PDA

View Full Version : Denver Releases Kyle Orton

Ryfo18
11-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Adam Schefter reported on Twitter that the Broncos waived Kyle Orton: Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/139084992297967616)

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs picking him up and seeing if he can save the season. Doubt that would be the case, but Kyle Orton is capable of being a mediocre NFL QB.

Chiefster
11-22-2011, 04:01 PM
He couldn't be worse then Palko was last night, but having said thus I think it highly unlikely that we would go after him.

SIC J
11-22-2011, 04:03 PM
I just saw that as well.

azchiefsfan
11-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I just saw this. For $2.5 million it's worth a gamble. Regardless of the potential in Palko or Stanzi, he is a veteran and has looked solid in spurts.

azchiefsfan
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Also, would it hurt to have a cheap competitor to spur Cassel to play good more often. There are times, and everyone knows I like Cassel, he seems to get in a rut and needs a fire under his butt.

#58ChiefsFan
11-22-2011, 04:07 PM
After the last three losses is there really much to salvage? We are not one Kyle Orton away from making a playoff run. Evaluation of Palko/Stanzi will be better for this team moving forward.

Chiefster
11-22-2011, 04:08 PM
On the other hand; if we could get him in before the Denver game he'd play his butt off. :lol:

SIC J
11-22-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't believe Orton is a very good QB but I think he is much better than Palko at this point. It would be awesome to see the Chiefs pick up Orton and then Orton torch the Broncos in the last game of the season though!

SIC J
11-22-2011, 04:10 PM
After the last three losses is there really much to salvage? We are not one Kyle Orton away from making a playoff run. Evaluation of Palko/Stanzi will be better for this team moving forward.

Says who? The AFC West is simply NOT very good. I said the division winner would be 8-8 or 9-7. Chiefs can compete with that with the remaining schedule everyone has.

matthewschiefs
11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I would love to see them grab him. I don't think that he can be an ok qb I think that he can be a good to very good qb under the right conditions. I would not mind seeing him in a Chiefs jersey at all.

Ryfo18
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM
Also, would it hurt to have a cheap competitor to spur Cassel to play good more often. There are times, and everyone knows I like Cassel, he seems to get in a rut and needs a fire under his butt.

Matt Cassel stats over the last 3 seasons:

39 games
693/1212 (57.2% completions)
53 TDs / 32 INTs
6.40 yds/attempt
198.8 yards/game

Kyle Orton stats over the last 3 seasons:
34 games
720/1194 (60.3% completions)
49 TDs / 28 INTs
7.07 yds/attempt
248.0 yards/game

If anything, it's an upgrade.

azchiefsfan
11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
That is GREAT analysis! I am being sincere. That makes sense.

wolfpack
11-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I would like to see what stanzi has. But unless stanzi is the next manning,orton id bettet and has more games under his belt than our two.
The bigger problem wouldbe dusting off nad prying open clarkies wallet.

#58ChiefsFan
11-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Says who? The AFC West is simply NOT very good. I said the division winner would be 8-8 or 9-7. Chiefs can compete with that with the remaining schedule everyone has.

What is there to win? A first round exit. Any wild card team will be more solid than whoever ends up being the AFC West chump this year. We are a bad team in a bad division.

SIC J
11-22-2011, 04:34 PM
What is there to win? A first round exit. Any wild card team will be more solid than whoever ends up being the AFC West chump this year. We are a bad team in a bad division.

Bragging rights to talk sh*t to all the Raider, Charger, and Bronco fans. Lets be real, winning the AFC West title is like winning the Super Bowl for this division. LOL

Ryfo18
11-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Bragging rights to talk sh*t to all the Raider, Charger, and Bronco fans. Lets be real, winning the AFC West title is like winning the Super Bowl for this division. LOL

If there is the potential to play in the postseason, I will gladly take that over not. Look at what Seattle did last year to New Orleans after all...

OPLookn
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Spending 2.5 million for a chance at the post season... If you add up all the other injuries, inconsistencies and either lack of defense or the defense getting tired I'd say no. Just don't think with all those added up we'll make the post season with Orton. Plus then we don't get to evaluate the other players we have and possibly see what Stanzi has the last few games.

I guess it's only money being asked because the Raiders are just about officially out of draft picks for the next two years... Ha!

Seek
11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
I will tell you this. I am still owed 600 dollars worth of enterntainment at Arrowhead this year, and while Palko could suddenly become a Damon Huard after one game, I highly doubt it and would at least prefer watching my last three home games to be a little more competitive.

Unless the Chiefs would like to refund me for my remaining season tickets. I would prefer not freezing my butt of watching crap like the second half of last night. I already got to see three games like that this year.

marloweopatchiefs
11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Jay Glazer Hears The Chiefs Could Claim Kyle Orton - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/11/22/2581352/jay-glazer-kansas-city-chiefs-kyle-orton-denver-broncos)

Sorry meant to put could make claim.

Ryfo18
11-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Forum title is very misleading...All this says is "they could" make a play for him.

marloweopatchiefs
11-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Chicago Bears Message Boards - Bears and Chiefs to claim Orton per Glazer (http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/thread/2899914.aspx)

azchiefsfan
11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
I would not be upset or opposed to get Orton. He would not be the QBOTF, but he would be a viable fill in. We could still swing Palko and Stanzi in, but not put them in a position to NEED to win and be more likely to get hurt. For all his apparent failures, Orton is a tough guy.

marloweopatchiefs
11-22-2011, 05:55 PM
There is 2 threads i started. Go to the other one as well.

MissingTBone
11-22-2011, 07:10 PM
So we would get a qb who lost his starting job to a qb who can't even throw the ball?

marloweopatchiefs
11-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Will Kyle Orton become a Chief? - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/35937/will-kyle-orton-become-a-chief)

chief31
11-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Adam Schefter reported on Twitter that the Broncos waived Kyle Orton: Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/139084992297967616)

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs picking him up and seeing if he can save the season. Doubt that would be the case, but Kyle Orton is capable of being a mediocre NFL QB.

Through eleven games in 2010, Kyle Orton was in the top three of about every QB category recorded.

He has far more potential than what he generally gets credit for.

I think most of that was McDaniels' offense. But he did show that he can be far better than what seems to be the consensus on him.

I would be happy to see him come and get a shot.

I think The Broncos are foolish for not trying to get something for him. But then, maybe they already did that.

figcrostic
11-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I would pick up Orton in a heart beat for 2.5 million this guy is extremely underrated I think he is just as good if not slightly better then Matt Cassel and if was our back up he would by far be the best back up in the league.

Coach
11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm 100% in favor of getting Orton. Cut Palko to get him as far as I'm concerned.

kcvet
11-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Two intriguing possibilities are the Chicago Bears and Houston Texans. Both are in the thick of the playoff race at 7-3 but have problems under center, and another potential destination is AFC West rival Kansas City.

story (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/denver-broncos-cut-ties-with-benched-veteran-qb-kyle-orton/2011/11/22/gIQA5YaxlN_story.html)

chief31
11-22-2011, 08:35 PM
I would pick up Orton in a heart beat for 2.5 million this guy is extremely underrated I think he is just as good if not slightly better then Matt Cassel and if was our back up he would by far be the best back up in the league.

Through twelve games in 2010, (McDaniels' offense left after twelve) ...

276 completions
459 attempts
60.1%
3487 yards
20 TDs
6 INTs
And 8 of his twelve games he had a QB Rating over 89.

If he had been able to continue at that rate, he would have accumulated 4649 yards. That would have been more than Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers, behind only Peyton Manning, and Phillip Rivers.

Not that I think that is the kind of QB he is... But that is where you have to view his potential, because he is capable of doing that.

figcrostic
11-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Through twelve games in 2010, (McDaniels' offense left after twelve) ...

276 completions
459 attempts
60.1%
3487 yards
20 TDs
6 INTs
And 8 of his twelve games he had a QB Rating over 89.

If he had been able to continue at that rate, he would have accumulated 4649 yards. That would have been more than Tom Brady, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers, behind only Peyton Manning, and Phillip Rivers.

Not that I think that is the kind of QB he is... But that is where you have to view his potential, because he is capable of doing that.

Neither do I, but if we can get our O-line good like Denvers he could win us a lot of games.

2010chiefs
11-22-2011, 08:47 PM
I don't know. I really want to evaluate Stanzi before next season. I'm pretty much over this season. I also don't see Clark taking a gamble like that this late in the season. It's not like we're glowing with post season potential right now.

figcrostic
11-22-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't know. I really want to evaluate Stanzi before next season. I'm pretty much over this season. I also don't see Clark taking a gamble like that this late in the season. It's not like we're glowing with post season potential right now.

Imagine how stacked we would be at the QB position if we had Cassel, Orton, and Stanzi. Cassel would have real competition and we would have a real back up for 2.5 millino that's nothing to the Chiefs.

Codac
11-22-2011, 09:02 PM

I'm not convinced Stanzi really has anything to offer this team. But Orton on the other hand. He can give this team something. Shoot, if he plays well enough he could make this team his. First we have to get him though.

okikcfan
11-22-2011, 11:07 PM
So the question is how desperate is Clark and Pioli, how far are they willing to go to at least keep us from going first to worst? I say just do it!

tornadospotter
11-22-2011, 11:22 PM
So the question is how desperate is Clark and Pioli, how far are they willing to go to at least keep us from going first to worst? I say just do it!
I agree, get him.

2010chiefs
11-22-2011, 11:51 PM
Imagine how stacked we would be at the QB position if we had Cassel, Orton, and Stanzi. Cassel would have real competition and we would have a real back up for 2.5 millino that's nothing to the Chiefs.

CASSEL, ORTON AND STANZI! Can't argue with that. Then I say prove to us fans this team wants to win. Give this team a spark and GO GET Kyle Orton!

chiefnut
11-23-2011, 12:43 AM
we definitely could use him, however it may be just as well to let our qbs have their shot to see if palko or stanzi develop, if not then look to next year.

reded
11-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Any QB who has lost his job to Tebow does not need to come here and spread his mediocrity around. I'll pass on Orton and would find someone to challenge Cassel in the off season either via draft or free agency.

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm 100% in favor of getting Orton. Cut Palko to get him as far as I'm concerned.

Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers. This will not be pretty no matter who we have at QB.:whipping1:

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Orton will be a FA at the end of the season and we do have the cash to take over his contract, what if he sucks? Well we gave it a shot but, what if he does well under Haley? He has put up some impressive numbers in the past. He cant help us with the Steelers but he could be effective against the Bears, Jets, Denver and the Raiders. The Packers are a whole other story. Just sayin "What If?"

kcvet
11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Steelers, Bears, Jets and Packers. This will not be pretty no matter who we have at QB.:whipping1:

pray with me

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Also, according to Profootballtalk.com :

UPDATE 10:35 p.m. ET: As a reader pointed out on Twitter, claiming Orton has another benefit. When he leaves as a free agent in March 2012, the team that employs him for six weeks would be in line for a compensatory draft pick. So there’s one more good reason to consider doing it.

So even if Orton was claimed by the Chiefs for the remainder of this season but not necessarily in the long term plans, we could potentially get a decent compensation pick if he left via free agency and became a starter for another team. Next year figures to be pretty weak when it comes to the free agent quarterback class, so Orton could be in demand.

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Also, according to Profootballtalk.com :

So even if Orton was claimed by the Chiefs for the remainder of this season but not necessarily in the long term plans, we could potentially get a decent compensation pick if he left via free agency and became a starter for another team. Next year figures to be pretty weak when it comes to the free agent quarterback class, so Orton could be in demand.

Oh nice, Thanks for the intel on that one!

kcvet
11-23-2011, 09:37 AM
forget it. Haley's not interested

As for the Chiefs, coach Todd Haley said the team has discussed bringing in a veteran but remains committed to Tyler Palko as the starter and rookie Ricky Stanzi as the No. 2 now that Matt Cassel is out for the season with a hand injury. Kansas City (4-6) is ninth in the waiver order.

NFL (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82460c85/article/report-bears-will-put-in-waiver-claim-to-reacquire-qb-orton?module=HP11_headline_stack)

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm really startin not to like this guy.....

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm really startin not to like this guy.....

Who? Orton, Glazer, or me?! LOL

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh nice, Thanks for the intel on that one!

I sense some sarcasm...just thought I would share that comment I read in PFT...I fully admit it isn't earth-shattering or anything.

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Who? Orton, Glazer, or me?! LOL

Sorry, Haley!

kcvet
11-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I hope Haley's wife makes him eat outside with the dogs tomorrow

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Sorry, Haley!

LOL...ahh, ok! :smile
Unfortunately, I would be very shocked if the Chiefs claimed Orton. I imagine Haley really thinks that because Palko has been with the team longer, he has a much better grasp of the system and the plays than either Stanzi at this point, or a free agent pick-up like Orton. Definitely not saying I agree, because from a competitive standpoint, I think Orton has the experience and something to prove...and we could potentially catch lightning in a bottle with Orton. With the uncertainty of our division, we could catch fire with Orton and end up winning the division (ok, I am allowed to dream right?!)

It's wide open, but that window this year can close fast and we aren't out of it yet as bad as we have played.

And as for long term, I hate to say it, but since Pioli had no previous relationship with Orton in New England and considering I think Pioli does have alot of pride, I am not sure Pioli would go with Orton at the expense of Cassel. And I definitely don't think we could go into next year with both Cassel and Orton on the roster...that could mess up our lockerroom and end up dividing it.

Personally, I would consider claiming Orton, trying to get him ready as quickly as possible and see if he can give us a spark. If he does, then consider re-signing him as a stop-gap for a couple of years...that will buy us some time to see if Stanzi can be the answer...or if we need to look at acquiring one via the draft. This plan would include cutting Cassel, who I think lacks the ability to be a leader on the field....and doesn't have the confidence of his teammates if they were to be honest about him.

marloweopatchiefs
11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
forget it. Haley's not interested

NFL (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82460c85/article/report-bears-will-put-in-waiver-claim-to-reacquire-qb-orton?module=HP11_headline_stack)

If you are gonna quote post the whole quote not just part of it. The chiefs will put in a request for orton it looks like after al;. He's not saying no to orton it just said as of now that the team is committed to palko because he's the best they have on the team at the moment.

Meanwhile, NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports that, according to a league source, the Chiefs are considering putting in a claim for Orton. The Chiefs put starting quarterback Matt Cassel (http://www.nfl.com/players/mattcassel/profile?id=CAS541133) on injured reserve Monday and got blown out by New England shortly afterwards with backup Tyler Palko (http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerpalko/profile?id=PAL194666) under center. Kansas City coach Todd Haley said the team has discussed bringing in a veteran but remains committed to Palko as the starter and rookie Ricky Stanzi (http://www.nfl.com/players/rickystanzi/profile?id=STA495069) as the No. 2. Kansas City (4-6) is ninth in the waiver order.

azchiefsfan
11-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Sportscenter just reported that Miami, Chicago and KC put in claims for him and Houston sent an inquiry to the league. Miami has first dibs and then KC, but they said that just because a team puts in a claim doesn't mean they'll take him, just that they would like a consideration in their respective position. Matt Moore is playing very well for Miami right now and I think will pass, so I think Pioli might over-rule Haley on this one.

OPLookn
11-23-2011, 11:03 AM
If you are gonna quote post the whole quote not just part of it. The chiefs will put in a request for orton it looks like after al;. He's not saying no to orton it just said as of now that the team is committed to palko because he's the best they have on the team at the moment.

Meanwhile, NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports that, according to a league source, the Chiefs are considering putting in a claim for Orton. The Chiefs put starting quarterback Matt Cassel (http://www.nfl.com/players/mattcassel/profile?id=CAS541133) on injured reserve Monday and got blown out by New England shortly afterwards with backup Tyler Palko (http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerpalko/profile?id=PAL194666) under center. Kansas City coach Todd Haley said the team has discussed bringing in a veteran but remains committed to Palko as the starter and rookie Ricky Stanzi (http://www.nfl.com/players/rickystanzi/profile?id=STA495069) as the No. 2. Kansas City (4-6) is ninth in the waiver order.

The only thing that should be committed is Haley. If we can hold on to Orton it will provide some competition in the QB position. To be committed to Cassel regardless of what happens and now doing the same thing with Palko it has become apparent that Haley has hitched his wagon to his players and it will be how the players do that will dictate what happens to Haley.

I'll admit I wasn't high on getting Orton and posted that we shouldn't in another thread, but that was mainly because I figured we'd end up paying him $2.5 million to play for 6 games which to me isn't worth it. If we get a draft pick if he leaves or we sign him long term and he provides competition there are upsides to both which makes me start to lean towards signing him. But to just outright say meh, I'm committed to the QB that's starting right now regardless of what's out there is ridiculously narrow minded.

kcvet
11-23-2011, 11:22 AM

it saves time. that's the way I always post. the link tells the whole story

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
This is amazing that both of my favorite teams are interested in picking him up!

Orton is a decent solid game manger QB. He's a lot like Cassel with maybe a little more accuracy.

I'm not sure about him in Chicago, though. The Bears didn't get rid of him because they were unhappy with him. He did a good job, but they thought Cutler would be better. Very little is known about Caleb Hanie (Cutler's Back=up) at this point. He looked good in the 2nd half of the NFC Championship game but did throw 2 picks that weren't entirely his fault. If I remember right, Johnny Knox had a catch just ripped out of his hands. The problem with Orton is that he has never played in a "Mike Martz style" offense before. It would take a few weeks for him to learn the system, and with the Chiefs, Broncos and Seahawks coming up, Hanie may be good enough to carry the Bears through. It would be nice to have Kyle as insurance though, becuase third stringer Nathan Enderle is no where near ready to play.

I think he would have an easier time picking up the Chiefs offense because it is very similar to what he played with the Bears when Ron Turner was the OC. Would he be enough to change some of our upcoming losses into wins, though? I'm not so sure, but his presence would set back the development of Palko and (later this year) Stanzi. Is that in the best interest of the team?

Since facing the Chiefs the Raiders have done pretty well with Carson Palmer and I think Orton is about as good as he is, but Oakland has faced a much easier schedule than what is ahead for the Chiefs.

I wouldn't be opposed to him going to either team, but I don't think he would be much help in either case.. He's a starting caliber QB, not just a short term patch, but he needs to be on a team that's a good fit for his skills. Miami would be a good fit for him, but now that they have won 3 games in a row, they probably have little interest in him.

marloweopatchiefs
11-23-2011, 11:52 AM
it saves time. that's the way I always post. the link tells the whole story

Sorry i wasn't trying to sound like an a$$. But the way you worded it you were saying that haley is saying no to orton. That's not what the thread says at all. It says they have had discussions on bringing in a veteran but at the moment at committed to tyler palko because he is the best qb on the roster at the moment.

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
I think The Broncos are foolish for not trying to get something for him. But then, maybe they already did that.

The Trade deadline is long past and he would be a free agent at the end of this season, so I don't think there was any way they could bet anything for him.

I will say this, though. The Broncos are giving the Raiders and Redskins competition for being the dumbest team in the NFL. They tried to get Cassel and ended up giving up Cutler for Orton, then they lose Orton in favor of Tebow.:lol:

They let Brandon Marshal and Brandon Loyd go. I just don't understand their thinking.

I like Orton and think he is a pretty good QB. But I posted these thoughts in another thread:

I'm not sure about him in Chicago, though. The Bears didn't get rid of him because they were unhappy with him. He did a good job, but they thought Cutler would be better. Very little is known about Caleb Hanie (Cutler's Back=up) at this point. He looked good in the 2nd half of the NFC Championship game but did throw 2 picks that weren't entirely his fault. If I remember right, Johnny Knox had a catch just ripped out of his hands. The problem with Orton is that he has never played in a "Mike Martz style" offense before. It would take a few weeks for him to learn the system, and with the Chiefs, Broncos and Seahawks coming up, Hanie may be good enough to carry the Bears through. It would be nice to have Kyle as insurance though, becuase third stringer Nathan Enderle is no where near ready to play.

I think he would have an easier time picking up the Chiefs offense because it is very similar to what he played with the Bears when Ron Turner was the OC. Would he be enough to change some of our upcoming losses into wins, though? I'm not so sure, but his presence would set back the development of Palko and (later this year) Stanzi. Is that in the best interest of the team?

Since facing the Chiefs the Raiders have done pretty well with Carson Palmer and I think Orton is about as good as he is, but Oakland has faced a much easier schedule than what is ahead for the Chiefs.

I wouldn't be opposed to him going to either team, but I don't think he would be much help in either case.. He's a starting caliber QB, not just a short term patch, but he needs to be on a team that's a good fit for his skills. Miami would be a good fit for him, but now that they have won 3 games in a row, they probably have little interest in him.

kcvet
11-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry i wasn't trying to sound like an a$$. But the way you worded it you were saying that haley is saying no to orton. That's not what the thread says at all. It says they have had discussions on bringing in a veteran but at the moment at committed to tyler palko because he is the best qb on the roster at the moment.

no big deal. it says "at the moment committed to tyler palko". that's the way I saw it

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 01:01 PM
First, priority is determined based on record. Per a league source, here’s the current list: (1) Colts; (2) Panthers; (3) Rams; (4) Vikings; (5) Cardinals; (6) Redskins; (7) Jaguars; (8) Dolphins; (9) Chiefs; (10) Browns; (11) Eagles; (12) Chargers; (13) Seahawks; (14) Buccaneers; (15) Titans; (16) Bills; (17) Jets; (18) Broncos; (19) Giants; (20) Raider; (21) Bengals; (22) Cowboys; (23) Falcons; (24) Saints; (25) Texans; (26) Ravens; (27) Steelers; (28) Patriots; (29) Lions; (30) Bears; (31) 49ers; and (32) Packers

Orton will be awarded on waivers at 4:00 p.m. ET | ProFootballTalk (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/23/orton-will-be-awarded-on-waivers-at-400-p-m-et/)

The article also mentions that Orton will be awarded to the highest waiver claim at 4:00pm ET

When looking at the order, the only team that might be interested ahead of us is the Miami Dolphins...and largely due to Matt Moore's recent play, it might not be something they are interested in at this point anymore.

The rest I see either perfectly content to keep the status quo (Indianapolis) or have young quarterbacks they more than likely will continue to let develop as starters (Minnesota and Jacksonville). I don't see Arizona going after Orton with the committment they made contractually to Kolb.

spiman
11-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Butt who said I was right. On Orton-Do we want to go through what we saw with N.E.?:efpge:

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm listening to "Boers and Bernstein" on 670 The Score (http://player.radio.com/player/RadioPlayer.php?station=391), a Chicago Sports station. They just said "The action [to get Orton] is on the Chiefs because they need him and Todd Haley is a whack-a-doodle!"

These guys are hilarious!

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
According to a poster on ChiCitySports.com (http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/chicago-bears-forum/18294-broncos-release-kyle-orton-2.html):

dont know if true or not....

Quote:
Basically he is instructing ANY teams before the Bears to not waste their time putting in a claim.. Because "Kyle won't be showing up at your facility if you do"....espn 1000

__________________It looks like he wants to play for the Bears or he will sit out (and not get paid) until the end of the season when he becomes a free agent.

Interesting.

Seek
11-23-2011, 02:42 PM
They let Brandon Marshal and Brandon Loyd go. I just don't understand their thinking.

With Tebow, they don't need good receivers, they need tight ends to block. The value of Loyd was better served in draft picks becuase his talent was being wasted on the field.

Marshal forced his trade.

Jrudi
11-23-2011, 03:06 PM
I hope we don't claim him because he's a fugly mo fo, and I'm scared his neck beards will infect the locker room, and eat McCluster for a snack!

In all seriousness though, Our season is shot, lets give Palko and Stanzi a chance to see if we have anything. Time to evaluate our young players, and plan for moves in the off season. He won't be the answer as our Franchise QB so no need in signing him.

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Why do you guys keep starting new threads for existing topics?

That was pretty funny, though!

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Looks like Kyle doesn't want to wear an Indian head dress. He wants to be cloaked in Bearskin.

Source (http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/11/23/2583095/kyle-orton-rumors-waived-bears-chiefs):

According to NBC's Pro Football Talk, (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/23/orton-may-try-to-discourage-chiefs-from-claiming-him/) via ESPN's John Clayton, Orton is reportedly doing his best to make sure the Chiefs don't try to claim him before the NFL's 4 p.m. EST deadline. He has insinuated that he may not report to Kansas City if claimed, which is because he would much prefer to land with his former team, the Chicago Bears (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/chicago-bears). After Jay Cutler injured his in thumb in last week's game for the Bears, Orton's agent made the push for his client's release (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19391873). The Chiefs are likely desperate to get an accomplished QB to start ahead of backup Tyler Palko (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/19008/tyler-palko), but Orton has other plans, which is good for Broncos fans. With the waiver claim deadline looming later on Wednesday, there should be a resolution to this whole drama in the very near future.

I guess that's the end of this discussion ...

figcrostic
11-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I hope we don't claim him because he's a fugly mo fo, and I'm scared his neck beards will infect the locker room, and eat McCluster for a snack!

In all seriousness though, Our season is shot, lets give Palko and Stanzi a chance to see if we have anything. Time to evaluate our young players, and plan for moves in the off season. He won't be the answer as our Franchise QB so no need in signing him.

Not hot enough for you??

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/34.jpg (http://www.trackingvinceyoung.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Orton_Kyle.jpg)

Three7s
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Too late.

Jrudi
11-23-2011, 04:41 PM
HAHA Yeah I posted that at just the right time.

And actually that picture does him justice, not as googly looking as I remembered, although he is sporting that wicked neck beard...

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 05:38 PM
No Play, No Pay.....

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Looks like Kyle doesn't want to wear an Indian head dress. He wants to be cloaked in Bearskin.

Source (http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/11/23/2583095/kyle-orton-rumors-waived-bears-chiefs):
I guess that's the end of this discussion ...

No Play, No Pay.....

I guess I was wrong, LOL.

He said he would sit out if he couldn't play for the Bears, but was that just a ploy to try to get his first choice? We will find out soon enough (but I want to know, NOW!)

He has 2.6 million reasons not to sit out!

Ryfo18
11-23-2011, 07:00 PM
I like the acquisition, this team will at least be competitive with an outside chance at still winning the division. It's not likely, but better than throwing the season away.

josh1971
11-23-2011, 08:15 PM
I could understand him having a first choice to go somewhere, but he has to understand that the Bears are going to be giving Caleb Haney the shot. He has a real, actual chance at starting in KC, and (dare I say it) even starting ahead of Cassell next season.

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 09:38 PM
I could understand him having a first choice to go somewhere, but he has to understand that the Bears are going to be giving Caleb Haney the shot. He has a real, actual chance at starting in KC, and (dare I say it) even starting ahead of Cassell next season.

Oh, I think if the Bears would have been awarded Orton, he would have been starting over Hanie.

TopekaRoy
11-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Oh, I think if the Bears would have been awarded Orton, he would have been starting over Hanie.
He wouldn't have started over Hanie unless Caleb just flat out sucked. Hanie has been working under Martz for 3 years and Orton has never played in that system.

I think Hanie will be OK though because the changes the Bears have made over their 5 game win streak will help him avoid mistakes.

Kyle will be starting in KC, though if he doesn't sit out. That's for sure.

Seek
11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
He wouldn't have started over Hanie unless Caleb just flat out sucked. Hanie has been working under Martz for 3 years and Orton has never played in that system.

I think Hanie will be OK though because the changes the Bears have made over their 5 game win streak will help him avoid mistakes.

Kyle will be starting in KC, though if he doesn't sit out. That's for sure.

I don't see Orton Sitting out. This is basically his last chance to audition for a starters contract. He was basically demoted to play linebacker on the practice squad at Denver. Sitting out will only add to his decline showing he is not a team player.

Seek
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Signing Orton was well worth my entertainment today. Actually thought about renewing for a while today!

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM

In regard to the other thread, I posit this comment for evidence of my innate fairness and balanced commentary.

figcrostic
12-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks you Denver and Thank you Tebow!

kcvet
12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Raiders lost to. let's see what the bolts got left in the tank

OPLookn
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Unfortunately it looks like they've got a run going. We need them to lose one of these last 3 games!

Edit: Sorry, double post

OPLookn
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM

Unfortunately it looks like they've got a run going. We need them to lose one of these last 3 games!

Chiefster
12-19-2011, 01:05 AM
Thank you Denver.