PDA

View Full Version : Well, once again it's the Palko show

Ryfo18
12-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Todd Haley named Palko the starter for this week: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4499/tyler-palko

I might not go into the game and just keep tailgating.

#58ChiefsFan
12-02-2011, 05:39 PM
He won't play the entire game maybe not the whole first half. As long as you get in by halftime you will be good, the Chiefs owe you an apology letter for buying a ticket.

TopekaRoy
12-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Todd Haley named Palko the starter for this week: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4499/tyler-palko

I might not go into the game and just keep tailgating.
I've tried to find a way to put a good spin on this and I just can't. Either a) Haley thinks the Chiefs can win with Palko at QB or b) he doesn't think the Chiefs can win either way so you might as well give Orton one more week to prepare. If it's 'a' then he's an idiot and if it's 'b' that's even worse. I don't like the idea of a coach giving up on a game and not doing everything he can to put them in the best possible position to win it, especially when he said he would do whatever gave the Chiefs the best chance to win.

Do you guys actually think Orton has looked so bad in practice so far, that Palko is still the better QB for this team? I hope not.

matthewschiefs
12-02-2011, 06:04 PM
ugggg well this is anther L don't know if I will even watch.

#58ChiefsFan
12-02-2011, 06:20 PM
ugggg well this is anther L don't know if I will even watch.

Any given Sunday, you have to watch.

Canada
12-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Any given Sunday, you have to watch.
YUP!! We all suffer together!! :bananen_smilies046:

arrowslinger
12-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Wonder if on first possession if it is 3 and out would the staff at that point go with Orton?

I would love to see the Chiefs hold the bears to 10 points then beat them with ("we dont give up big plays" Lovie) with two Orton touchdowns :lol:

okikcfan
12-02-2011, 08:46 PM
I dont think he will last the first quarter.

kcvet
12-02-2011, 09:01 PM
can our D come up with another steller performance???

Chiefster
12-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm speechless, and trust me - that's saying something.

Bike
12-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Pioli (Hunt) just dished out 2 million to get Orton. There must be a rift between Haley and Pioli and this is Haleys way of thumbing his nose at the powers that be. The only thing that makes sense to me is that Haley knows he's already fired.

doobs_05
12-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Canada, we going to have enough beer to get through it?

azchiefsfan
12-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Pioli (Hunt) just dished out 2 million to get Orton. There must be a rift between Haley and Pioli and this is Haleys way of thumbing his nose at the powers that be. The only thing that makes sense to me is that Haley knows he's already fired.

It's like I said when Haley made the announcement we got Orton, he was very underwhelmed and understated in his enthusiasm. I'm telling you guys, Haley and Pioli ain't on the same page anymore. Haley is most likely auditioning for an assistant coach position next year...somewhere else. But I actually agree with giving Orton another week to prepare and if it is bad enough, we throw him in after a couple poor 3 and outs or turnovers that Palko will inevitably do.

figcrostic
12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
YUP!! We all suffer together!! :bananen_smilies046:

Cheers :bananen_smilies046: better throw a few extra back for this game :toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

figcrostic
12-03-2011, 12:52 PM

Interesting take

Coach
12-03-2011, 02:11 PM
I was scheduled to go to the game but cancelled. Partially because I can't sit through another Tyler Palko debacle.

okikcfan
12-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I just can't help but wonder if Haley is just "Misleading" or trying to throw everyone off. He said he will do what ever it takes to win, and we all know Haley and his trick plays, could this be one of them? Sadly I have to record the game because I work weekends. I almost want to call in but some how feel I may be disappointed.

TopekaRoy
12-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I just can't help but wonder if Haley is just "Misleading" or trying to throw everyone off.
Why does everyone keep saying this? Do you really think the Bears are going to show up tomorrow and say: "Oh, no. There's Orton and we were expecting Palko. Haley tricked us! Now we don't know what to do!" What would the Bears do differently to prepare for Orton (who played for Lovie Smith for 3 years and will only know a fraction of the plays Palko knows)? They play almost every QB the same way. And they know if Palko struggles, Orton will be coming in eventually anyway.

That doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think there is any trickery involved. I think Haley will start Palko and stay with him as long as he is effective. He is probably hoping to give Orton another week to prepare so he can be used next week when he will be more effective against the Jets where we will have a better chance of winning anyway. I think he is hoping he won't have to use Orton at all but knows he probably will have to.

okikcfan
12-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Reason? I don't know, but will Palko do that much better than he did last week? I don't think so. Granted it really doesn't matter who starts at QB as far as the bears are concerned. What does matter is who gives us the BEST chance for a win there. Orton. He's been there, done that sorta thing. All I was saying was Haley has a reason for what he is doing. You want your new QB up to speed asap you dont limit him on snaps. I just don't see Palko doing much better than he has in the past.

chief31
12-03-2011, 10:12 PM
I just don't see Palko doing much better than he has in the past.

No chance he plays as he has, only without making the big mistakes?

With only two games, I really don't think we have seen all that Palko has to offer.

Maybe he has a crappy game again. But I find it impossible to think that he is incapable of being any better than those two games.

TopekaRoy
12-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Reason? I don't know, but will Palko do that much better than he did last week? I don't think so. Granted it really doesn't matter who starts at QB as far as the bears are concerned. What does matter is who gives us the BEST chance for a win there. Orton. He's been there, done that sorta thing. All I was saying was Haley has a reason for what he is doing. You want your new QB up to speed asap you dont limit him on snaps. I just don't see Palko doing much better than he has in the past.
See, now, I agree with all of this, but the "trickery" thing doesn't work for me. There are only two reasons I can think of for starting Palko.

1. Haley sincerely thinks Palko will do better than he did the last 2 games. This makes a tiny bit of sense.

2. He doesn't think that Orton is anywhere near ready to start, yet, and he doesn't want to throw him to the Bea-, er ,,, wolves. You don't bring a veteran QB in and pay him 2.6 million dollars to sit on the bench when Palko is playing so poorly unless you are fully convinced that that veteran would be even worse. That's scary to even think about.

okikcfan
12-05-2011, 08:13 AM
He had faith in Orton to launch one downfield, too bad it ended so quickly...I hope he's back for the Jets.

Chiefster
12-05-2011, 02:53 PM
I really, really want to see Orton behind center, however, more than that I really, REALLY want to see our O-line do a better job of blocking.