PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe?

Connie Jo
11-22-2011, 10:35 PM
Dwayne Bowe's contract ends this season. As of yet there has been no news whatsoever that he and the Chiefs are negotiating a new contract. Do you think the Chiefs will do what they can to keep Bowe? :/

matthewschiefs
11-22-2011, 10:45 PM
I think and hope so. He's not one that I see us cutting even though he isn't having as big as a year that he had last year.

Ryfo18
11-22-2011, 10:58 PM
I hope so...Though it's very tough to say. Pioli doesn't seem like the type to give a lot of money to a wide receiver.

okikcfan
11-22-2011, 11:11 PM
I do not see them getting rid of Bowe.....

figcrostic
11-22-2011, 11:22 PM
I hope so...Though it's very tough to say. Pioli doesn't seem like the type to give a lot of money to a wide receiver.

Great idea lets also get rid of Jamaal Charles, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and all our other great players.

Ryfo18
11-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Great idea lets also get rid of Jamaal Charles, Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and all our other great players.

It's not that, it's just that I have a feeling Bowe will test the free agent market, and there's going to be a team out there that is willing to give him more than the Chiefs will. And I don't necessarily think it's the wrong choice...Big money free agents typically do no pan out. I realize that's a big generalization, but for the most part it's pretty true.

doobs_05
11-23-2011, 01:08 AM
I have a feeling bowe wants out......

AussieChiefsFan
11-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Last thing I heard from him was that he loves it in KC

#58ChiefsFan
11-23-2011, 07:07 AM
There is no reason why we shouldn't pay Bowe what the market says he is worth. I think it would be a big mistake not to resign him, he has been consistent when given the opportunity. The entire offense has been inept this year and that is not D-Bowes fault.

70 chiefsfan70
11-23-2011, 08:57 AM
With a new reliable QB Bowe would become the receiver he was expected to be. Bowe has no confident and Cassel and Bowe have very little connection. Bowe is much better then what he has played and deserves a team with an at least average QB. If he has to leave to have that than he should go. This team as we have it this year will ruin him. Just my opinion.

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I certainly hope so. I know Bowe has had maturity issues but I think he has matured during his time in Kansas City. The bottom line is, he is our #1 receiving threat in the passing game and has been pretty much since being drafted. I think Haley has helped him mature and right now he seems to be very workmanlike. Also, consider he has essentially been the only threat on a pretty lackluster passing attack and has still produced...and had to deal with the inconsistencies at quarterback.

I think it would be a big mistake if the Chiefs let Bowe hit the free agent market - especially considering the amount of money that they are currently under the cap (after Flowers I think it was close to $30 million). Now barring Bowe wanting an outrageous extension or simply not wanting to play for the Chiefs, I would think a deal can and should get done.

Personally, I would not look at Baldwin as Bowe's replacement, but as a compliment to take the attention off of Bowe.

And, keep in mind we can franchise him this offseason, which is exactly what the front office may do to continue the "wait-and-see" game with Bowe that they seem to be in right now.

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
And, keep in mind we can franchise him this offseason, which is exactly what the front office may do to continue the "wait-and-see" game with Bowe that they seem to be in right now.

I agree, we also need a good QB to put all that fire power we have to good use. Cassel is not the man in my book.:chiefs:

Connie Jo
11-23-2011, 09:46 AM
I have many thoughts related to each of your thoughts, but I need to get busy preparing to host Thanksgiving dinner, so will re-visit this subject later tonight.

I will say this much for now, Dwayne is my favorite Chief, and he has been a favorite since drafting him in 2007, evolved into my very favorite his worst year, 2009. I will be absolutely heartbroken if the Chiefs lose him, for whatever reason. It's times like these I wish for days gone by, before Free Agency, when a player spent most of his career with the same team.

azchiefsfan
11-23-2011, 11:07 AM
ESPN talked about this yesterday on NFL Live. They said Pioli always wraps up his key players early and they said there was a 75-80% chance he would be wearing a different uniform next year. I hope not, but it isn't looking good.

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 11:12 AM
ESPN talked about this yesterday on NFL Live. They said Pioli always wraps up his key players early and they said there was a 75-80% chance he would be wearing a different uniform next year. I hope not, but it isn't looking good.

That's my fear. We are sitting on around $30 million under the cap right now after signing Flowers and could get a deal done if we wanted to...again, unless Bowe is going to/has asked for the world...or simply is biding his time to leave. I worry that Pioli drafted Baldwin with the idea of replacing Bowe and not the idea of adding another weapon in the passing game to take the pressure off of Bowe.

Maybe Pioli feels Bowe is not one of the "right 53".

okikcfan
11-23-2011, 11:37 AM
He's looking at how many draft picks he can get...

OPLookn
11-23-2011, 11:45 AM
That's my fear. We are sitting on around $30 million under the cap right now after signing Flowers and could get a deal done if we wanted to...again, unless Bowe is going to/has asked for the world...or simply is biding his time to leave. I worry that Pioli drafted Baldwin with the idea of replacing Bowe and not the idea of adding another weapon in the passing game to take the pressure off of Bowe.

Also makes you wonder if all of this isn't manifesting into some drops. Bowe doesn't really have his head in the game and so he drops routine passes. But when a ball is thrown and he has to make a difficult catch his brain and his natural athleticism makes him work for the catch. Just a thought, not really saying that's the case.

If it is the problem though I'd be working my butt off to prove Pioli wrong and to give me a big contract. That is if I really wanted to stay in KC.

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Also makes you wonder if all of this isn't manifesting into some drops. Bowe doesn't really have his head in the game and so he drops routine passes. But when a ball is thrown and he has to make a difficult catch his brain and his natural athleticism makes him work for the catch. Just a thought, not really saying that's the case.

If it is the problem though I'd be working my butt off to prove Pioli wrong and to give me a big contract. That is if I really wanted to stay in KC.

It's a good thought, but I really don't think that is the real case. I think Bowe is who he is...the type of wide receiver that will at times lose concentration and drop what looks like an easy pass and on the very next pass make a catch that makes you go "wow!". I think for alot of players that is the nature of the position to an extent. That was his knock coming out of LSU and while I think he has improved alot and become alot more dependable, I still think he will drop the occassional "easy" catch.

I just don't think it is easy to get a read on what Bowe's true impact can be until we get consistent quarterback play. One of Bowe's strengths coming out of LSU (in addition to his downfield blocking) was his ability to make plays with the ball in his hands after the catch (due to his size, strength, and athleticism). One thing that helps a wide receiver make plays after the catch is when the ball is thrown to the receiver while they are in motion...to allow them to keep their momentum. It seems like alot of Cassel's throws while maybe being in the "vicinity" do require the wide receiver to reposition or adjust to a ball that just isn't that accurate.

I think Bowe would be alot more effective (and I think Baldwin could develop to make an impact the same way) if he had more passes hit him in stride on crossing routes, timing routes, etc.

OPLookn
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
It's a good thought, but I really don't think that is the real case. I think Bowe is who he is...the type of wide receiver that will at times lose concentration and drop what looks like an easy pass and on the very next pass make a catch that makes you go "wow!". I think for alot of players that is the nature of the position to an extent. That was his knock coming out of LSU and while I think he has improved alot and become alot more dependable, I still think he will drop the occassional "easy" catch.

I just don't think it is easy to get a read on what Bowe's true impact can be until we get consistent quarterback play. One of Bowe's strengths coming out of LSU (in addition to his downfield blocking) was his ability to make plays with the ball in his hands after the catch (due to his size, strength, and athleticism). One thing that helps a wide receiver make plays after the catch is when the ball is thrown to the receiver while they are in motion...to allow them to keep their momentum. It seems like alot of Cassel's throws while maybe being in the "vicinity" do require the wide receiver to reposition or adjust to a ball that just isn't that accurate.

I think Bowe would be alot more effective (and I think Baldwin could develop to make an impact the same way) if he had more passes hit him in stride on crossing routes, timing routes, etc.

This is what I've been trying to say from day one but haven't ever said it so succinctly. Rep!

Ryfo18
11-23-2011, 11:59 AM
One thing that helps a wide receiver make plays after the catch is when the ball is thrown to the receiver while they are in motion...to allow them to keep their momentum. It seems like alot of Cassel's throws while maybe being in the "vicinity" do require the wide receiver to reposition or adjust to a ball that just isn't that accurate.

This is what I've been trying to say from day one but haven't ever said it so succinctly. Rep!

Let's just say that if Bowe had Matt Stafford or Tom Brady throwing to him, he'd probably be putting up Calvin Johnson type numbers.

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Let's just say that if Bowe had Matt Stafford or Tom Brady throwing to him, he'd probably be putting up Calvin Johnson type numbers.

I definitely think he would be mentioned in the same sentence as Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson. As it stands, he is probably a notch below Marques Colston, but in reality, Bowe is tends to suffer fewer nagging injuries and also suffers from a very inconsistent offense. Colston is in a very dynamic, spread-the-ball offense...I think the Chiefs could have the pieces next year to emulate the New Orleans and Green Bay offensive systems. When Haley was in Arizona he had a somewhat similar offense, but was heavily tilted toward the wide receivers...both Green Bay and New Orleans have the wide receivers but have integrated the tight end position more this year. With Moeaki back, hopefully healthy, we could potentially have that type of diverse attack...provided we have a quarterback that can run that type of offense. IMO, Cassel is/will likely not ever be that quarterback.

marloweopatchiefs
11-23-2011, 12:29 PM
You people forget about the franchise tag. If they don't get him signed he will be franchised at the end of the season. Just like they did with hali last year.

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM
You people forget about the franchise tag.
Nicfre2011 mentioned the franchise tag several posts ago. I, too, think this is the route the Chiefs will take.

Pioli has a history of locking up players he wants to keep early in the last year of their contracts, like he did with Flowers. I would guess that Bowe's agent has told him to reject any offer the Chiefs make in hopes of getting more in the free agent market. Otherwise, a reasonable offer would have been made and accepted by now. Why wouldn't the Chiefs try to keep one of the best receivers in the NFL?

My guess is that he won't accept any offer from the Chiefs and they will be forced to use the franchise tag on him, so he'll make good money next year. Early next season, he will finally cave and accept an extension.

azchiefsfan
11-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Nicfre2011 mentioned the franchise tag several posts ago. I, too, think this is the route the Chiefs will take.

Pioli has a history of locking up players he wants to keep early in the last year of their contracts, like he did with Flowers. I would guess that Bowe's agent has told him to reject any offer the Chiefs make in hopes of getting more in the free agent market. Otherwise, a reasonable offer would have been made and accepted by now. Why wouldn't the Chiefs try to keep one of the best receivers in the NFL?

My guess is that he won't accept any offer from the Chiefs and they will be forced to use the franchise tag on him, so he'll make good money next year. Early next season, he will finally cave and accept an extension.

I don't think they'll franchise him. If they do, they have to pay the average of the 3 top position players. That means a HUGE salary and that has NEVER, EVER been Hunt or Pioli's way. It was worth it for a defensive player because the salary is relatively low. It would easily be $8-12 million a year for Bowe. That absolutely, positively will NEVER, EVER happen because they have NEVER, EVER done it before. But I can appreciate the dream like everyone else.

TopekaRoy
11-23-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't think they'll franchise him. If they do, they have to pay the average of the 3 top position players. That means a HUGE salary and that has NEVER, EVER been Hunt or Pioli's way. It was worth it for a defensive player because the salary is relatively low. It would easily be $8-12 million a year for Bowe. That absolutely, positively will NEVER, EVER happen because they have NEVER, EVER done it before. But I can appreciate the dream like everyone else.

You may be right but from their perspective, I think it makes more sense to pay him $10 million for one year than to pay him 50 million for a long term contract or lose him on the open market. That way they pay him what he will make anyway and they get to keep him for another year without a long term risk/investment. They have little chance of winning a bidding war for him.

I know they have never done it before but there is first time for everything and this time it might make the most sense.

They could hope to get another Baldwin in next years draft or take a chance on another cheaper free agent, but I have a hunch they will pull out all of the stops to try and field a Superbowl team next year. Remember too, that with the new CBA, next year is the only year that they can carry over this year's unused cap space and add it to next year's spending.

Chiefster
11-24-2011, 02:28 AM
I think it depends on how much Bowe wants.

Hayvern
11-24-2011, 03:31 AM
I think it depends on how much Bowe wants.

I believe this to be true. I think they will wait and see what he wants, if he wants to be the top paid wide recciever in the league, then they will franchise him. If they can work out a deal that is good for both teams, they will resign him.

Remember, Tamba and Johnson were resigned very late in the season, I think this is clearly a ploy to wait and see what kind of numbers Bowe puts up, knowing that he likely will not have league leading numbers and the cost goes down.

okikcfan
11-24-2011, 08:03 AM
The thing is we really dont know how things are in the locker room or between coach and players well, unless your T.O. Now we have Pioli. I mean I was shocked and pissed each time I turned on the tv and he had traded J.A. and Tony G, and the list goes on. So really who knows. I trust in Pioli but to be honest sometimes he scares the living s#@t outa me on what he's gonna do next. But I do like him and and I hope he keeps Bowe. But again, WR's like big numbers and I hope that Orton can change his mind in that department if he really wants to leave. Go Bowe and Go Chiefs!

DMN
11-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Letting go of Bowe is just a step backwards IMO. We are right back to where we were before taking Baldwin. And with this offenses total lack of effectiveness this season I can't imagine letting a Pro Bowl receiver go without an effort of keeping him.

hometeam
11-24-2011, 11:03 AM
chiefs will try, but pioli is known for not giving more thank market value on free agents. If Bowe wants to be here, he will, if not, he wont.

Chiefster
11-24-2011, 09:18 PM
I believe this to be true. I think they will wait and see what he wants, if he wants to be the top paid wide recciever in the league, then they will franchise him. If they can work out a deal that is good for both teams, they will resign him.

Remember, Tamba and Johnson were resigned very late in the season, I think this is clearly a ploy to wait and see what kind of numbers Bowe puts up, knowing that he likely will not have league leading numbers and the cost goes down.

Exactly, his performance or lack thereof will act as a bargaining chip for one side or the other.

honda522
11-25-2011, 04:56 AM
There is no way they will let him walk. Worst case, he is traded. I hope he stays..

OPLookn
11-25-2011, 11:34 AM

I honestly can only hope that you're kidding. Six years for 63 million isn't a HUGE salary? I'm sorry and I'm not trying to start anything but you've told me to deal with us paying Cassel eleven million a year and pointed out several times that we're thirty million under the cap space so paying Cassel that much is a whatever deal. But now paying a guy that's worth eight to twelve million a year isn't worth it?

Power Rankings: Top 10 NFL receivers - NFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33997/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-receivers)

It says that Bowe is seventh in this list and this is something I found in just thirty seconds of searching. Why in the world would you not pay someone that is close to being a top three receiver anyway? If we don't keep Bowe I'm going to be upset especially if it's because we don't want to pay him the money he should be getting. To top that all off especially when we're that far under the cap and over paying other people on the team too.

wolfpack
11-25-2011, 01:22 PM
If bowe wants top 3 money they wont pay him. And not if they think baldwin will pan out.
He wont get much more than breaston got paid.
Drops to many balls.

raiderhater79
11-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Dwayne Bowe's contract ends this season. As of yet there has been no news whatsoever that he and the Chiefs are negotiating a new contract. Do you think the Chiefs will do what they can to keep Bowe? :/

If they're smart, they'll keep him

OPLookn
11-25-2011, 05:18 PM
If bowe wants top 3 money they wont pay him. And not if they think baldwin will pan out.
He wont get much more than breaston got paid.
Drops to many balls.

Actually, Ryfo posted a comparison of dropped balls to a list of about 10 receivers that are "up there" in the best talent in the NFL. Bowe had just as many drops this year as Fitzgerald, Boldin and several others. If you seriously think he'll take Breaston money you're out of your gourd.

Ryfo18
11-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Actually, Ryfo posted a comparison of dropped balls to a list of about 10 receivers that are "up there" in the best talent in the NFL. Bowe had just as many drops this year as Fitzgerald, Boldin and several others. If you seriously think he'll take Breaston money you're out of your gourd.

It's a simple concept...receivers that get a lot of balls thrown their way always lead the league in drops. Everyone thinks Bowe has a drop "problem", probably because they just don't see or notice when other top receivers drop the same routine passes. It's part of the game unfortunately, but saying he has a problem with drops is inaccurate.

jb908
11-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Good Thread. One additional comment. Everyone notes a history of our GM not to over pay for a wide receiver. I just want to point out, Bowe is in a different situation that anything he ever saw in New England. He was always able to rely on Tom Brady to put the ball where it needed to be for any receiver. Here, we are relying on Bowe to find a way to catch passes, even when they aren't perfect. Bowe is more important here than any receiver was for Pioli in NE. They will do everything in their power to keep him.

azchiefsfan
11-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I honestly can only hope that you're kidding. Six years for 63 million isn't a HUGE salary? I'm sorry and I'm not trying to start anything but you've told me to deal with us paying Cassel eleven million a year and pointed out several times that we're thirty million under the cap space so paying Cassel that much is a whatever deal. But now paying a guy that's worth eight to twelve million a year isn't worth it?

Power Rankings: Top 10 NFL receivers - NFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33997/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-receivers)

It says that Bowe is seventh in this list and this is something I found in just thirty seconds of searching. Why in the world would you not pay someone that is close to being a top three receiver anyway? If we don't keep Bowe I'm going to be upset especially if it's because we don't want to pay him the money he should be getting. To top that all off especially when we're that far under the cap and over paying other people on the team too.

We are speaking of franchising for resigning and that has never, ever been done for high $. Jared Allen and Tony Gonzales come to mind. In Jared Allens case, while they did franchise him to a large salary, it was only to have the option to trade him and they did before 1¢ was paid on the $8.8 million. So no, they have never, ever resigned a free agent at a huge salary and kept them. If the franchise tag is used on Bowe, you can guarantee he will be traded and not around next year.

jb908
11-26-2011, 04:32 PM
We are speaking of franchising for resigning and that has never, ever been done for high $. Jared Allen and Tony Gonzales come to mind. In Jared Allens case, while they did franchise him to a large salary, it was only to have the option to trade him and they did before 1¢ was paid on the $8.8 million. So no, they have never, ever resigned a free agent at a huge salary and kept them. If the franchise tag is used on Bowe, you can guarantee he will be traded and not around next year.

That's just silly. Franchised players gets re signed all the time. Even with the Chiefs.

Ryfo18
11-26-2011, 04:32 PM
That's just silly. Franchised players gets re signed all the time. Even with the Chiefs.

Exhibit A: Tamba Hali

hardcorechiefsfan
11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
First off, I never liked Bowe, he has the worst butter fingers.

... I think it would be a big mistake not to resign him, he has been consistent when given the opportunity. The entire offense has been inept this year and that is not D-Bowes fault.
I agree that this season isn't his fault because they have been rush crazy which is kinda dumb because that makes the chiefs very predictable.

I agree, we also need a good QB to put all that fire power we have to good use. Cassel is not the man in my book.:chiefs:
Power? What power?

Brady is my pick for probowl quarterback, pretty much because he is my favorite. I could care less about the chiefs resigning Bowe. I just don't think he is all that special - so what if he caught a ball or 2? He is not "that" good.

You may be right but from their perspective, I think it makes more sense to pay him $10 million for one year than to pay him 50 million for a long term contract or lose him on the open market. That way they pay him what he will make anyway and they get to keep him for another year without a long term risk/investment. They have little chance of winning a bidding war for him.

I know they have never done it before but there is first time for everything and this time it might make the most sense.

They could hope to get another Baldwin in next years draft or take a chance on another cheaper free agent, but I have a hunch they will pull out all of the stops to try and field a Superbowl team next year. Remember too, that with the new CBA, next year is the only year that they can carry over this year's unused cap space and add it to next year's spending.
If they insist on resigning him - make it a short contract; I can see him getting hurt bad and then wanting out. Remember Priest Holmes? I thought he was fab but I didn't like how he decided to retire.

The thing is we really dont know how things are in the locker room or between coach and players well, unless your T.O. Now we have Pioli. I mean I was shocked and pissed each time I turned on the tv and he had traded J.A. and Tony G, and the list goes on. So really who knows. I trust in Pioli but to be honest sometimes he scares the living s#@t outa me on what he's gonna do next. But I do like him and and I hope he keeps Bowe. But again, WR's like big numbers and I hope that Orton can change his mind in that department if he really wants to leave. Go Bowe and Go Chiefs!
TG had ethics, he gave his all regardless of how bad the team(including Bowe who had a big problem with catching the ball) was playing. Tony always played great, I never got that from Bowe even thow they insisted on throwing the ball to him. I could never figure out why they just didn't slap some stickum on his hands if they "had" to throw the ball to him. I say trade him if he is worth anything.

If they're smart, they'll keep him
I hope they aren't then.

It's a simple concept...receivers that get a lot of balls thrown their way always lead the league in drops. Everyone thinks Bowe has a drop "problem", probably because they just don't see or notice when other top receivers drop the same routine passes. It's part of the game unfortunately, but saying he has a problem with drops is inaccurate.
TG never dropped balls as far as I remember, he had hands that grabbed balls that looked uncatchable. I don't know about Bowe, he seemed to drop more than he caught. I never paid much attention to him this season... does the odds switch around? I really don't think so.

Good Thread. One additional comment. Everyone notes a history of our GM not to over pay for a wide receiver. I just want to point out, Bowe is in a different situation that anything he ever saw in New England. He was always able to rely on Tom Brady to put the ball where it needed to be for any receiver. Here, we are relying on Bowe to find a way to catch passes, even when they aren't perfect. Bowe is more important here than any receiver was for Pioli in NE. They will do everything in their power to keep him.That is possible, I didn't realize he was with the patriots before the chiefs. Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him that he went from a competitive team to a team to little ole KC.... NOT! If he learned anything from playing with Tony Gonzalez, its play ethics and not cheating his employer. But guess what, he didn't learn anything - it went in one ear and out the other. TG spent some extra time with him but it all went to waste. And guess where TG is: he just might get the superbowl ring he has been deserving all these years for his hard work.

wolfpack
11-27-2011, 11:11 AM
All our wr`s wouldbe better if they had someone who can throw the ball. Draft a QB in he 1st. But the are gun shy since blackledge. No wait, we are talking about bowe, sorry wrong thread.

OPLookn
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM
TG never dropped balls as far as I remember, he had hands that grabbed balls that looked uncatchable. I don't know about Bowe, he seemed to drop more than he caught. I never paid much attention to him this season... does the odds switch around? I really don't think so.
That is possible, I didn't realize he was with the patriots before the chiefs. Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him that he went from a competitive team to a team to little ole KC.... NOT! If he learned anything from playing with Tony Gonzalez, its play ethics and not cheating his employer. But guess what, he didn't learn anything - it went in one ear and out the other. TG spent some extra time with him but it all went to waste. And guess where TG is: he just might get the superbowl ring he has been deserving all these years for his hard work.

If you really think that the Falcons are going to win the superbowl or even have a chance then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

:lol:

hardcorechiefsfan
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
If you really think that the Falcons are going to win the superbowl or even have a chance then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Ok, maybe you are right about the falcons ...

azchiefsfan
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
The last play tonight is why Pioli will probably franchise him, but only to get a couple draft picks. He is so good at times, then goes back to giving up on plays. In a game this close, we need him more than ever. He let us down.

Sn@keIze
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
The last play tonight is why Pioli will probably franchise him, but only to get a couple draft picks. He is so good at times, then goes back to giving up on plays. In a game this close, we need him more than ever. He let us down.
that last attempt by Bowe was pathetic and I honestly wouldn't mind if that POS coward was cut tonite.

lovenflrefs1
11-27-2011, 11:58 PM
I will stick up for Bowe. It was a bad throw by a QB that already had 3 turnovers, including 2 interceptions that were POORLY thrown balls. That ball was too high and too far behind Bowe. If he goes for that ball, he's going to get pummeled and probably end up hurt. Would you rather see him attempt to catch an uncatchable ball, or get hurt? I'd rather keep him healthy for next year.

tornadospotter
11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
I will stick up for Bowe. It was a bad throw by a QB that already had 3 turnovers, including 2 interceptions that were POORLY thrown balls. That ball was too high and too far behind Bowe. If he goes for that ball, he's going to get pummeled and probably end up hurt. Would you rather see him attempt to catch an uncatchable ball, or get hurt? I'd rather keep him healthy for next year.
My only thought on this is, he is paid to do his job.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
My only thought on this is, he is paid to do his job.
Exactly

TopekaRoy
11-28-2011, 01:46 AM

I don't think the Falcons will even make the playoffs, but I am looking for a bridge. What have you got? :D

josh1971
11-29-2011, 10:43 AM
I hear a guy in Detroit named Suh has a *suspension* bridge...

TopekaRoy
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
:lol: Yeah, but I think that bridge is washed out!

OPLookn
11-29-2011, 12:08 PM

He's denied owning that bridge. Only Suh and God know what is truly going on with his...I mean errr...the bridge.

nigeriannightmare
11-29-2011, 04:33 PM
r
If they insist on resigning him - make it a short contract; I can see him getting hurt bad and then wanting out. Remember Priest Holmes? I thought he was fab but I didn't like how he decided to retire

Um priest got injured by a roided up a** from san diego they created a penalty, the horse collar tackle because of said injury. Shanwne merriman is a piece of poop.

TopekaRoy
11-29-2011, 06:40 PM
He's denied owning that bridge. Only Suh and God know what is truly going on with his...I mean errr...the bridge.
:lol::lol:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/41.jpg

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Bumpity-bump!