PDA

View Full Version : Another Jared Gaither thread

Three7s
12-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Because the Chargers picked him up and he's starting right now on Monday Night.

Unfortunately, he's looked really impressive. I find it hard to believe that he's worse than Richardson, yet the Chiefs just dump him aside. Mark this one under yet another failure for Haley and Pioli for failing to recognize talent under their nose.

#58ChiefsFan
12-05-2011, 09:43 PM
In Pioli's defense it is the jags. I agree he has looked solid and is playing until the whistle but the health concerns are still there. I don't understand the waiving of him but well see at seasons end how he stacks up.

70 chiefsfan70
12-05-2011, 09:49 PM
I got a feeling we do not know the whole story on this. There has got to be something else other then how he played. As bad as our OL is and no depth?????? Just saying.

josh1971
12-05-2011, 09:50 PM
We'll see how he holds up.

Chiefster
12-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I saw him whiff on a block badly that nearly got Rivers sacked.

AussieChiefsFan
12-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Yea, he cant be worse than Richardson but there could be bigger story to this

Three7s
12-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I saw him whiff on a block badly that nearly got Rivers sacked.
That's about the only negative I've seen so far.

josh1971
12-05-2011, 10:28 PM

Didn't he also get called for holding?

Chiefster
12-05-2011, 10:29 PM

Yeah, otherwise He's looked fairly solid, but as stated before he is going against the Jag defense.

Chiefster
12-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Didn't he also get called for holding?

I missed that.

Canada
12-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Were we watching the same game?? He sucked!! He had one good block so Gruden could drool all over him and then he wasnt seen again for the rest of the game. He was picked up by the Chiefs for the league min, was "injured" most of the time and got beat or penalized when he was in the game. He is no loss...the Chargers can have him. I know people want to blame Pioli and Haley for everything and anything, but this is not a failure and Gaither will not be missed. Dont make this out to be another Jared Allen situation.

Seek
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I have a feeling this is more related to him not being the right 53. At least that is what I am hoping. Not pleased at all that he could not start over Richardson.

Chiefster
12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Were we watching the same game?? He sucked!! He had one good block so Gruden could drool all over him and then he wasnt seen again for the rest of the game. He was picked up by the Chiefs for the league min, was "injured" most of the time and got beat or penalized when he was in the game. He is no loss...the Chargers can have him. I know people want to blame Pioli and Haley for everything and anything, but this is not a failure and Gaither will not be missed. Dont make this out to be another Jared Allen situation.

I agree; against the Jag defense, who was missing about three of their starters, what good he did was not exactly a litmus test.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Gaither might be looking good with the Chargers but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have let him go. Sometimes a player just doesn't fit with a team. I think that might have been the case with him and the Chiefs.

josh1971
12-07-2011, 12:34 AM
I hope that this Mims kid is pretty good- I'd love to see anyone beat out Richardson on the right end of the line.