Oh god no

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
OC? Yes. HC? No.

Bike
12-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh god no
Say it isn't so.
When will Pioli just leave his New England connections behind and build his own team? If he brings in JM, he can kiss his legacy goodbye.

marloweopatchiefs
12-12-2011, 11:53 AM
They are saying he is a strong canidate.

Hayvern
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
NFL Network has no idea, the team has not announced anything, I would be surprised if it is McDaniels, I think they will promote Crennel for the remainder of the year.

nicfre2011
12-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Say it isn't so.
When will Pioli just leave his New England connections behind and build his own team? If he brings in JM, he can kiss his legacy goodbye.

That is my biggest problem with Pioli...I want the Chiefs to have their own identity. I wish he would think outside of the "Patriot-box".

nicfre2011
12-12-2011, 12:15 PM
The whole almost obsession Pioli seems to have with doing things exactly by the "book" as what was done in New England reminds me of when I was little, my mom tried to pull the whole "what would Jesus do?" thing on me....I can picture Scott Pioli sitting there looking up at the ceiling wondering, "What would Bill do?"

matthewschiefs
12-12-2011, 12:22 PM
I think we will bring him in for an interview at the very least.

I am unceartain on this. I think he could be a Good head coach just like I still think Haley can be though he wasn't right for this team. I think McDaniels got a job as a Head Coach WAY to soon thanks to Tom Brady. I wouldn't be thrilled if we were to bring him in. But I would be willing to give it a look.

nicfre2011
12-12-2011, 12:24 PM
I also get the feeling that Cassel will be back. The Patriot Plan probably requires it.

azchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I think building upon a successful business model is quite smart. Now actually pulling it off is another thing. If you guys think Haley had problems getting along with coordinators, do you remember the fiasco McDaniels engineered at Denver? He is the ultimate in control freaks. He thinks he has all the answers and clashed with the rest of his coaching staff continuously. I really wished Haley could've figured a way to just make some improvements. But maybe we'll get lucky and we'll get someone who can catch fire from the start like Harbaugh in SF.

KristofLaw
12-12-2011, 12:37 PM
God no!!!!

chief31
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I would be ok with it.

matthewschiefs
12-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I will say I will take McDaniels over a college coach name me the last coach that came from college to do well in the NFL.

OPLookn
12-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Heeeeere comes Kirk Ferentz!

Jrudi
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I will not label myself as a Chiefs fan any longer is McDaniels becomes our HC, I don't even think OC would make me happy.

Tom Brady made him look better than he is. He single handily tore apart the Denver Franchise because of his EGO (we thought Haley had a big ego, watch out if McDaniels comes here) and also he is with St. Louis this year, and they have the lowest point total IN THE LEAGUE!! Averaging like 13 pts per game!! we already have this problem, we don't need to bring him in and stay the same.

The only College coach I could see us landing would be Ferentz. I could see us going a veteran coaching route, but not one like Cowher that would want control of personnel decisions. I could see us also promoting Romeo to HC and D coordinator, and finding a proven OC to lead our offense.

I also think Cassel is done, usually with a HC change comes a QB change....

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 01:52 PM
I will not label myself as a Chiefs fan any longer is McDaniels becomes our HC, I don't even think OC would make me happy.

Tom Brady made him look better than he is. He single handily tore apart the Denver Franchise because of his EGO (we thought Haley had a big ego, watch out if McDaniels comes here) and also he is with St. Louis this year, and they have the lowest point total IN THE LEAGUE!! Averaging like 13 pts per game!! we already have this problem, we don't need to bring him in and stay the same.

The only College coach I could see us landing would be Ferentz. I could see us going a veteran coaching route, but not one like Cowher that would want control of personnel decisions. I could see us also promoting Romeo to HC and D coordinator, and finding a proven OC to lead our offense.

I also think Cassel is done, usually with a HC change comes a QB change....

Cassel is Pioli's guy, but I do like Landry Jones he makes quick decisions which is what we need with our crap O-line, bud I don't think he will be available.

OPLookn
12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Cassel is Pioli's guy, but I do like Landry Jones he makes quick decisions which is what we need with our crap O-line, bud I don't think he will be available.

Actually I disagree, what better way to not admit making a mistake than saying well...I wanted to keep Matt but *insert new coach name here* insisted that he have his own guy brought in.

Pioli gets to blame any mistakes he made on Haley AND either get rid of Cassel or just say we kept him as backup or a challenge to the newly drafted QB.

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Actually I disagree, what better way to not admit making a mistake than saying well...I wanted to keep Matt but *insert new coach name here* insisted that he have his own guy brought in.

Pioli gets to blame any mistakes he made on Haley AND either get rid of Cassel or just say we kept him as backup or a challenge to the newly drafted QB.

I agree with your statement but I actually think Pioli likes Cassel, wants to keep him, and does not think he made a mistake.

jap1
12-12-2011, 03:10 PM
I will say I will take McDaniels over a college coach name me the last coach that came from college to do well in the NFL.

Isnt San Francisco's Head Coach one year out of college?

josh1971
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Just saw this quote (trying to track down a link):

Scott Pioli: I need to do my job better, improve the roster and improve the depth of this football team.

Hiring Josh McDaniels is NOT a way for Pioli to do his job better.

Paperbag Face
12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Whoever it is, I think keeping Crennel on as DC will be a part of the deal. The last thing the brass will want to do is bring in a new DC that might not run the 3-4 when we've been showing good progress on that side of the ball.

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !

AkChief49
12-12-2011, 06:31 PM
HE!! NOOOOOOOLL
I'm a little dyslexic :smile

chief31
12-12-2011, 06:43 PM
What, precisely, is it that we all hate about McDaniel?

I see a poor W/L record for just under two years with The Broncos....

And I see a lame offense in his only season with The Rams.

He got rid of Marshall and Culter, who were both outplayed by their replacements under McDaniels.

Oh, he traded away Peyton Hillis. So what? Hillis got some yards in 2010.

I mean, I get that some may think he has not done very well.

But, by the outcry here, I can't help but wonder if he was sleeping with some of our wives, or something.

He had The Broncos passing attack at the front of the class last year.

And that was only his second year of a rebuild. I thought three years was the rule for passing judgement?

Seriously, what is it that has so many of us ready to jump off a cliff over this guy?

jap1
12-12-2011, 07:05 PM

He got rid of Marshall and Culter, who were both outplayed by their replacements under McDaniels.

But, by the outcry here, I can't help but wonder if he was sleeping with some of our wives, or something.

And that was only his second year of a rebuild. I thought three years was the rule for passing judgement?

Seriously, what is it that has so many of us ready to jump off a cliff over this guy?

My problem is that he had teams with a complete lack of discipline. I remember there was a player or two who got into legal trouble (cant remember specifics) and the whole videotaping thing. Whether he condoned the spying or not, it happened under his watch. In the military (which I am in) something happens under your watch it is your fault, period.

From the perspective of being on the outside, he didnt seem to command the respect and control of the team.

That and he still smells like Donkey to me ... LOL

matthewschiefs
12-12-2011, 07:17 PM

I agree with you here. SHOCKING I NO LOL

He got a head coaching job to early. He was not ready. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good head coach. He made a ton of mistakes yes. But he also did some good things. There are a lot of guys there the he brought in that are part of the reason that they are winning football games. He took Tebow who just finds a way to win games at the end. They have a young WR in Thomas that is getting better. He did some good things. He didn't even get 2 full seasons as a head coach. He CAN be good. If we bring him in it CAN turn out to be good.

I myself would rather have Mcdaniles then any coach out of college. College coaches just don't turn out well in the NFL. I can't think of the last time that it worked.

jap1
12-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I myself would rather have Mcdaniles then any coach out of college. College coaches just don't turn out well in the NFL. I can't think of the last time that it worked.

It CAN work out well for college coaches. The key is college coaches that have experience in the NFL.

Jim Harbaugh seems to be doing a great job. Without a whole lot of personnel changes, he made San Fran VERY competitive.

I dont know college football very well, but everyone supposedly has been recruiting Ferentz out of Iowa. He has NFL experience as an assistant coach.

Im not sure how Ferentz would do in the NFL, but I dont think McDonkey is a very good coach.

chief31
12-12-2011, 07:36 PM
It CAN work out well for college coaches. The key is college coaches that have experience in the NFL.

Jim Harbaugh seems to be doing a great job. Without a whole lot of personnel changes, he made San Fran VERY competitive.

I dont know college football very well, but everyone supposedly has been recruiting Ferentz out of Iowa. He has NFL experience as an assistant coach.

Im not sure how Ferentz would do in the NFL, but I dont think McDonkey is a very good coach.

Someone brought up Harbaugh earlier, as a name of a college coach who has done well in The NFL.....

The thing with Harbaugh is that he was never really a college coach.

He was always working his way toward an NFL job.

He is not the usual successful college HC.

jap1
12-12-2011, 07:39 PM
Someone brought up Harbaugh earlier, as a name of a college coach who has done well in The NFL.....

The thing with Harbaugh is that he was never really a college coach.

He was always working his way toward an NFL job.

He is not the usual successful college HC.

Very true. But the key (and I think you are agreeing with me on this) is a college coach with NFL experience on his resume. Im not advocating a college coach (I dont watch College football outside of the Naval Academy), but I am saying we shouldnt rule it out.

chief31
12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree with you here. SHOCKING I NO LOL

He got a head coaching job to early. He was not ready. That doesn't mean that he can't be a good head coach. He made a ton of mistakes yes. But he also did some good things. There are a lot of guys there the he brought in that are part of the reason that they are winning football games. He took Tebow who just finds a way to win games at the end. They have a young WR in Thomas that is getting better. He did some good things. He didn't even get 2 full seasons as a head coach. He CAN be good. If we bring him in it CAN turn out to be good.

I don't really see much of a problem with most of his "mistakes".

He got rid of Brandon Marshall. So what?

He got rid of Jay Cutler. So what? He got Orton, and a pair of 1st round picks.

He got rid of Payton Hillis. Again.... So what?

Looks like the "disaster" he left in Denver is not so bad.

Tebow is winning in spite of the new coaching staff and front office, who had zero faith in him.

They are alone in first place, and have won seven of their last eight games with him.

What else?

All of his "mistakes" are looking pretty good right now.

The only things I have heard, that make any sense, are that his team didn't seem to be very disciplined, and that he was with The Broncos.

And only the discipline matter makes any difference to how well he might do here.

chief31
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Very true. But the key (and I think you are agreeing with me on this) is a college coach with NFL experience on his resume. Im not advocating a college coach (I dont watch College football outside of the Naval Academy), but I am saying we shouldnt rule it out.

Yeah. I am with you here. :D

GoHardorGoHome
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
OC? Yes. HC? No.

:sterb184: Josh McDaniels

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
OC? Yes. HC? No.

Eggsactly!

matthewschiefs
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't really see much of a problem with most of his "mistakes".

He got rid of Brandon Marshall. So what?

He got rid of Jay Cutler. So what? He got Orton, and a pair of 1st round picks.

He got rid of Payton Hillis. Again.... So what?

Looks like the "disaster" he left in Denver is not so bad.

Tebow is winning in spite of the new coaching staff and front office, who had zero faith in him.

They are alone in first place, and have won seven of their last eight games with him.

What else?

All of his "mistakes" are looking pretty good right now.

The only things I have heard, that make any sense, are that his team didn't seem to be very disciplined, and that he was with The Broncos.

And only the discipline matter makes any difference to how well he might do here.

Can't look much better then 1st place.

I think it would be a high risk high reward hire. If it works we could have a really good head coach for a long time. If not chances are we will be looking for anther GM and head coach in anther 2 years. I don't love the idea but I don't hate it either. Just have to see how it would play out.

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 09:47 PM
:sterb184: Josh McDaniels

Also let me specify he might make an ok OC but I hope to god he doesn't come to KC. Hopefully we get Jeff Fisher or someone of that caliber.

AkChief49
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Since Cowher is probably out of the picture I'm leaning towards Fisher. He's coached in a superbowl. Has a superbowl ring from the '86 Bears(he was on injured reserve that season) I think players can identify with that.

AkChief49
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Going back to the AFC central days(since 1995)-Fisher ended up with a 11-7 record against Cowher.

azchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
So has anyone actually watched the amazing McDaniels offense at work in St Louis? If you think he is worth a dang, please watch the end of tonights game.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Going back to the AFC central days(since 1995)-Fisher ended up with a 11-7 record against Cowher.
I really don't know much about Fisher except what has been said on this thread but I am more familiar with Cowher. Cowher, even if he would do it he would be very expensive. Fisher, somehow I think he would be in the price range Clark is looking for.

chief31
12-13-2011, 07:20 PM
So has anyone actually watched the amazing McDaniels offense at work in St Louis? If you think he is worth a dang, please watch the end of tonights game.

I hear ya.

But I don't put much stock into that whole situation.

The Rams are a mess, and McDaniels is in his first season there, implementing a whole new offense, with a revolving door at QB.

Bradford and RB Steven Jackson have both been hurt a lot this year.

Clearly, they need some improvements to their offensive personnel.

kcvet
12-13-2011, 07:55 PM
the donks are praying we get Mcstupid. wonder why????