PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Hunt Competition

jap1
12-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Dolphins fired Sparano. They will be looking for a new HC just like we will.

drstandley31
12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Yep, I have to wonder if the Haley firing had anything to do with them jumping on the band wagon. Maybe they didn't want to lose "thier guy". Whoever that may be.

#58ChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Jags, Chiefs, Fins, Bolts, Colts and probably a couple more will be looking this year. Every team wants Cowher or Fischer so it will be interesting.

texaschief
12-12-2011, 07:18 PM
I saw a rumor that had Carl Peterson taking over the executive position there and potentially hiring Herm Edwards. lol deja vu

texaschief
12-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Jags, Chiefs, Fins, Bolts, Colts and probably a couple more will be looking this year. Every team wants Cowher or Fischer so it will be interesting.

Not THIS team. Bank on it.

drstandley31
12-12-2011, 07:20 PM
I saw a rumor that had Carl Peterson taking over the executive position there and potentially hiring Herm Edwards. lol deja vu
I would laugh my :mooning: off!

jap1
12-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I forgot about the Jags. They already fired their coach.

#58ChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Not THIS team. Bank on it.

Fanbase would have been a better term. I agree there is very little chance they end up here.

texaschief
12-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Cowboys will probably jump in the fray along with the Chargers as well. The Giants will probably cut Coughlin and hire Cowher. Chicago could also be looking as well.

MissingTBone
12-12-2011, 07:41 PM
And possibly Philly.

AkChief49
12-12-2011, 07:42 PM
this is only a question, no malice, contempt or anything like that. How does Marvin Lewis keep his job?

texaschief
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
this is only a question, no malice, contempt or anything like that. How does Marvin Lewis keep his job?

I've wondered the same thing. But, to the management's credit, there IS stability in Cincy and he HAS had a few winning seasons... plus, players REALLY want to play for the guy and that's a BIG plus in a small, unattractive market like Cincy when it comes to free agents and keeping players in-house.

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 08:16 PM
They'll land either Cowher or Gruden and we'll be stuck with McDaniels.

chief31
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I've wondered the same thing. But, to the management's credit, there IS stability in Cincy and he HAS had a few winning seasons... plus, players REALLY want to play for the guy and that's a BIG plus in a small, unattractive market like Cincy when it comes to free agents and keeping players in-house.

When you are The Cincinnati "Bungles" and a HC comes in and gets you to the playoffs, you STAY loyal to that guy through a whole lot.

Bike
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
When you are The Cincinnati "Bungles" and a HC comes in and gets you to the playoffs, you STAY loyal to that guy through a whole lot.

I think they could be a good team if they'd just change their uniforms...

texaschief
12-12-2011, 09:13 PM

EXACTLY

GoHardorGoHome
12-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Bring on Andy Reid.....I have a feeling he's done in Philly. Let Rome continue coaching up our Defense. Our D would be great if they weren't on the field the whole game. I don't care who you are, your D cannot be back on the field every 4 plays. Seriously.

Otherwise, Fisher or Schotty.....Brian or Marty. Cowher is waiting out the NY Giants and may still be interest in the Miami job. I say Fisher is our bet w/ Josh McD at OC because Pioli will be trying to get him.

Xanathol
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Here's hoping whoever comes in brings a decent DC that runs a 4-3. Its a crime to have Dorsey 2 gap his career away.

GoHardorGoHome
12-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Here's hoping whoever comes in brings a decent DC that runs a 4-3. Its a crime to have Dorsey 2 gap his career away.

I think if we ran a hybrid like the Jets, Ravens, & Cowboys it would complete our scheme. Not many run a 4-3 successfully in the NFL due to the spread and West Coast offense. I do agree that Dorsey is a DT and not a DE. We definitely must get better at stopping the run.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-12-2011, 11:51 PM
I agree about Dorsey, a football caeer is only so long.

Just out of curiosity, is Xanathol the name of some kind of pill?

Xanathol
12-13-2011, 07:33 PM
I think if we ran a hybrid like the Jets, Ravens, & Cowboys it would complete our scheme. Not many run a 4-3 successfully in the NFL due to the spread and West Coast offense. I do agree that Dorsey is a DT and not a DE. We definitely must get better at stopping the run.I agree - a hybrid would work as well.

Just out of curiosity, is Xanathol the name of some kind of pill?
LOL - actually just made up many, many years ago for an online game and just kinda stuck since its fairly unique.

kcvet
12-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Dolphins fired Sparano. They will be looking for a new HC just like we will.

his name is Cowher. and the fins want him

Ryfo18
12-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Rich Gannon and Adam Schein were talking about the Dolphins job on SiriusXM today. Both were overwhelmingly of the opinion that the KC job is much more attractive than the Dolphins job.

kcvet
12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I remember one year we had to play the fins and because a hurricane was on the way we played on Sat night. then got the he!! outta there as fast as possible.
poop on Miami