PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Weis to the Jayhawks??

Canada
12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Looks like him leaving the Chiefs to be closer to his son was bullsh!t!!

Kansas Football Coaching Candidate: Charlie Weis - Rock Chalk Talk (http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2011/12/8/2620468/kansas-football-coaching-candidate-charlie-weis)

OPLookn
12-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Yep, I wondered if it wasn't a rift between Haley and Weis. Just goes to prove that Haley has to have his hands in the offense instead of letting go. Unfortunately this won't be solved until Hunt or Pioli step in and say you're either the HC or an OC, your choice.

wolfpack
12-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Can`t see it happening. Ku football is to small of a program for him. Plus, they have no talent. All of ku money goes to the basketball program.
I have always thought that hailey was the fault why weis left. It just hapeened that his son needed a OC and a way for weis to leave will out making a mess.

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Can`t see it happening. Ku football is to small of a program for him. Plus, they have no talent. All of ku money goes to the basketball program.
I have always thought that hailey was the fault why weis left. It just hapeened that his son needed a OC and a way for weis to leave will out making a mess.

Not a jayhawk fan but they never should of fired mangini gill took them back a few yrs. The jayhawks were a bcs program 4 yrs ago. They will pay for a good coach and it ends up being about the money.

okikcfan
12-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Maybe he just didn't like the BBQ's in KC?

OPLookn
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Maybe he just didn't like the BBQ's in KC?

Next you'll say that fish don't like water.

:lol:

#58ChiefsFan
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I think Charlie has commitment issues :efpge:

70 chiefsfan70
12-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I thought all along that Weis got sick of being told how to run an offense.

Bike
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Channel 5 just reported that Weis is new HC at KU.

Canada
12-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I hope everyone boo's him there!!

#58ChiefsFan
12-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Is HC at KU that much better than OC in KC? Looks like a middle finger to Haley to me.

AussieChiefsFan
12-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Wish he as still OC here in KC

2010chiefs
12-08-2011, 10:33 PM
He was not happy in KC. WONDER WHY= HALEY! Everything comes back to him, including our QB situation!

nigeriannightmare
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
I hope everyone boo's him there!!

Why because he left a job due to being unhappy. Most people just ***** and dont do anything to change. Kudos to charlie maybe todd will learn to work well with others. This is a slap in yhe face to todd if u ask me.

tornadospotter
12-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Looks like him leaving the Chiefs to be closer to his son was bullsh!t!!

Kansas Football Coaching Candidate: Charlie Weis - Rock Chalk Talk (http://www.rockchalktalk.com/2011/12/8/2620468/kansas-football-coaching-candidate-charlie-weis)
Just kinda confirms, what many have though.

N TX Dave
12-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Who really cares if Charlie and Todd did not get along or Charlie left to be with his son and his main goal maybe was to be a college HC somewhere again. He might like the college politics more than the NFL politics. That does not make Todd the bad man just because Charlie came back to the area as a HC.

I don't care what reason he left for his heart was not into the OC in KC it was somewhere else for whatever the reason.

There are worse things than running off a coordinator that a coach can do like run off his star players. From what I can see the players have not given up on the team that Todd got going and to me that says a lot.

I think a lot of the problem this year was the strike and no off seasons and the coach not knowing what to do with the short pre-season. I look for the team to be better prepared to play the first game next year.

ctchiefsfan
12-09-2011, 12:47 AM
Thank you!!!!!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

2010chiefs
12-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Who really cares if Charlie and Todd did not get along or Charlie left to be with his son and his main goal maybe was to be a college HC somewhere again. He might like the college politics more than the NFL politics. That does not make Todd the bad man just because Charlie came back to the area as a HC.

I don't care what reason he left for his heart was not into the OC in KC it was somewhere else for whatever the reason.

There are worse things than running off a coordinator that a coach can do like run off his star players. From what I can see the players have not given up on the team that Todd got going and to me that says a lot.

I think a lot of the problem this year was the strike and no off seasons and the coach not knowing what to do with the short pre-season. I look for the team to be better prepared to play the first game next year.

Really! You don't see a problem with Hailey running all of our PROVEN offensive coordinators out of here (Gailey and Weis) and not hiring a Proven OC (Bill Muir). I DO!

okikcfan
12-09-2011, 08:12 AM

I agree! Nobody really knows why Charlie left the Chiefs. Was it Haley, Pioli, who knows. It's history. I was on the fence for awhile with Haley but he has beed good in KC. He has had a tough year this year. Did he mismanage the short preseason, yes I believe he did, but I also believehe's a good fit for the Chiefs and it will show next season.

OPLookn
12-09-2011, 10:17 AM

I don't understand this line of thinking. How is this not a problem? I'd rather see Todd running off some of his top talent than have him run off the OC every year because he wants to tinker with the offense. In my opinion doing that ruins the offense and gets our play calling to what it is now.

Hayvern
12-09-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't understand this line of thinking. How is this not a problem? I'd rather see Todd running off some of his top talent than have him run off the OC every year because he wants to tinker with the offense. In my opinion doing that ruins the offense and gets our play calling to what it is now.

This is how I feel about it. Think about the effect this has had on the offense, every year since Todd came in we have had a new offensive coordinator mucking around with things.

The offense was the best it has been when Weis was calling the shots, Haley cannot do both jobs, he has proven that, yet at the same time, we can't seem to keep an OC around either because Haley lets them go, or they cannot get along with Haley.

I don't think Haley is gone after this season, but I do believe he is only gog to get one more year to correct this ship.

okikcfan
12-09-2011, 11:33 AM

First of all you don't know that Todd ran Charlie off. We did pretty good with Charlie and why Charlie chose to leave is really unknown to everyone except those in the inner circle. Haley got what he wanted when Charlie came to KC, but it was also with the understanding his term there might be short. So now we know it wasn't really family as to why he left KC, or do we? Maybe it had something to do with the school he coached for or how he got along with the HC there? Can't blame Todd for everything.....

70 chiefsfan70
12-09-2011, 12:11 PM
First of all you don't know that Todd ran Charlie off. We did pretty good with Charlie and why Charlie chose to leave is really unknown to everyone except those in the inner circle. Haley got what he wanted when Charlie came to KC, but it was also with the understanding his term there might be short. So now we know it wasn't really family as to why he left KC, or do we? Maybe it had something to do with the school he coached for or how he got along with the HC there? Can't blame Todd for everything.....

You are right , can't blame him for everything, but we sure can blame him for screwing up this offense.

N TX Dave
12-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Are you kidding me you mean to tell me you would not be upset if Todd ran off DJ, Charles and Bowe because they said he was a mean coach that they did not want to play for for any money? RIGHT everyone would be wanting his head his name would be as bad as HE in KC.

The main point I was making is that we do not know why Charlie left and I do not know why everyone immeditly assumed it is all Todd's fault. Todd may not have wanted him to go for all we know. Maybe Charlie decided he wanted back in to college we do not know so why does everyone point their finger at Todd? I was not sorry to see Gailey go I watched him here is Dallas as HC and he just did not impress my or Jones for that matter he did let him go after all.

N TX Dave
12-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Really! You don't see a problem with Hailey running all of our PROVEN offensive coordinators out of here (Gailey and Weis) and not hiring a Proven OC (Bill Muir). I DO!

The point I was trying to make is how do you know he ran Weis off? Hailey may have wanted Weis to stay you, I or anyone else in here does not know, did he not recruit him to come here as OC? Everyone just assumes that Hailey ran of Weis because they have to have someone to blame.

Sure he let Gailey go and I do not care they were from different schools of offense, I did not really like Gailey I watched him here in Dallas as HC and he never impressed me then he was too laided back. Besides Hailey was a brand new HC and wanted his own people in place and is entitled to a few mistakes in my view. I mean the last person that was perfect they nailed to a cross.

chief31
12-09-2011, 12:54 PM
The main point I was making is that we do not know why Charlie left and I do not know why everyone immeditly assumed it is all Todd's fault. Todd may not have wanted him to go for all we know. Maybe Charlie decided he wanted back in to college we do not know so why does everyone point their finger at Todd?

I think the fact that Weiss stated that he was leaving, because of geographical location (proximity to family) and is already said to be contemplating a move back to this geographic area suggests that Weiss' reasoning is invalid.

And, if that reasoning is invalid, then we start wondering why the lie/cover-up.

Which strengthens the argument that he and Haley did not get along, which was already a suspected cause.

It does not prove the case of Weiss leaving because of a rift with Haley.

But it does lean the evidence that way.

And, with the shape that our offense is already in, those who want to believe Haley was the cause will gladly overlook the effect of injuries, and point to the poor offense as a result of Haley's "rift" with Weiss.

Myself, I am not convinced that Haley and Weiss had problems. But I am quite far from ruling it out.

OPLookn
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Are you kidding me you mean to tell me you would not be upset if Todd ran off DJ, Charles and Bowe because they said he was a mean coach that they did not want to play for for any money? RIGHT everyone would be wanting his head his name would be as bad as HE in KC.

The main point I was making is that we do not know why Charlie left and I do not know why everyone immeditly assumed it is all Todd's fault. Todd may not have wanted him to go for all we know. Maybe Charlie decided he wanted back in to college we do not know so why does everyone point their finger at Todd? I was not sorry to see Gailey go I watched him here is Dallas as HC and he just did not impress my or Jones for that matter he did let him go after all.

Nope, not kidding you because I said some, I didn't say all of them. Using the same reasoning you're using a player leaving isn't going to come out and say that they can't get along with the head coach. If they did there's a possibility people might start whispering the word diva.

Heck I'll admit my last boss I had I absolutely couldn't stand. He was the first person in my life I didn't respect as a co-worker OR a person. I've had one or the other but never both. Because of that it does influence my opinion and I'll admit to that.

I'm not saying that Haley is the absolute reason that Weis left. But don't you find it a bit odd that he uses his family as the reason he's leaving and then one year later you can jump on I-70, go 47 miles west and see Weis?

We all know Haley likes the offense run his way. The first year he ran the offense, second year he had to have his fingers in it, this year he's overruling calls and making his own. There's a word for that, micro-management and I haven't met a single person in the world that likes being micro-managed. To me that'll cause a rift and would cause a person to look elsewhere, it's what I did. I'm not saying that is what happened, that's just my opinion, if your's is different that's fine. We'll just agree to disagree.

:bananen_smilies046:

okikcfan
12-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Well and thats another problem, who really is calling the plays? I don't think Haley calls all the plays but I do believe he has plays he wants run, it's just up to him when they run them. We all know Haley was a very good OC in Az but look at his QB and Wr's at that time. If we had kurt Warner and that receiving crew we too would be a much better team. I like Haley, and I know this has been an up and very down year for us. There are a hundred reasons why this season has gone the way it has and plenty of blame to go around. Pioli and Haley both know where we are in great need on this team and I trust they will do there best to fill those needs in the FA and the draft as I'm sure we will see a number of people cut in the off season, some we will agree with and again, some we don't agree with. But mark my words, we will be a very good ball club next year and we will get better every year after that. We will be the team to beat in the AFC West in 2012, and it will be because of Pioli and yes, Todd Haley. I have Faith. So Chive On, F#@K Cancer and Go CHIEFS!

2010chiefs
12-09-2011, 09:06 PM
The point I was trying to make is how do you know he ran Weis off? Hailey may have wanted Weis to stay you, I or anyone else in here does not know, did he not recruit him to come here as OC? Everyone just assumes that Hailey ran of Weis because they have to have someone to blame.

Sure he let Gailey go and I do not care they were from different schools of offense, I did not really like Gailey I watched him here in Dallas as HC and he never impressed me then he was too laided back. Besides Hailey was a brand new HC and wanted his own people in place and is entitled to a few mistakes in my view. I mean the last person that was perfect they nailed to a cross.

I would not feel so strong about it being Hailey's fault or that Hailey wants to control the offense if he had just hired a Proven Offensive Coordinator after Weis left! INSTEAD he promotes the OFFENSIVE LINE COACH! WTF is that! Look at our offense now! That says to me IT IS HAILEY"S FAULT!

Chiefster
12-10-2011, 12:11 AM
He's not here in KC; therefore it really doesn't matter to me why.

Canada
12-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Why because he left a job due to being unhappy. Most people just ***** and dont do anything to change. Kudos to charlie maybe todd will learn to work well with others. This is a slap in yhe face to todd if u ask me.No, because he left that job in Week 15. Two weeks before we finished the season and had a playoff game. He signed up to do a job in KC. For the WHOLE season. If u want to leave after than, then all the power to you, but he CLEARLY checked out long before the season was done. I work with a lot of people that I dont get along with but I still stick around to finish the job I started.

70 chiefsfan70
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM
No, because he left that job in Week 15. Two weeks before we finished the season and had a playoff game. He signed up to do a job in KC. For the WHOLE season. If u want to leave after than, then all the power to you, but he CLEARLY checked out long before the season was done. I work with a lot of people that I dont get along with but I still stick around to finish the job I started.

Although I can not back this up I feel certain he was asked to leave. Its very obvious Haley is all about Haley, and Weis is a very smart and proven OC, and I'm sure He would not have just packed up and left, with the team having that much momentom. Weis didn't get his SB ring by being a quitter.

Its common for the person leaving to catch all the blame. Actually its smart.

N TX Dave
12-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Although I can not back this up I feel certain he was asked to leave. Its very obvious Haley is all about Haley, and Weis is a very smart and proven OC, and I'm sure He would not have just packed up and left, with the team having that much momentom. Weis didn't get his SB ring by being a quitter.

Its common for the person leaving to catch all the blame. Actually its smart.

How come you be so certain? Did a little birdy tell you did you talk to Weis were you a fly in the room? I could make statments on things I have no idea about and say I am certain it is so, that is what a lot of people in the media do just make a statement and people take it as fact. I just wish everyone who stop spreading rumors which is what you just did. There is enough to talk about the team that stuff does not have to be made up but I guess if something is repeated enough by enough different people it will be the truth.

Everyone needs to read this artical read (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Arrowhead-Report-Chiefs-staff-wishes-Weis-well-at-Kansas/b8fdf012-762e-4d13-81df-dc518e8c26ad) it addresses this exact item.

70 chiefsfan70
12-10-2011, 03:59 PM
How come you be so certain? Did a little birdy tell you did you talk to Weis were you a fly in the room? I could make statments on things I have no idea about and say I am certain it is so, that is what a lot of people in the media do just make a statement and people take it as fact. I just wish everyone who stop spreading rumors which is what you just did. There is enough to talk about the team that stuff does not have to be made up but I guess if something is repeated enough by enough different people it will be the truth.

Everyone needs to read this artical read (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Arrowhead-Report-Chiefs-staff-wishes-Weis-well-at-Kansas/b8fdf012-762e-4d13-81df-dc518e8c26ad) it addresses this exact item.

First what "artical" do you think I need to read?

Oh and if you would have read what I wrote you would have seen that I wrote "I FEEL certain". And yes that is an opinion, not facts! I started in by saying I can't back this up. What part of that confused you so badly?

I think anyone who knows Weis, knows he didn't just wake up and say Today I'm leaving this job, its just going too well.

Again there is no need to attack me because you don't agree with me. I love listening to other opinions even when I don't agree with them.

Oh an no birdies, I don't drink enough.....lol

ctchiefsfan
12-10-2011, 04:15 PM
No, because he left that job in Week 15. Two weeks before we finished the season and had a playoff game. He signed up to do a job in KC. For the WHOLE season. If u want to leave after than, then all the power to you, but he CLEARLY checked out long before the season was done. I work with a lot of people that I dont get along with but I still stick around to finish the job I started.

VERY WELL SAID Canada!!!

No matter how you slice it, no matter why it happened, Weis pulled a CHICKEN RUN on our Chiefs!!! Once he had that deal down in Florida his head wasn't on his job in KC and he didn't much give a damn. And that is Weis' fault and nobody else's!

That might have been forgiveable if we were 6-9 and had no shot at the playoffs but to do what he did after everything the players had done all year to put us in the playoffs and show that we had the makings of a contender was just flat out unprofessional!

MAY A POX BE UPON HIS HOUSE!!!