PDA

View Full Version : For those who said Bowe gave up.....

SIC J
11-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Really? LOL

This is a pic of right when the ball hits Lewis' hands. The ball is CLEARLY thrown behind Bowe as well as WAY over his head. Lewis was I believe a good 3 yards behind Bowe and he jumped up barely catching it.

FACT is, Palko had plenty of time to thrown the ball and threw it into a crowd of 5 defenders. And it's not like this was the 1st or 2nd time he did that but like the 5th time in 2 games!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/39.jpg

matthewschiefs
11-28-2011, 12:27 AM
While I do think that Bowe could have and should have made more of an effort I really don't think that it would have mattered at all. The ball was just that badly thrown.

stricken721
11-28-2011, 12:29 AM
This topic should have ended as soon as it began. He was on the field and we weren't. What he saw was completely different than what we saw.

:beer:

hardcorechiefsfan
11-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Really? LOL

This is a pic of right when the ball hits Lewis' hands. The ball is CLEARLY thrown behind Bowe as well as WAY over his head. Lewis was I believe a good 3 yards behind Bowe and he jumped up barely catching it.

FACT is, Palko had plenty of time to thrown the ball and threw it into a crowd of 5 defenders. And it's not like this was the 1st or 2nd time he did that but like the 5th time in 2 games!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/39.jpg
Whatever. You know... Bowe can jump high, maybe he should be in basketball.

SIC J
11-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Whatever. You know... Bowe can jump high, maybe he should be in basketball.

He's about a foot higher than the guy in the pic and he's already on his way down. The ball is still WAY over his head. How high is he supposed to be able to jump? LOL

tornadospotter
11-28-2011, 12:41 AM
So if Bo would not of made a cut, but keep going straight, and jumped he would have caught that pass.

SIC J
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
So if Bo would not of made a cut, but keep going straight, and jumped he would have caught that pass.

Hard to say. Lewis read the pass. If Bowe kept running, I think the ball may have been under thrown.

tornadospotter
11-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Hard to say. Lewis read the pass. If Bowe kept running, I think the ball may have been under thrown.
Yes, could have been or should have been, who knows what it would have been, all we know is this play was the last chance to possible win the game.

SIC J
11-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Yes, could have been or should have been, who knows what it would have been, all we know is this play was the last chance to possible win the game.

Pretty much. Ball should've NEVER been thrown there in the first place.

The way I see it, Palko just GAVE the starting job to Orton. Haha

tornadospotter
11-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Pretty much. Ball should've NEVER been thrown there in the first place.

The way I see it, Palko just GAVE the starting job to Orton. Haha
That was never a doubt. But I liked what I seen from Palko, he never gave up after any of the early interceptions, he was playing, he was moving players to positions. Maybe it is the type of offense we are running with him, I do not know. But he was playing with all he had, and that is what we need as QB. I for one am sick and tired of building a team around the Coaches play book! I want a Coaching staff to build a play book around the players we have! We need this, we need that, bs. Draft the best talent available then coach them, teach them, but most important game plan how the talent we have will work the best. Improvise.

Ryfo18
11-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Basically, this picture just shows that the ball is way over his head...not to mention thrown well behind Bowe (look at where he is in relation to the guy that caught it).

G Money
11-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Basically, this picture just shows that the ball is way over his head...not to mention thrown well behind Bowe (look at where he is in relation to the guy that caught it).

I have seen alot of things that upset me with the Chiefs as of late, but nothing more than when a guy gives up. All I am saying is make an effort. His arms didn't even get above his shoulders.

tornadospotter
11-28-2011, 01:42 AM
I do not see that in that picture, If Bo had not turned, keep going he would have been in position to catch or break up the pass. He cut just when the pass was almost there. If not for that cut he would have been in position and could of?

TopekaRoy
11-28-2011, 02:12 AM
I don't know if Palko threw the ball to the wrong spot or if Bowe ran the wrong route, but clearly, the two of them were not on the same page. It looked to me like Bowe signaled Palko to go deep then cut off his route. I'm just impressed that the Chiefs were in a position like that to possibly win the game in the first place. They looked a lot better than he have in recent games but Palko is clearly not the answer. Hopefully, Orton can get the offense going.

doobs_05
11-28-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm just pissed because he did nothing to help with the pass at all. No hands in the air just a jump and twirl

Canada
11-28-2011, 08:40 AM
I have seen alot of things that upset me with the Chiefs as of late, but nothing more than when a guy gives up. All I am saying is make an effort. His arms didn't even get above his shoulders.^^^This!!

chiefnut
11-28-2011, 08:41 AM
look there is alot we don't know on this play, did palko throw to the wrong spot? did bowe run the wrong route? did bowe even see the ball as it wen over and behind him? if he did see it did he decide not to deflect it?? [he was the only red shirt in 20yds] that play did not lose the game, it was the culmination of half a dozen bad plays including some missed holding calls and not going for it on 4th down. yup a bad day all around except for a stellar performance by the defense.

nigeriannightmare
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
If a ball .is thrown with in 12 ft of calvin johnson he will come down with it 100% of the time according to sports vs science. Bowe is not johnson but i would bet 7 or 8 ft for him. Terrible throw yes but put ur hands up what if he just gets a finger on it and it falls incomplete. He jumped and held his hand down that makes no sense unless he thought a chief receiver was behind him.

70 chiefsfan70
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Regardless of where the pass was thrown, or where it should have gone, Bowe made NO effort to get to the ball. I think he kept his arms down to protect his ribs from a possible hit. I don't think he could have caught the ball but still he clearly showed that he was not an elite WR.

I had even more of a problem with his effort on the pass on the sideline where he jumped up and the ball went right thru his hands , rubbing the insides of his palms.

He is deffinately hurting his own cause, the man is so athletic and talented its sad to see him waste it. I wander if someone should tell him hes coming up on his contract. Maybe he doesn't know.

wolfpack
11-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Starting to wonder if bowe wants to be on this team next year. A play like that makes one wonder.
He knows he will get paid by some team so he dose just enough to keep his value up. All that said i still blame that one palko.

OxDeadface
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
I don't know if Palko threw the ball to the wrong spot or if Bowe ran the wrong route, but clearly, the two of them were not on the same page. It looked to me like Bowe signaled Palko to go deep then cut off his route.

That's what I was thinking when it happened. The look on Palko's face right after nearly confirmed it. I wondered if maybe Bowe's signal was to fake out the D and then he stuck to his route. It looked like the pass could have been right on target if Bowe had kept going straight, but the two were just not on the same page.

Seek
11-28-2011, 11:13 AM
I have seen alot of things that upset me with the Chiefs as of late, but nothing more than when a guy gives up. All I am saying is make an effort. His arms didn't even get above his shoulders.

I was at the game and looing at the play from the Palko's view. Bowe was runing in to the seam and had his guy beat. If the ball was on target he had another 10 yards to run. The ball was thrown 3 feet above bowe and about 5 yards behind him. He had to stop his route and try to adjust to the throw. His momentum was going the other way and could not twist his body back around to get his hands on the ball way over his head.

He tried! It was just a horrible horrible pass.

Seek
11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
seriously people. You are complaining about Bowe's effort. I have not been a supporter of Bowe over the years, but he has done nothing this year but do everything he is told and gives it nothing but effort.

As I said the post before, Bowe was flying towards the seam. There was no way he was catching it. Heck the ball almost went over the defender and was only there because Bowe had beat him.

OPLookn
11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
I put the blame on two people for that play, Palko and Bowe. Palko really should have known better. I can't see the picture but I watched the play and there was at least four defenders if not five around Bowe at the time. Palko flat out shouldn't have thrown the ball. Then again we're dealing with a QB that fumbled the ball and threw 2 interceptions in a span of three plays.

On the other hand Bowe didn't even make an effort. I've been a big supporter of Bowe but to not put up your hands to try and deflect that... I don't care if you know you're gonna take a shot. The game is on the line and you're in a contract year. If you wanna win AND get paid down the line you've GOT to put your hands up and try and deflect that ball!

Bowe did throw his hand up to signal something to Palko. I obviously don't know their hand signals but Palko seemed to think that meant Bowe was going to do something from what he did. I'm not terribly worried because Orton will start next week and Palko will go back to what he's been doing his entire career. I have to admit I didn't expect much else and throwing out this play he fumbled the ball and threw two interceptions that were blatantly his fault. Can't say I expected much else from him.

kcvet
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
continuous running highlights. just let it play

link (http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d82488247/GameDay-Steelers-vs-Chiefs-highlights?module=HP11_hot_topics)

nigeriannightmare
11-28-2011, 11:40 AM
seriously people. You are complaining about Bowe's effort. I have not been a supporter of Bowe over the years, but he has done nothing this year but do everything he is told and gives it nothing but effort.

As I said the post before, Bowe was flying towards the seam. There was no way he was catching it. Heck the ball almost went over the defender and was only there because Bowe had beat him.

Explain the drop when the ball went thru his hands and hit him in the face mask we had just converted a fake punt and then that drop.

Hayvern
11-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Explain the drop when the ball went thru his hands and hit him in the face mask we had just converted a fake punt and then that drop.

This is the bigger of the two issues. I can let the no arms in the air thing go, though why he did not at least put up his hands in hopes of a deflection, I guess we will never know.

No, the drops from this guy, while better this year are still an issue, and don't give me any excuse about him being off balance, those are the passes we expect him to catch.

This team is just bad, all the way around, the defense showed up last night, but that was about it

kcvet
11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
This is the bigger of the two issues. I can let the no arms in the air thing go, though why he did not at least put up his hands in hopes of a deflection, I guess we will never know.

No, the drops from this guy, while better this year are still an issue, and don't give me any excuse about him being off balance, those are the passes we expect him to catch.

This team is just bad, all the way around, the defense showed up last night, but that was about it

IF you bother to look at the highlights you'll see Bowe is going one way and the ball the other.

SIC J
11-28-2011, 12:31 PM
What I really find funny is how some of you are basically saying Bowe is a quitter. But wasn't BOWE the one that made the big 4 and 7 catch on that SAME drive?

chief31
11-28-2011, 01:00 PM

No chance. Had Bowe kept running, he would have been about ten to fifteen yards deeper, and the ball is easily intercepted.

It was a horrible throw, rather he was throwing deep, or for the route that Bowe ran.

I didn't see any other Chiefs players reaching for that one either.

Why?

Because there was zero chance of reaching the ball.

Bowe was in the exact same position, of having had no chance of reaching that ball.

Rather or not he ran his route wrong is arguable. But, had he continued to run up the field, the reslut was the same.

fairladyZ
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2011/11/40.jpg
All of those who question if Bowe can catch the ball, the ball is located right above my cursor about 1/8 inch and a tad to the right. You be the judge.

Taken from arrowheadpride

Even if palko thought bowe was doing a go route the ball would have been underthrown and picked. Bowe raises his hand when he thinks he can beat the defender and says throw to me.. Not when he does a go route, watch his games with cassel, even with cassel he throws his hand up he still runs HIS route. Palko is not on the same page with this offense as cassel is.

OPLookn
11-28-2011, 01:45 PM
All of those who question if Bowe can catch the ball, the ball is located right above my cursor about 1/8 inch and a tad to the right. You be the judge.

Even if palko thought bowe was doing a go route the ball would have been underthrown and picked. Bowe raises his hand when he thinks he can beat the defender and says throw to me.. Not when he does a go route, watch his games with cassel, even with cassel he throws his hand up he still runs HIS route. Palko is not on the same page with this offense as cassel is.

Holy $*!%, yeah, take back what I said about Bowe. I wouldn't even put my hands up either. The shot he would have taken to "make an effort" that clearly would have failed wouldn't have been worth it. Collingsworth needs to shut his pie hole before he goes making comments like that.

SIC J
11-28-2011, 01:50 PM

That's funny! I took an almost identical pic with my phone of my tv as well that I was going to post instead of the one I used but I didn't feel like doing the extra work to highlight the ball and all that. LOL

I figured the one I posted was beyond enough proof.

PhillyChief
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I still don't get his arms close to the body. That's just weird. If you're jumping to make a catch, your hands go up first, don't they? Did he jump with his hands up and then bring them back to his body in mid flight? Just plain weird, which is part of the reason why people are questioning his intent. Bowe can be many undesirable things, but I've never seen him appear to quit on a play before so it just leaves me wondering what the hell was going through his head.

Absolutely senseless to throw ANY pass that way in light of the coverage, though. Even if Palko read go route, it's still stupid because he doesn't appear to have the arm strength for such a pass.

Ryfo18
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Good post...It's obvious there are some big time Bowe haters, looking for anything and everything to nitpick him for...I frankly don't understand it.

OPLookn
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I still don't get his arms close to the body. That's just weird. If you're jumping to make a catch, your hands go up first, don't they? Did he jump with his hands up and then bring them back to his body in mid flight? Just plain weird, which is part of the reason why people are questioning his intent. Bowe can be many undesirable things, but I've never seen him appear to quit on a play before so it just leaves me wondering what the hell was going through his head.

Absolutely senseless to throw ANY pass that way in light of the coverage, though. Even if Palko read go route, it's still stupid because he doesn't appear to have the arm strength for such a pass.

The only thing I could venture to guess is he was worried of getting blown up. A defender coming over to help doesn't care if the receiver isn't going to catch the ball, tip it or is just there to do aerobics. By keeping his arms tucked in it protects his ribs if he does get smacked but it also signals to any defender that I'm not going to catch the ball and pull up from the hit.

An interesting thought, and this is more so of a "I've had time to think about it" thought than in the moment. But maybe if a guy does whack Bowe he was trying to get the hitting a defenseless receiver penalty by keeping his arms in. Dunno, just a thought.

pojote
11-28-2011, 02:48 PM
When there is 4 or 5 defenders in one spot, you could figure that someone is open, but NOT BOWE!!!!

What was thinking Palko? That he has a laser cannon arm? That Bowe can catch whatever you can throw? Just watching on those defenders, you can see that the pass has to go somewhere else.

SIC J
11-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Good post...It's obvious there are some big time Bowe haters, looking for anything and everything to nitpick him for...I frankly don't understand it.

Or they still think Palko should be given a chance and want to blame it on Bowe. LOL

#58ChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Is it the angles playing tricks on the two photos or did whoever that is for the steelers jump away from Bowe? IIRC Bowes jump was straight up and down, it looks like the ball was caught several feet from him.

okikcfan
11-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Palko is done, game over for him, test FAILED!

Seek
11-29-2011, 12:47 PM

What does that have to do with his effort on the last play? That is a deficiency of his that had him on my poo list for years. That is lack of mental maturity.

nigeriannightmare
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
What does that have to do with his effort on the last play? That is a deficiency of his that had him on my poo list for years. That is lack of mental maturity.

Just sayin that the last play wasnt the only play bowe screwed up screwed up on.

Chiefster
11-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Just sayin that the last play wasnt the only play bowe screwed up screwed up on.

Is there an echo in here in here?? :lol:

Seek
11-30-2011, 04:25 PM

Wasn't the only one Palko screwed up on either. Heck while we are at it, lets yell at Battle for falling down with open field in front of him. McCluster for being tackled by a finger. Gaither jumped off sides. Breaston went out bounds when he could have tried to stay on the field. Colquitt had a crappy punt. The refs called some phantom calls. Succop failed to hit a touch back. I kicked over the guys rum and coke next to me cheering up and down.

OPLookn
11-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Wasn't the only one Palko screwed up on either. Heck while we are at it, lets yell at Battle for falling down with open field in front of him. McCluster for being tackled by a finger. Gaither jumped off sides. Breaston went out bounds when he could have tried to stay on the field. Colquitt had a crappy punt. The refs called some phantom calls. Succop failed to hit a touch back. I kicked over the guys rum and coke next to me cheering up and down.

I can't blame you for that one. I'm guessing you got past the defenders foot to knock the drink away although I'm sure any ref standing by threw a flag for illegal contact.

:beer:

G Money
12-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Although that may be true, I say make an effort. The NFL is full of receivers that made miraculous catches from balls thrown out of position. He may have had no chance to make the catch, but at least make an effort

G Money
12-06-2011, 10:40 PM
I, for one didn't need to be on the field to see Bowe not even raise his hands. I am just saying, he gets paid alot of money, the least he could do is make a play of some sort.

Canada
12-07-2011, 10:03 AM
He didnt even try and make the tackle after it was picked

Seek
12-07-2011, 05:54 PM
He didnt even try and make the tackle after it was picked

I wouldn't know, I was already headed home the moment it was picked.

AussieChiefsFan
12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Really? LOL

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/SICmestizoRIDER/Screenshot2011-11-27at90357PM.png
Yeah but he could have still gone for the ball

chief31
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Sure... Maybe his arms would have grown three feet in length. :lol:

AussieChiefsFan
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Sure... Maybe his arms would have grown three feet in length. :lol:
With the game on the line he stil should have tried. The ball was a lot closer than that wasn't it?

jap1
12-07-2011, 11:01 PM
With the game on the line he stil should have tried. The ball was a lot closer than that wasn't it?

If you look at how far away the ball was in that picture, it is about twice as far away as his legs are long. As someone who is an avid football player and coach, most players can tell when the ball is going to be that far out of reach. Either way, none of us had the view that Bowe did, so it is hard to tell what he saw that made him stop reaching for the ball.

Although, I dont think you can say that Bowe doesnt put out a good effort if you watch the games and see him always lowering his shoulder and fighting for 1st downs.

tornadospotter
12-08-2011, 01:32 AM
If you look at how far away the ball was in that picture, it is about twice as far away as his legs are long. As someone who is an avid football player and coach, most players can tell when the ball is going to be that far out of reach. Either way, none of us had the view that Bowe did, so it is hard to tell what he saw that made him stop reaching for the ball.

Although, I dont think you can say that Bowe doesnt put out a good effort if you watch the games and see him always lowering his shoulder and fighting for 1st downs.
After he catches, a pass.

Canada
12-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Sure... Maybe his arms would have grown three feet in length. :lol:You dont need 3 foot long arms to make a tackle do you?

70 chiefsfan70
12-08-2011, 08:45 AM
When I look at this and also when I watch him on the field, He seems very hot and cold. This could be a couple of different things, but the most likely IMHO is I think what you see is someone who is under coached and does not know his ability and has very little respect for the QB. Another thing comes to mind, He may be doing this as not to have his contract renewed, possible wanting to play else where.

To say the least, He is very inconsistant in the effort he puts out.

chief31
12-08-2011, 06:28 PM
You dont need 3 foot long arms to make a tackle do you?

He went for the tackle immediately, and was immediately blocked.

I think we would have needed more than just longer arms.

AussieChiefsFan
12-08-2011, 06:55 PM

Although, I dont think you can say that Bowe doesnt put out a good effort if you watch the games and see him always lowering his shoulder and fighting for 1st downs.Yeah Im not saying he doesn't try hard but this time I still think he could have gone for the ball, although I dont know how close it was

SIC J
12-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Yeah Im not saying he doesn't try hard but this time I still think he could have gone for the ball, although I dont know how close it was

It's not hard to see in the pic that the ball wasn't even close. LOL

Drunker Hillbilly
12-09-2011, 10:02 AM
It's comical to me that people are so blinded by their love for the team that they are actually defending Bowe on this! I've watched this replay about 25 times on 3 different networks. All pictures shown in this thread are sooooooooo misleading. If he would have made an effort he might have been able to tip the ball so it wasn't intercepted. Not saying he could have caught it because it was a poor pass but just an effort may have changed the play entirely. This guy invented DeSean Jackson's attitude man! Seems like sometimes he wants to play and is amazing but then I see him take plays off as well. #disappointingdwaynebowe

chief31
12-09-2011, 10:21 AM
It's comical to me that people are so blinded by their love for the team that they are actually defending Bowe on this! I've watched this replay about 25 times on 3 different networks. All pictures shown in this thread are sooooooooo misleading. If he would have made an effort he might have been able to tip the ball so it wasn't intercepted. Not saying he could have caught it because it was a poor pass but just an effort may have changed the play entirely. This guy invented DeSean Jackson's attitude man! Seems like sometimes he wants to play and is amazing but then I see him take plays off as well. #disappointingdwaynebowe

Wait, The "I have hated Bowe longer than anybody" guy is here to suggest that there is some bias in favor of Bowe?

What a bizarre twist of fate.

I watched the same clips, without the blinders of team favor, player favor, or the burning player hatred you watch with, and I come away knowing that Bowe had zero chance of tipping that pass, even if his body were not falling away from it, from the direction he had already jumped.

I am not the guy who let's Bowe off the hook for dropping passes, nor for anything else. But this was nothing but Collinsworth running his mouth, and drumming up a controversy, where there should have been none.

Plain and simple, Bowe went to where he was supposed to go to, he did what he was supposed to, and Palko, having limited practices, and timing with Bowe, mis-judged where that spot was, and threw it to the wrong spot, so far off, that Bowe had no chance at it.

Now, had that been the most highly motivated WR the planet has ever seen, he may have motioned his arms in the direction of the ball, but no player would have bthered to reach his arms all the way out, just as the QB did not reach out to try and tip the pass.

When you are so far out of range, "trying for the ball" is useless.

And that is what Bowe found when he got up in the air.

Ryfo18
12-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Chief31 is right, this wouldn't have even been discussed if Collinsworth wouldn't have ran his mouth. Nobody would have noticed, led alone would they have thought Bowe could have caught that ball. He couldn't have, plain and simple.

OPLookn
12-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Wait, The "I have hated Bowe longer than anybody" guy is here to suggest that there is some bias in favor of Bowe?

I watched the same clips, without the blinders of team favor, player favor, or the burning player hatred you watch with, and I come away knowing that Bowe had zero chance of tipping that pass, even if his body were not falling away from it, from the direction he had already jumped.

I am not the guy who let's Bowe off the hook for dropping passes, nor for anything else. But this was nothing but Collinsworth running his mouth, and drumming up a controversy, where there should have been none.

Plain and simple, Bowe went to where he was supposed to go to, he did what he was supposed to, and Palko, having limited practices, and timing with Bowe, mis-judged where that spot was, and threw it to the wrong spot, so far off, that Bowe had no chance at it.

Now, had that been the most highly motivated WR the planet has ever seen, he may have motioned his arms in the direction of the ball, but no player would have bthered to reach his arms all the way out, just as the QB did not reach out to try and tip the pass.

Agreed! Not only that but being so far out of the reach of the ball the only thing throwing your hands up to look like you're making an effort is going to get you is drilled by a defensive player.

SIC J
12-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Agreed! Not only that but being so far out of the reach of the ball the only thing throwing your hands up to look like you're making an effort is going to get you is drilled by a defensive player.

Exactly! Bowe knows going up in the air like that can be dangerous. Why would Bowe or ANYONE else in this world knowing that the ball wasn't even close put their hands up for an open invitation to get lit up? Use some common sense. LOL

Not only that, is I find it funny that the people who keep claiming he gave up have NOTHING to say about the 4th down catch he made a few plays before this one. They all ignored my post about that. LOL

Drunker Hillbilly
12-10-2011, 04:55 PM

Easy all knowing 31. You have ZERO idea of what Bowe was supposed to be doing. You have ZERO knowledge of what the route was. ZERO

Drunker Hillbilly
12-10-2011, 04:58 PM

Bizarre twist of fate???? Not from me. I still think he is overrated.

Ryfo18
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM

Who is a better wide receiver on our team? Or in the AFC West?

Would you be happier with a guy like Roddy White?

Drunker Hillbilly
12-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Who is a better wide receiver on our team? Or in the AFC West?

Would you be happier with a guy like Roddy White?
Nobody in the AFC West but Vincent Jackson is pretty darn good. Yes, if Roddy White could stay healthy (this year) I would take him over Bowe. His numbers are excellent!! It's not that I think Bowe is a bad receiver I just can't stand the over hype he gets on this site. His attitude is one big reason I think he is overrated. Just doesn't look like he is all in all the time. maybe it's me being over critical but it's how I feel. The drops are another reason I think he is overrated. Drops waaaayyyy to many balls that should be caught.

matthewschiefs
12-10-2011, 09:59 PM

I kinda agree with you. To me Bowe has A TON of talent he has the talent to be a #1 WR for a team in the NFL. That being said he's not a #1 WR in the NFL. He just disappers way to much in games. He's not a guy that's going to carry a team IMO but he can be one of the guys that helps carry a team.

chief31
12-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Easy all knowing 31. You have ZERO idea of what Bowe was supposed to be doing. You have ZERO knowledge of what the route was. ZERO

ZERO?

Nah.

POSTGAME, 11-27

Q: "Were there communication problems on the interceptions?"

PALKO: “Those are all on me. And the fumbled snap was on me as well. Anytime the ball leaves your hands you are responsible for it. I take full responsibility for all turnovers.”

Next day Q&A with HC Todd Haley, 11-28

Q: What did you see on the last interception? Could Dwayne have done more?

[B]HALEY: “I think that there was a miscommunication first off so there was a couple of different things happening and that led to a poor decision, which again the quarterback is the guy with the ball in his hands. He cannot, he cannot, especially on first down, he can’t make that throw but again, difficult situation, a lot on the line, a lot of pressure and most of the night there was a good response to that, and a couple of times there wasn’t but I think it’s great experience and a lot was learned at least from Tyler’s perspective."

Maybe a little, hunh?

chief31
12-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Nobody in the AFC West but Vincent Jackson is pretty darn good. Yes, if Roddy White could stay healthy (this year) I would take him over Bowe. His numbers are excellent!! It's not that I think Bowe is a bad receiver I just can't stand the over hype he gets on this site. His attitude is one big reason I think he is overrated. Just doesn't look like he is all in all the time. maybe it's me being over critical but it's how I feel. The drops are another reason I think he is overrated. Drops waaaayyyy to many balls that should be caught.

The general consensus on Bowe, around here, is that he is an underachiever, who drops too many passes to be considered a true #1 WR.

But I think the desire to have a great #1 WR has some folks extra eager to crown Bowe.

My biggest issue with Bowe isn't how many passes he drops, but the timing of them.

It seems that every time I see him drop a pass, it is on third down.

It just amplifies the whole drops situation for me.

Chiefster
12-10-2011, 11:39 PM
He didn't catch the ball, nor was it physically possible for him to catch the ball. The question in this situation is not whether he made an attempt to catch the ball; it is whether or not he ran the right rout as apposed to whether or not Palko threw an accurate pass. However, to call into question Bowe's effort on this play to make the catch, to me, is a moot point and therefor irrelevant. Just my two cents.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-10-2011, 11:48 PM
ZERO?

Nah.

POSTGAME, 11-27

Next day Q&A with HC Todd Haley, 11-28

Maybe a little, hunh?
At no point do I see anything about the route Bowe was supposed to run or the route he did run....ZERO

Drunker Hillbilly
12-10-2011, 11:50 PM
The general consensus on Bowe, around here, is that he is an underachiever, who drops too many passes to be considered a true #1 WR.

But I think the desire to have a great #1 WR has some folks extra eager to crown Bowe.

My biggest issue with Bowe isn't how many passes he drops, but the timing of them.

It seems that every time I see him drop a pass, it is on third down.

It just amplifies the whole drops situation for me.

Fair points which I agree with. These contribute to my opinion of him being overrated.

Ryfo18
12-10-2011, 11:52 PM

Ok that's cool...FYI... Roddy White has 21 dropped balls over the last 2 years, Bowe 16. Baited you into that one...

And anyone who has watched Roddy would know that about him...I don't see any Falcons fans yelling to trade the guy.

Fact is, Bowe's 8 dropped passes this year are the same amount Welker has.

Ryfo18
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I kinda agree with you. To me Bowe has A TON of talent he has the talent to be a #1 WR for a team in the NFL. That being said he's not a #1 WR in the NFL. He just disappers way to much in games. He's not a guy that's going to carry a team IMO but he can be one of the guys that helps carry a team.

To me this is more related to quarterback play.

matthewschiefs
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
To me this is more related to quarterback play.

I would agree that's part of it. But the great ones always find a way to at least show up. We have seen Bowe go a few full games without one catch. Yes Qb is part of it. But I have seen great wrs play with far less qbs then Cassel and find a way to show up each week.

Ryfo18
12-11-2011, 02:27 AM
I would agree that's part of it. But the great ones always find a way to at least show up. We have seen Bowe go a few full games without one catch. Yes Qb is part of it. But I have seen great wrs play with far less qbs then Cassel and find a way to show up each week.

Maybe so, but look at a guy like Fitzgerald, who is widely viewed as one of the best receivers in the league. He's playing with Kolb/Skelton, certainly nothing to brag about there. His stats:

55 rec, 943 yds, 6TD

Roddy White this year, playing with Matt Ryan, who is pretty solid:

68 rec, 881 yds, 5 TD

Bowe:

59 rec, 868 yds, 4 TD

I mean, there's not a noticeable difference really. I get it, Fitzgerald is a better receiver, but anyone who's saying Bowe isn't a "#1 receiver" is completely oblivious to what he's doing in comparison to the rest of the "#1 receivers."

If Bowe had Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball, I'm pretty sure he'd be at the top in about every statistical category.

SIC J
12-11-2011, 02:33 AM
Maybe so, but look at a guy like Fitzgerald, who is widely viewed as one of the best receivers in the league. He's playing with Kolb/Skelton, certainly nothing to brag about there. His stats:

55 rec, 943 yds, 6TD

68 rec, 881 yds, 5 TD

Bowe:

59 rec, 868 yds, 4 TD

I mean, there's not a noticeable difference really. I get it, Fitzgerald is a better receiver, but anyone who's saying Bowe isn't a "#1 receiver" is completely oblivious to what he's doing in comparison to the rest of the "#1 receivers."

If Bowe had Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball, I'm pretty sure he'd be at the top in about every statistical category.

Beat me to it!!!!!!

Drunker Hillbilly
12-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Ok that's cool...FYI... Roddy White has 21 dropped balls over the last 2 years, Bowe 16. Baited you into that one...

And anyone who has watched Roddy would know that about him...I don't see any Falcons fans yelling to trade the guy.

Fact is, Bowe's 8 dropped passes this year are the same amount Welker has.
Baited me? That's funny! I believe I said drops was ONE of the reasons I think he is overrated, not the ONLY reason. Look at the numbers for the last 5 years and tell me who the better WR is. So, are you of the opinion that Bowe is a better WR than White? Look, before this gets out of hand, Bowe is the best receiver on our team and I hope he produces. I hope his attitude gets better and he catches more of the balls that he should catch. Saying that, I would not pass up the opportunity to trade him if someone were asking or even putting him out there for a trade. I fear that if this team continues to lose his attitude will never get any better and may become a distraction. There are so many area's that need to be improved on this team that maybe someone would be willing to give something in return that could help this team more than a #2 playing the #1 position on a bad football team.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-11-2011, 09:44 AM

55 rec, 943 yds, 6TD

68 rec, 881 yds, 5 TD

Bowe:

59 rec, 868 yds, 4 TD

Really? So your saying that if Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers were throwing the ball to Fitz, A. Johnson, Welker, C. Johnson, D. Jackson, Jennings, Colston, Marshall, Bowe etc., that Bowe would have better numbers than the rest of them???? WOW!! It's clear there is massive bias in that opinion! I know it's our team and all but man, how bout some realistic views brother!!

SIC J
12-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Really? So your saying that if Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers were throwing the ball to Fitz, A. Johnson, Welker, C. Johnson, D. Jackson, Jennings, Colston, Marshall, Bowe etc., that Bowe would have better numbers than the rest of them???? WOW!! It's clear there is massive bias in that opinion! I know it's our team and all but man, how bout some realistic views brother!!

Well let's see. Patriots and Packers average a lil over 300 passing yards a game VS Chiefs 179. Brady and Rodgers are also much more accurate than any Chiefs QB.

So it doesn't take much common sense to know that if Brady or Rodgers was Bowe's QB, his numbers would be better. That goes for pretty much EVERY WR in the league if they were Brady or Rodgers #1 WR.

Ryfo18
12-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Baited me? That's funny! I believe I said drops was ONE of the reasons I think he is overrated, not the ONLY reason. Look at the numbers for the last 5 years and tell me who the better WR is. So, are you of the opinion that Bowe is a better WR than White? Look, before this gets out of hand, Bowe is the best receiver on our team and I hope he produces. I hope his attitude gets better and he catches more of the balls that he should catch. Saying that, I would not pass up the opportunity to trade him if someone were asking or even putting him out there for a trade. I fear that if this team continues to lose his attitude will never get any better and may become a distraction. There are so many area's that need to be improved on this team that maybe someone would be willing to give something in return that could help this team more than a #2 playing the #1 position on a bad football team.

Bowe has played for 5 years...here's his stats vs. Roddy White's stats in his first 5 years:

White: 315 rec, 4689 yds, 27 TDs
Bowe: 334 rec, 4636 yds, 36 TDs

I'd say Bowe has had a pretty good start to his career. It's too bad you want to get rid of him just as he's hitting his prime.

chief31
12-11-2011, 02:41 PM
At no point do I see anything about the route Bowe was supposed to run or the route he did run....ZERO

Considering that Bowe ran the route did, and Palko threw to an other route, with Palko and Haley both implying that Palko was in the wrong, you see zero evidence of what route was suppoed to have been run?

Come on.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a duece another runner in the night.......

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a duece another runner in the night.......

Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light - YouTube

TopekaRoy
12-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Manfred Mann - Blinded by the Light - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcWVL4B-4pI)
I think he was quoting the Boss.

I'll see your cover and raise you one original!
Bruce Springsteen - Blinded by the Light - Blue Cross DVD - YouTube

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
I think he was quoting the Boss.

I'll see your cover and raise you one original!
Bruce Springsteen - Blinded by the Light - Blue Cross DVD - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCu0VjAWX3o)

I went with the old school version. :11:

Drunker Hillbilly
12-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Definitely not quoting the boss.....

Chiefster
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM

I didn't think so. :D

TopekaRoy
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
I went with the old school version. :11:

No you didn't. The song was written by Bruce and originally appeared on his first album Greetings from Abury Park, N.J. released January 5th, 1973.

Manfredd Mann's Earth Band covered the song and released it 3 1/2 years later on The Roaring Silence on August 27, 1976 and scored a huge hit with it.

Actually you were. He wrote the lyrics that you quoted. :D

Chiefster
12-13-2011, 10:18 PM
No you didn't. The song was written by Bruce and originally appeared on his first album Greetings from Abury Park, N.J. released January 5th, 1973.

Manfredd Mann's Earth Band covered the song and released it 3 1/2 years later on The Roaring Silence on August 27, 1976 and scored a huge hit with it.

Actually you were. He wrote the lyrics that you quoted. :D

Correct you are!

Blinded by the Light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chiefster
12-13-2011, 10:19 PM
I posted a link but for some reason it doesn't show up.

Blinded by the Light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TopekaRoy
12-14-2011, 05:58 AM
I posted a link but for some reason it doesn't show up.

Blinded by the Light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_Light)
Links to porn sites are automatically blocked here.:lol:
just kidding!

That's weird. Let me see if I can get it to work ...

Nope, but it's showing up in the quote.

You're welcome!

Chiefster
12-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Links to porn sites are automatically blocked here.:lol:
just kidding!

That's weird. Let me see if I can get it to work ...

Nope, but it's showing up in the quote.

You're welcome!

Weird in deed.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Would rather NOT listen to Bruce's version......not a fan.

Ryfo18
12-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Anyone see Roddy White not even put his hands up when Ryan threw a ball a little bit over his head in the endzone? He sucks!!! Cut him Atlanta!

Canada
12-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Anyone see Roddy White not even put his hands up when Ryan threw a ball a little bit over his head in the endzone? He sucks!!! Cut him Atlanta!I never said cut Bowe, I would just like to see more of an effort out of the guy. Is that really bad to want that?

dbolan
12-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Starting to wonder if bowe wants to be on this team next year. A play like that makes one wonder.
He knows he will get paid by some team so he dose just enough to keep his value up. All that said i still blame that one palko.

There have been issues with him from day one. What do you expect to change?