loyalchief91
11-27-2011, 11:28 PM
We lost because of him.

matthewschiefs
11-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Him and Haley both

Miller
11-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I will add Bowe in there too. He may not need to go, but his commitment to the team needs to be questioned.

KCdrummer
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Palko will get all the blame for that last throw, but it looked like Bowe maybe could have caught or at least prevented the interception.

70 chiefsfan70
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
And Bowe.

Bowe did show he is NOT an elite or even great WR. Average at best.

lovenflrefs1
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I will add Bowe in there too. He may not need to go, but his commitment to the team needs to be questioned.

Don't listen to the commentators. That was a poorly thrown ball and in no way was it catch-able. It looked like Bowe knew it and perhaps assumed it was thrown to someone else completely.. like a Steeler.. like his other 2 interceptions. You're going to say Bowe doesn't put it out there and attempt to catch balls? I think you need to see some of the other balls Bowe has caught in the past years.

drstandley31
11-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Palko had the 3 worst passes I've seen all weekend (and I watched a lot of football). I know the kid's shaking like a leaf out there, but you can't make stupid plays....or 4 of them, in those situations

azchiefsfan
11-27-2011, 11:33 PM
I thought he showed some promise. Not starter good, obviously, but I'll digest this game for a while before I lock and load.

azchiefsfan
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
p.s. A near-great performance by our milk-toast OL.

Bike
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Him and Haley both
You're not just whistlin' dixie.

Chiefster
11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Palko = Croyle.

drstandley31
11-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Both sides of our line played well. That was very nice to see. Clean and hard. Good corner play. all in all, most of it was pretty good. But the bad parts were hard to take.

tornadospotter
11-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Don't listen to the commentators. That was a poorly thrown ball and in no way was it catch-able. It looked like Bowe knew it and perhaps assumed it was thrown to someone else completely.. like a Steeler.. like his other 2 interceptions. You're going to say Bowe doesn't put it out there and attempt to catch balls? I think you need to see some of the other balls Bowe has caught in the past years.
BS! The commentators had it right, Bo gave a signal to go long, but he cut instead.

hardcorechiefsfan
11-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Bowe was holding his arms to his body when he jump for that last ball

lovenflrefs1
11-27-2011, 11:38 PM
p.s. A near-great performance by our milk-toast OL.

They did well in pass protection, but not for the run. We were once again stifled in the running game; you can't really say much about that though, since we haven't had a premier running back this year.

drstandley31
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I do have to wonder why our organization, with Poli being this great "finder" of talent, has Palko as our backup QB. I mean really, in 2 years this is the best back up we could find. The guys had more cuts than a SAW movie. He couldn't even make a CFL team (no offense to our friends in the great white north).

#58ChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I've seen enough of Tyler now as well. Palko, Muir and Piscatelli all have to go at seasons end.

I'm not excited about Orton starting next week but it looks like it's his show going forward.

lovenflrefs1
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
BS! The commentators had it right, Bo gave a signal to go long, but he cut instead.

Do we know what the play call was? Was he intended to cut inside on that route? If he played it properly, then the ball was clearly high and behind. A quarterback should know what the intended route is, and throw the ball to where the receiver is; match is an integral part of being a quarterback.

Bike
11-27-2011, 11:45 PM
I do have to wonder why our organization, with Poli being this great "finder" of talent, has Palko as our backup QB. I mean really, in 2 years this is the best back up we could find. The guys had more cuts than a SAW movie. He couldn't even make a CFL team (no offense to our friends in the great white north).
Good point. It's not that Palko needs to go, he should have never been brought here in the first place. Horribly inept management.

KCraised
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
I think whats more troubling is all the Steelers fans at the game. Like half the crowd! It's so easy to be a Steelers fan. Damned traitors

Bike
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Do we know what the play call was? Was he intended to cut inside on that route? If he played it properly, then the ball was clearly high and behind. A quarterback should know what the intended route is, and throw the ball to where the receiver is; match is an integral part of being a quarterback.
Not necessarily. Many times the QB throws to a pre-determined spot, and the receiver is expected to be there.

jap1
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM

Not sure if you can honestly say that was THE hand signal to go deep unless you've studied our hand signals. Ever since high school, for the teams I've played on, raising your hand was something we were taught to do when we wanted the d to think we were going deep (i.e. On a comeback or in/out).

Could Bowe have knocked it down? Maybe, but Idoubt it was within his reach.
Should he have tried? Probably.

Should Palko have thrown the ball into quadruple coverage? Absolutely NOT.

tornadospotter
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
But if his signal with throwing his hand up, was to throw over the top, he would have been in position to catch or break up the interception. Do we know what the call was, no. I know what I thought when I seen that, and it was the same as the commentators.

drstandley31
11-27-2011, 11:50 PM
I think whats more troubling is all the Steelers fans at the game. Like half the crowd! It's so easy to be a Steelers fan. Damned traitors
I live in Columbus OH. They are everywhere. I go see the Chiefs in Pittsburgh, and I might se 5 other Chiefs fans there. maybe. It's easy to be sick of them.

drstandley31
11-28-2011, 12:00 AM
I think that fight they got in before the game, was the best thing that could have happened. I saw some fire! was a nice change.

KCraised
11-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Besides Palko throwing straight to the other team, i was pretty impressed with alot of things. Even with half the crowd waving terrible towels, we still got pretty loud;)
Nice job, everybody!

doobs_05
11-28-2011, 04:36 AM
well cassel palko and orton will not be the answer for us, maybe stanzi but i would like to groom a QB and not just pick one up and use him for 3 years

wolfpack
11-28-2011, 10:15 AM
I want to see stanzi but if he can even beat out palko i wonder about him.
Or maybe pioli dosnt want stanzi to do good and have him take his boy cassels job.

OPLookn
11-28-2011, 11:55 AM

Riiiiiight, because a QB can see over every 6+ foot lineman, is staring down one receiver and is watching his every move. If Palko seriously made that throw because he saw Bowe putting up his hand then he's even worse than I thought. Bowe did that as an attempt to throw the defense off. I don't know what kind of school yard football Palko is throwing but in no way should the throw up of a hand dictate where the ball is passed. The receiver can't know all of the pass coverage.

I will say that Bowe should have at least made an attempt to block that ball. I can't see if his hands could have even touched it and if not then Collingsworth just needs to STFU.

Hayvern
11-28-2011, 12:00 PM
well cassel palko and orton will not be the answer for us, maybe stanzi but i would like to groom a QB and not just pick one up and use him for 3 years

This team has never been able to groom a QB. And if you want to groom a qb, then what about Cassel, we have had three years of grooming on him and look what we have.

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Palko is not our QBOTF. He isn't even our Backup QBOTF.

Put him on the bench and see if some team is stupid enough to want him as part of a draft trade.

OPLookn
11-28-2011, 02:59 PM
This team has never been able to groom a QB. And if you want to groom a qb, then what about Cassel, we have had three years of grooming on him and look what we have.

Eh, to me that's not grooming a QB that's throwing a QB into the fire and hoping things pan out. To me grooming is what we're doing with Stanzi. Telling him look the first year the closest you're going to come to an actual play is when a player runs out of bounds and they have the ball. The second year they're the back up or stand on equal footing with the backup and the plays being called they're running through the same progressions as the backup and reading the defense. The third year they are the backup and if possible get some playing time in blowouts or when the 2nd string D has come out. Then the 4th year we start talking about starting or working them in. To me that's grooming, Cassel hasn't been groomed he was thrown to the wolves and that's about much standing up for him as I'm willing to do.

nicfre2011
11-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Eh, to me that's not grooming a QB that's throwing a QB into the fire and hoping things pan out. To me grooming is what we're doing with Stanzi. Telling him look the first year the closest you're going to come to an actual play is when a player runs out of bounds and they have the ball. The second year they're the back up or stand on equal footing with the backup and the plays being called they're running through the same progressions as the backup and reading the defense. The third year they are the backup and if possible get some playing time in blowouts or when the 2nd string D has come out. Then the 4th year we start talking about starting or working them in. To me that's grooming, Cassel hasn't been groomed he was thrown to the wolves and that's about much standing up for him as I'm willing to do.

Although the counter-argument is that the NFL is changing and teams are more willing and able to bring in rookies/young players and give them opportunities right out of the gate...and more of those players seem to be making an impact than in years past. Granted, alot of those players were drafted higher than Stanzi, but I think you get my point.

Coach
11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
What is scary In my opinion is that guys like Tyler Palko are making $480,000 year. Really? That bum makes half a million a year! He should be flipping burgers back in Pittsburgh. Is this guy really better than Stanzi? If so, we have some serious qb problems.

If we had Cassel last night, we would have won. Period. Cassel isn't perfect but I'll take him over anyone else on our roster. Hopefully that conversation is over. I'm excited to see Orton. I expect a lot from Orton.

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2011, 04:05 PM
What is scary In my opinion is that guys like Tyler Palko are making $480,000 year. Really? That bum makes half a million a year! He should be flipping burgers back in Pittsburgh.

Palko should be paying Hunt $480,000 per year for the privilege of being allowed to wear a Chiefs uniform.

Is this guy really better than Stanzi? If so, we have some serious qb problems.

That's a fact.

If we had Cassel last night, we would have won. Period.

Fact again.

Cassel isn't perfect but I'll take him over anyone else on our roster.

With the *maybe* exception of Orton, I agree with this too.

Hopefully that conversation is over. I'm excited to see Orton. I expect a lot from Orton.

Can't fully agree with you here. I HOPE for a lot from Orton. I'm not really counting on it. That said, I'm hoping he can do well enough through the balance of the season to generate a "Quarterback Controversy" next year.

Coach
11-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm excited to see Orton with the same players and line that Cassel had. If he plays better than Cassel with no practice then I think our qb situation becomes very clear. Draft a qb early, try to resign Orton, release cassel and the stooges. If Orton stinks, then you stick with Cassel and still draft a backup qb in the early rounds of the draft.

Common theme is draft a qb with an arm. I thought we is that with Stanzi, but like I said earlier, if he can't beat out Palko for qb2 then he has no business in this league.

OPLookn
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Although the counter-argument is that the NFL is changing and teams are more willing and able to bring in rookies/young players and give them opportunities right out of the gate...and more of those players seem to be making an impact than in years past. Granted, alot of those players were drafted higher than Stanzi, but I think you get my point.

I think our discussions kind of merge when we start talking about the QB's and where they are drafted. High up draft picks usually are ready to go right out of the gate and the thing that's pushed the most is developing the QB/receiver relationship instead of just developing the QB. I'd think the ones drafted later tend to get this kind of grooming instead of being thrown in and seeing immediate success. Just my thought from what I've seen, maybe I'm wrong. But I absolutely can see your point and agree with that it's the way the NFL is heading.

nicfre2011
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM
What is scary In my opinion is that guys like Tyler Palko are making $480,000 year. Really? That bum makes half a million a year! He should be flipping burgers back in Pittsburgh. Is this guy really better than Stanzi? If so, we have some serious qb problems.

If we had Cassel last night, we would have won. Period. Cassel isn't perfect but I'll take him over anyone else on our roster. Hopefully that conversation is over. I'm excited to see Orton. I expect a lot from Orton.

Wow, I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder!! LOL

okikcfan
11-28-2011, 04:31 PM

Yea lets judge Orton before he's even started. Palko sucks, If Orton turns out to be the QB he was in Denver under McDanials it will be a BIG step up. Lets just wait and see. Give the guy a chance. :meow:

#58ChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm excited to see Orton with the same players and line that Cassel had. If he plays better than Cassel with no practice then I think our qb situation becomes very clear. Draft a qb early, try to resign Orton, release cassel and the stooges. If Orton stinks, then you stick with Cassel and still draft a backup qb in the early rounds of the draft.

Common theme is draft a qb with an arm. I thought we is that with Stanzi, but like I said earlier, if he can't beat out Palko for qb2 then he has no business in this league.

I agree with you but Palko spent last season on the practice squad and Stanzi got his playbook the first day of training camp. Once the season started there was no good way for Stanzi to overtake the back up job.

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2011, 04:36 PM

Don't know if Stanzi has gotten a fair shake yet, but if we could get something for him, I would have no problem with his going elsewhere.

The big question in my mind is should we be looking for a "Star QB" or should we figure that either Cassel or Orton can get us where we want to go if we look for some O-line stars?

I really think that with everybody healthy we are only a c hair away really being in the hunt.

rodu
11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Palko could out suck the vacuum of outer space

okikcfan
11-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Look yall, for the most part I felt we looked pretty good last night, minus the QB and Tyson Jackson who is is waste of space and money. I was impressed with what I saw compared to the past few games. I look forward to seeing Orton start, just give him a couple of weeks.

ctchiefsfan
11-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Look yall, for the most part I felt we looked pretty good last night, minus the QB and Tyson Jackson who is is waste of space and money. I was impressed with what I saw compared to the past few games. I look forward to seeing Orton start, just give him a couple of weeks.

AGREED!!!!!! I'm not expecting Orton to be great this weekend. He just got here and we should remember what we did to Oakland a few weeks ago.

I say he gets a "pass" for the first 2 weeks. After that I'll expect to see him do substantially better than Palko. Not that that is asking much.

But I'd like to see him do well enough to challenge Cassel next year.

2010chiefs
11-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I was really excited about our defense last night. They kept us in the game. I was so looking forward to seeing Stanzi last night after the second interception. If Stanzi is as bad as Haley advertises, then let the fans see for themselves. I blame this loss on Palko and Haley. The rest of the team did a great job including Bowe! By the way, really bad calls by the refs too.

Coach
11-28-2011, 09:24 PM
I think Palko has played his last snap after lastnight. At least I hope so. It would be nice to see Stanzi play but I don't see him starting. I think it will take an Orton injury or a blowout game before we see Stanzi.

loyalchief91
11-28-2011, 09:33 PM
I think Palko has played his last snap after lastnight. At least I hope so. It would be nice to see Stanzi play but I don't see him starting. I think it will take an Orton injury or a blowout game before we see Stanzi.
I hope so. Palko is a 3rd stringer at best.

figcrostic
11-28-2011, 09:45 PM
We lost because of him.

Yup pretty obvious

chief31
11-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Some guys seek to silence their critics.

Palko has successfully silenced his defenders. I have nothing for him at this point. :lol:

josh1971
11-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I hope so. Palko is a 3rd stringer at best.

No, Palko should be walking up and down aisles at Arrowhead shouting "Cold beeeeer!!!"

Chiefster
11-29-2011, 10:30 AM
No, Palko should be walking up and down aisles at Arrowhead shouting "Cold beeeeer!!!"

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/707/waterboy.jpg

chiefnut
11-30-2011, 09:00 AM
orton should do all right, improving each week as they give him more playbook to work with. i'd like to see him stay next year [assumng he doesn't suck this year] competing w/cassel for the #1, trade the loser and make stanzi #2, sign a #3 or keep palko. this will allow us to concentate on other areas in the draft for about 2 years!! hopefully by the time we need to make ANOTHER QB change either stanzi is ready or we draft a first rounder!!!

70 chiefsfan70
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
orton should do all right, improving each week as they give him more playbook to work with. i'd like to see him stay next year [assumng he doesn't suck this year] competing w/cassel for the #1, trade the loser and make stanzi #2, sign a #3 or keep palko. this will allow us to concentate on other areas in the draft for about 2 years!! hopefully by the time we need to make ANOTHER QB change either stanzi is ready or we draft a first rounder!!!

I agree, we have lots of needs and if take the best and trade the other, we should be able to draft LOT, NT, the best pass rusher available, obviously if Bowe does not sign we need another WR, a good blocking TE is a need, we can't expect Moiaki to carry that load. We should be able to pick up at least a second round pick for either Cassel or Orton (if we sign orton for another year)

I could see pioli picking up another Running back in the first 3 rounds. not something I would do but I expect him to.

Chiefster
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
I was hoping to see more of Orton. Has anyone heard any news of his injury?

jap1
12-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I was hoping to see more of Orton. Has anyone heard any news of his injury?

I know he dislocated his finger at the least. Whether it was broken and dislocated (which is common) is what we will have to wait and hear. Also, if it was only dislocated, we will have to wait and see how long it will take for him to get the grip strength back in his index finger.

josh1971
12-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Palko STILL needs to go.

Viva la Stanzi...

AussieChiefsFan
12-05-2011, 12:32 AM
If orton can't play I really wanna see stanzi

Chiefster
12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Palko STILL needs to go.

Viva la Stanzi...

This, and...

If orton can't play I really wanna see stanzi

this!

ctchiefsfan
12-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Palko is less useful than **** on a boar-hog!

If Orton can't play this Sunday then I say we start Stanzi and see what he can do, 'cause Palko has shown us what he can do and I don't like it one damned bit!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Ryfo18
12-05-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't 100% trust this coaching staff to make the right decisions, but I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. I would really have to think Stanzi is well behind Palko for him to not even get a shot.

ctchiefsfan
12-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't 100% trust this coaching staff to make the right decisions, but I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. I would really have to think Stanzi is well behind Palko for him to not even get a shot.

I hear you man! I trust the coaching staff more than you do, but this sticking by Palko is trying my patience to the last nerve.

We're still "in the hunt" but it is no thanks to Palko. It's all thanks to our D. I can't imagine that Stanzi could be any worse and since we still have a shot at winning the west, I think that if Orton is not ready to go we need to see what Stanzi is made of. If he is a disaster we can always go back to Palko. It's not like Stanzi could be much worse than Palko. And how much harm can he do us in one half?

Canada
12-06-2011, 05:57 AM
No, Palko should be walking up and down aisles at Arrowhead shouting "Cold beeeeer!!!"No he shouldnt...he would keep giving the beer to the wrong people!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-06-2011, 05:58 AM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/707/waterboy.jpg

^^^Thats American Beer Chiefster!! :D

ctchiefsfan
12-06-2011, 02:13 PM
No he shouldnt...he would keep giving the beer to the wrong people!! :bananen_smilies046:

Palko should no more be trusted with beer than he is with a football!

matthewschiefs
12-06-2011, 03:12 PM

Palko shouldn't be anywhere near Arrowhead. As long as he's close he will find someway to hurt the Chiefs.

okikcfan
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Palko shouldn't be anywhere near Arrowhead. As long as he's close he will find someway to hurt the Chiefs.

The one thing I hate is when someone gets hurt we never hear how bad it is from Pioli or Haley. Did Cassel break his hand or tear something? Is there any chance Orton could play vs the Jets? We need one mountian lion the bite lil Palko in the butt so we can see for ourselve's if Stanzi can do a decent job or not! :mooning:

OPLookn
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
The one thing I hate is when someone gets hurt we never hear how bad it is from Pioli or Haley. Did Cassel break his hand or tear something? Is there any chance Orton could play vs the Jets? We need one mountian lion the bite lil Palko in the butt so we can see for ourselve's if Stanzi can do a decent job or not! :mooning:

You get the mountain lion, I'll get Palko and we'll meet outside of Arrowhead. :lol:

#58ChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
There already is a mountain lion sighting near Arrowhead, just keep your fingers crossed fellas.

tornadospotter
12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
I so want to see our rookie play. But if Orton is a no go or a if needed he can play! Palko is the starter, and he is a Chief! So I give him my positive support. Just hope the coaching staff is teaching him what our receivers helmets look like! Throw to that helmet, not that one! :smile

Palko has not done well. He has been around the nfl for a while. Pick up by teams, then never used, for what ever reason. He is a NFL player. He became one because he has ability. He can play, he shows leadership in how he is adjusting the offense at the line of scrimmage, he is very confident in his abilities, according to the commentators during the last game. We just need to adjust our offense to work to his talents! Why do we always seem the last few seasons to try and impose a type of offense or defense set by what the coaches want? What happen to developing the team and plays around the talent and abilities of the team. One type of offense works with one QB, but a different one works with another. I remember when the play was called in the huddle by the QB.

Chiefster
12-06-2011, 06:26 PM
^^^Thats American Beer Chiefster!! :D

:lol::lol::lol: