PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our next coach?

bbacker51
12-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Bill Cowher

Jon Gruden

Ferentz

Jeff Fisher

Romeo Crennel

Bill Parcells

Len Dawson

josh1971
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
You left off the selection that will inevitably get made, since this stuff just always seems to happen.

Josh McDaniels.

I'll watch the Bears, or maybe soccer if our admin does that, but with your choices, based on who actually still wants to coach, I'd say Fisher.

bbacker51
12-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I left him off of there for that reason............I know Pioli watches these polls.

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
I would love to see Cowher get the spot.

My Second choice would be Gruden

Paperbag Face
12-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Cowher said at the end of October that he wasn't interested in coaching next season. Guess it could change but, like Gruden, I think he's perfectly happy making a ton of money from a cushy television studio.

Hayvern
12-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Bill Cowher

Jon Gruden

Ferentz

Jeff Fisher

Romeo Crennel

Bill Parcells

Len Dawson

You are missing a couple of options:

Marty Shottenheimer
Brian Shottenheimer

toyotapower
12-12-2011, 03:43 PM
You are also missing brian billick and eric mangini, either of which I would be thrilled to have.

bbacker51
12-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I know I missed a couple................really wish I would have had Marty on there. He's got unfinished business in the NFL and I think would love nothing more than to come back for a superbowl.

I also like Billick................!@#$ should have had him on there.

azchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Parcells, Gruden and Dawson is on your list? Really? Parcells is way too old. Gruden just signed a long term deal with ESPN and said he no longer wants to coach. Lenny is too old and been out of the game way too long.

Paperbag Face
12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Is Ferentzs' kid still at Iowa?

I remember him saying something about not leaving Iowa until his children have graduated.

nigeriannightmare
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
I would love to see Cowher get the spot.

My Second choice would be Gruden

Jeff fisher comes ftom a small market team his team always always compete despite talent levels. He is oir guy and im gonna love it.

stricken721
12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I know I missed a couple................really wish I would have had Marty on there. He's got unfinished business in the NFL and I think would love nothing more than to come back for a superbowl.

I also like Billick................!@#$ should have had him on there.

If you want me to add a couple more options for you just let me know which ones and I'll do it. :bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
12-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Coaching Change Press Conference (http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center/videos/Coaching-Change-Press-Conference/b0483e6b-2d3e-4abb-9460-3fbbbaae1523)

Enjoy- not sure if it will shed light or not.

KCraised
12-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately, Josh McDaniels. Pioli is hellbent on keeping a Patriots connection.....Peterson did it with the Eagles, Pioli with the Patriots. He can probably push McDaniels around and keep him under his thumb alot easier, he believes....

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Jeff fisher comes ftom a small market team his team always always compete despite talent levels. He is oir guy and im gonna love it.

He is much like Marty Schottenhiemer; made the playoffs but never the SB.

chief31
12-12-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't care for Gruden. (Probably due to his career as a commentator at games.) And I am not terribly fond of Billick either.

Billick is supposed to be an offensive-minded HC, and yet he never did manage to get a steady offensive output.

His teams were good. But I can't help but get the impression that Billick was along for the ride, more than anything.

AussieChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Having Cowher would be good, not sure he actually wants to coach anymore though. I guess of Fisher wants to coach he wouldnt be such a bad choice. Len Dawson would create a great atmosphere, being a former CHiefs SB winner and all. But im not sure how good his coaching is. Marty SHottemheimer would also be an interesting aquisition.

matthewschiefs
12-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I really don't want Ferentz. College coaches just don't do well in the NFL.

bbacker51
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Parcells, Gruden and Dawson is on your list? Really? Parcells is way too old. Gruden just signed a long term deal with ESPN and said he no longer wants to coach. Lenny is too old and been out of the game way too long.

I was kidding about Dawson, I'd still like to see him coach the last 3 games...............and provide color for the radio:lol:

jap1
12-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Handicapping early K.C. candidates - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/36952/handicapping-early-k-c-candidates)

Not sure if anyone else has already posted. I apologize, since I dont have time to sift through everything while I am at work, but here is ESPN's list of possible candidates.

Eydugstr
12-12-2011, 06:56 PM

Beg to differ...Fisher made it to the SB with the Titans, but lost on the last play of the game to Vermeil's Rams.

If Fisher, Cowher or Gruden got the HC spot...Wouldn't complain a bit. Definitely NOT Josh McDaniels.

drstandley31
12-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Cowher said at the end of October that he wasn't interested in coaching next season. Guess it could change but, like Gruden, I think he's perfectly happy making a ton of money from a cushy television studio.
Maybe so, but those guys are coaches. Players coach when they can't play, but they'd rather play. Coaches broadcast when they can't coach or need a break, but they'd rather coach. Both those guys will coach again. somewhere. It's in their blood!

bbacker51
12-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Heck with it, I'll do it. get ready to run the wishbone offense people. Mr. Okoye, Mr. Shields......... report to practice tomorrow. Mr. Deberg, you can hand the ball off. Oh yeah, Mr. Lowry, I will need you as well..................for onside kicks only!:lol: :lol:

AkChief49
12-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Beg to differ...Fisher made it to the SB with the Titans, but lost on the last play of the game to Vermeil's Rams.

If Fisher, Cowher or Gruden got the HC spot...Wouldn't complain a bit. Definitely NOT Josh McDaniels.

One of the better superbowls!! 1 yard short

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 08:32 PM

...Forgot about that. I stand corrected.

nigeriannightmare
12-12-2011, 08:47 PM

He never won one but got there, im not saying hes my choice we need someone that can put together an offensive scheme imo, but this guy we were talking to swears up and down fisher was fonna be our next hc. He didnt swear he said take it to the bank. Fyi i live in lake of the ozarks and theres a chiefs ambasdador fundraiser every yeat headed by walter white so we do see a lot of people from the chiefs organization im in food and beverage so i get to see them after theyve had a few....

gregkobe
12-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I agree. Cower Gruden Fischer Billick in that order

gregkobe
12-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Would not want McDaniels at all. Don't want a donkey reject

GoHardorGoHome
12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Bill Cowher

Jon Gruden

Ferentz

Jeff Fisher

Romeo Crennel

Bill Parcells

Len Dawson

I would crap my pants :fatlock: if Cowher became our fearless leader. I just don't see it happening. Somebody said in an earlier post that he just recently said that he does NOT want to return to coaching.

I like Fisher and think he is the most probable fit. This is a small market team and it's agreed that he would be a good fit in that regard. He's also a proven guy. I thought he would retire from Tennessee.

Remember though, Pioli brought in his "own guy" already. So no Josh McDaniels. This time they spend money to get a HC or Pioli is out. I think the Hunt family is wearing thin with him also (Pioli). At some point it was rumored that he may go also. He cannot afford to hire another "project" coach. They will go after someone tenured when the season is over.

I would love to have Andy Reid after the Eagles fire him. :sign0151:

AkChief49
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I would crap my pants :fatlock: if Cowher became our fearless leader. I just don't see it happening. Somebody said in an earlier post that he just recently said that he does NOT want to return to coaching.

I like Fisher and think he is the most probable fit. This is a small market team and it's agreed that he would be a good fit in that regard. He's also a proven guy. I thought he would retire from Tennessee.

Remember though, Pioli brought in his "own guy" already. So no Josh McDaniels. This time they spend money to get a HC or Pioli is out. I think the Hunt family is wearing thin with him also (Pioli). At some point it was rumored that he may go also. He cannot afford to hire another "project" coach. They will go after someone tenured when the season is over.

I would love to have Andy Reid after the Eagles fire him. :sign0151:

yet another always the bridesmaid never the bride type of coach.

AussieChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Would not want McDaniels at all. Don't want a donkey reject
IT'd be horrible having him

70 chiefsfan70
12-13-2011, 10:41 AM
IT'd be horrible having him

Yes indeed I would be quite upset. He may be ok for an OC though. But not my first choice.

Ryfo18
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't see it being a big name (outside of maybe Fisher). In my opinion, I see Crennel staying on as head coach, or someone not on this list.

70 chiefsfan70
12-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't see it being a big name (outside of maybe Fisher). In my opinion, I see Crennel staying on as head coach, or someone not on this list.

I voted Crennel, I see him staying as well, I would much rather keep him as DC though.

Ryfo18
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
We won't see a Gruden or Cowher in my opinion. They'll want too much control, much more than Pioli is willing to relinquish. That's part of the reason Todd Haley is not the coach today.

With Crennel, Pioli will still have full say in personnel decisions, which he wants. Fisher would also meet this criteria also, albeit to a lesser extent.