PDA

View Full Version : Haley was thinking about Quitting

jap1
12-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Haley saw ax coming, had talked of resigning last week - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/12/3315903/several-signs-that-haleys-days.html)

Here is an article in the KC Star that Haley apparently knew he was on his way out, and had considered quitting. I always thought the Pioli/Haley rumors were just that. I guess that was not the case.

AussieChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Yea I saw this :/

Hayvern
12-13-2011, 02:22 AM
I was always wondering about the Shabby look, it always seemed like he went out of his way to look like some homeless guy off the street.

What an arrogant ***, what else can you say? Man, and I was starting to warm up to this butthead last year.

texaschief
12-13-2011, 04:41 AM
A sign of a true leader... just quit. Piss poor form, Mr. Haley... poor form. A captain doesn't abandon a sinking ship. Hopefully this isn't true and this expressed position doesn't come back to bite you in the :mooning:

figcrostic
12-13-2011, 11:21 AM
A sign of a true leader... just quit. Piss poor form, Mr. Haley... poor form. A captain doesn't abandon a sinking ship. Hopefully this isn't true and this expressed position doesn't come back to bite you in the :mooning:

If I knew my boss hated my guts and wanted to fire me and the only way I could explain myself openly was to quit I would quit and so would 99% of people.

Chiefster
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
It's easy to say: "Hey, I was thinking about quitting anyway" after getting canned. Just sayin. :D

70 chiefsfan70
12-13-2011, 12:48 PM
It's easy to say: "Hey, I was thinking about quitting anyway" after getting canned. Just sayin. :D

lol..... Thats what I was thinking.

dbolan
12-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I bet Pioli did not tell Belichick how to coach. The GM should work hand in hand on PERSONNEL, let the coach coach.

Look at all the **** arse draft picks we have gotten. Some are really good and most are...well...Like our back-up QB's and our starting QB.

figcrostic
12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I bet Pioli did not tell Belichick how to coach. The GM should work hand in hand on PERSONNEL, let the coach coach.

Look at all the **** arse draft picks we have gotten. Some are really good and most are...well...Like our back-up QB's and our starting QB.

True

matthewschiefs
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
A lot of rumors and "stories" always come out when a coach is fired in season. Who cares whats done is done. And alot of what comes out is not true in most cases. Haley is gone. That's all that matters.

Hayvern
12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
If I knew my boss hated my guts and wanted to fire me and the only way I could explain myself openly was to quit I would quit and so would 99% of people.

I guess I am of the 1%. For me I would want to know why he hated me and wanted me fired. If the reasons were irrational, then yes I would quit, but I hardly think the reasons Haley was not fitting were irrational.

dbolan
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Everyone thinks about quitting in one facet or another of their lives

figcrostic
12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I guess I am of the 1%. For me I would want to know why he hated me and wanted me fired. If the reasons were irrational, then yes I would quit, but I hardly think the reasons Haley was not fitting were irrational.

After a lot of things I've heard it was a personality thing whether you like Haley or not he is an emotional guy and that passion got him to where he is.

kcvet
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
he should have saved everyone the trouble and resigned.

reason??? I have other interest im going to pursue

figcrostic
12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
he should have saved everyone the trouble and resigned.

reason??? I have other interest im going to pursue

I think if he would have known he was going to get fired so soon he would have.

TopekaRoy
12-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Thgis is such a petty little thing and completely off topic, but it really bugs me.

The Chiefs lost Sunday night, 37-10, to the New York Jets.

Read more: Haley saw ax coming, had talked of resigning last week - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2011/12/12/3315903/several-signs-that-haleys-days.html#ixzz1gUiqIy7f)

The last time I checked, New York is only one hour ahead of us.

It's no wonder the print media has lost all credibility with the public when they can't even get the time of day right!

Hayvern
12-14-2011, 12:06 PM
After a lot of things I've heard it was a personality thing whether you like Haley or not he is an emotional guy and that passion got him to where he is.

I doubt the reason he was let go was because of passion. I think Haley was pig-headed and inflexible, I have always felt that. I think it showed back when he fired Gailey as OC. He had his opinion about how the offense should be run and it was going to be his way or no way. I think he was getting pressured to make some changes to the way he was running the team and he was not happy about taking that criticism.

Of course I have no more idea about it than anyone else.

chief31
12-14-2011, 06:09 PM
I doubt the reason he was let go was because of passion. I think Haley was pig-headed and inflexible, I have always felt that. I think it showed back when he fired Gailey as OC. He had his opinion about how the offense should be run and it was going to be his way or no way. I think he was getting pressured to make some changes to the way he was running the team and he was not happy about taking that criticism.

Of course I have no more idea about it than anyone else.

I think it was a combination of Haley's attitude, and Pioli's.

If the HC wanted to run the offense his way, then the GM should not really be interfering.

Get the players and staff that your HC wants, and let him handle the coaching.

But, I agree that Todd was probably not the most popular HC around.

And defiance of Pioli's rules is ill-advised.