Robert Griffin 6-2 220lbs Injury Prone/Mobile/Acurate
3 Years 9590yards, Avg.Comp 66% 73TD 17INT 17Sacks

Andrew Luck 6-4 230lbs Protypical Frame/Durable/Acurate
3 Years 9083 Yards Avg. Comp 66% 80TD 21INT 21Sacks

Matt Barkley 6-2 220lbs Accurate under pressure/Durable
3 years 9054 yards Avg. Comp 64% 80TD 33INT 41Sacks

Landry Jones 6-4 230lbs Deep Threat/Durable/Pro style Off
3 Years 12218 yards Avg. Comp 62% 92TD 40INT 39Sacks

All four of these quarterbacks will be gone by the 13th selection in the first round. In my opinion based on schools, stats, size, and ability Andrew Luck and Landry Jones are the best fit for Kansas City. However Luck will be the first off the board and since Jacksonville and Washington both like mobile quaterbacks Matt Barkley and RG3 will both be selected by our pick if Landry Jones falls to Kansas City there is no reason on GODS green Earth we should pass on him. There is now position on NFL team that is more important than a QB.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 01:31 PM

All four of these quarterbacks will be gone by the 13th selection in the first round. In my opinion based on schools, stats, size, and ability Andrew Luck and Landry Jones are the best fit for Kansas City. However Luck will be the first off the board and since Jacksonville and Washington both like mobile quaterbacks Matt Barkley and RG3 will both be selected by our pick if Landry Jones falls to Kansas City there is no reason on GODS green Earth we should pass on him. There is now position on NFL team that is more important than a QB.

Completely agree Landry Jones would be an amazing pick for the Chiefs

TopekaRoy
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
I'd take any one of the 4 if they are available, but not if we have to give up draft picks in order to move up to get him. We can't afford to give up any draft picks with our lack of depth. In fact I think it might be better to trade down and pick up more draft pics if a team gives us a good offer.

jb908
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
27 TD's to 7 Int last year.
Like a 60% completion percentage. Not great, but not terrible.
Made the Pro Bowl.

His offensive was completely changed this year, plus he lost his two prized weapons in the first week of the season. Again, changing the entire offense.

Why are we so set on getting rid of him?

I agree, Matt Cassel probably isn't a quarterback that is going to lead us to the superbowl. But he will certainly take us into the playoffs.

I really don't want to play the game next year. Either having a rookie quarterback play or have everyone screaming for the rookie to play every time Cassel makes a mistake.

I think we have the players at the skilled positions on both sides of the ball. Lets concentrate on building the lines to let them work.

wolfpack
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
if cassel cant get us to the super bowl, why keep him? who wants to just make it to the playoffs? the goal is the super bowl, that is the final goal of all teams. its like finding the woman of your dreams,finally after years of asking her out, she says yes. you walk up to her door get asked to come in but you already have.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
if cassel cant get us to the super bowl, why keep him? who wants to just make it to the playoffs? the goal is the super bowl, that is the final goal of all teams. its like finding the woman of your dreams,finally after years of asking her out, she says yes. you walk up to her door get asked to come in but you already have.

A little confused by your analogy but I agree. We haven't won a superbowl in almost 50 years. I have come to the realization that because of the rules protecting the QB's and WR's that if you don't have an elite QB it's very hard to win a superbowl Cassel is not elite is average to maybe slightly above average.

OPLookn
12-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Made the Pro Bowl.

His offensive was completely changed this year, plus he lost his two prized weapons in the first week of the season. Again, changing the entire offense.

I agree, Matt Cassel probably isn't a quarterback that is going to lead us to the superbowl. But he will certainly take us into the playoffs.

I really don't want to play the game next year. Either having a rookie quarterback play or have everyone screaming for the rookie to play every time Cassel makes a mistake.

I think we have the players at the skilled positions on both sides of the ball. Lets concentrate on building the lines to let them work.

To me that's the same formula for Marty ball. Have a good season every year but get knocked out in the playoffs. No thanks, I'd rather draft a QB to put into development and have the controversy of if the new guy will take us to the Super Bowl.

KristofLaw
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
I would like Luck, Jones, Barkley & Griffin in that order. I don't see us reaching for Luck, but it could be nice, therefore I've been day-dreaming on Landry Jones for the past bit. Who knows, ideas could change before the draft but he's the one on my radar at the moment.

jb908
12-14-2011, 04:00 PM
How about just trade the first pick for Manning?

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 04:10 PM

Hell no!

Hayvern
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM

The serious answer to this is that we are too many positions away from being a contender to make a move like that. I would say that is our offensive line was awesome, and our defensive line could get pressure on opposing qbs, then we are there, but none of those things are true.

Manning would be knocked out half way through the season with this offensive line.

OPLookn
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM

I can't tell if you're joking or if you're serious. Trade away our 1st round pick for a guy that might have a year or two left? That's if he doesn't get knocked out for his career on his very first hard hit. That kind of move would be if we were Super Bowl contenders which we aren't, at least not in 2012.

Our 1st round pick needs to be the best player at our greatest area of need. Whatever Pioli and company decide that may be. I have to say if we traded our 1st for Manning I'd be pissed.

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Guys, I feel like a broken record here. Why in the hell would you want a QB who went the last 3 games without throwing a TD pass? And threw a total of 40 int's in 3 years? I am a lifelong Sooners fan and have watched every game Landry has played. He's very erratic and throws pick 6's and Int's way too much. He reminds me of Rex Grossman. I have nothing against him, I've always supported him but he is NOT ready for the NFL yet. Maybe somewhat on paper but he's going to make a lot of mistakes and get sacked alot.

No shot at Luck. If not RGIII then I would take Barkley. He's great when it matters most. There's no question that RGIII is by far the best QB in this draft. He has better numbers than Luck with a university and program that's NO WHERE comparable. He's a rushing threat but lethally accurate with the deep ball. The combine will tell all. Expect Landry Jones stock to rise but mark my word, he is NOT ready and MUST have a solid line to make good decisions. I would still say that Sam Bradford is by far a better QB. I would expect Seattle to go after him or Barkley if given the opportunity to move up in the draft.

Otherwise, let's build our O-line and get a punishing runner like Trent Richardson and go with Cassel or Orton. I would rather hang with Orton than draft another QB who throws a lot of picks.

Time will tell.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Guys, I feel like a broken record here. Why in the hell would you want a QB who went the last 3 games without throwing a TD pass? And threw a total of 40 int's in 3 years? I am a lifelong Sooners fan and have watched every game Landry has played. He's very erratic and throws pick 6's and Int's way too much. He reminds me of Rex Grossman. I have nothing against him, I've always supported him but he is NOT ready for the NFL yet. Maybe somewhat on paper but he's going to make a lot of mistakes and get sacked alot.

No shot at Luck. If not RGIII then I would take Barkley. He's great when it matters most. There's no question that RGIII is by far the best QB in this draft. He has better numbers than Luck with a university and program that's NO WHERE comparable. He's a rushing threat but lethally accurate with the deep ball. The combine will tell all. Expect Landry Jones stock to rise but mark my word, he is NOT ready and MUST have a solid line to make good decisions. I would still say that Sam Bradford is by far a better QB. I would expect Seattle to go after him or Barkley if given the opportunity to move up in the draft.

Otherwise, let's build our O-line and get a punishing runner like Trent Richardson and go with Cassel or Orton. I would rather hang with Orton than draft another QB who throws a lot of picks.

Time will tell.

You forgot to mention Mr. Jones also threw 92 td's to his 40 interceptions which is 20 more td's then your boy RGIII threw in his 3 years Jones also threw for almost 3000 more yards.

OPLookn
12-14-2011, 05:52 PM
You forgot to mention Mr. Jones also threw 92 td's to his 40 interceptions which is 20 more td's then your boy RGIII threw in his 3 years Jones also threw for almost 3000 more yards.

If you want to go that route you left out that Mr. Jones also threw 23 more INT's than RGIII did. That's twice as many and THEN some. As for the 3000 more yards that tends to happen when you have better receivers.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 06:13 PM
If you want to go that route you left out that Mr. Jones also threw 23 more INT's than RGIII did. That's twice as many and THEN some. As for the 3000 more yards that tends to happen when you have better receivers.

Jones is averaging 1000 more yards and almost 8 more td's per year that is huge difference no matter how you slice it. Yes he is averaging more interceptions but he also gets rid of the ball quicker and doesn't give up the sack 71 sacks 3 years vs Jones 39 sacks in 3 years that's 14 more sacks per year thats a lot and imagine that in the NFL it's going to be ridiculous this guy will not burn lb's like he does in college they will tackle him and snap his twig body. To my knowledge Jones has never been injured.

70 chiefsfan70
12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Made the Pro Bowl.

Cassel is at best an average qb, I would put him well below average. How many 4th quarter losses and how many 4th quarter wins? the man does not have it. At least not with this team. Our OL looks better with palko in there, and Palko is horrible.

O and the reason he had good numbers last year was an extremely weak scedule and a QB's dream, a hell on wheels running back.

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 08:57 PM

He also played almost a full year longer than Griffin because YES Griffin did get hurt and miss almost a full season, which means that Griffin would've in fact had better numbers and still much less INT's.

With the help of a new HC, RGIII rose a program from the dead that is no where comparable to the recruiting strength and stature of the Oklahoma program. It's like David vs. Goliath

Just a quick fact........Baylor had never beaten OU...........EVER.........until this year. And by the way, Jones DID NOT throw a single TD in that game. He did NOT lead his team to victory. Instead he took sacks on 3rd down, He threw an INT late in the game.

Trust. I'm a die hard Sooner fan. Even my car is SOONER RED and has a SOONERS license plates on front and the back. It's called the SOONERMOBILE.

Seriously, Landry makes major bonehead mistakes under pressure. I hope he develops but it makes me awful nervous taking him in the 1st round. In the NFL turnovers are what determines the outcome and OU lost every game where Landry had INT's. And he had a great O-line, unlike my boy RGIII.

okikcfan
12-14-2011, 09:05 PM

JEEEEZZZZZ, Why do people keep saying that. No more sloppy seconds! nuff said:whipping1: :efpge: :whipping1: :efpge: :whipping1:

AkChief49
12-14-2011, 09:09 PM

He also played almost a full year longer than Griffin because YES Griffin did get hurt and miss almost a full season, which means that Griffin would've in fact had better numbers and still much less INT's.

I'm asking, is the guy injury prone?

SIC J
12-14-2011, 09:09 PM
I don't care what the stats are. Fact is when they get to the NFL they all start at 0. If the player isn't put in the right system that fits their ability and potential, they are set up to fail.

Honestly I don't see the Chiefs drafting a QB in the 1st round anyways.

2010chiefs
12-14-2011, 09:22 PM
With Romeo admitting we have QB issues. It's also good sign that we could!

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 10:49 PM

With the help of a new HC, RGIII rose a program from the dead that is no where comparable to the recruiting strength and stature of the Oklahoma program. It's like David vs. Goliath

Just a quick fact........Baylor had never beaten OU...........EVER.........until this year. And by the way, Jones DID NOT throw a single TD in that game. He did NOT lead his team to victory. Instead he took sacks on 3rd down, He threw an INT late in the game.

Trust. I'm a die hard Sooner fan. Even my car is SOONER RED and has a SOONERS license plates on front and the back. It's called the SOONERMOBILE.

Seriously, Landry makes major bonehead mistakes under pressure. I hope he develops but it makes me awful nervous taking him in the 1st round. In the NFL turnovers are what determines the outcome and OU lost every game where Landry had INT's. And he had a great O-line, unlike my boy RGIII.

Are you being serious? Landry Jones played 3 years 09,10, and 11. RGIII Played 2008,2009 (he got hurt so I'm excluding it),2010, and 2011. If anything RGIII played longer then Landry but I am comparing the 3 years Landry Jones played and the FULL 3 years RGIII played. I have no doubt you are a huge Sooner fan but you are way over exagerrating his interceptions. 92 TD's to 40 interceptions is a good ratio escpecially considering how much he throws the damn ball 1603 attempts to RIII's only 1090 attempts that's almost 150% more attempts. So of course he's going to throw more interceptions but he also threw for 3000 yards and 20 more td's, plus he doesn't have injury problems.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm asking, is the guy injury prone?

The jury is out, he tore his ACL and missed his whole sophomore year. I don't believe he's been hurt since but it's definitely something to look at.

dbolan
12-15-2011, 08:46 AM
With Romeo admitting we have QB issues. It's also good sign that we could!

Romeo had QB issues in Cleveland too. How did that go?

GoHardorGoHome
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
The jury is out, he tore his ACL and missed his whole sophomore year. I don't believe he's been hurt since but it's definitely something to look at.

Since his injury he has become a pure pocket passer with the ability to convert 3rd downs every now and then. It probably has really helped him change his game. Man, I watched the Fiesta bowl back from OU vs. UCONN and sure enough, first time Landry got pressured he threw a pick 6. Seriously? Against UCONN dude. We don't need another QB throwing int's. Cassel did great against ****ty teams and then he fell apart against the Raiders and got us killed against Baltimore in the playoffs (I was there freezing my *** off). Guess how many times he threw to Bowe? Not one single damn time, not one!

If we can't get a franchise QB that can manage the game, forget about it and go after Trent Richardson or another physical runner and then build the line through draft and FA.

figcrostic
12-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Since his injury he has become a pure pocket passer with the ability to convert 3rd downs every now and then. It probably has really helped him change his game. Man, I watched the Fiesta bowl back from OU vs. UCONN and sure enough, first time Landry got pressured he threw a pick 6. Seriously? Against UCONN dude. We don't need another QB throwing int's. Cassel did great against ****ty teams and then he fell apart against the Raiders and got us killed against Baltimore in the playoffs (I was there freezing my *** off). Guess how many times he threw to Bowe? Not one single damn time, not one!

If we can't get a franchise QB that can manage the game, forget about it and go after Trent Richardson or another physical runner and then build the line through draft and FA.

I'm all for building the line but another coach might mean new qb. I hope Jamaal is healthy and we don't need a new rb.

OPLookn
12-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Are you being serious? Landry Jones played 3 years 09,10, and 11. RGIII Played 2008,2009 (he got hurt so I'm excluding it),2010, and 2011. If anything RGIII played longer then Landry but I am comparing the 3 years Landry Jones played and the FULL 3 years RGIII played. I have no doubt you are a huge Sooner fan but you are way over exagerrating his interceptions. 92 TD's to 40 interceptions is a good ratio escpecially considering how much he throws the damn ball 1603 attempts to RIII's only 1090 attempts that's almost 150% more attempts. So of course he's going to throw more interceptions but he also threw for 3000 yards and 20 more td's, plus he doesn't have injury problems.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to prove. First off RG3 doesn't have injury problems he had a problem..singular. It was the same problem that 3 of our starters have now a torn ACL. Past that he's been in every other game and to me has proved that he's back from the ACL tear.

As to your point that RG3 has played in more games...no he hasn't.

RG3:
2008 - 12 games
2009 - 3 games (ACL tear, out for the season)
2010 - 13 games (bowl game included)
2011 - 13 games (pending bowl game included in count)

Landry Jones:
2009 - 13 games (would have been 14 but Bradford came back for a game)

Landry Jones has more TD's and yards and I'd argue that it's simply because Oklahoma has always had good players including lineman and receivers. Jones has more time to throw the ball and can read through his progressions.

RG3 on the other hand hasn't and has had to scramble and run for his life through his years til this year where he's become more of a pocket passer.

They're both good QB's and will be drafted in the 1st round but we seem to have differing opinions who's better is fine. But saying that RG3 has had more time and that because Jones' #'s are better that he's a better QB is a flat out misnomer.

OPLookn
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to prove. First off RG3 doesn't have injury problems he had a problem..singular. It was the same problem that 3 of our starters have now a torn ACL. Past that he's been in every other game and to me has proved that he's back from the ACL tear.

As to your point that RG3 has played in more games...no he hasn't.

RG3:
2008 - 12 games
2009 - 3 games (ACL tear, out for the season)

Landry Jones:
2009 - 13 games (would have been 14 but Bradford came back for a game)

Landry Jones has more TD's and yards and I'd argue that it's simply because Oklahoma has always had good players including lineman and receivers. Jones has more time to throw the ball and can read through his progressions.

RG3 on the other hand hasn't and has had to scramble and run for his life through his years til this year where he's become more of a pocket passer.

They're both good QB's and will be drafted in the 1st round but we seem to have differing opinions who's better is fine. But saying that RG3 has had more time and that because Jones' #'s are better that he's a better QB is a flat out misnomer.

Couldn't edit the previous post but it should have been that in 2009 & 2010 Landry played in 14 games including the bowl game. Trying to type to fast gets me again!

Also forgot to include that RG3 has 2202 yards rushing in just as many games compared to Jones having -257 yards rushing (due to sacks). With those numbers included they probably have the same amount of yards or dang near it!