PDA

View Full Version : Gruden

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Been hearing rumors about picking him up as our HC next season. Not sure how I would feel about that.

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Been hearing rumors about picking him up as our HC next season. Not sure how I would feel about that.

I would welcome either him or Cowher.

Jrudi
12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Would like it!

I think Gruden is more likely then Cowher. Cowher would want control of personnel decisions as well, and that would make Pioli expenable which he wouldn't want that haha.

I would love to see Gruden as our HC. Plus he comes from the Offensive side of the ball, so he would pair well with Crennel (wouldn't have to change our defensive scheme and start over)

If Gruden comes in, you can almost be, we are getting a new QB.

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 02:47 PM
I would welcome either him or Cowher.

I agree the man is good, but I kind of am thinking it would be nice to give a young passionate (not psychotic like Haley) guy a chance.

marloweopatchiefs
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Where did you hear these rumors? I'd take gruden over mcdaniels any day

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Where did you hear these rumors? I'd take gruden over mcdaniels any day

I can't remember it wasn't anything official just saying he wanted to coach next year and the Chiefs might be interested. I don't think anyone would take Mc-A-hole over Gruden.

Paperbag Face
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Gruden just signed a 5 year extension with ESPN in October.

I don't think he's going to coach next season.

azchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Gruden just signed a 5 year extension with ESPN in October.

I don't think he's going to coach next season.

+1 He said on the first show this season he doesn't miss coaching at all and that he had "the best job in the world right now". He is getting several million $ to be a critic instead of being criticized. I think I'll slip my waders on now. The kinsha is starting to flood.

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I agree the man is good, but I kind of am thinking it would be nice to give a young passionate (not psychotic like Haley) guy a chance.

That's what Clark was trying to get with Haley. Gruden isn't an old man.

figcrostic
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
That's what Clark was trying to get with Haley. Gruden isn't an old man.

True but it looks like it was just a rumor.

drstandley31
12-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Well, rumor or not, it's a nice thought. I'd love it.

AkChief49
12-12-2011, 06:22 PM
So you want to get rid of one abrasive coach and hire another? Did he not have a run in with, and I quote "that dog thing in Kansas City"? Just questions. I'm so stunned right now I do not know what to think. Probably seen it coming, but stunned none the less. I've been coughing for three weeks now. I'll have to go to my medicine cabinet(cupboard) now and try some of grandpa's cough medicine just to get me through the next three weeks.

jap1
12-12-2011, 06:40 PM
If he was ever going to come back, I can see him coming to the Chiefs. Just for the sole purpose of kicking the Raiders A$$ twice a year. He hates the Raiders for firing him, sometimes it even comes out in his broadcasts (a little less since Al Davis has passed). I doubt he will give up a high paying job with plenty of time off in the offseason, to take a job that would pay less and have more hours and very little to no time off during the offseason.

KCraised
12-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I hope we hire him just to see that psycho serial killer glare he always has;-P

chief31
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I hope we hire him just to see that psycho serial killer glare he always has;-P

BAH! The Chin was better at it!