PDA

View Full Version : It's officially time to sart thinking about next year...

Bike
12-11-2011, 04:17 PM
With 8 losses and Green Bay next week, I'd say our playoff chances this season are over. So what do we need to do to start gearing this team towards the playoffs next year? Whatever we do, I say sooner the better.
1. New HC. Let him bring in his own staff. Maybe he is already on staff (Romeo or Zorn?)...Or maybe somebody else is out there.
2. All our other needs are well known. QB, OL, RB, NT (if we stay with 3-4), some help for Hali and DJ, safety.
The fact that we have all these glaring needs in this - the third year of the Haley experiment, speaks volumes on this HC's ability to take us to the Superbowl.

drstandley31
12-11-2011, 04:21 PM
NOT ROMEO!!!! I've watched him here in Cleveland. He's awful. You may think his DC abilities are ok, I say average at best. How many times have we been blownout this year? NO. Give Cower anything he wants to coach this team.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
NOT ROMEO!!!! I've watched him here in Cleveland. He's awful. You may think his DC abilities are ok, I say average at best. How many times have we been blownout this year? NO. Give Cower anything he wants to coach this team.
I totally agree but wouldn't Cower give less than best if he had a lovely paycheck just to do out his deal to just go to a better team?

drstandley31
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
I totally agree but wouldn't Cower give less than best if he had a lovely paycheck just to do out his deal to just go to a better team?
I'm not sure I understand. but no, a coach like Bill Cower would not give less than best in any circumstance. He walked the KC sidelines once before, I want him back. I've always wanted him back, I hated that we lost him.

okikcfan
12-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Sorry but I think it in our best intrest to keep Haley. Bill Cowher will not be coaching next year, his words. Did you really feel with Palko under center that we would pull this one off? Really. He hasn't scored a touchdown untill today and no, last weeks hail mary doesn't count. You bring in a new coach and we start all over. Everybody will be back next year. QB,QB,QB is what we really need. Cassel is not the man and Palko is not even a decent back up. With a good draft and FA next year and all of our injured players back , we will be a much better team next year. Haley isn't going any place.

drstandley31
12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Sorry but I think it in our best intrest to keep Haley. Bill Cowher will not be coaching next year, his words. Did you really feel with Palko under center that we would pull this one off? Really. He hasn't scored a touchdown untill today and no, last weeks hail mary doesn't count. You bring in a new coach and we start all over. Everybody will be back next year. QB,QB,QB is what we really need. Cassel is not the man and Palko is not even a decent back up. With a good draft and FA next year and all of our injured players back , we will be a much better team next year. Haley isn't going any place.
Cowher or not, haley's not the choice. Did I think we could win with Palko under center... NO. I don't understand why Palko is on our team. If you're going to have a coach that makes decisions like that, how do you ever expect this team to get better. We had 10 wins last year, and we go into this year 25 million under the cap, with zero depth in the OL and Palko as your back up. Generally you build on success. No, not us. Did you see his melt down today? Not only was his team melting down, but he did too, and it cost us another 15 yards on the stupidest drive in NFL History! Jets managed to understand this was an important game today, too bad we didn't.

chief31
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Cowher or not, haley's not the choice. Did I think we could win with Palko under center... NO. I don't understand why Palko is on our team. If you're going to have a coach that makes decisions like that, how do you ever expect this team to get better. We had 10 wins last year, and we go into this year 25 million under the cap, with zero depth in the OL and Palko as your back up. Generally you build on success. No, not us.

Maybe because we have gotten better?

Facts trump frantic speculation every time.

This team has more wins, in less games, than in 2008, 2009, or 2010. And that is even considering the massive loss of talent.

Did you see his melt down today? Not only was his team melting down, but he did too, and it cost us another 15 yards on the stupidest drive in NFL History! Jets managed to understand this was an important game today, too bad we didn't.

Are you frustrated?

Are you almost insane with rage over this team's performance today?

Hard to contain your anger?

If you were on the sideline, would you have kept your cool?

Pretty shocking that a guy might have bit of a "breakdown" today, isn't it?

drstandley31
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Maybe because we have gotten better?

Facts trump frantic speculation every time.

This team has more wins, in less games, than in 2008, 2009, or 2010. And that is even considering the massive loss of talent.

Are you frustrated?

Are you almost insane with rage over this team's performance today?

Hard to contain your anger?

If you were on the sideline, would you have kept your cool?

Pretty shocking that a guy might have bit of a "breakdown" today, isn't it?
Well to begin with, your numbers don't add up, we don't have more wins than 2010.
Secondly, it's the 4th time he's been in a position this year where he's had his *** handed to him. The first two games of the year when he had most of his team. Historic losses. Hey, it's a business, win or we'll find someone else that will. He made bad choices and the team is paying for it. You can spin this all you want, but this team should not be in this position.

Bike
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Getting slaughtered is embarrassing. Injuries do play a part, but not having competent backups is no excuse after three years of leading this team.

FAIL.

okikcfan
12-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Look, our QB sucks, our Oline needs alot of work, injuries play a part. This is not the worse part. Next week will be the worse part. We all knew going into this game the odds were against us. It should not be a suprise we lost. I for one was suprised we even got a touchdown. What you and I think or feel really doesn't matter. Haley's hands are pretty much tied with what he has to work with at this point. Orton's a sissy and Cassel in my book would not have done much better.

Bike
12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Look, our QB sucks, our Oline needs alot of work, injuries play a part. This is not the worse part. Next week will be the worse part. We all knew going into this game the odds were against us. It should not be a suprise we lost. I for one was suprised we even got a touchdown. What you and I think or feel really doesn't matter. Haley's hands are pretty much tied with what he has to work with at this point. Orton's a sissy and Cassel in my book would not have done much better.
You are correct. At this point, Its all about pride and a roster spot on next years team.

chief31
12-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Well to begin with, your numbers don't add up, we don't have more wins than 2010.
Secondly, it's the 4th time he's been in a position this year where he's had his *** handed to him. The first two games of the year when he had most of his team. Historic losses. Hey, it's a business, win or we'll find someone else that will. He made bad choices and the team is paying for it. You can spin this all you want, but this team should not be in this position.

This team, minus the heart of it's offense, it's Pro-Bowl #5 overall pick at Safety, it's starting QB, and with it's depth having been frequently tested to the fourth string, has won more games this season, than it did in 2007, 2008, or 2009.

That, in itself, is quite an accomplishment.

But this is a coach who led us from 4-12 to 10-6 and a division crown on top of that.

But you failed to answer my question...

With the way this team played today, you would have been the model of composure on the sideline, right?

drstandley31
12-11-2011, 08:55 PM
This team, minus the heart of it's offense, it's Pro-Bowl #5 overall pick at Safety, it's starting QB, and with it's depth having been frequently tested to the fourth string, has won more games this season, than it did in 2007, 2008, or 2009.

That, in itself, is quite an accomplishment.

But this is a coach who led us from 4-12 to 10-6 and a division crown on top of that.

But you failed to answer my question...

With the way this team played today, you would have been the model of composure on the sideline, right?
Well, as much as I hate oakland, they got it handed to them, and even an oakland head coach didn't do that. So what would I do, who knows, but I do know I have a highly stressful job in my space, and no, I've never done that. Stupid question, You nor I are in that situation. I know he now regrets doing it, if that helps. My point, he's in charge and has to take responsibility for where we are! PERIOD! Man up or take a walk.

chief31
12-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Well, as much as I hate oakland, they got it handed to them, and even an oakland head coach didn't do that. So what would I do, who knows, but I do know I have a highly stressful job in my space, and no, I've never done that. Stupid question, You nor I are in that situation. I know he now regrets doing it, if that helps. My point, he's in charge and has to take responsibility for where we are! PERIOD! Man up or take a walk.

So, with all the emotional rants you have shown here, you are confident that you would keep your cool?

No argument then.

As for holding Todd Haley responsible for where this team is, I do.

The problem is, this team has met, at least, reasonable expectations.

As I stated before, they have already won more games than they did in three straight years prior to last season, which was a success. (Thanks Todd Haley)

I am surprised that they have done as well as they have.

Bike
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
So, with all the emotional rants you have shown here, you are confident that you would keep your cool?

No argument then.

As for holding Todd Haley responsible for where this team is, I do.

The problem is, this team has met, at least, reasonable expectations.

As I stated before, they have already won more games than they did in three straight years prior to last season, which was a success. (Thanks Todd Haley)

I am surprised that they have done as well as they have.

Yeah we've gone from piss-poor to div. champs back to piss-poor.
Thanks Todd. Yeah, I know. Its the injuries.

chief31
12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah we've gone from piss-poor to div. champs back to piss-poor.
Thanks Todd. Yeah, I know. Its the injuries.

Better than we were when he got here, and even without the MVP, a couple of Pro Bowlers, and other starters and their backups.

Take Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, and a few others away and watch The Packers fight for the toilet bowl.

How's your big bet on the Colts' Super Bowl chances looking?

Bike
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Better than we were when he got here, and even without the MVP, a couple of Pro Bowlers, and other starters and their backups.

Take Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, and a few others away and watch The Packers fight for the toilet bowl.

How's your big bet on the Colts' Super Bowl chances looking?

Even you have to admit that losing Aaron Rodgers (or a Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Big Ben) isn't compapable to losing a Matt Cassel. Cassel is an nfl backup at best. And we drafted a tight end with a history of injuries. And guess what? He's injured. Jimmy Graham was there for us - the Saints had the forsight to get him, and we didn't. I'll give you Berry though. Devastating loss.
You blame injuries. I blame management. So be it.

chief31
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Even you have to admit that losing Aaron Rodgers (or a Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Big Ben) isn't compapable to losing a Matt Cassel. Cassel is an nfl backup at best. And we drafted a tight end with a history of injuries. And guess what? He's injured. Jimmy Graham was there for us - the Saints had the forsight to get him, and we didn't. I'll give you Berry though. Devastating loss.
You blame injuries. I blame management. So be it.

JC is our Aaron Rodgers.

Bike
12-11-2011, 10:06 PM
JC is our Aaron Rodgers.
Aaron Rodgers is another missed opportunity that was there for us to draft. Nothing against DJ - but again - its the story of this team for the past 4 decades. It looks like to me that nothing has changed.

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 10:51 AM
I say keep Haley despite what a lot of people think we lost most of our best players and our QB and still won 5 games. Look at the Colts they lost their QB and haven't won a game should Jim Caldwell be fired??

nicfre2011
12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
I say keep Haley despite what a lot of people think we lost most of our best players and our QB and still won 5 games. Look at the Colts they lost their QB and haven't won a game should Jim Caldwell be fired??

In a word...yes. The human mannekin is completely out-matched as an NFL head coach. His team now perfectly reflects his demeanor.

http://thesportsgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 11:10 AM
In a word...yes. The human mannekin is completely out-matched as an NFL head coach. His team now perfectly reflects his demeanor.

http://thesportsgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg

LMAO

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Wow! What a spectrum of emotional facial expressions. :lol: