PDA

View Full Version : So what does Romeo do now?

Bike
12-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Does Romeo move Zorn up to OC?
Does Zimmer take over as DC? Or somebody else on staff?
Who will be our starting QB vs Packers?
Thoughts?

#58ChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Thoughts?

I dont see a move away from Muir for 3 games not much to gain really.

Otis Smith would be my guess for DC for whats left.

O R T O N has to play I dont care if he has a sore finger or not.

Mo Carthon will be huge in keeping this thing going in the right direction.

Heres to a new start :toast2:

Bike
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM
I dont see a move away from Muir for 3 games not much to gain really.

Otis Smith would be my guess for DC for whats left.

O R T O N has to play I dont care if he has a sore finger or not.

Mo Carthon will be huge in keeping this thing going in the right direction.

Heres to a new start :toast2:
Orton has to be ready. I just don't think he wants to be here. Play 3 games, collect 2.5 mil, and go home.

jap1
12-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Thoughts?

I would think Pioli would have something to say about all of those decisions. Especially the ones involving moving coaches around.

Bike
12-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I would think Pioli would have something to say about all of those decisions. Especially the ones involving moving coaches around.
Yeah - I think they will hash it out together. I don't see Muir calling any more plays though. I think that Zorn has to take over as OC...

Chiefster
12-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I would like to see either Orton or Stanzi vs the Pack, anyone but Palko.

matthewschiefs
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM

THIS

Would rather see Stanzi need to see what we have in him Ortons not going to be around IMO. I think we need to see what we got with that draft pick.

Hayvern
12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
THIS

Would rather see Stanzi need to see what we have in him Ortons not going to be around IMO. I think we need to see what we got with that draft pick.

Honestly, we can throw him in there, but we know what we got with that pick. We got a fifth round quarterback who is a rookie this year and could not beat out Palko for a starting position. The coaches have seen Stanzi, they know what they got, we can throw him in the game if we want to, but what will it gain us?

Additionally, what will it show us to throw him in against the Packers? Will it show us that he is a loser? Because that is what he will be.

All of you who are calling for Stanzi to be in the game, knock it off, we know what we got and we got nothing, if there was anything with this kid at all, we would have seen it by now.

KCfaithful
12-12-2011, 10:08 PM
You've got to be kidding me! At this point we've got to atleast try Stanzi! What was the point in drafting him if he doesn't play? It's not going to hurt him any to play against a quality team like the packers, may even give him a little bit of self confidence knowing that they are willing to give him an opportunity against a great team.. Idk about everyone else but I can't sit back and watch Palko lob ducks into 5 defenders anymore... Give Stanzi a shot, he did pretty well as a hawkeye. Just sayin

jap1
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Honestly, we can throw him in there, but we know what we got with that pick. We got a fifth round quarterback who is a rookie this year and could not beat out Palko for a starting position. The coaches have seen Stanzi, they know what they got, we can throw him in the game if we want to, but what will it gain us?

Additionally, what will it show us to throw him in against the Packers? Will it show us that he is a loser? Because that is what he will be.

All of you who are calling for Stanzi to be in the game, knock it off, we know what we got and we got nothing, if there was anything with this kid at all, we would have seen it by now.

Agreed. If he was expected to be a decent QB as a rookie, then he would have been drafted much earlier than the 5th round. It has been a long time since a 5th round pick as QB has been successful, and probably even longer since they were successful as a rookie. Give him a couple years with a good QB coach (Jim Zorn is supposedly a good QB coach) and then we can see what we have.

jap1
12-12-2011, 10:23 PM
You've got to be kidding me! At this point we've got to atleast try Stanzi! What was the point in drafting him if he doesn't play? It's not going to hurt him any to play against a quality team like the packers, may even give him a little bit of self confidence knowing that they are willing to give him an opportunity against a great team.. Idk about everyone else but I can't sit back and watch Palko lob ducks into 5 defenders anymore... Give Stanzi a shot, he did pretty well as a hawkeye. Just sayin

More than 50% of players drafted after the 3rd round are out of the league after 3 years. So when you draft someone at that point, they are probably never going to start. You have to get your depth from somewhere, and that is the later rounds of the draft.

As the 3rd string QB, a lot of times, your primary job is to be the scout team QB. In other words he is the guy who runs the opposing teams offense for the defense to get a look. You usually only know a small part of the playbook and usually get no time practicing with the 1st team. So to expect him to have any familiarity with this offense and the players is expecting way too much from someone who isnt expected to do much more over his career than be a backup and occasionally play a few downs when your QB gets banged up and is out for like a quarter or half.

Coach
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
If Palko starts this week, I think Crennel should be fired immediately. If not for Palko, this team would still be in a playoff race.

KCfaithful
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
More than 50% of players drafted after the 3rd round are out of the league after 3 years. So when you draft someone at that point, they are probably never going to start. You have to get your depth from somewhere, and that is the later rounds of the draft.

As the 3rd string QB, a lot of times, your primary job is to be the scout team QB. In other words he is the guy who runs the opposing teams offense for the defense to get a look. You usually only know a small part of the playbook and usually get no time practicing with the 1st team. So to expect him to have any familiarity with this offense and the players is expecting way too much from someone who isnt expected to do much more over his career than be a backup and occasionally play a few downs when your QB gets banged up and is out for like a quarter or half.

I don't disagree with your statistics at all.. But ding ding ding, there ya go! Put him in the the first string during practice, how hard is that? Are you not disgusted with Palko? Because he is awful, Orton is a Sally and doesn't want to be in KC anyway.. Play Stanzi, it's all we've got... Palko wouldn't start anywhere else in the league no matter the situation. Stanzi comes from a much more prestigious program than Palko. Stanzi was 26-9 as a starter and threw for almost 8000 yards on a team that was very run based with talented running backs like adam
Robinson, Jewel Hampton, oh yeah and Shonn Greene... He is ranked 3rd or 4th all time in all QB statistics at Iowa. Doesn't sound like a bad option to me..

figcrostic
12-13-2011, 12:23 AM

hell even Elvis Grbac what's he up to?

jap1
12-13-2011, 01:29 AM
I don't disagree with your statistics at all.. But ding ding ding, there ya go! Put him in the the first string during practice, how hard is that? Are you not disgusted with Palko? Because he is awful, Orton is a Sally and doesn't want to be in KC anyway.. Play Stanzi, it's all we've got... Palko wouldn't start anywhere else in the league no matter the situation. Stanzi comes from a much more prestigious program than Palko. Stanzi was 26-9 as a starter and threw for almost 8000 yards on a team that was very run based with talented running backs like adam
Robinson, Jewel Hampton, oh yeah and Shonn Greene... He is ranked 3rd or 4th all time in all QB statistics at Iowa. Doesn't sound like a bad option to me..

Im not saying he doesnt have more potential, what I am saying is that what we would see on the field wouldnt be an NFL QB. It would be a college QB playing with NFL players. Palko has been practicing with the first team even before Cassel got hurt. So he has that much more experience with this offense and players. If you were saying we should put him in with the 1st stringers at practice and move Palko to the scout team, then I would agree. Give him at least a week or two practicing and then put him in during the game.

tornadospotter
12-13-2011, 01:54 AM
I think Zorn is OC and as QB who knows, but would not be surprised if it does not change. To be honest, I am not sure untill the next game.

Hayvern
12-13-2011, 02:17 AM

Well the Spotter said it, but I will say it again. There are times when you sign a QB just to have a guy on the team to fill in when you need him.

The point I was making is that the coaching staff knows what they have, they see him in practice everyday, and despite his background and previous coaching, he is still what he is. You act like this guy has not been on the team all this year so far. What has he been doing the last 15 weeks?

Frankly, I am not all that impressed with his stats, he he put up those kinds of numbers at USC or in some SEC team, then maybe we would have something, he did this in Iowa.

Look, I don't want to see Palko anymore than you do, honestly, I think we should pick up the phone and ask Favre or maybe put in a claim for McNabb if we are serious about winning, but barring that, then it has to be Orton.

Let's assume for a moment that Stanzi is the second coming of TOm Brady, do you think it is a good idea to put this kid in a game behind this offensive line? Seriously? We have ended the career of one veteran QB, and killed off promising careers of two other potential quarterbacks, do you think putting him in the game would do him any favors?

texaschief
12-13-2011, 05:16 AM

Agreed. If he was expected to be a decent QB as a rookie, then he would have been drafted much earlier than the 5th round. It has been a long time since a 5th round pick as QB has been successful, and probably even longer since they were successful as a rookie. Give him a couple years with a good QB coach (Jim Zorn is supposedly a good QB coach) and then we can see what we have.

I started off responding to these statements by saying I disagree with the stated positions on Stanzi. While, I DO disagree with your positions on Stanzi, I also would like to give Palko one more week to see if a good week of preparation and perhaps a competent offensive game plan could help him bloom a little. While it will suck being that it's against GB, at least let's see if a different game plan could help the guy a little.

In regards to Stanzi, he put up some really good numbers in a pro style offense run by Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. If you really want to get excited about Stanzi, read these two articles:

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/Content/NFL-Draft_2011_Stanzi_2-23-2011.htm

http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/Content/NFL-Draft_2011_Stanzi_2-23-2011.htm

What do you think Pioli saw in this guy? You know what, he may not be ready but writing off Stanzi isn't a good idea in my opinion. Like I said a few weeks ago when Cassel was still healthy... give Stanzi 90% of the reps with the first team for 2 straight weeks in practice and let the kid go against Oakland and Denver and you might get a good look at what this kid has before you go pull the trigger on a top 10 pick QB.

If Stanzi IS what Pioli thinks he is... we may not need to draft another QB and could shore up a couple other positions by possibly trading down in the first round.

okikcfan
12-13-2011, 08:00 AM
We have to start Orton, no question. With Palko's past performance the last few weeks we have no choice. Stanzi against the best team in the NFL? Now that would be cruel.

70 chiefsfan70
12-13-2011, 08:19 AM
We have to start Orton, no question. With Palko's past performance the last few weeks we have no choice. Stanzi against the best team in the NFL? Now that would be cruel.

I agree. I think starting Stanzi could and would be a bad thing. It could ruin him and scar him for life. Playing against Greenbay is a huge step above College ball. If we have any hopes for this kid we need to start him in a less hostile envirement. I would like to see him in the last two games though.

nicfre2011
12-13-2011, 09:33 AM
I agree. I think starting Stanzi could and would be a bad thing. It could ruin him and scar him for life. Playing against Greenbay is a huge step above College ball. If we have any hopes for this kid we need to start him in a less hostile envirement. I would like to see him in the last two games though.

If Stanzi doesn't have the mental makeup to handle struggling out of the gate against the Packers, is he really our QBOTF? I think that would be selling him short...I don't think we are talking about David Carr here.

Hayvern
12-13-2011, 10:36 AM
If Stanzi doesn't have the mental makeup to handle struggling out of the gate against the Packers, is he really our QBOTF? I think that would be selling him short...I don't think we are talking about David Carr here.

That's the point, he is NOT the QBOTF. Who even said he was? Since when is a fifth round draft pack at QB considered the future of the team. Even Brady was not considered to be that good when he was drafted.

70 chiefsfan70
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't think anyone here expects Stanzi to be the QBOTF, I know I don't.

I think starting Stanzi against Greenbays D would be a disaster. It would likely ruin him, for any chances of being a backup. Keep in mind Stanzi has seen little or know snaps. He was 3rd string till Cassel got hurt then Palko had to step up and Palko got all the snaps, then we got orton and Palko and Orton shared the practice snaps........ I'm not aware that Stanzi has seen any practice time in the last month. I would like to see him start the last two games if Orton is still out, even if Orton starts I hope we play Stanzi some as we need to see if he is worthy of a backup spot.

I would like us to do whatever trade we have to to get Luck or RG3, I would prefer RG3. Even if we have to give a first and second, and next years second.

jb908
12-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Start Stanzi. We aren't making the playoffs unless 19 things happen. We know what we have in orton and whats his name.
Let Stanzi play against Green Bay. It will be tough. Then oakland and denver should be easier for him.
jb

azchiefsfan
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't think Stanzi is the short-term stop-gap, but I, too, want to see him get some play time. I don't think we'll draft a high round QB, so it will probably be Cassel-V-Orton next year and whoever loses will get traded. We need to see if Stanzi is a legit backup. We now have no doubt about Palko.

70 chiefsfan70
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't think Stanzi is the short-term stop-gap, but I, too, want to see him get some play time. I don't think we'll draft a high round QB, so it will probably be Cassel-V-Orton next year and whoever loses will get traded. We need to see if Stanzi is a legit backup. We now have no doubt about Palko.

THIS!!!!

Hayvern
12-13-2011, 12:37 PM

Guys, I would be incredibly surprised if we resign Orton. Remember Orton is a free agent after this year.

Chiefster
12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
Guys, I would be incredibly surprised if we resign Orton. Remember Orton is a free agent after this year.

I'm thinking this as well, although I would like to see him compete for the job.

azchiefsfan
12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
But because we claimed him off waivers, we have to be compensated. There are very few teams willing to take the risk for an oft injured QB to trade away draft picks for him. He is going to be in a corner to workout for us or have little or no takers later.

dbolan
12-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Whatever he does, it should NOT be the HC. He sucked in Cleveland.

As a DC, he is very good...Leave it at that.

If you want a short list of other failed (or sub-par) HC's that were good (or very good) coordinators..See below

Norv Turner
Josh McDaniels
Jack DelRio
Gary Kubiak
Pete Carroll
Etc, etc..

Chiefster
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Whatever he does, it should NOT be the HC. He sucked in Cleveland.

As a DC, he is very good...Leave it at that.

If you want a short list of other failed (or sub-par) HC's that were good (or very good) coordinators..See below

Norv Turner
Josh McDaniels
Jack DelRio
Gary Kubiak
Pete Carroll
Etc, etc..

I would like to see McDaniels as OC.

okikcfan
12-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Pete Carroll? He's with the seahawks first of all, This is what I dont like about coaching changes, not to say it should not have happen now that it has but, depending on who we might have as our new HC, EVERYTHING could change. I suspect we will have a new OC, Hell we could have a new DC for that matter but I hope not. Cassel could be let go as well as Orton who's contract is up in march some time. Everything at this point is up in the air. Our wants and needs are solely in Pioli's hands. I worry about all this but I hope Pioli will do better this time around, he has too. We have the players to be a competative team next year along with a good draft and FA. We just need a really good HC. So in Pioli we have to trust, we have no choice.

Bike
12-13-2011, 01:29 PM
We probably need to P/U a journeyman qb to back up Orton for the next 3 games. We could probably P/U McNabb for next to nothing. If Orton can't go, Stanzi isn't ready. If he was ready, he would have started the last 3 games...
I say grab Donovan - we need the experience.

KCfaithful
12-13-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm not trying to get after anyone on here because we all have the same love for the chiefs... But say stanzi does get put in against the pack, do you think he doesn't know the quality of team they are? Why wouldn't you want a chance like that? Idk, just my opinion.. If it was me in his position I would be more discouraged by seeing what was happening every week on the field, than I would if I lost to the packers in my first start...

chiefnut
12-13-2011, 01:42 PM
if Orton is ok, he should start, he gives us the best chance, that said once the game gets out of hand then we need to put Stanzi in just to give him a little experience and to see if he can spark the offense.

okikcfan
12-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Well I guess if your going to lose, it might as well be the the Packers, I would rather just like it better vs the faiders and the tebows, less chance of him getting hurt.

okikcfan
12-13-2011, 01:48 PM
if Orton is ok, he should start, he gives us the best chance, that said once the game gets out of hand then we need to put Stanzi in just to give him a little experience and to see if he can spark the offense.
Oh I have a stong feeling it WILL get outa hand. But it will be intresting to see how the players adapt to Romeo as the HC. Dear God, What if we won? :yahoo: :mooning: :yahoo:

Hayvern
12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm not trying to get after anyone on here because we all have the same love for the chiefs... But say stanzi does get put in against the pack, do you think he doesn't know the quality of team they are? Why wouldn't you want a chance like that? Idk, just my opinion.. If it was me in his position I would be more discouraged by seeing what was happening every week on the field, than I would if I lost to the packers in my first start...
It's called self-preservation, both in terms of health and career.

As a knew player, just starting out your career, knowing the team you have around you, I would opt to sit out. First impressions are everything and losing that first game will stick with you for your entire career.

Maybe I am a coward, but if I were in his shoes, and I had a choice of course, I would opt out this week and try to get the start against the raiders or the broncos. At least I would have a chance.

Three7s
12-13-2011, 02:38 PM

Just because they've seen him every week doesn't mean they know what they're getting. This genius coaching staff was fooled into thinking Larry Johnson was better than Jamaal Charles. If Larry wasn't a retard at the nightclubs, who knows if Jamaal would've ever gotten a shot.

I have incredibly little faith in the whole staff after some of the decisions they've made.

Vandelay
12-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Dear God, What if we won? :yahoo: :mooning: :yahoo:
Thats a good question:lol:

josh1971
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Oh I have a stong feeling it WILL get outa hand. But it will be intresting to see how the players adapt to Romeo as the HC. Dear God, What if we won? :yahoo: :mooning: :yahoo:

If we win against GB, the argument for Romeo as head coach, and whoever is playing QB for us gets stronger.

AkChief49
12-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Baptism by fire! I would rather see Stanzi in and Palkolio sitting on the bench! Do not care if Palko beats him out or not. I could stomach the INT's a little easier. They kept this guy over Brodie? I swear he gave the Steelers that game a couple of weeks ago. Revolving door at the QB position until we find someone worthy. We need a manager that is cerebral enough to get it in one try or he is gone! I'm so mad right now I could spit!!!!

I'm going Chevy on Pioli for wasting these last three years..........
"I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head. I wanna look him straight in the eye and I wanna tell him what cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four flushing low life, snake licking, dirt eating inbred, overstuffed, ignorant blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, d--kless, hopeless, heartless, fata$$, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotted lipped, worm headed sack of monkey $-it he is....hallelujah, holy $h-t ...where's the tylenol"?

70 chiefsfan70
12-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Baptism by fire! I would rather see Stanzi in and Palkolio sitting on the bench! Do not care if Palko beats him out or not. I could stomach the INT's a little easier. They kept this guy over Brodie? I swear he gave the Steelers that game a couple of weeks ago. Revolving door at the QB position until we find someone worthy. We need a manager that is cerebral enough to get it in one try or he is gone! I'm so mad right now I could spit!!!!

I'm going Chevy on Pioli for wasting these last three years..........
"I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head. I wanna look him straight in the eye and I wanna tell him what cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four flushing low life, snake licking, dirt eating inbred, overstuffed, ignorant blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, d--kless, hopeless, heartless, fata$$, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotted lipped, worm headed sack of monkey $-it he is....hallelujah, holy -t ...where's the tylenol"?

Yep, I got your point. It may be a little overkill with the ribbon.

dbolan
12-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Pete Carroll? He's with the seahawks first of all, This is what I dont like about coaching changes, not to say it should not have happen now that it has but, depending on who we might have as our new HC, EVERYTHING could change. I suspect we will have a new OC, Hell we could have a new DC for that matter but I hope not. Cassel could be let go as well as Orton who's contract is up in march some time. Everything at this point is up in the air. Our wants and needs are solely in Pioli's hands. I worry about all this but I hope Pioli will do better this time around, he has too. We have the players to be a competative team next year along with a good draft and FA. We just need a really good HC. So in Pioli we have to trust, we have no choice.

Yes he is but use to be the HC of the Jets and got the job due to his DC skills at New England(?) I believe. Sucked as HC then and not doing to well now either. Good DC...Good College guy.

texaschief
12-13-2011, 04:04 PM
In regards to Stanzi, he put up some really good numbers in a pro style offense run by Kirk Ferentz at Iowa. If you really want to get excited about Stanzi, read these two articles:

READ BOTH OF THESE

AkChief49
12-13-2011, 04:24 PM

READ BOTH OF THESE

NFL Draft Picks 2011 - Ricky Stanzi the Best QB in the 2011 NFL Draft? - Fantasy Football 2011 (http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/Content/NFL-Draft_2011_Stanzi_2-23-2011.htm)

NFL Draft Picks 2011 - Ricky Stanzi the Best QB in the 2011 NFL Draft? - Fantasy Football 2011 (http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/Content/NFL-Draft_2011_Stanzi_2-23-2011.htm)
they're the same article. but what's not to like? give the guy a chance. seems he boosts his play against bigger competition. He would certainly have that this weekend! "

"as we "weight" the stats for opponents difficulty...Stanzi actually improves his performance against the better competition. "

chief31
12-13-2011, 05:53 PM
It's called self-preservation, both in terms of health and career.

As a knew player, just starting out your career, knowing the team you have around you, I would opt to sit out. First impressions are everything and losing that first game will stick with you for your entire career.

Maybe I am a coward, but if I were in his shoes, and I had a choice of course, I would opt out this week and try to get the start against the raiders or the broncos. At least I would have a chance.

And, what would really have me wanting to sit is the reaction of this fanbase to their QBs.

Hell, Orton is already being called names, and he was only in for one play.

Combine that with the way this offense has looked in 2011, and I would be very very quiet right now.

On the other hand, going in and getting beat up might be the quickest way out of town. :lol:

texaschief
12-13-2011, 06:11 PM
they're the same article. but what's not to like? give the guy a chance. seems he boosts his play against bigger competition. He would certainly have that this weekend! "

"as we "weight" the stats for opponents difficulty...Stanzi actually improves his performance against the better competition. "

They shouldn't have been... try this one.

NFL Draft 2011 - Ricky Stanzi Wonderlic Score - Fantasy Football 2011 (http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_Stanzi%20Wonderlic%20_3-11-11%20%202.0.htm)

OPLookn
12-13-2011, 06:17 PM
Anyone that's played sports competitively would never, ever want to sit out because they're going up against the best. To be the best you have to beat the best. If I was Stanzi ready or not I'd be telling the HC to put me in and in the mean time study like a man possessed to learn that play book.

Someone had mentioned earlier or in another thread that 3rd string QB's usually run the opponents offense and know a small subset of the playbook. That's exactly the role *he who shall not be named* played last year. Stanzi is maybe 5 or 6 games of backup QB experience away from being at the same level of *he who shall not be named* minus the 4 or 5 years of 3rd string experience. Might as well see what the kids got.

I know it's a long shot but how cool would it be if Stanzi comes in and he's the second coming of Tom Brady? I can hear Cassell now...c'mon man! another one?!?

As for Orton the only reason I can see people with the name calling is that he's still fresh off of the Donks roster. You're not going to get any love until you've played for the Chiefs for a while.

Any way you cut it, if Orton can't go and Stanzi isn't ready let's put in Jim Zorn since I'm done with *he who shall not be named*.

AkChief49
12-13-2011, 07:16 PM
They shouldn't have been... try this one.

NFL Draft 2011 - Ricky Stanzi Wonderlic Score - Fantasy Football 2011 (http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/2011/NFL%20Draft/Draft_2011_Stanzi%20Wonderlic%20_3-11-11%20%202.0.htm)

that's it. thanks

I watched Stanzi play a few games the last couple of years on tv and when we drafted him in the 5th, felt it was a good pick.

Do not want to feed him to the lions so to speak, but would at least like to see something of him in one of these last three games.

chief31
12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
Anyone that's played sports competitively would never, ever want to sit out because they're going up against the best. To be the best you have to beat the best. If I was Stanzi ready or not I'd be telling the HC to put me in and in the mean time study like a man possessed to learn that play book.

Someone had mentioned earlier or in another thread that 3rd string QB's usually run the opponents offense and know a small subset of the playbook. That's exactly the role *he who shall not be named* played last year. Stanzi is maybe 5 or 6 games of backup QB experience away from being at the same level of *he who shall not be named* minus the 4 or 5 years of 3rd string experience. Might as well see what the kids got.

I know it's a long shot but how cool would it be if Stanzi comes in and he's the second coming of Tom Brady? I can hear Cassell now...c'mon man! another one?!?

As for Orton the only reason I can see people with the name calling is that he's still fresh off of the Donks roster. You're not going to get any love until you've played for the Chiefs for a while.

Any way you cut it, if Orton can't go and Stanzi isn't ready let's put in Jim Zorn since I'm done with *he who shall not be named*.

It was a slight exaggeration.

But I do think that Chiefs fans would be ready to see him gone, if he were to play poorly.

Canada
12-13-2011, 07:25 PM

Really?? When did u see him play?? I must have missed it cause all I have ever seen of him is a couple of throws in preseason. I know the coachhave seen Stanzi...the coach who got fired mid season...the coach who was terrible in your opinion...remind me again why we trust what he saw in Stanzi. What w have is a rookie QB with an opportunity to see some live game action.

Or perhaps he will throw a couple of nice passes, maybe not go 3 and out every f+"kin' drive?? No one would be putting him in expecting to see him win...but what would you call him if he did??

I can only hope that this is not the mentality of this teams management. He has never played in a real game and yet you are ready to get rid of him?? And for what...so Orton or Palko can play?? You say we would have seen the talent by now if he had it....where would we have seen that??

kcnation
12-13-2011, 07:33 PM
stanzi should be our starter the rest of the way.they need to see what he has going into next year.we have to find out if he is worth keeping around or not.im really not sold on cassel either,i think we need to look for another QB and one who can start right now.i don't have any idea on who is available but if there is someone we should take a look at them.cassell is just not a good QB