PDA

View Full Version : glad we got the win but

marloweopatchiefs
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
i hope orton is well enough to start next weekend. Our offense was horrible again. Our D played again. If we had a qb we would have won last weekend against steelers

KCdrummer
12-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Offense looked better then it had been.

70 chiefsfan70
12-04-2011, 04:12 PM

I agree the Offense did look better, but shows it needs some serious help in the off season. The Deffense how ever looked very good. I have high hopes for this D next year.

marloweopatchiefs
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
you dont think orton could have moved the ball more then palko had he not got hurt? we got 7 of our 10 points on a hail mary

matthewschiefs
12-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Orton or Stanzi Please Palko is just not getting it done. Even his td pass should have been picked

GarH
12-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Justin Houston has really come on for a rookie. Next year with Eric Berry back our defense could be scary good. This team has been very frustrating to watch but add a good OL or two and an a above average QB and this team could be really good. We're a lot closer than our record this year shows.

jap1
12-04-2011, 04:27 PM

I beg to differ. Other than the Hailmary, our offense was shut down. We had one good drive, which was mostly made up of a 40 yard run by DMC.

7/20 on 3rd down.

13 first downs.

Passing: 17/31 for 139 yards and a TD (off a hailmary) with a 4.2 yard average.

Rushing: 37 runs for 113 yards (32 of that was from one play) for a 3.1 yard average

Our rushing game on paper looks decent, but overall we didnt do too much on offense. Palko didnt have much time to pass, and when he did, he was horribly inaccurate.

kcvet
12-04-2011, 04:37 PM
this was won by the D. period. congrads. O??? don't get me started

matthewschiefs
12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
I beg to differ. Other than the Hailmary, our offense was shut down. We had one good drive, which was mostly made up of a 40 yard run by DMC.

7/20 on 3rd down.

13 first downs.

Passing: 17/31 for 139 yards and a TD (off a hailmary) with a 4.2 yard average.

Rushing: 37 runs for 113 yards (32 of that was from one play) for a 3.1 yard average

Our rushing game on paper looks decent, but overall we didnt do too much on offense. Palko didnt have much time to pass, and when he did, he was horribly inaccurate.

About the only thing that you can say was better was the other team didn't get the ball. Although the Bears had a few chances to get the ball. A couple of passes could have and really should have been picked. Palko is still giveing them a chance to get the ball and that will hurt you just about every time. We were lucky the D showed up and brought there A game today.

GREAT JOB D.

Chiefster
12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
It was NOT a thing of beauty offensively for either team. I'm glad we got the TD at the end of the first half but it was a case of better to be lucky than good.

honda522
12-04-2011, 06:55 PM
As I agree, but I also think the play calling is still awful. Where is Al Saunders?????

Coach
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
The location and conditions made it tough to score today. Along with the bears d. Good win despite Palko. I hope Orton can play next week.

josh1971
12-04-2011, 07:11 PM
If Orton can't go, I say we start Stanzi. It can't hurt.

But I also say... I hope Mark Sanchez spends the week thinking about some names- Houston, Hali, Johnson...

azchiefsfan
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
It was an ugly offensive effort, but this was the playoff contender Bears. They are known for shutting offenses down. D definitely gets the game ball. I will feel great about this season if we can make 8-8. We lost some we shouldn't have, but it will take some grit and toughness to get there. I really believe we can.

okikcfan
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Orton needs to start next week. Palko made nothing of the 3 interceptions we had. The one touchdown was pretty much given to us by Da Bears and I thank them for that one. We go to the Jets next week and will be doomed with Palko at the helm.

Eydugstr
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
As I agree, but I also think the play calling is still awful. Where is Al Saunders?????

He's holding a clipboard for the Oakland Raiders....Man do I wish we would've made him head coach instead of Herm. Think of all the needless suffering that could've ended right there.

Hats off to the D. That's why we won today, despite Haley's occaisional silliness and Bill Muir's "swiss cheese" offensive line concept. That stuff pulled with Orton, very dumb. The look on Palko's face when he had to go right back in after one play was priceless.

okikcfan
12-05-2011, 08:00 AM
The look on Palko's face when he had to go right back in after one play was priceless.

LOL, that was kinda funny wasn't it. That changed the whole game plan. Sad, I was really hopeing to see some nice passes down field to our wr's with Orton in there.

OPLookn
12-05-2011, 11:37 AM
The location and conditions made it tough to score today. Along with the bears d. Good win despite Palko. I hope Orton can play next week.

Can we say that for the three games before that too??

:lol:

Bike
12-05-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm proud of the Chiefs for pulling off this win - on the road - against a pretty decent team. Haley is actually doing a decent job of holding this team together, considering the injuries we've incurred this year. GOOD JOB!

Chiefster
12-05-2011, 02:44 PM

...THIS!

Bike
12-05-2011, 07:08 PM
...THIS!
...THIS!

AussieChiefsFan
12-05-2011, 07:39 PM
...THIS!

...THIS!
THIS-ception

Lazeye
12-05-2011, 10:53 PM
I think all but one of Palkos INTs has first in some way been in the arms of our recs and bounced out into the Ds hands. Now because of this they will not let Palko just go out and play his game.

chief31
12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
I think all but one of Palkos INTs has first in some way been in the arms of our recs and bounced out into the Ds hands. Now because of this they will not let Palko just go out and play his game.

That's not right.

His first two, against The Patriots, were deflected off of his own receivers.

But the third was thrown into a crowd of defenders, underneath the receiver. The receiver never touched the ball.

And all three, against The Steelers were just thrown directly to defenders.

I don't think he is as bad as his stats. But he is really bad.

He seems to misread coverages, and underthrow on longer passes, and just doesn't seem to have any rtiming with his receivers.

I can't imagine that is the best he can do. But there is no excuse for most of his INTs.

AussieChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 02:18 AM
That's not right.

His first two, against The Patriots, were deflected off of his own receivers.

But the third was thrown into a crowd of defenders, underneath the receiver. The receiver never touched the ball.

And all three, against The Steelers were just thrown directly to defenders.

I don't think he is as bad as his stats. But he is really bad.

He seems to misread coverages, and underthrow on longer passes, and just doesn't seem to have any rtiming with his receivers.

I can't imagine that is the best he can do. But there is no excuse for most of his INTs.
This

azchiefsfan
12-06-2011, 09:59 AM
That hail Mary showed he has a rocket where his arm should be, but it's looking more and more like that is all he has is arm strength and nothing else to offer. Maybe it's a psychological thing from being a back up so long. He just can't seem to get his head into the game. I hope Orton can do better, but after being traded and cut, I fear he may have a hard time getting in the game mentally as well.

OPLookn
12-06-2011, 11:02 AM
That hail Mary showed he has a rocket where his arm should be, but it's looking more and more like that is all he has is arm strength and nothing else to offer. Maybe it's a psychological thing from being a back up so long. He just can't seem to get his head into the game. I hope Orton can do better, but after being traded and cut, I fear he may have a hard time getting in the game mentally as well.

I wouldn't exactly say he has a rocket for an arm. That hail mary was a 38 yard TD. I'll give him 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage and 4 yards into the end zone. That's a 46 yard throw. Now I'm not any kind of QB but I can heave a jump ball 46 yards as can many people.

Past being able to scramble some he's got nothing else to offer. I don't really think it's a psychological thing it's just that he's bounced from team to team since '07. I wish the guy could do better I just think he'll always be a backup at the very best if not a 3rd stringer.

Canada
12-06-2011, 11:20 AM
...THIS!

...THIS!

THIS

ThisThose!! :bananen_smilies046:

TopekaRoy
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Those!! :bananen_smilies046:
THAT!

But mostly this --->:drunkhb:

Chiefster
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM

THAT!

These! :toast2:

Canada
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
THAT!

But mostly this --->:drunkhb:<<<Yeah, those!! :bananen_smilies046: Sorry about your Bears on Sunday (but just a little bit):bananen_smilies046:

These! :toast2:I assume that is a Guiness!! :toast2:

Chiefster
12-06-2011, 02:58 PM
<<<Yeah, those!! :bananen_smilies046: Sorry about your Bears on Sunday (but just a little bit):bananen_smilies046:

I assume that is a Guiness!! :toast2:

Ummm, yeah with Diet Coke...That's it.

TopekaRoy
12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
This

THAT!

These! :toast2:
^^All of them. :punk::lol::punk: