PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion, Please

kenny1937
10-21-2006, 01:34 AM
This is fresh form the San Diego Board: "These theories that are based on teams getting "mad" are kind of weak. The Chiefs are playing a highly rated division rival at home this week. This is the type of game that a team doesn't overlook. If you really look at this theory, it would hold that the Chiefs are going to be better because they were horrible last week.

Pretty weak. I'd be much more worried about KC if they would've beat the Steelers last week because A.) they would be playing well (kind of important) and B.) they would have confidence.

The theory should go like this: So-So team like Chiefs get throttled last week. Due to this, if a good team comes in and jumps on top of them, KC players start thinking "Here we go again". That makes alot more sense than the "getting mad" theory does in this case."

OK Chief's Crowd, How do you think our SoSo Team is going to do this week "Just the facts mam, We are trying to just get the facts!" In the words of the immortal Joe Friday, or should I say Sgt Friday.

What is you opinion Crowd?

GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The Chargers!!

8-) :lol: :pint:

Chiefster
10-21-2006, 02:24 AM
The non-Homer in me says that because of off season personnel losses coupled with early season injuries, namely Green, along with inept coaching; I'd say that the statement above is probably pretty accurate.

The Homer in me says that it's at home and San D Eggo will be dealing with the 12th man, and the team will work extra hard to bounce back from such an embarrassing loss in Pittsburgh last Sunday.

kenny1937
10-21-2006, 02:28 AM
Chiefster wrote:
The non-Homer in me says that because of off season personnel losses coupled with early season injuries, namely Green, along with inept coaching; I'd say that the statement above is probably pretty accurate.

The Homer in me says that it's at home and San D Eggo will be dealing with the 12th man, and the team will work extra hard to bounce back from such an embarrassing loss in Pittsburgh last Sunday.

Great job Chiefster, I think your opinion is very valid.

Old_admin
10-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Here's my opinion. It's not worth much, but I'll give it anyhow. Chargers are slightly overrated due to having a rookie QB. They have the ability to score around 20 points on our defense. A lot of that will come from LT. I see our offense struggling against their defense for a good part of the day. But, I'd say that we break a few plays and make a game of it. Add in the home field advantage, and I think we have a shot of winning this game. We need our WR's to stop dropping passes. If we can stretch the D then we will score in the high teens/low 20's as well. I see this as a dog fight. I will go final score, Chifes24, Bolts,20.

Go CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
10-21-2006, 07:56 AM
admin wrote:
Here's my opinion. It's not worth much, but I'll give it anyhow. Chargers are slightly overrated due to having a rookie QB. They have the ability to score around 20 points on our defense. A lot of that will come from LT. I see our offense struggling against their defense for a good part of the day. But, I'd say that we break a few plays and make a game of it. Add in the home field advantage, and I think we have a shot of winning this game. We need our WR's to stop dropping passes. If we can stretch the D then we will score in the high teens/low 20's as well. I see this as a dog fight. I will go final score, Chifes24, Bolts,20.

Go CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope your right; but last week has not given me a lot of reason to hope.

chief31
10-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I believe that there are too many "ifs" for things to come together for our Chiefs.

If the running game becomes less predictable.....

If Our safties get their acts together.......

If we can generate pressure on Rivers...........

If we can slow down L.T.................

If Huard continues to play well..........

If our WRs can hang on to the ball........

If we get some help from special teams.........

If we can cause a couple turnovers..............

Not to say that I expect us to be man-handled, but, I don't expect a win. Sure would love to see a resurgence though.

Chargers 28- Chiefs 17

Chiefster
10-21-2006, 12:58 PM
chief31 wrote:
I believe that there are too many "ifs" for things to come together for our Chiefs.

If the running game becomes less predictable.....

If Our safties get their acts together.......

If we can generate pressure on Rivers...........

If we can slow down L.T.................

If Huard continues to play well..........

If our WRs can hang on to the ball........

If we get some help from special teams.........

If we can cause a couple turnovers..............

Not to say that I expect us to be man-handled, but, I don't expect a win. Sure would love to see a resurgence though.

Chargers 28- Chiefs 17

...If we can get some decent coaching.

kenny1937
10-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Everyone has given great answers, I know that there is more out there, come on give your thoughts, that is what makes a good board, speak your mind, and be like the Navy in the second world war, "D--- the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

that being said, If the Chief's show up, and play with a well prepared game plan: Chief's 24-Chargers 21, however if the So So Stand Ins show up: Chief's 17-Chargers 35.

Chiefster
10-22-2006, 01:47 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Everyone has given great answers, I know that there is more out there, come on give your thoughts, that is what makes a good board, speak your mind, and be like the Navy in the second world war, "D--- the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

that being said, If the Chief's show up, and play with a well prepared game plan: Chief's 24-Chargers 21, however if the So So Stand Ins show up: Chief's 17-Chargers 35.

Good post! Let us all hope the second senerio does NOT take place. :hammer:

Old_admin
10-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Chiefs win!

kenny1937
10-22-2006, 04:38 PM
admin wrote:
Chiefs win!

Right on Coach, Chief's 30-Chargers 27, we win, We :hammer: the Chargers, I can hear some of you saying "Hey you only won by three points!" Thats OK, three points is as good as a hundred, so I repeat We :hammer: The Chargers! WAY TO GO TEAM!

8-) :lol: :pint: Hey I think i will have another :pint:

Chiefster
10-23-2006, 12:30 AM
admin wrote:
Chiefs win!

Yep! Tynes goes from goat to hero in a matter of a couple of quarters. :-D

Chiefster
10-23-2006, 12:32 AM
kenny1937 wrote:

admin wrote:
Chiefs win!

Right on Coach, Chief's 30-Chargers 27, we win, We :hammer: the Chargers, I can hear some of you saying "Hey you only won by three points!" Thats OK, three points is as good as a hundred, so I repeat We :hammer: The Chargers! WAY TO GO TEAM!

8-) :lol: :pint: Hey I think i will have another :pint:

Yup! we'll take it. Here's another nice little tid bit; we just beat the number one defense and the number three offense.

kenny1937
10-23-2006, 02:00 AM
Hey, think about it, we :hammer: The number one defense, and we :hammer: the number three offense, that has a good :hammer: ring to it. I like the way you and Guru do that little action scene, next time you over, show me how it is done.

GO CHIEF'S!!

Chiefster
10-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Will do! :hammer:

#20 got punked! :hammer:

kenny1937
10-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Yes he did, didn't he, he got the :hammer: lowered on him, Great Job Chiefster!

GO CHIEF'S!!

Chiefster
10-23-2006, 06:51 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Yes he did, didn't he, he got the :hammer: lowered on him, Great Job Chiefster!

GO CHIEF'S!!

Yep; He got JACKED UP! :hammer: :hammer:

Old_admin
10-24-2006, 12:00 AM
A 3pt win is as good as a 20 pt win. Just like I said last week that a 30pt loss is the same as a 1 pt loss. I also said that people hated the Chiefs after the Steelers game, but would forget quickly if they beat the Chargers. In this league, you are as good as your last game. I heard announcers before the KC/SD game calling the Chargers the best team in the AFC, if not the NFL. After the game, they were talking about the Chargers missing the playoffs.

Last week after the Steelers beat the Chiefs, everyone was back on the Steelers bandwagon. With the Pitt loss yesterday, so called "experts" are now saying that the 2-4 Steelers will miss the playoffs.

How quickly things change! If the Chiefs can beat the Seahawks next week, maybe we will once again be looked at as a playoff caliber team.

Cheers to hope! :pint: :pint: :pint:

Guru
10-24-2006, 12:30 AM
admin wrote:
A 3pt win is as good as a 20 pt win. Just like I said last week that a 30pt loss is the same as a 1 pt loss. I also said that people hated the Chiefs after the Steelers game, but would forget quickly if they beat the Chargers. In this league, you are as good as your last game. I heard announcers before the KC/SD game calling the Chargers the best team in the AFC, if not the NFL. After the game, they were talking about the Chargers missing the playoffs.

Last week after the Steelers beat the Chiefs, everyone was back on the Steelers bandwagon. With the Pitt loss yesterday, so called "experts" are now saying that the 2-4 Steelers will miss the playoffs.

How quickly things change! If the Chiefs can beat the Seahawks next week, maybe we will once again be looked at as a playoff caliber team.

Drives me nuts when the media talks playoffs so early in the season. Right now, nobody, NOBODY, is guaranteed the playoffs.

Chiefster
10-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Guru wrote:
Drives me nuts when the media talks playoffs so early in the season. Right now, nobody, NOBODY, is guaranteed the playoffs.

Exactly!

Did ya see Herms post game interview? The media was trying to creat a quarter back contrversy.

Guru
10-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Exactly!

Did ya see Herms post game interview? The media was trying to creat a quarter back contrversy.

Are you serious? GEEZ!!!! I suppose Rhonda "I like twinkies" Moss was the instigator of that remark. :-?

kenny1937
10-24-2006, 01:50 AM
admin wrote:

Radio and TV announcers drive me batty, most of them talk because they like the sound of their own voice, others try to sound knowledgable, when they don't have a clue. I have enjoyed a few who really did know what they were talking about, and their color commentations were enjoyable. I agree with your accessment that a win over the Seahawks would put us back in the limelight with these football guru's (not referring to our Guru), and hard telling what they would be crowing about, one thing about it, a win will sure make me feel good!

GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The Seahawks!!

:pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: These are for hope, Chiefster :lol:

Chiefster
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:

Guru wrote:

Exactly!

Are you serious? GEEZ!!!! I suppose Rhonda "I like twinkies" Moss was the instigator of that remark. :-?

Actually it was one of the gentlemen of the press; I think Herm gave Rhonda the "I'll slap you up side the head if you even ask" look.

kenny1937
10-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Chiefster Said :"Actually it was one of the gentlemen of the press; I think Herm gave Rhonda the "I'll slap you up side the head if you even ask" look."

Hey, I would pay a Whole Dollar to see that! (grin)

8-) :lol: and for hope :pint:

Chiefster
10-25-2006, 01:25 AM
kenny1937 wrote:
Chiefster Said :"Actually it was one of the gentlemen of the press; I think Herm gave Rhonda the "I'll slap you up side the head if you even ask" look."

Hey, I would pay a Whole Dollar to see that! (grin)

8-) :lol: and for hope :pint:

That would be great, and I doubt there's a court in the land that would convict him. :lol:

Guru
10-25-2006, 01:27 AM
ACLU

Chiefster
10-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Guru wrote:
ACLU

Forgot about those guys.

milkman
10-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Guru wrote:
ACLU

I think you mean't PETA.

Chiefster
10-29-2006, 02:53 PM
milkman wrote:

Guru wrote:
ACLU

I think you mean't PETA.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kenny1937
11-01-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm going to sic Tony G and LJ on the Rams, fooey on the ACLU, and PETA, for that matter Fooey on all the opponents on our schedule, Go ahead Herm, whop him across the face, we aren't afraid of the Awful Clown Law Uglies, Hee Hee!

GO CHIEF'S :hammer: The Rams!!