PDA

View Full Version : This is what we need.....

ctchiefsfan
12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Houston’s play is most encouraging thing for Chiefs - KansasCity.com (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bcbKs)

Read the first part about Tamba Hali yelling and screaming. THAT RIGHT THERE is what makes a TEAM! Overcoming in face of extreme adversity and saying YES!!!! wegoddamnedwellcan!!!!!!

In less than two years we are going to have the finest defense in the entire NFL......by a mile.

If we can just build an offense that our defense has confidence in WE WILL HAVE A DYNASTY!!!!!

This is why Pioli and Haley have to stay a while. We need to give these great players we have the management and coaching STABILITY so that they KNOW....right in the center of their gut.....that they are going to the SuperBowl.....and that they are going to win it!!!

They want it as much as we do.......

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
12-05-2011, 07:33 PM
SO True!

ctchiefsfan
12-05-2011, 08:39 PM
SO True!

Thanks Aussie!

As trite as it sounds, I think we have real close to 48 or 50 of Pioli's "right 53". And I think that when he is not hit by a strike and multiple injuries to our real stars, Haley is the guy that can takes us there.

And like the great teams of the old days of the NFL, our defense is going to lead us to the promised land.

They are pretty much there already. All they need now is the confidence that if things go wrong early that if they get their shi t back together and shut the enemy down the offense will make up that 7 or 10 or 14 points.

And they don't have that confidence now. If we get down by 10 or 14, they have so little confidence in our offense that some of them give up. They shouldn't.....but I can't really blame 'em. Our offense has sucked worse than a $20 hooker this year.

Give this great defense we have a GOOD (doesn't even have to be great) offense and we have a REAL SuperBowl contender. :chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

AussieChiefsFan
12-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks Aussie!

As trite as it sounds, I think we have real close to 48 or 50 of Pioli's "right 53". And I think that when he is not hit by a strike and multiple injuries to our real stars, Haley is the guy that can takes us there.

And like the great teams of the old days of the NFL, our defense is going to lead us to the promised land.

They are pretty much there already. All they need now is the confidence that if things go wrong early that if they get their shi t back together and shut the enemy down the offense will make up that 7 or 10 or 14 points.

And they don't have that confidence now. If we get down by 10 or 14, they have so little confidence in our offense that some of them give up. They shouldn't.....but I can't really blame 'em. Our offense has sucked worse than a $20 hooker this year.

Give this great defense we have a GOOD (doesn't even have to be great) offense and we have a REAL SuperBowl contender. :chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:
Exactly, we're winning (or almost winning) games because the Defense keeps keeping us in the game. The recent blowouts are due mostly to the Offense completely falling apart. We just need the O to get it together. And Ive aways been a fan of Haley's.

ctchiefsfan
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Exactly, we're winning (or almost winning) games because the Defense keeps keeping us in the game. The recent blowouts are due mostly to the Offense completely falling apart. We just need the O to get it together. And Ive aways been a fan of Haley's.

Aussie....again my thanks!

The old saying is "defense wins championships". It's true. And we have the defense to win championships for many years to come. Though I would like to seem some depth added to protect us from what has happened this year.

Our offense is LOADED with rushing and receiving weapons.

Now we need either an amazing quarterback or the O-line from hell!

I'd prefer the O-line. Even the best offensive linemen are comparatively cheap and that frees up money to keep our marquee stars long term.

With the players we have we are SO DAMNED CLOSE--a c-hair away.......

I think we win a playoff game next year and make a serious run at the AFC Championship the year after.

We just need to stay the course!

If we dump Haley and/or Pioli now then we will be starting all over again just when we have the tools to be a great team again.

The only way I would be happy with firing Haley was if Vermeil was coming back.

Look forward to seeing you at the SuperBowl in 2014!!!!

AussieChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Aussie....again my thanks!

The old saying is "defense wins championships". It's true. And we have the defense to win championships for many years to come. Though I would like to seem some depth added to protect us from what has happened this year.

Our offense is LOADED with rushing and receiving weapons.

Now we need either an amazing quarterback or the O-line from hell!

I'd prefer the O-line. Even the best offensive linemen are comparatively cheap and that frees up money to keep our marquee stars long term.

With the players we have we are SO DAMNED CLOSE--a c-hair away.......

I think we win a playoff game next year and make a serious run at the AFC Championship the year after.

We just need to stay the course!

If we dump Haley and/or Pioli now then we will be starting all over again just when we have the tools to be a great team again.

The only way I would be happy with firing Haley was if Vermeil was coming back.

Look forward to seeing you at the SuperBowl in 2014!!!!

EX-ACT-LY

REP

drstandley31
12-07-2011, 11:22 AM
It also helps to have a short memory! I agree with you on most points, but honestly, the coaching was AWFUL in pre-season and through the first 3 games. And we never should have won that SD game either. So while we should be on the right track, I just hope this coaching staff has learned from their mistakes. And I currently do not believe we are solid at our OC. Not sure why haley can't get along with his offensive coaches. That's got to change. You need consistancy!

ctchiefsfan
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
It also helps to have a short memory! I agree with you on most points, but honestly, the coaching was AWFUL in pre-season and through the first 3 games. And we never should have won that SD game either. So while we should be on the right track, I just hope this coaching staff has learned from their mistakes. And I currently do not believe we are solid at our OC. Not sure why haley can't get along with his offensive coaches. That's got to change. You need consistancy!

I mostly agree with you, but I think you're overlooking the effect of the strike on pre-season and the first 3 games. Thankfully, strikes don't happen often in the NFL, but that very fact means few coaches out there have any experience in how to prepare for a season where conditioning time is dramatically shortened by a strike. There is no doubt that what Haley tried as far as conditioning and preseason strategy turned out to be a disaster. But I give him credit for having tried a different strategy in those regards. When I first saw what he was doing I thought it was a good idea designed to essentially trash the preseason and use that time to make up for the lost conditioning time. It really seemed like a good idea to me. I thought it would lead to us having fewer injuries than other teams this year. I was wrong and clearly so was Haley. Trying something innovative can bite you in the ash as it did this year, but it can also be a powerful tool that brings lasting success. While I am disappointed in the results, I applaud Haley for having tried a new idea. So when it comes to the whole "Do we fire Haley" debate I say he deserves a "pass" this year.

Next year is a different story altogether. With our injured players healthy again I expect to see major progress next year. A strong season, a playoff appearance and either a playoff win or at least a VERY close game. IMO anything short of that next year should place Haley's head firmly on the chopping block.

As to the OC.....I am no less worried about that than you. No team benefits from turmoil within its leadership and this revolving OCs has got to stop. I think they should put the two of them in a locked room and tell them no water, food or bathroom until they sort things out in a way that they can work together like adults.

Above all, I hope we don't wind up starting with a new OC again next year.

matthewschiefs
12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Justin Houston is the rookie that has me most Excited about the last draft class. I can't wait to see what he can do in the NFL when he's had more time and a full offseason.

ctchiefsfan
12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Justin Houston is the rookie that has me most Excited about the last draft class. I can't wait to see what he can do in the NFL when he's had more time and a full offseason.

He may be the most exciting, but I am excited about several of this year's draft class. I'm expecting to see several of them make a major impact next year.

matthewschiefs
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
He may be the most exciting, but I am excited about several of this year's draft class. I'm expecting to see several of them make a major impact next year.

There are a few others in this rookie class that I am also looking forward to seeing. Baldwin has had his moments both good and bad. But the bad part with his preseason fight is not all on him. I look forward to seeing what he can do. Bailey as I mentioned in some post is anther that the last couple of weeks I have noticed making some plays. I think this teams building something that is going to be really good in the next few years.

ctchiefsfan
12-07-2011, 05:52 PM
There are a few others in this rookie class that I am also looking forward to seeing. Baldwin has had his moments both good and bad. But the bad part with his preseason fight is not all on him. I look forward to seeing what he can do. Bailey as I mentioned in some post is anther that the last couple of weeks I have noticed making some plays. I think this teams building something that is going to be really good in the next few years.

Agreed!

okikcfan
12-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks Aussie!

Tho I agree for the most part I do not think we are close to 48 to 50 of Pioli's 53. If that were a fact we would be a much better team. But after the draft and off season I do believe we will be alot closer.

ctchiefsfan
12-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Wouldn't want to argue numbers, but I MAY have gotten a little carried away in my estimation of the numbers.

okikcfan
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
lol but all n all I agree. Good post! We do need to keep Pioli and Haley to help this team strive to get to our biggest goal!

ctchiefsfan
12-07-2011, 10:14 PM
lol but all n all I agree. Good post! We do need to keep Pioli and Haley to help this team strive to get to our biggest goal!

Thanks! BTW....Love your "signature"!!!! :D

TopekaRoy
12-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Tho I agree for the most part I do not think we are close to 48 to 50 of Pioli's 53. If that were a fact we would be a much better team. But after the draft and off season I do believe we will be alot closer.
I'm not too sure about the bottom 15 or so off that 53 but I think we are really close on the starting 22 (once we get all our starters back, that is). Add a couple of offensive lineman, a d-lineman or two and maybe another LB and we could be very strong on both sides of the ball. A great running attack, good passing attack and very good pass defense are already potentially there. That's the formula for a perennial powerhouse football team.

okikcfan
12-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm not too sure about the bottom 15 or so off that 53 but I think we are really close on the starting 22 (once we get all our starters back, that is). Add a couple of offensive lineman, a d-lineman or two and maybe another LB and we could be very strong on both sides of the ball. A great running attack, good passing attack and very good pass defense are already potentially there. That's the formula for a perennial powerhouse football team.

I agree, and QB. That is my current concern right. What or who will be our starting QB next year. Getting our injured players back next year will be a much needed improvement and with the FA and draft we should and will be a much stronger team. We just need some real Consistency at the QB spot no matter who it may be.
:chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

drstandley31
12-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Houston’s play is most encouraging thing for Chiefs - KansasCity.com (http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bcbKs)

Read the first part about Tamba Hali yelling and screaming. THAT RIGHT THERE is what makes a TEAM! Overcoming in face of extreme adversity and saying YES!!!! wegoddamnedwellcan!!!!!!

In less than two years we are going to have the finest defense in the entire NFL......by a mile.

If we can just build an offense that our defense has confidence in WE WILL HAVE A DYNASTY!!!!!

This is why Pioli and Haley have to stay a while. We need to give these great players we have the management and coaching STABILITY so that they KNOW....right in the center of their gut.....that they are going to the SuperBowl.....and that they are going to win it!!!

Pass the crack pipe, I could use a hit! You're out of your mind. The Chiefs D has had more blowouts than good games. Blowouts. All their fault,.........well yep. Haley is no good at this on a regular basis. He has no consistancy. On a Must Win week, they had a total meltdown! Championship my butt. they suck.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM

Read the first part about Tamba Hali yelling and screaming. THAT RIGHT THERE is what makes a TEAM! Overcoming in face of extreme adversity and saying , of

See? that is what the chiefs need on a regular basis and by more players and coaches. To be so excited and wanting everyone else to have the excitement of unity, of TEAM, of "YES!!!! weg@*damnedwellcan!!!!!![I don't believe in taking the Lord's name in vain, that is why I changed it but you know what I mean]" I loved this quote because it is the blood of a team with heart! I praise Hali for saying what he said because someone needed to and it would of been better if Haley had the excitement that Hali has. Right now all the team and staff is doing is getting a free paycheck except for Hali because he wants the team to win.