PDA

View Full Version : It Looks Like Orton is Healthy

jap1
12-14-2011, 08:16 PM
According to ESPN, Orton is healthy and will start.

New Kansas City starting quarterback Kyle Orton (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8520/kyle-orton) indicated he is healthy (http://twitter.com/#!/adamteicher/status/147059242946400256) after injuring his finger two weeks ago. If he doesn’t suffer a setback, Orton will start Sunday against Green Bay.

Here is another link to the story on ESPN's AFC West Blog:
Orton to get rare second chance - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/37074/orton-to-get-rare-second-chance)
And:
Time is running out for McFadden - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/37084/time-is-running-out-for-mcfadden)

Apparently this will be Orton's second game against Green Bay this year, since he played them before he was traded.

#58ChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 08:24 PM
According to the Chiefs he is good with short throws and working on the long ball. Either way I would be shocked if he were not under center Sunday, though it will be from the a shotgun in an effort to minimize finger contact.

AkChief49
12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
According to the Chiefs he is good with short throws and working on the long ball. Either way I would be shocked if he were not under center Sunday, though it will be from the a shotgun in an effort to minimize finger contact.
and certain death

GoHardorGoHome
12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Good to hear. I think that Orton will be refreshing to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing Stanzi play either to see if he plays like he did in Preseason with the 2's and 3's.

okikcfan
12-14-2011, 09:02 PM
This is kinda interesting....

Did Todd Haley Purposely Bench Ricky Stanzi To Spite Scott Pioli? - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/12/14/2635614/did-todd-haley-purposely-bench-ricky-stanzi-to-spite-scott-pioli)

AkChief49
12-14-2011, 09:30 PM

Did Todd Haley Purposely Bench Ricky Stanzi To Spite Scott Pioli? - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/12/14/2635614/did-todd-haley-purposely-bench-ricky-stanzi-to-spite-scott-pioli)
Yeah, I gotta believe Stanzi has way more potential and talent than Palko who has been around and about the league since 2007. He'd done his clipboard time, got a chance to play and abruptly blew it. Was it a Pennsylvania connection?

Has anyone seen Stanzi play with the first team? I'm all for Stanzi getting a shot.

figcrostic
12-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Never thought I'd be care about the health of Kyle Orton strange how things change in the NFL.

Chiefster
12-15-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm glad to see this. I've wanted to see what Orton can do for us.

TopekaRoy
12-15-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm glad to see this. I've wanted to see what Orton can do for us.
I would love to see a healthy Kyle Orton on the field. I just hope his injury doesn't affect his accuracy or the strength of his throws. He hasn't had a lot of practice time with this team, may not completely know the playbook and if he has trouble throwing the ball, he could look worse than Palko (although I doubt that's possible).

I think Orton can make plays against a weak Packers pass defense. (Just keep the ball AWAY from Charles Woodson!). If our defense can keep the game close and if the Packers are looking past us a little bit, I think we have a real chance to win.

tornadospotter
12-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Very interesting read. Makes you wonder about issues in the Chief organization. Wonder if the GM Seat is feeling a little warm also.

tornadospotter
12-15-2011, 03:33 AM
Meant to quote this link from okikcfan.

Very interesting read. Makes you wonder about issues in the Chief organization. Wonder if the GM Seat is feeling a little warm also.

okikcfan
12-15-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm sure the GM seat is on fire at this point. It was reported that Stanzi was getting 40 percent of the snaps this week, I wonder if he may plan on somme sort of a rotation to test the waters with him. I really what to see what both of them can do. Time is running out. Who knows, Stanzi could be a keeper. Look at Yates in Texas......

dbolan
12-15-2011, 08:00 AM

Either way...Short or Long ball throws, who do we have that can catch all of them? Just Bowe. Slide safety to double coverage on him and our passing game is squib. Although, I think most corners in this league can one one Bowe. Stack the box

TopekaRoy
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm sure the GM seat is on fire at this point. It was reported that Stanzi was getting 40 percent of the snaps this week, I wonder if he may plan on somme sort of a rotation to test the waters with him. I really what to see what both of them can do. Time is running out. Who knows, Stanzi could be a keeper. Look at Yates in Texas......Palko has been demoted to 3rd string, so as the projected starter, Orton gets 60% of the snaps and as the backup Stanzi gets the other 40%. That doesn't mean Stanzi will play, but he needs to be ready in case Orton's injured finger prevents him from being effective.

Either way...Short or Long ball throws, who do we have that can catch all of them? Just Bowe. Slide safety to double coverage on him and our passing game is squib. Although, I think most corners in this league can one one Bowe. Stack the box
Breaston and Baldwin have both shown that they can catch passes and McClain and McCluster can also catch passes out of the backfield. The Packers give up a lot of passing yards, but they make up for it somewhat by forcing turnovers and their offense is able to keep their defense off of the field. You can move the ball on the Packers. Stopping them from moving the ball is the problem.

josh1971
12-15-2011, 06:41 PM

You must not have been watching Baldwin or Breaston play this season. To say we have only one guy is *really* not true.

I think for Orton, the key is to not immediately get happy feet. If he starts this game at a panic, that's going to create some ugly things.

I say, first possession, bring in a fat package, I-formation with two tight ends, then play action pass on a straight fly route to the fastest guy. Even if it's incomplete, they'll be thinking about that the rest of the game, and you probably won't see eight in the box.

#58ChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 07:16 PM
The packers would be to busy laughing at a line up featuring Pope with either Becht or OConnell to defend the field. Problem is Leonard would jump offside so we would be behind the sticks before we start.

#58ChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Breston is a solid receiver and at the very least you can not just keep a safety deep on Baldwin. I think our problems this year are more Bill Muir than the receivers.

TopekaRoy
12-15-2011, 07:28 PM
The packers would be to busy laughing at a line up featuring Pope with either Becht or OConnell to defend the field. Problem is Leonard would jump offside so we would be behind the sticks before we start.
I just looked it up. Pope has 150 receiving yards this year. I wonder if that is more or less than the number of yards he's cost the team in penalties!

dbolan
12-16-2011, 12:58 PM
How can any of you that repeatedly BLAME our offensive line for the offensive woes even think that Orton or Stanzi could do any better than Palko or Cassell??? Huh????

It makes me think that if Orton makes our scoreboard light up then all we ever really needed was another QB. Right?? lmao

OPLookn
12-16-2011, 01:24 PM
How can any of you that repeatedly BLAME our offensive line for the offensive woes even think that Orton or Stanzi could do any better than Palko or Cassell??? Huh????

It makes me think that if Orton makes our scoreboard light up then all we ever really needed was another QB. Right?? lmao

Because there's a possibility of increase in performance from every player. Orton or Stanzi are capable of doing better than Cassel or Palko. If they are it doesn't mean that our O-line is all the sudden stellar and that the QB was the problem. It simply means they're better than the previous QB's.

70 chiefsfan70
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Breston is a solid receiver and at the very least you can not just keep a safety deep on Baldwin. I think our problems this year are more Bill Muir than the receivers.

I agree. Muir was a yes sir man to Haley. What we have been playing is Haley ball. It looks like the same man was calling the shots as in the 2009 season after Haley fired the OC and started calling plays himself.

okikcfan
12-16-2011, 02:02 PM
So how many watched Haley on the Audibles last night? Did anyone catch the comment he made, ( A rookie QB is not always the secret to success ) Hmmm, so what's his point lol

OPLookn
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
So how many watched Haley on the Audibles last night? Did anyone catch the comment he made, ( A rookie QB is not always the secret to success ) Hmmm, so what's his point lol

I wonder if he believed that a game plan or adjusting at half time isn't the secret to success too?

#58ChiefsFan
12-16-2011, 02:17 PM

I caught that as well, he actually got several digs in throughout the show. Kent Babb afterword said that is the real Haley and not the robot he had to be for the Chiefs. I kinda think he got screwed but we are moving forward regardless.

okikcfan
12-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I caught that as well, he actually got several digs in throughout the show. Kent Babb afterword said that is the real Haley and not the robot he had to be for the Chiefs. I kinda think he got screwed but we are moving forward regardless.

Agreed. Haley also said, "I wish someone would've given me a vote of confidence, real or not." I think the claims of Haley/Pioli not getting along seem to be true, With out the support from upstairs, he never really had a chance. Oh well, Best of Luck Todd! :meow: :beat_DeadHorse: :chiefs:

GoHardorGoHome
12-16-2011, 08:58 PM

I disagree. Have you seen every game this year (not bein' smart, just wondering)? Since Baldwin has come in he has made some amazing catches. Did you see this one? click here

He's a frickin' beast of a man at 6'4" 230. He's got massive hands and uses them well.

Bowe has struggled to get in a rhythm because our invisible pass defense never allows the QB to get in a groove with his WR's. If my numbers are accurate, our O-line has already given up 34 sacks this year between Palko and Cassel. We are on track to surpass the 40+ total we gave up in 2009.

Bowe needs 15 opportunities per game and he will move the chains, put up points, and force the D to move out of the box.

Breaston has made plays when given the opportunities but how many times have we thrown the ball to him? Not enough.

McCluster should be converted fully to Wes Welker mode. He would thrive in that role. I'm excited to see how next season plays out.

Moaeki is sorely missed :( Pope has done his best, but we seriously need another athletic tight end somewhere in the later rounds of the draft hopefully.

AS a FS/WR in H.S. and a Youth Football coach, I can honestly say we have a top 10 WR core. Next to GB, N.O., NYG, DAL, we have a promising group.

Wouldn't expect too much from Orton. No way in Hell he learned enough plays in this amount of time.

Chiefster
12-16-2011, 11:27 PM
That was awesome!