PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Profile : Senio Kelemete OG, Washington (Senior)

nicfre2011
11-23-2011, 03:46 PM
While Rodney Hudson has gotten some playing time at both left guard and center for the Chiefs with some regular season action at left guard against the Patriots when Lilja was out with an injury, I think his future position would be best at center to replace Casey Wiegmann.

That being said, I think one of our weaknesses along our offensive line has been the fact that we have two offensive linemen (Wiegmann and Lilja) that are barely over 280 lbs. each. While both are good technicians, the fact remains that with both playing next to each other, I think we have a hard time running the ball up the middle as both are fairly limited in man blocking assignments. Jon Asamoah will hopefully continue to develop into a starting-caliber right guard for the long term...and that brings me to left guard. While Lilja gives good effort, he is limited and as mentioned, has a hard time getting consistent push against bigger defenders.

I would like to see us look to draft Lilja's eventual replacement now and a name worth mentioning in that regard is Washington senior Senio Kelemete. He came to Washington as a defensive linemen but made the switch to the offensive side of the ball and has played left guard and left tackle. I think his best bet is to play guard at the NFL level. Despite his relative inexperience, he has alot of talent and seems to have the necessarily skill set to take the next step in the NFL. He projects to be a better fit in a zone blocking scheme with his ability to move and get to the second level. I also like that he has a mean-streak and has the strength to make an impact in man blocking assignments. I think he has alot of potential...Kelemete would give us the opportunity to provide some legitimate competition for Lilja...if Lilja hangs on for another year Kelemete could provide us with a developing replacement.

Senio Kelemete's Washington Huskies Bio :
Player Bio: Senio Kelemete - University of Washington Official Athletic Site (http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kelemete_senio00.html)

A former defensive lineman who made the move to guard in 09' before switching to left tackle as a junior in 2010. Possesses a naturally strong frame with a thick lower half. Won the teams offensive lineman weight room honor in 2010 and plays up to his weight room numbers. Is still learning the tackle position, but is a gifted athlete with good range, can bend and possesses natural anchor strength. Is inconsistent in his stance, at times gets a bit hunched over at the waist or doesn't sit into his base properly, but the guy can bend. Displays the ability to keep his pad level down from a two point stance in the run game and drops his base well into contact. Possesses a quick first step off the line, isn't technically sound with his footwork at this stage and looks content to simply side shuffle his feet laterally toward the corner, is still developing his kick slide. However, exhibits "plus" range toward the edge, can routinely reach speed and re-directs well in space. Is lose in the hips, quick footed and demonstrates natural mirror ability. Showcases very good hand quickness/placement, routinely is able to get his hands into the chest plate of defenders and anchor. Will get a bit ahead of himself through contact and lose balance, but has the quickness to make up for a false step.

Looks very natural on the move in the run game. Has the range to routinely reach block and seal the edge. Displays impressive range getting out to the second level and can breakdown. However, struggles to routinely locate his target and will allows his man to run free at times, but again I think that can be improved with more experience. Is a sticky player through contact. Can create leverage for himself off the ball in the run game, doesn't waste much motion into contact and there is a real snap through his hips. You can tell he's a former defensive lineman because of his initial quickness off the ball and pop into contact. Likes to finish, plays with some nasty and gets after it until the whistle. I also like his versatility as he has experience at tackle and guard, athough like I said, I think his best bet is to be inside in the NFL.

Impression: A gifted athlete with a strong base, strong hands and a passion for the game. Needs to clean up his footwork and his body type makes me think he's more of a guard only prospect. But has the skill set to fly up draft boards and if he improves his technique could be one of the first guards selected in 2012.

Courtesy Nationalfootballpost.com

http://sportswashington.net/11easternphotogallery/slides/IMG_5146.jpg

http://jimmyhickey.smugmug.com/Other/UW-OSU/253101016172NCAAUWOSU/1055519198_jNiCm-L.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/33.jpg

Jrudi
11-28-2011, 03:27 PM
I have read a little about this guy, and do like what I have heard. Looks like he is projected as a possible 3rd rounder at the moment.

Depending on what we do with our first 3 picks, a few other O-line prospects I have looked at:

Brandon Mosley OT Auburn: 6'5" 305 (3rd round projection)
- Actually saw this guy projected to go to us in round 3 of a mock that I saw after reading up on him.
- An athletic OT who was a DE and switched to TE at Coffeyville Community College (KS) (Ties to the area, Lijla went here as well) Auburn moved him to Tackle where he beat out another JUCO-transfer Roszell Gayden, who had garnered higher praise upon signing.
- Teammates and coaches at Auburn raved about his preparation and work ethic as he won the starting right tackle job in his first year in the program

Antoine McClain OG Clemson 6'5" 328 (6th round projection)
-Dude would be a beast at Guard, he is HUGE!
- Would pair nicely with a gigantic Asamoah as well.
- 4 years starting Experience.

James Carmon OT Mississippi St. OT 6'7" 330 (7th rounder)
- Pioli just seems to like BIG linemen, this guy is huge and has played in the SEC.
- From what I thought, has 3 or 4 years starting Experience as well.

Also the two OT's from Florida State Zebrie Sanders and Andrew Datko may be possibilities...

These are more likely just late round prospects. Just a few that I thought might be likely to end up here based on size, experience, work ethic, and conference play.
-

nicfre2011
11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I have read a little about this guy, and do like what I have heard. Looks like he is projected as a possible 3rd rounder at the moment.

Depending on what we do with our first 3 picks, a few other O-line prospects I have looked at:

Brandon Mosley OT Auburn: 6'5" 305 (3rd round projection)
- Actually saw this guy projected to go to us in round 3 of a mock that I saw after reading up on him.
- An athletic OT who was a DE and switched to TE at Coffeyville Community College (KS) (Ties to the area, Lijla went here as well) Auburn moved him to Tackle where he beat out another JUCO-transfer Roszell Gayden, who had garnered higher praise upon signing.
- Teammates and coaches at Auburn raved about his preparation and work ethic as he won the starting right tackle job in his first year in the program

Antoine McClain OG Clemson 6'5" 328 (6th round projection)
-Dude would be a beast at Guard, he is HUGE!
- Would pair nicely with a gigantic Asamoah as well.
- 4 years starting Experience.

James Carmon OT Mississippi St. OT 6'7" 330 (7th rounder)
- Pioli just seems to like BIG linemen, this guy is huge and has played in the SEC.
- From what I thought, has 3 or 4 years starting Experience as well.

Also the two OT's from Florida State Zebrie Sanders and Andrew Datko may be possibilities...

These are more likely just late round prospects. Just a few that I thought might be likely to end up here based on size, experience, work ethic, and conference play.
-

You list some nice prospects. I would say, I think Pioli seems to prefer bigger prospects at the tackle position, although I was surprised when they signed such a big tackle as Jared Gaither. When it comes to the interior offensive line, it looks like Pioli prefers the lighter, more athletic offensive linemen for the zone blocking system. My problem with this is, IMO, when you have two really light players like Lilja and Wiegmann lining up next to each other I think you lose alot of push in the middle when trying to handle man blocking assignments and for short yardage/goal line situations. IMO, Lilja has become a weakness. I would really like to see Hudson replace Wiegmann and find a long term replacement for Lilja.

Mosely is a possibility at right tackle if we don't re-sign Richardson/Gaither. I like Zebrie Sanders as a zone blocking right tackle/swing tackle prospect.