want to throw a developing QB to the wolves and have him get killed that's your call. I'd rather wait to get through this gauntlet of games and maybe give Stanzi the start against the Broncos. I'd say the Raiders but their front line is pretty good and would get to Stanzi.

I know he's going to have to learn at some point but drafting the guy and then throwing him out there instead of developing him is just absurd.

kcvet
11-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Actually I think Haley is doing what's best for the team and NOT starting Stanzi, at least right now. If you really want to throw a developing QB to the wolves and have him get killed that's your call. I'd rather wait to get through this gauntlet of games and maybe give Stanzi the start against the Broncos. I'd say the Raiders but their front line is pretty good and would get to Stanzi.

I know he's going to have to learn at some point but drafting the guy and then throwing him out there instead of developing him is just absurd.

I agree. Stanzi is just fresh meat. Palko was not all that bad considering it was his first start ever. look at Tebow. he was all left feet when he started out.

azchiefsfan
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I think it shows what those of us defending Cassel tried to get through from the beginning. If our passer is hurried, knocked down and constantly hit he(whoever the current he is) is, he is going to look bad. I really thought Palko started out looking really good, but after a while got that "run for your life" look that Cassel gets sometimes.