PDA

View Full Version : I don't want RGIII and no I'm not crazy

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Despite how many people on this board are saying the NFL is moving toward mobile qb's lets look at the facts

1) The current best teams in the NFL: Packers, Patriots, Saints, Forty Niners, and the Steelers not one of them has a RG3 qb, some of them like Aaron Rodgers or Ben Rothlesberger might be good at avoiding a sack but are hardly speedy qb's

2) Mobile QB's get injured more: Michael Vick has been injured in college, he was injured last year, and once again he's injured. RGIII missed almost a whole season due to an injury even Cam Newton who is a huge man much bigger and stronger then both Vick and RGIII hurt his ankle his sophmore year even the superman Tebow broke his fibula in college.

3) RGIII doesn't have the size He's 6"1 1/2 and only 220 pounds which I think he's closer to 200-210 range

They said the same thing about a guy that's QB in a little town called New Orleans.

4) In the NFL he will not be the best athlete like he is playing for Baylor. You must be crazy. If he can win the Heisman at Baylor, he will produce for a legit NFL squad, no doubt.

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy. Now I know you don't know what you're talking about. THEY ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION. LOL. And Landry threw 14 int's this year dude.

With all do respect, I'm a Lifetime Oklahoma Sooners fan and I was at the OU spring game, watched every game and Landry will be a bust on any mediocre team. Your recommending a QB who didn't throw a single TD pass in the last 3 games w/o his start wideout in the game. Really? Why don't we just make Tyler Palko the starting QB then?

Landry Jones doesn't have the footwork or the patience in the pocket and throws more int's then anybody in the class.

RGIII is going to get the same haters that Tebow got. What you cannot question is his will to win and the talent that would surround him in KC. No doubt mobile QB's get hurt more but the game is changing and so is the position. Look at his numbers and compare them to the caliber of team Luck, Barkley, and Jones had. Baylor is NO WHERE near the talent of those teams, he was sacked 23 times and STILL threw less int's, converted more 3rd downs, Passed for more yards, and threw more TD's (also ran for 9 TDs) all on a very ****ty Baylor squad in a very tough conference comparably speaking.

He will need some time to develop and we need to invest in a O-line that can block, but this kid ain't Vick, he ain't Tebow, and he definitely ain't Pat White. His passer rating against AP teams was ridiculous. Seriously.

I was right about Cam Newton and I'm right about RGIII.
It's the New Breed. Mobile but damaging in the pocket.

OPLookn
12-14-2011, 04:34 PM

I really see this guy coming out and being somewhere between Pat White-Michael Vick he has a lot of talent athletically but I don't see him making the hard throws. Lets face it he played on a team that used his talents well and he rarely got sacked if he played for the Chiefs which I don't think he will he will be getting barraged every play and I see a lot of bad decisions. My vote is Landry Jones he plays in an NFL style offense already, he makes very quick decsions, he plays in a tougher division then RGIII, and he has that NFL caliber arm and accuracy.

RG3 plays in the same conference as Jones does. The Big 12 lost 2 teams so every team in the Big 12 now plays one another.

Jones does play in an NFL style offense but he's too tied to the offense. He's forced a play simply because that's the play that's called. That will get him lit up with INT's in the NFL.

RG3 makes quick decisions as well, has just as good of accuracy as Jones and has the double threat of being able to run. Yes he's the best player on his team and he runs but it's because it's available. I'm sure once he's in the NFL it'll be communicated that unless he's got just enough room to squeak out he's either in the pocket or extending the play.

I've seen enough Oklahoma/Baylor games to want RG3 over Jones. If I had to pick, my order would be Luck, Barkley, RG3 and Jones. Barkley is excellent at reading defenses, has an accurate ball, USC runs a pro style offense and makes good decisions. A prime example of Barkley reading D's is the USC/Oregon game. Barkley carved up the Oregon D and had them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a side of leftovers.

Ryfo18
12-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I think the big difference, one that's well documented among scouts and draft experts, is that unlike the "mobile qbs" tag you apply, RGIII is an excellent passer in regards to both accuracy and arm strength. What's nice, is that he's not always looking at his first read and if it's not there take off. He is able to see through his progressions. While that's something he'll have to continue to work on in the NFL, the end result for me points toward a passer that's excellent in the pocket, but has the speed and ability to avoid sacks (similar to Rodgers/Roethlisberger).

jap1
12-14-2011, 04:50 PM
They said the same thing about a guy that's QB in a little town called New Orleans.

Acutally, I always thought they said he was too short, not too skinny. People's complaints about RG3 arent his height, it is his build, or relative lack thereof.

matthewschiefs
12-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I agree with not wanting RGIII OLINE first. No matter who we get at QB we won't get anywhere without making big upgrades to the o line.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Now I know you don't know what you're talking about. THEY ARE IN THE SAME DIVISION. LOL. And Landry threw 14 int's this year dude.

With all do respect, I'm a Lifetime Oklahoma Sooners fan and I was at the OU spring game, watched every game and Landry will be a bust on any mediocre team. Your recommending a QB who didn't throw a single TD pass in the last 3 games w/o his start wideout in the game. Really? Why don't we just make Tyler Palko the starting QB then?

Landry Jones doesn't have the footwork or the patience in the pocket and throws more int's then anybody in the class.

RGIII is going to get the same haters that Tebow got. What you cannot question is his will to win and the talent that would surround him in KC. No doubt mobile QB's get hurt more but the game is changing and so is the position. Look at his numbers and compare them to the caliber of team Luck, Barkley, and Jones had. Baylor is NO WHERE near the talent of those teams, he was sacked 23 times and STILL threw less int's, converted more 3rd downs, Passed for more yards, and threw more TD's (also ran for 9 TDs) all on a very ****ty Baylor squad in a very tough conference comparably speaking.

He will need some time to develop and we need to invest in a O-line that can block, but this kid ain't Vick, he ain't Tebow, and he definitely ain't Pat White. His passer rating against AP teams was ridiculous. Seriously.

I was right about Cam Newton and I'm right about RGIII.
It's the New Breed. Mobile but damaging in the pocket.

I'm still not sold on Tebow they are having him playing in a highschool offense and he still can't complete even half of his passes and if their O-line and defense wasn't so good and he didn't play in such a weak *** division he would be getting killed and I actually like Tebow but he is not a good qb at the NFL level. The reason I brought up his size is because he is a runner and will get killed, remember were talking about a player that got injured and was put out for the whole year in college think about what the NFL players will do to him. I want consistency not a guy that will be fun to watch a couple years until he gets permanetly injured I want a guy playing for us for 10+ years thats how you win super bowls I'm tired of the gimmicks and trying to get players that are a jack of all trades master of known like mccluster and javier arenas. I want guys that do 1 or 2 things and do it the best like Tamba Hali. As far as Heismans go didn't Matt Leinhart win a Heisman? And what's he been up to? Oh yeah and remember that one guy that was a pretty good runner hmm oh yeah Vince Young yeah he came in second in the Heisman and not much since then... isn't he a backup now to another runnner who constantly gets injured...no thanks.

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the big difference, one that's well documented among scouts and draft experts, is that unlike the "mobile qbs" tag you apply, RGIII is an excellent passer in regards to both accuracy and arm strength. What's nice, is that he's not always looking at his first read and if it's not there take off. He is able to see through his progressions. While that's something he'll have to continue to work on in the NFL, the end result for me points toward a passer that's excellent in the pocket, but has the speed and ability to avoid sacks (similar to Rodgers/Roethlisberger).

AMEN! VERY WELL PUT!!!!!!

LUCK, RGIII, BARKLEY for me. Gotta love that Barkley kid, I was hoping they would be Stanford. Damn rookie RB coughed it up on the goal in OT.

figcrostic
Acutally, I always thought they said he was too short, not too skinny. People's complaints about RG3 arent his height, it is his build, or relative lack thereof.

And the fact that he gets injured because of it and misses almost a season of football

Ryfo18
I agree with not wanting RGIII OLINE first. No matter who we get at QB we won't get anywhere without making big upgrades to the o line.

I posted this on another thread, but feel it's worth reiterating:

I agree to some extent, but what has that done for the Dolphins (Jake Long), the Seahawks (Russell Okung, who's always hurt), the Browns (Joe Thomas), the Redskins (Trent Williams), the Panthers (Jordan Gross)...

One thing all of those teams are missing is a franchise QB. We can argue if Cassel is that or not, but I say there is a lot of room for improvement, and he's definitely not a guy that I'd be so confident in that I wouldn't hesitate to draft another guy like RGIII, Barkley, or Jones in the first round.

Simply put, the league is a quarterback first league. If you have one, you're pretty set to compete year in and year out. If you don't, well you're not.

Left tackle can be put on standby if the right quarterback is there in the draft, and you're picking early (which we will be). And this year's draft is certainly a deep QB draft. The same cannot be said for tackles.

If the Chiefs should choose to move down in the draft, while acquiring another first round pick, and taking a tackle and other position of need in the first round, I would not fault them if they think Cassel is the guy. That said, I still think it's foolish to pass on an RGIII talent if he's there.

Final food for thought, I always fall back to Profootballfocus (I wish I had the ability to watch every game and make these judgements myself)...Here are the top 15 rated LT's this year:

1.) Jason Peters, PHI
2.) Michael Roos, TEN
3.) Eugene Monroe, JAC
4.) Joe Thomas, CLE
5.) Donald Penn, TB
6.) Jordan Gross, CAR
7.) Jermon Bushrod, NO
8.) D'Brickashaw Ferguson, NYJ
9.) Duane Brown, HOU
10.) Andrew Whitworth, CIN
11.) Jake Long, MIA
12.) Trent Williams, WAS
13.) Branden Albert, KC
14.) Matt Light, NE
15.) Doug Free, DAL

Out of the top 5, 1 plays on a perrenial contender (Peters), and that team is not even in the hunt this year. Of the top 10, 7-10 are all in the hunt for the playoffs.

I just don't see, and never have seen, a strong correlation between stud LT's and team performance. On the other hand, you see pretty much the same quarterbacks in the mix for a Super Bowl year in and year out.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
AMEN! VERY WELL PUT!!!!!!

LUCK, RGIII, BARKLEY for me. Gotta love that Barkley kid, I was hoping they would be Stanford. Damn rookie RB coughed it up on the goal in OT.

Luck going to be gone but yes I would love him most likely too honestly all three of them will be gone.

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm still not sold on Tebow they are having him playing in a highschool offense and he still can't complete even half of his passes and if their O-line and defense wasn't so good and he didn't play in such a weak *** division he would be getting killed and I actually like Tebow but he is not a good qb at the NFL level. The reason I brought up his size is because he is a runner and will get killed, remember were talking about a player that got injured and was put out for the whole year in college think about what the NFL players will do to him. I want consistency not a guy that will be fun to watch a couple years until he gets permanetly injured I want a guy playing for us for 10+ years thats how you win super bowls I'm tired of the gimmicks and trying to get players that are a jack of all trades master of known like mccluster and javier arenas. I want guys that do 1 or 2 things and do it the best like Tamba Hali. As far as Heismans go didn't Matt Leinhart win a Heisman? And what's he been up to? Oh yeah and remember that one guy that was a pretty good runner hmm oh yeah Vince Young yeah he came in second in the Heisman and not much since then... isn't he a backup now to another runnner who constantly gets injured...no thanks.

If we're talking pure passing, I'm sure you will find that RGIII's numbers far exceed Leinhart, Young, or any others in passing accuracy, int's, etc. The fact that he's mobile is just a plus. He doesn't take off running after his 1st progression. He hangs in the pocket and goes through 3 or 4 progressions and buys time like Roethlisburger does. He's a great pocket passer and he's not going to be running the frickin' triple option at any time. I encourage you to watch their bowl game and see for yourself. He's a pure passer with the ability to make things happen. He didn't take off running against OU one time and he shredded our defense under pressure. I predicted it would happen and it did in a major way. Probably led him into the Heisman.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM

I'm honestly torn I think if we can get a Jones or Barkley we do it because we can get a good RT in the second round and Matt Kalil will be long gone

jap1
12-14-2011, 05:37 PM
The only way I am ok with picking up RG3 (or any of the QBs in the top of the 1st round) would be if we picked up a stud RT in the 2nd round that would be able to start on day one. And when I say he could start on day 1, I mean on most teams, not just on our team where we suck at RT.

Some names I have heard of as potentially really good RT (who could probably compete for LT on teams with bad LTs) are Osemele from Iowa State, Mike Adams from Ohio State, or Barrett Jones from Alabama. All of them seem to be projected as low 1st rounders to mid 2nd rounders.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 05:41 PM
The only way I am ok with picking up RG3 (or any of the QBs in the top of the 1st round) would be if we picked up a stud RT in the 2nd round that would be able to start on day one. And when I say he could start on day 1, I mean on most teams, not just on our team where we suck at RT.

Some names I have heard of as potentially really good RT (who could probably compete for LT on teams with bad LTs) are Osemele from Iowa State, Mike Adams from Ohio State, or Barrett Jones from Alabama. All of them seem to be projected as low 1st rounders to mid 2nd rounders.

Agree 100% that is the only way we should pick up one of these guys is if we get rid of B rich or hey if we keep cassel or orton pick up a LT in the 1st round (move Albert to LG) and pick up a RT in the 2nd. Then trade Cassel or orton for another second rounder and pick up a NT in the second,I'd be over the moon, but I'm thinking with a new coach were getting a qb in the first but I could be wrong.

OPLookn
12-14-2011, 05:47 PM

If D.J. Fluker from Alabama declares he'd be an awesome pick up. He's a Sophomore but is eligible to declare. Not sure that he'd start right away but would definitely be worth a look. Past that the only other names I've heard is Nate Potter from Boise State and Matt Reynolds from BYU.

okikcfan
12-14-2011, 06:01 PM
First and foremost we cannot afford to spend picks to move up in the draft, second, that is not the Pioli way, he would much rather, and we saw this last year or the year before, cant remember, he will move back and gain draft picks. Cassel is done for the year, if in fact Orton does a decent job in these final 3 games Pioli may try to keep him and again, Stanzi could play and do well. Also if Romeo turns out not to be our 2012 coach all that could change in the off season as well. We are now in the world of the unknown. I dont feel they have any idea what they will do until a new HC is in place. I just hope it's not one of those last minute, we get whatever is left choices.

TopekaRoy
12-14-2011, 06:04 PM
To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with Griffin when I saw him play in Baylor's loss to Kansas State, but that was before I realized just how good the Wildcats defense was. He has proven himself to be an excellent QB and the so-called experts picked him over Luck, Landry and everyone else. That doesn't mean they are right, but it sure tells me a lot.

RGIII strikes me as being a lot like Cam Newton only not as big. It remains to be seen how good he would be against NFL defenses, but I think he will be pretty good.

I'm greedy, I guess. I would like to have RGIII and a great offensive line. I don't see why it has to be one or the other. Griffin might have the talent to get by behind our O-line, but if he got hurt (and behind this line, he probably would) Then the Chiefs would be sunk. I would rather upgrade the O-line so that any average to good QB would be able to run the offense effectively.

Imagine if we had a great O-line and kept both Cassel and Orton. Regardless of who started, if one got hurt (less likely with a great O-line) the other could come in and start without missing a beat. With Charles, our receivers, and our defense, the QB doesn't have to be great, but it would sure help if the offensive line was.

Jrudi
12-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I posted this on another thread, but feel it's worth reiterating:

Ryfo YOU NAILED IT!

All of the teams contending have what is believed to be their franchise QB.

It is a QB driven league, and with the rookie wage scale now in place, it has never been a better time in the NFL to take a chance on a talented QB (because the financial risk is no longer there if it doesn't work out A La Jamarcus Russell)

As for RG3, I also agree that I don't like the comparisons to Vick... I would compare him more to a Rothlesberger or Newton rather than a Vick. Much better in the pocket than vick was coming out, goes through his progressions BEFORE taking off and running.

I like him... Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Red and Gold uni next season.... We can build our o-line by other means than a 1st round pick. (Rodney Hudson & Asamoah seem to be working out...If I remember correctly they weren't 1st round picks... 2nd & 3rd not to bad)

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Ryfo YOU NAILED IT!

All of the teams contending have what is believed to be their franchise QB.

It is a QB driven league, and with the rookie wage scale now in place, it has never been a better time in the NFL to take a chance on a talented QB (because the financial risk is no longer there if it doesn't work out A La Jamarcus Russell)

As for RG3, I also agree that I don't like the comparisons to Vick... I would compare him more to a Rothlesberger or Newton rather than a Vick. Much better in the pocket than vick was coming out, goes through his progressions BEFORE taking off and running.

I like him... Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Red and Gold uni next season.... We can build our o-line by other means than a 1st round pick. (Rodney Hudson & Asamoah seem to be working out...If I remember correctly they weren't 1st round picks... 2nd & 3rd not to bad)

RT is doable in the 2nd round but if we want a LT we will have to use our 1st round pick.

Jrudi
12-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Did you not read Ryfo18's post:

I agree to some extent, but what has that done for the Dolphins (Jake Long), the Seahawks (Russell Okung, who's always hurt), the Browns (Joe Thomas), the Redskins (Trent Williams), the Panthers (Jordan Gross)...

One thing all of those teams are missing is a franchise QB. We can argue if Cassel is that or not, but I say there is a lot of room for improvement, and he's definitely not a guy that I'd be so confident in that I wouldn't hesitate to draft another guy like RGIII, Barkley, or Jones in the first round.

Simply put, the league is a quarterback first league. If you have one, you're pretty set to compete year in and year out. If you don't, well you're not.

Left tackle can be put on standby if the right quarterback is there in the draft, and you're picking early (which we will be). And this year's draft is certainly a deep QB draft. The same cannot be said for tackles.

If the Chiefs should choose to move down in the draft, while acquiring another first round pick, and taking a tackle and other position of need in the first round, I would not fault them if they think Cassel is the guy. That said, I still think it's foolish to pass on an RGIII talent if he's there.

Final food for thought, I always fall back to Profootballfocus (I wish I had the ability to watch every game and make these judgements myself)...Here are the top 15 rated LT's this year:

1.) Jason Peters, PHI
2.) Michael Roos, TEN
3.) Eugene Monroe, JAC
4.) Joe Thomas, CLE
5.) Donald Penn, TB
6.) Jordan Gross, CAR
7.) Jermon Bushrod, NO
9.) Duane Brown, HOU
11.) Jake Long, MIA
12.) Trent Williams, WAS
13.) Branden Albert, KC
14.) Matt Light, NE
15.) Doug Free, DAL

Out of the top 5, 1 plays on a perrenial contender (Peters), and that team is not even in the hunt this year. Of the top 10, 7-10 are all in the hunt for the playoffs.

I just don't see, and never have seen, a strong correlation between stud LT's and team performance. On the other hand, you see pretty much the same quarterbacks in the mix for a Super Bowl year in and year out.

Basically: How well are all of those other team that draft LT high and don't have a franchise QB doing?

Jrudi
12-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Forgot to mention....

If you didn't notice Albert is rated as the 13th best LT.... Is it really the weak spot on our line? or is it and undersized and old Lilja and Weiggmann? and a sub par Barry Richardson?

I just really don't think Albert is as bad as he is made out to be.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Forgot to mention....

If you didn't notice Albert is rated as the 13th best LT.... Is it really the weak spot on our line? or is it and undersized and old Lilja and Weiggmann? and a sub par Barry Richardson?

He's not bad, but he's not elite..... centers and guards are easier to replace then LT's.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Did you not read Ryfo18's post:

1.) Jason Peters, PHI
2.) Michael Roos, TEN
3.) Eugene Monroe, JAC
4.) Joe Thomas, CLE
5.) Donald Penn, TB
6.) Jordan Gross, CAR
7.) Jermon Bushrod, NO
9.) Duane Brown, HOU
11.) Jake Long, MIA
12.) Trent Williams, WAS
13.) Branden Albert, KC
14.) Matt Light, NE
15.) Doug Free, DAL

Basically: How well are all of those other team that draft LT high and don't have a franchise QB doing?

still doing better then the teams that drafted a safety that everyone said would be hurt because of his playing style.

N TX Dave
12-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Some of RGII stats they are pretty impressive to me. The Baylor opponents are their defense averages. So he beat every stat except ints.

(Per game) Comp. Att. Yds. TD Int. Comp% YPA TD% INT% Pass. Eff. 10+ 20+ 30+ 40+
Robert Griffin, III (Baylor)22.5 31.6 339.4 3.0 0.5 71.3% 10.7 9.5% 1.7% 189.2 13.0 5.4 3.1 1.9
Baylor opponents 21.2 35.6 249.6 1.6 1.1 59.6% 7.04. 6% 3.0% 127.7 9.5 3.3 1.5 0.7

Go here (http://www.ourdailybears.com/2011/12/5/2612001/why-rgiii-not-andrew-luck-or-trent-richardson-should-win-the-heisman#storyjump) and look

70 chiefsfan70
12-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Forgot to mention....

I don't believe Albert is doing that bad, its our qb's that make our ol look this bad(except for Richardson) he just is bad.Our OL looks better with Palko then it did with Cassel.

This is where RG3 would make them look real good, if we fix the rt spot.

Three7s
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
I'd say RGIII's upside is Michael Vick/Steve Young/Randall Cunningham. His downside is probably Tavaris Jackson or Vince Young. I think I'd rather have Barkley, but having a pure playmaker at QB is something that we've never experienced. Could be interesting.

Jrudi
12-14-2011, 09:15 PM
still doing better then the teams that drafted a safety that everyone said would be hurt because of his playing style.

Then sounds to me like you're rooting for the wrong team. I've never understood people who claim to be fans and then all they do is bash the team.

also the records of the teams mentioned in Ryfo's post That drafted the franchise LT:

Miami: 4-9
Cleveland: 4-9
Washington: 4-9
Browns: 4-9
Seahawks: 6-7 (The one exception that has a better record than us right now, they play well at home, and have a great run game)
Panthers: 4-9 (If Newton had the Chiefs Core Group the panthers would be much better, he is playing with little to no help on either side of the ball)

Now lets look at the teams who have recently drafted a franchis QB:

Packers: 13-0
Steelers: 10-3
Ravens: 10-3
Lions: 8-5
Jets: 8-5
Giants: 7-6
Bengals: 7-6
Falcons: 8-5

Now there are a few exceptions such as St. Louis, The Vikings, and Carolina who have lower records, but the fact of the matter is that none of those teams have the talent at the offensive skill positions or a defensive unit that is as good as the Chiefs currently have. These QB's are being forced to basically work with nothing.

Just saying, you can look across the league and all of the teams that are contending year after year, all have answers at the QB position, and have talent at that position.

SIC J
12-14-2011, 09:23 PM

The way he got hurt and what he hurt had nothing to do with this "playing style".

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Then sounds to me like you're rooting for the wrong team. I've never understood people who claim to be fans and then all they do is bash the team.

also the records of the teams mentioned in Ryfo's post That drafted the franchise LT:

Seahawks: 6-7 (The one exception that has a better record than us right now, they play well at home, and have a great run game)
Panthers: 4-9 (If Newton had the Chiefs Core Group the panthers would be much better, he is playing with little to no help on either side of the ball)

Now there are a few exceptions such as St. Louis, The Vikings, and Carolina who have lower records, but the fact of the matter is that none of those teams have the talent at the offensive skill positions or a defensive unit that is as good as the Chiefs currently have. These QB's are being forced to basically work with nothing.

Just saying, you can look across the league and all of the teams that are contending year after year, all have answers at the QB position, and have talent at that position.

The way he got hurt and what he hurt had nothing to do with this "playing style".

Very true guys.

Man, Berry is a beast. I was there opening day and it was so hard to watch him get hurt. I played safety in H.S. Real Talk, He's the next Ed Reed. No doubt it crushed us to lose him, even more so than Charles imho. Pro Bowl his first season? Really? And leading tackler? hmmm.

toyotapower
12-14-2011, 09:43 PM
We won't have a chance to take RGIII anyways, we are going to win our last three games and draft too high.

70 chiefsfan70
12-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Well said! Those are real numbers and I can't for the life of me see why people are so blinded in this. This is not a fluke, Some top ten pick qbs don't pan out but there has never been a safer time to pick one with the new rookie pay scale rules.

We won't get anywhere with Cassel. Not even with the best OL in the NFL. The guy is not a leader. No one on the team believes in him and its very obvious.

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 09:50 PM
We won't have a chance to take RGIII anyways, we are going to win our last three games and draft too high.

I will have what you are having......:toast2:

AkChief49
12-14-2011, 10:03 PM
and more to do with a cheap shot!

Chiefs fanatic
12-14-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd love to get RGIII but I'm a little skeptical of Jones. I follow the Big 12 fairly closely and have seen a fair amount of both QBs and I think RGIII has what it takes to do well in the NFL. Jones on the other hand, I could see panning out but I could also see him as a bust.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Very true guys.

Man, Berry is a beast. I was there opening day and it was so hard to watch him get hurt. I played safety in H.S. Real Talk, He's the next Ed Reed. No doubt it crushed us to lose him, even more so than Charles imho. Pro Bowl his first season? Really? And leading tackler? hmmm.

Berry is a beast......but a safety does not make the same amount of impact as a LT hell I would of us taken Maurkice Pouncey a center instead of Berry.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM
and more to do with a cheap shot!

That may be so but safeties get injured a lot.

Ryfo18
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM

C'mon man, get over it. Okung has been hurt his whole career to this point (also placed on IR this year), and Trent Williams just got suspended for PEDs.

And just for the record in 2011:

Okung - 5 sacks, 3 QB hits, 24 pressures
Albert - 5 sacks, 5 QB hits, 12 pressures

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 10:46 PM
C'mon man, get over it. Okung has been hurt his whole career to this point (also placed on IR this year), and Trent Williams just got suspended for PEDs.

And just for the record in 2011:

Okung - 5 sacks, 3 QB hits, 24 pressures
Albert - 5 sacks, 5 QB hits, 12 pressures

Fiirst off sir we could have had Bryan Bullaga. Secondly we are still *****ing about our line yet not much stink about a safety dont get me wrong Berry is a good player but he doesn't have the impact of LT or even a RT.

SIC J
12-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Fiirst off sir we could have had Bryan Bullaga. Secondly we are still *****ing about our line yet not much stink about a safety dont get me wrong Berry is a good player but he doesn't have the impact of LT or even a RT.

Are you for real? LOL

92 tackles, 77 solo, 2 sacks, 13 pass deflections, and 4 interceptions as a ROOKIE!!!

figcrostic
12-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Are you for real? LOL

92 tackles, 77 solo, 2 sacks, 13 pass deflections, and 4 interceptions as a ROOKIE!!!

Yes I am for real I said he was a good SAFETY I would prefer a LT they protect our QB's who seem to get the S kicked out of them still to this day. Guess what no berry and our defense has been our bright spot our offense is terrible and it has a lot to do with our line hell I would have rather had a NT then Berry even though he is a really good safety.

doobs_05
12-15-2011, 01:18 AM
I just don't want Cassel anymore...or orton

dbolan
12-15-2011, 08:34 AM

You hit the nail on the head with all of that.:sign0087: :bananen_smilies046:

nicfre2011
12-15-2011, 08:42 AM
I am definitely not a fan of Landry Jones. IMO, he is a younger version of Matt Cassel. If he has top-tier protection and is given plenty of time to pass, he can put up impressive numbers in the Sooner offense, but when he plays against tougher competition and gets pressured, he completely breaks down. This year he has really taken a step back...and really should return to work on his game.

Nick Foles is another guy that reminds me of Cassel....he doesn't move well in the pocket and breaks down too quickly not only under pressure, but under "perceived" pressure.

I would say the more I think about it, Landry Jones does remind me of Matt Cassel and Nick Foles reminds me of Joe Flacco physically (arm strength, etc.) with Matt Cassel's pocket presence.

dbolan
12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Why not consider Brady Quinn?? Young, mobile, smart just never really had a solid chance.

GoHardorGoHome
12-15-2011, 09:18 AM
Why not consider Brady Quinn?? Young, mobile, smart just never really had a solid chance.

not a bad idea for a backup or a shot to compete as starter.

okikcfan
12-15-2011, 09:28 AM
I think we need to see what Stanzi has to offer now that Romeo has taken over. One never knows, look at Yates, I believe he was a 5th round pick, (Not sure) but he has stepped up in Houston. If we can have some sort of rotation system in place as Haley was going to do vs Da Bears when Orton got hurt we could see what Stanzi has to offer. I like the Idea of Quinn if he is able to be picked up at a low cost.

70 chiefsfan70
12-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes I am for real I said he was a good SAFETY I would prefer a LT they protect our QB's who seem to get the S kicked out of them still to this day. Guess what no berry and our defense has been our bright spot our offense is terrible and it has a lot to do with our line hell I would have rather had a NT then Berry even though he is a really good safety.

Correction......Berry is a great safty! Without him there is no way we win the division and make the playoffs. Its nearly impossible for a rookie to make the probowl and yet Berry did it, this guy is a stud Safety.

I tried to quote Jrudi, page 3, post #28 of this thread and it would not quote.

If we had taken an LOT and kept Cassel there is no way we would have made the playoffs..........Look at the teams who drafted top 10 picks and picked QB's also look at the teams that picked stud LOT's.............These wins and losses don't lie.

figcrostic
12-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Correction......Berry is a great safty! Without him there is no way we win the division and make the playoffs. Its nearly impossible for a rookie to make the probowl and yet Berry did it, this guy is a stud Safety.

I tried to quote Jrudi, page 3, post #28 of this thread and it would not quote.

If we had taken an LOT and kept Cassel there is no way we would have made the playoffs..........Look at the teams who drafted top 10 picks and picked QB's also look at the teams that picked stud LOT's.............These wins and losses don't lie.

You do realize the packers drafted the LT I wanted last year and won the superbowl, now they are on their way to another one. The reason we won the division last year was Jamaal Charles last year we had the number one rushing offense and it made Matt Cassell better. Without him we are 26th in rushing.

Ryfo18
12-15-2011, 10:07 AM
You do realize the packers drafted the LT I wanted last year and won the superbowl, now they are on their way to another one. The reason we won the division last year was Jamaal Charles last year we had the number one rushing offense and it made Matt Cassell better. Without him we are 26th in rushing.

You do realize that Bulaga plays RT...If you're trying to say he had more of an effect on the Packers winning the Super Bowl than Aaron Rodgers or the Packers D as a whole, you're crazy.

figcrostic
12-15-2011, 10:18 AM
You do realize that Bulaga plays RT...If you're trying to say he had more of an effect on the Packers winning the Super Bowl than Aaron Rodgers or the Packers D as a whole, you're crazy.

That's a ridiculous statement that's a complete over exaggeration and something a little child would say. I think he had more to do with them winning then their SS for sure. Also Bulaga played a LT in college.

Ryfo18
12-15-2011, 10:33 AM
That's a ridiculous statement that's a complete over exaggeration and something a little child would say. I think he had more to do with them winning then their SS for sure. Also Bulaga played a LT in college.

I'm failing to see your point about Bulaga...Basically he was a LT in college, and they don't trust him enough to put him at LT in the NFL. Did he help the Packers win a Super Bowl, sure...Was he a huge part of it? No. In the Super Bowl game, Bulaga was the worst of the Packers O-linemen, giving up a QB hit and 5 pressures. No other Packers O-linemen gave up more than 2 pressures.

By the way, Packers safety Nick Collins had an INT return for a touchdown against the Steelers in the Super Bowl...Did that do little for the Packers? I mean, considering they only won by 6 points, I would have to say that their safety was a huge part of the reason they won.

figcrostic
12-15-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm failing to see your point about Bulaga...Basically he was a LT in college, and they don't trust him enough to put him at LT in the NFL. Did he help the Packers win a Super Bowl, sure...Was he a huge part of it? No. In the Super Bowl game, Bulaga was the worst of the Packers O-linemen, giving up a QB hit and 5 pressures. No other Packers O-linemen gave up more than 2 pressures.

By the way, Packers safety Nick Collins had an INT return for a touchdown against the Steelers in the Super Bowl...Did that do little for the Packers? I mean, considering they only won by 6 points, I would have to say that their safety was a huge part of the reason they won.

Nick Collins is a FS and was drafted in the second round where you should draft a safety. The point of my argument is a tackle is more important then a safety I think a CB is more important then a safety.

Ryfo18
12-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Nick Collins is a FS and was drafted in the second round where you should draft a safety. The point of my argument is a tackle is more important then a safety I think a CB is more important then a safety.

And just for the record, you were not on the Bulaga train last year...You were rallying for Williams or Okung. From September 20th, 2010:

I'm telling you when he got burnt by a TE and shook out of his undies by rb's I was not impressed. In a couple years he will probably be a good SS right now he's average, but even if he was Polamalu good at this stage I still would have picked up Trent Williams or Russell Okung.

OPLookn
12-15-2011, 10:48 AM

You really believe that one person that's playing RT is the reason they won the Super Bowl? Wow, I'll have what you're having! Yes a lineman is important but there are also four other guys on the line with him. If you're going to say that Bulaga is the reason then you have to believe that the other four guys are the reason they won too.

As for picking Berry and not Bulaga...yes our defense has been a rock in some games but McGraw has been exposed several more times than Berry has or would have been. Berry is a Troy Polamalu/Ed Reed type of player. You saw just as I did how bad Pittsburg became once Polamalu went down you saw the results and they were tangible. So Berry would have made our D even more lock down than it was.

We get that you love lineman and love to tell us how awesome this team would be if only we'd have listened to you and drafted Okung one year and Bulaga last year. Either way we'd still be in the same mess we're in now. Okung would have been injured or IR'd both years and Bulaga would have been the bright spot of the line. Fortunate for us we've had Berry be the bright spot last year and this year was knocked out due to a cheap shot. So in the end it's a wash on # of bright years due to one player.

OPLookn
12-15-2011, 10:56 AM

So the basis of your problem is that we should have waited and drafted a safety in the 2nd round. Berry flat out wouldn't have made it out of the top 15 let alone gone to the 2nd round. Berry was an absolute area of need and we've limped through on lineman but when it came to safety say we passed on Berry. Our lineup would have been McGraw and Lewis. McGraw has as a full time starter been injury prone. So when he goes down we're left with Donald Washington.

If that's ok with you then cool, but personally I'm extremely happy we drafted Berry when and where we did. Now if we're not replacing Richardson in the draft or in free agency I'm going to be very upset. I wouldn't mind several of the guys in the draft but saying they have to be 1st round picks is absurd. Right now of the ten tackles drafted in the 2010 draft five of them aren't available to their team. 2010 NFL draft: Okung, Saffold and tackles - NFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/53567/2010-nfl-draft-okung-saffold-and-tackles)

figcrostic
12-15-2011, 11:20 AM
So the basis of your problem is that we should have waited and drafted a safety in the 2nd round. Berry flat out wouldn't have made it out of the top 15 let alone gone to the 2nd round. Berry was an absolute area of need and we've limped through on lineman but when it came to safety say we passed on Berry. Our lineup would have been McGraw and Lewis. McGraw has as a full time starter been injury prone. So when he goes down we're left with Donald Washington.

If that's ok with you then cool, but personally I'm extremely happy we drafted Berry when and where we did. Now if we're not replacing Richardson in the draft or in free agency I'm going to be very upset. I wouldn't mind several of the guys in the draft but saying they have to be 1st round picks is absurd. Right now of the ten tackles drafted in the 2010 draft five of them aren't available to their team. 2010 NFL draft: Okung, Saffold and tackles - NFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/53567/2010-nfl-draft-okung-saffold-and-tackles)

There were other good safeties drafted that year in the later rounds for instance Kam Chancellor was drafted in the fifth.

70 chiefsfan70
12-15-2011, 12:15 PM

We drafted at the #5 spot and Balaga didn't get picked till the #23 . If we had taken Balaga not only would we have looked like the joke of the year we would also not have made the playoffs.

Just for the record, greenbay and the chiefs are tied at 33 with sacks allowed this year. The big difference is they have a real qb and we don't.

SIC J
12-15-2011, 02:32 PM
We drafted at the #5 spot and Balaga didn't get picked till the #23 . If we had taken Balaga not only would we have looked like the joke of the year we would also not have made the playoffs.

Just for the record, greenbay and the chiefs are tied at 33 with sacks allowed this year. The big difference is they have a real qb and we don't.

I would also contribute McCluster blowing numerous blocks on the blitzing man. No reason EVER to have him in there to block.

Jrudi
12-16-2011, 02:21 PM

Are you kidding me???

If you haven't Noticed, Bulla wasn't able to make the jump to LT for the packers, he actually only became the RT because Mark Tauscher got placed on IR after week 4 last year. Also just a reminder: They also drafted Derrick Sherrodd this off season, make's me think they arent' too set on Bullaga becoming the LT anytime soon (there were doubt's about him being able to play LT in the NFL when he was coming out) Hell, Bullaga can't even beat out T.J. Lang (who is now playing LT beacuse Clifton is out) who is actually a Guard and was a 4TH ROUND DRAFT PICK IN 2009!

You can't honestly think that Bullaga would have made a bigger impact to this team than Berry has!

That's just redonculous!

OPLookn
12-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Are you kidding me???

If you haven't Noticed, Bulla wasn't able to make the jump to LT for the packers, he actually only became the RT because Mark Tauscher got placed on IR after week 4 last year. Also just a reminder: They also drafted Derrick Sherrodd this off season, make's me think they arent' too set on Bullaga becoming the LT anytime soon (there were doubt's about him being able to play LT in the NFL when he was coming out) Hell, Bullaga can't even beat out T.J. Lang (who is now playing LT beacuse Clifton is out) who is actually a Guard and was a 4TH ROUND DRAFT PICK IN 2009!

You can't honestly think that Bullaga would have made a bigger impact to this team than Berry has!

That's just redonculous!

I'm sorry but you just got rep for using the word redonculous... Oh and I completely agree with every word of your post but that's secondary to why you're getting rep.

:lol:

Jrudi
12-16-2011, 02:32 PM

You do realize that the Packers LT was a 4th round draft pick that was brought in as a guard don't you?

And both of the players you are yelling about aren't even playing LT for the packers right now. Bulaga is the RT and Sherrodd is A BACKUP behind Bulaga.

Neither are starting at LT for the Packers right now.

Albert is not a bad LT, Our weak spot on the OL is not out LT. It is an undersized and over the hill Weiggman and Lilja, and a sub par RT. Hudson is set to take over for Weiggmann, Asamoah has the RG spot secure, now we look for a RT, and a LG prospect to take over for Lilja and Richardson, and we are looking a lot better.

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry but you just got rep for using the word redonculous... Oh and I completely agree with every word of your post but that's secondary to why you're getting rep.

I just gave you rep for giving Jrudi rep for using the word "redonculous." because your post made me laugh!

Jrudi
12-16-2011, 02:36 PM

I just gotta speak the truth.... ridiculous just wouldn't emphasize the extent of craziness to the proposed idea that Bulaga would have had a bigger impact on this Chiefs team than Berry has. haha

Ryfo18
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
You do realize that the Packers LT was a 4th round draft pick that was brought in as a guard don't you?

And both of the players you are yelling about aren't even playing LT for the packers right now. Bulaga is the RT and Sherrodd is A BACKUP behind Bulaga.

Neither are starting at LT for the Packers right now.

Albert is not a bad LT, Our weak spot on the OL is not out LT. It is an undersized and over the hill Weiggman and Lilja, and a sub par RT. Hudson is set to take over for Weiggmann, Asamoah has the RG spot secure, now we look for a RT, and a LG prospect to take over for Lilja and Richardson, and we are looking a lot better.

At least someone on this board has some sense. Excellent post.

Jrudi
12-16-2011, 04:32 PM
At least someone on this board has some sense. Excellent post.

Ya know it seems like we usually see eye to eye about most topics.

It is nice to have a few people who aren't screaming their opinions on here without thinking logically, or finding facts to back their statements first.

Keep up the good work as well!:punk:

Jrudi
12-16-2011, 05:06 PM
I did have a question that I would like to hear people's opinions/responses on regarding RG3.

I had read earlier in this thread of people stating that they thought RG3 was undersized and fragile.

I went and looked at the QB's in this class

Luck: 6'4" 230lbs
Barkley: 6'2" 220Lbs
Jones: 6'4" 230lbs

Griffin is listed at 6'2" 220lbs

Thats the exact same size as Barkley, and only 10lbs less than both Luck and Jone's who have 2" on him.

I wouldn't think it would be hard to put on 10 pounds in an NFL weight training program if needed, and I don't see why he is being considered undersized and Barkley isn't.

I had also heard the undersized comparrison as similar to Vick and that he would be injured often.

Vick is like 5'11" 210. Just wanted some thoughts on why Griffin had been knocked a couple of times on here stating he was undersized?

GoHardorGoHome
12-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I did have a question that I would like to hear people's opinions/responses on regarding RG3.

I had read earlier in this thread of people stating that they thought RG3 was undersized and fragile.

I went and looked at the QB's in this class

Luck: 6'4" 230lbs
Barkley: 6'2" 220Lbs
Jones: 6'4" 230lbs

Griffin is listed at 6'2" 220lbs

Thats the exact same size as Barkley, and only 10lbs less than both Luck and Jone's who have 2" on him.

I wouldn't think it would be hard to put on 10 pounds in an NFL weight training program if needed, and I don't see why he is being considered undersized and Barkley isn't.

I had also heard the undersized comparrison as similar to Vick and that he would be injured often.

Vick is like 5'11" 210. Just wanted some thoughts on why Griffin had been knocked a couple of times on here stating he was undersized?

Because he's a mobile, black QB so he's compared incorrectly to other QB's like v. young & Mike Vick. He should be more compared to Drew Brees, which is slightly smaller than RG3 but has a very quick release.

mark my word, this kid is mentally sound and a great leader. If he's comfortable enough to wear Superman socks w/ capes to the Heisman presentation, he will be cool in the pocket when Ray Lewis is breathing down his neck tryin' to snap him like a twig. I have a feeling he may be a dolphin next year. I like him much better in Red n Yellow. RG3 has great decision making skills and doesnt turn the ball over very often. The fact that hes mobile is just a bonus.

Bike
12-17-2011, 11:57 PM
This team needs a QB with an arm and a sense of whats going on around him - and I'm not crazy.