PDA

View Full Version : Orton doubtful

marloweopatchiefs
12-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe it will be stanzi time if palko gets hurt.

KCChiefs.com | Injury Report (http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/injury-report.html)

toyotapower
12-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Let's hope orton can go

okikcfan
12-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Ok so we are 5-7 right, Orton is out so after the Jets and the Packers we will be 5-9. Orton comes in and does good we can turn out a 7-9 season. Yea wtf just start Stanzi next week, can't hurt. Lets see what he's got. 2.5 million didn't get us anything so far.

SIC J
12-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Ok so we are 5-7 right, Orton is out so after the Jets and the Packers we will be 5-9. Orton comes in and does good we can turn out a 7-9 season. Yea wtf just start Stanzi next week, can't hurt. Lets see what he's got. 2.5 million didn't get us anything so far.

Jets haven't been playing very good lately. Chiefs D has been great. I wouldn't say it's going to be a for sure loss no matter who the QB is at this point.

chief31
12-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Palko did minimize his mistakes last game. Albeit, he fell a tad short of "lighting up the scoreboard". But he did limit his errors.

He has three games worth of experience now. And I don't see why we shouldn't expect a better outing this time.

The Jets are still a pretty tough defense. But he is getting used to seeing tough defenses, after facing The Steelers, and The Bears, the past two games.

I just don't get the mentality of taking a very limited showing of Palko's ability, and just assuming that that is as good as it gets.

Yes, he has been pretty bad for three games.

But I am certain that he is capable of getting better results than the last three games.

Would four weeks of working on timing with first-team receivers not give him a better chance of throwing the football at the correct times, and places?

Nobody thinks that four weeks of practice would improve a first time starter's chances of doing well?

He may well come out and stink it up.

But to make such a confident judgement, with so little evidence.... Well, let's just say that if I were a judge, I would be failing in my civil duty if I did not disqualify you as jurors, seeing such arbitrary rationality.

okikcfan
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Palko did minimize his mistakes last game. Albeit, he fell a tad short of "lighting up the scoreboard". But he did limit his errors.

He has three games worth of experience now. And I don't see why we shouldn't expect a better outing this time.

The Jets are still a pretty tough defense. But he is getting used to seeing tough defenses, after facing The Steelers, and The Bears, the past two games.

I just don't get the mentality of taking a very limited showing of Palko's ability, and just assuming that that is as good as it gets.

But I am certain that he is capable of getting better results than the last three games.

Would four weeks of working on timing with first-team receivers not give him a better chance of throwing the football at the correct times, and places?

Nobody thinks that four weeks of practice would improve a first time starter's chances of doing well?

But to make such a confident judgement, with so little evidence.... Well, let's just say that if I were a judge, I would be failing in my civil duty if I did not disqualify you as jurors, seeing such arbitrary rationality.

:yahoo: :bounce016: :bounce016: :yahoo:

2010chiefs
12-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Why does it matter if he improves a lil. He won't be the starter next year, that's for sure. Let's see what Stanzi can do for at least one quarter! If Tebow can win games. Why not Stanzi!

KCraised
12-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Why does it matter if he improves a lil. He won't be the starter next year, that's for sure. Let's see what Stanzi can do for at least one quarter! If Tebow can win games. Why not Stanzi!

What's the reluctance with Stanzi, anyways? Maybe I missed something. I haven't been following all the qb drama, lately. I heard comments of protecting him. I read in a sports column that he is "inept". Heard him in an interview about a month back and he sounded like a pretty sharp guy. Is he incompetent in practices? He didnt look bad in preseason, from what I remember. Palko has played poorly so whats the big risk?

chief31
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Why does it matter if he improves a lil. He won't be the starter next year, that's for sure.

Well, if he improves enough to get a pair of TDS per game, and the defense continues to play like they have for the past two games, then this team could win the division.

We are two games back, with a game left, against each of the teams ahead of us.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2011, 11:13 PM
We could be in for a LONG game if the Jets D plays well. Palko just won't be able to do anything against them

2010chiefs
12-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Well, if he improves enough to get a pair of TDS per game, and the defense continues to play like they have for the past two games, then this team could win the division.

We are two games back, with a game left, against each of the teams ahead of us.

If he doesn't get a pair of TD's. Do you leave him in there?

drstandley31
12-09-2011, 11:29 PM

Man I get that you are a true fan, and can look past the "past", in fact I admire it! But "a limited showing of Palko's ability". There's a reason he's been cut from every team and league he's ever been in! He doesn't have it! And there's ZERO reason that a team that went 10-6 last year and expected to do better, should have a Plako as the back up. That's NUTS. He sucks. He's always sucked. He's gonna suck until he quits playing. HE SUCKS!!!!!! He's not some great find that everybody else looked past, even the CFL thought he sucked!

ctchiefsfan
12-10-2011, 06:50 AM
I can't imagine Orton being able to play. Injured. Limited playbook knowledge. Limited reps. A questionable desire to play for KC.

So Palko is our starter. With more time practicing with the starters, he is what we've got. I don't like it, but I accept it.

Stanzi is in the wings.

Palko showed us NOTHING last week except that if he tosses the ball as far as he can and says a prayer it might be answered. Oh yeah....I forgot....He also showed us he can go a game without 3 or more turnovers. BFD! Both of those are supposed to be "givens" for any QB on an NFL roster.

But if he throws a pick, muffs the exchange or otherwise puts the ball on the ground I want his bleeding head on a pike!!!!

We don't have much to lose at this point and if our D can play like they have been we still have a shot at the playoffs.

If Palko screws up again, Stanzi should go in.

If Palko fails to put at least 1 touchdown on the board in the first half, Stanzi should go in.

Put the kid in and let us fans see if he is anything more than a waste of bench room.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

chief31
12-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Man I get that you are a true fan, and can look past the "past", in fact I admire it! But "a limited showing of Palko's ability". There's a reason he's been cut from every team and league he's ever been in! He doesn't have it! And there's ZERO reason that a team that went 10-6 last year and expected to do better, should have a Plako as the back up. That's NUTS. He sucks. He's always sucked. He's gonna suck until he quits playing. HE SUCKS!!!!!! He's not some great find that everybody else looked past, even the CFL thought he sucked!

And yet his completion percentage is at 62.7%, which would rank him 8th in The NFL.

And he has been pretty effective at converting on third downs.

5 of 11 Patriots
6 of 14 Bears
5 of 11 Steelers

16 of 36 overall. (Passing attempts only)

All I am saying is that, if Palko eliminates his mistakes, and gets, even just a little better, while the defense continues to shut down our opponents....

We can win. Not just this week, but from here on out, and even in the postseason.

I look at every single one of his INTs against The Pats and Steelers, and they all look like they were thrown to the wrong location, meaning his knowledge of the route, as well as the receivers' "timing" was off.

After an extra couple of weeks working with the playbook, and those receivers, I think it is extremely possible that he can get a whole lot better about putting the passes closer to where they are supposed to go, and that will eliminate the mistakes.

Maybe he is just terrible. Maybe those throws were off target because his accuracy is just that bad.

But I find it rather difficult to believe that The Chiefs coaching staff is so inept as to have a guy who is that incredibly inaccurate as the primary backup at QB.

You want to keep your snap judgment? Go ahead. Maybe Palko will never do any better.

But I think he has a pretty good chance of having a good game or two.

ctchiefsfan
12-10-2011, 03:50 PM
But I think he has a pretty good chance of having a good game or two.

That would be nice! But we need him to have 4 good games (for him) in a row. Starting tomorrow!

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

Chiefster
12-10-2011, 11:25 PM
May as well ship Orton off to Chicago where he wants to be. A dislocated finger and the guy is out one week later? DeBerg played with a pin through his little finger!

ctchiefsfan
12-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Very true Chiefster......

But then I seem to remember a dislocated pinkie finger pretty much wrecking a season for Roger Staubach and I don't think he was ever really the same again. And Staubach was certainly no malingerer.

I'd like to see Orton play. I'd like to see him compete with Cassel for the starting job next year.

If nothing else, I'd like to see him win a game or two for us as a starter this year so that maybe he had some trade bait value for the $2.5 Mil of Hunt's money he is going to collect.

chief31
12-10-2011, 11:41 PM
May as well ship Orton off to Chicago where he wants to be. A dislocated finger and the guy is out one week later? DeBerg played with a pin through his little finger!

Non-throwing hand in Deberg's case.:D

Chiefster
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Non-throwing hand in Deberg's case.:D

:lol: I wondered about that.

Chiefster
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Very true Chiefster......

But then I seem to remember a dislocated pinkie finger pretty much wrecking a season for Roger Staubach and I don't think he was ever really the same again. And Staubach was certainly no malingerer.

I'd like to see Orton play. I'd like to see him compete with Cassel for the starting job next year.

If nothing else, I'd like to see him win a game or two for us as a starter this year so that maybe he had some trade bait value for the $2.5 Mil of Hunt's money he is going to collect.

I would like to see the same actually; I wonder if he wants to be in KC though.

ctchiefsfan
12-11-2011, 12:08 AM
I would like to see the same actually; I wonder if he wants to be in KC though.

I have my doubts about that too. But y'know, it is time somebody sat down with the SOB and said "We'll give you what you want, but we expect to get something in return." It's not like Orton is the finest QB the world has ever seen and can do whatever he wants. He needs to tell Pioli what he wants and Pioli needs to tell him the price he is going to pay to get what he wants.

Am I being unreasonable?

Chiefster
12-11-2011, 12:18 AM
I have my doubts about that too. But y'know, it is time somebody sat down with the SOB and said "We'll give you what you want, but we expect to get something in return." It's not like Orton is the finest QB the world has ever seen and can do whatever he wants. He needs to tell Pioli what he wants and Pioli needs to tell him the price he is going to pay to get what he wants.

Am I being unreasonable?

It may not be for me to say, but I think that is entirely reasonable. :bananen_smilies046:

jap1
12-11-2011, 02:55 AM

I believe he is a free agent at the end of the year. So either way he can go wherever he wants at the end of the season.

ctchiefsfan
12-11-2011, 04:02 AM
I believe he is a free agent at the end of the year. So either way he can go wherever he wants at the end of the season.

Quite right. But as I mentioned, Orton is no first line star QB who can afford to burn bridges because his talents are so great. If he has any sense at all, he is going to want to leave KC on good terms. Doing otherwise has a way of biting players in the butt.

Three7s
12-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Anyone who thinks Palko is leading the Chiefs to the division is out of their mind.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Orton is certainly not Aaron Rodgers but at this point, if healthy he is the Chiefs best option.

toyotapower
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Orton is inactive for todays game...

ctchiefsfan
12-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Orton is certainly not Aaron Rodgers but at this point, if healthy he is the Chiefs best option.

That is for certain!