PDA

View Full Version : We need WR's too...

dbolan
12-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Look at the available list for next year...No reason why we should NOT add one of these guys!

2012 NFL Free Agents: WR (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/wr.html)

Reggie Wayne (IND)
Wes Welker (NE)
Vincent Jackson (SD)
DeSean Jackson (PHI)
Dwayne Bowe (KC)
Marques Colston (NO)
Steve Johnson (BUF)
Brandon Lloyd (STL)
Robert Meachem (NO)
Mario Manningham (NYG)
Mike Wallace (PIT) - Restricted

The Rest:
Early Doucet (ARZ)
Harry Douglas (ATL)
Eric Weems (ATL)
Roscoe Parrish (BUF)
Legedu Naanee (CAR)
Earl Bennett (CHI)
Roy Williams (CHI)
Andre Caldwell (CIN)
Jerome Simpson (CIN)
Eddie Royal (DEN)
Rashied Davis (DET)
Maurice Stovall (DET)
Bryant Johnson (HOU)
Pierre Garcon (IND)
Anthony Gonzalez (IND)
Jerheme Urban (KC)
Devin Aromashodu (MIN)
Bernard Berrian (MIN)
Greg Camarillo (MIN)
Deion Branch (NE)
Matt Slater (NE)
Domenik Hixon (NYG)
Devin Thomas (NYG)
Plaxico Burress (NYJ)
Derek Hagan (OAK)
Chaz Schilens (OAK)
Steve Smith (PHI)
Jerricho Cotchery (PIT)
Patrick Crayton (SD)
Braylon Edwards (SF)
Ted Ginn (SF)
Josh Morgan (SF)
Mike Sims-Walker (STL)
Micheal Spurlock (TB)
Donnie Avery (TEN)
Kevin Curtis (TEN)
Lavelle Hawkins (TEN)
Donte' Stallworth (WAS)
Stephen Williams (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights
Jordan Norwood (CLE) - Exclusive Rights
Jesse Holley (DAL) - Exclusive Rights
Kevin Ogletree (DAL) - Restricted
Stefan Logan (DET) - Restricted
Matt Willis (DEN) - Restricted
Danny Amendola (STL) - Restricted
Dominique Curry (STL) - Exclusive Rights
Preston Parker (TB) - Exclusive Rights

figcrostic
12-15-2011, 11:20 AM
Don't you think WR is the least of our problems at the moment?

Hayvern
12-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Really? I wide receiver? Let's find someone to throw the ball to them and then a line to protect that guy first.

kcvet
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
throw in a TE or two just for luck

Vandelay
12-15-2011, 12:01 PM
As long as Bowe stays, we should be good ar WR going into next season.

OPLookn
12-15-2011, 12:12 PM
I agree, we should go out there and get Dwayne Bowe.

Three7s
12-15-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah, let's fill the position that has two top notch starters and a first round draft pick. We can completely ignore QB, OL, safety, and all the other areas where there is absolutely no depth. WR OR BUST BABY!

josh1971
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure the OP said anything about ignoring anything else, just that it wouldn't hurt to add one of those guys.

Wow- talk about hair trigger sensitivity around these parts...

Chiefs fanatic
12-16-2011, 12:33 AM
I'd resign Bowe and Urban but I think we have more pressing needs to fill then bringing in more wide-outs on top of that.

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Your list is already out of date. Earl Bennet was resigned by the Chicago Bears on December 1st to a four year $18 million contract ($9 million guaranteed). He should have been in the top group anyway. He only dropped one pass all last year (Ya hear that Dwayne?) and almost every one of his catches has resulted in a first down.

AkChief49
12-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Lets go after Sam Hurd.

Hayvern
12-16-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm not sure the OP said anything about ignoring anything else, just that it wouldn't hurt to add one of those guys.

Wow- talk about hair trigger sensitivity around these parts...

Let's just suffice to say that if we are indeed in need of wide receivers, then we may as well say we need a completely new team.

jap1
12-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Lets go after Sam Hurd.

Seems like he was already picked up ... by the cops!!!

AkChief49
12-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Seems like he was already picked up ... by the cops!!!
I believe the Feds. I was only kidding:D

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Lets go after Sam Hurd.
What are you, on drugs? :D

Besides he's not a free agent ... and pretty soon he won't be a free anything!

AkChief49
12-16-2011, 03:35 AM
What are you, on drugs? :D

Besides he's not a free agent ... and pretty soon he won't be a free anything!
yeah, because in jail he'll still cost a pack of smokes

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 03:41 AM
yeah, because in jail he'll still cost a pack of smokes
Haha! And that's more than Clark Hunt would be willing to pay!
:lol:

dbolan
12-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Your list is already out of date. Earl Bennet was resigned by the Chicago Bears on December 1st to a four year $18 million contract ($9 million guaranteed). He should have been in the top group anyway. He only dropped one pass all last year (Ya hear that Dwayne?) and almost every one of his catches has resulted in a first down.

So what if it is a little out of date due to a signing. Don't miss the point of the post.

We have had crap for WR's (other than Bowe), O-Lineman, QB's etc.

We still need another REAL thrreat other than Bowe to spread the field and open up the middle.

Seriously...The drafts and siginings for the offense have been par, at best. An above average reciever is needed on the roster.

dbolan
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Really? I wide receiver? Let's find someone to throw the ball to them and then a line to protect that guy first.

You have to look at the entire scope for all angles. We have attempted to draft/sign O-line, etc etc and how is that going?

We have NOT shopped very GOOD receivers. If we have enough good receievers to stretch the field we can keep the opposing teams defense from stacking 8+ in the box.

Get it??

70 chiefsfan70
12-16-2011, 11:09 AM
So what if it is a little out of date due to a signing. Don't miss the point of the post.

We still need another REAL thrreat other than Bowe to spread the field and open up the middle.

Seriously...The drafts and siginings for the offense have been par, at best. An above average reciever is needed on the roster.

I think these WR's are better then they appear. They have lots of talent and are full of athletic abilty. They are just severely undercoached. The three B's could all go somewhere else and be stars. we need to keep them get a real qb and coach them. They will be great somewhere sometime, lets not get rid of them till we get a real qb and see what they can do.

GoHardorGoHome
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
We have a great WR core, but we need more time in the pocket to stretch the field and that means better O-line inside & on the right. Another young TE to compete with Moeki wouldn't hurt. Baldwin will be a dangerous threat in the red zone, Breaston has great potential and has done better than most at his position (given the circumstances). Teams know our runnin game sucks so they just stack the box and blitz. Bowe has actually made some amazing catches, most that were no where near catchable and then Ive seen some easy ones get dropped. Seriously, our O-line is a mess. Time will tell.

OPLookn
12-16-2011, 12:14 PM
We have a great WR core, but we need more time in the pocket to stretch the field and that means better O-line inside & on the right. Another young TE to compete with Moeki wouldn't hurt. Baldwin will be a dangerous threat in the red zone, Breaston has great potential and has done better than most at his position (given the circumstances). Teams know our runnin game sucks so they just stack the box and blitz. Bowe has actually made some amazing catches, most that were no where near catchable and then Ive seen some easy ones get dropped. Seriously, our O-line is a mess. Time will tell.

How awesome would it be to get Martin (LT), Stanford, in the draft and then in free agency go out and get a big LG and maybe even draft another interior lineman with the 2nd or 3rd round pick. If we did that we'd "potentially" be set on the line for a VERY long time.

I just looked at walterfootball.com and they actually have Jacksonville drafting a QB (RG3). Here's the article talking about it (Sunk costs for a sinking franchise | Jaguars Blog (http://www.jaguarsblog.com/sunk-costs-for-a-sinking-franchise/#.TuttSzWXTIJ)).

If Barkley or RG3 are left when we pick then I'd definitely say take one of them but if it's just Jones I'd say take the LT, especially if it's Martin. That guy has been a stud for protecting Luck all season long. I'll be happy if we pick a QB or LT with our first pick I just want options instead being left with the decision of just one person at QB or LT and take your pick.

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 12:35 PM
So what if it is a little out of date due to a signing. Don't miss the point of the post.I was just keeping your list up to date. I got your point loud and clear, and it's wrong.

Seriously...The drafts and siginings for the offense have been par, at best. An above average reciever is needed on the roster.Baldwin is that real threat. I can't believe you are ready to give up on him after half a season. How long did it take Bowe to become a real threat?

If we have enough good receievers to stretch the field we can keep the opposing teams defense from stacking 8+ in the box.

Get it??
We get it. You don't. You can't "stretch the field" when your QB has to get rid of the ball before the receivers can get downfield.

^^This^^

Our running attack will be fine when Jamaal comes back (assuming he comes back 100%) and the passing attack will be great when we fix the O-line, especially with defenses gearing up to stop the run.

Everybody in this thread except you recognizes that our receivers are fine. The problem is with the O-line and possibly QB.

Get it?

dbolan
12-16-2011, 12:45 PM
I was just keeping your list up to date. I got your point loud and clear, and it's wrong.

Baldwin is that real threat. I can't believe you are ready to give up on him after half a season. How long did it take Bowe to become a real threat?

We get it. You don't. You can't "stretch the field" when your QB has to get rid of the ball before the receivers can get downfield.

^^This^^

Our running attack will be fine when Jamaal comes back (assuming he comes back 100%) and the passing attack will be great when we fix the O-line, especially with defenses gearing up to stop the run.

Everybody in this thread except you recognizes that our receivers are fine. The problem is with the O-line and possibly QB.

Get it?

I do get it Roy. When your receivers can't get open due to lack of skill, speed etc, the QB will never have enough time.

If you have open receivers or receivers that pose the thrat of getting open on every play, then the defense will stretch out. Got it?

dbolan
12-16-2011, 12:57 PM
By the way..The Chiefs rank #13 in sacks allowed. Some of the teams that have allowed MORE sacks are the Packers, Steelers and 49ers.

Compare the difference in the receivers. Now what? LOL

Quit blaming the O-Line like everyone does year after year when we have not had crap for a legit receiving corp.

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 01:18 PM
By the way..The Chiefs rank #13 in sacks allowed. Some of the teams that have allowed MORE sacks are the Packers, Steelers and 49ers.

Quit blaming the O-Line like everyone does year after year when we have not had crap for a legit receiving corp.
Those teams have more sacks, especially the Packers and Steelers, because they do everything they can to extend the play as long as possible in order to give the receivers time to get open. Most of those sacks are coverage sacks where the receivers don't get open and/or the QB holds on to the ball too long.

Our O-line doesn't give us time for the receivers to get downfield so our QB throws the ball away quickly or checks down at the line of scrimmage to avoid the sack.

You still don't get it.

Hayvern
12-16-2011, 01:35 PM

Sacks alone is not the only stat you can use to consider whether the offensive line is working or not. How many rushing yards do we have? How do we compare in qb hurries and hits.

Sacks are a one dimensional stat and does not tell the complete story. Anyone who thinks our offensive line is better than the line the packers has? I want some of what you are smoking.

dbolan
12-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Those teams have more sacks, especially the Packers and Steelers, because they do everything they can to extend the play as long as possible in order to give the receivers time to get open. Most of those sacks are coverage sacks where the receivers don't get open and/or the QB holds on to the ball too long.

Our O-line doesn't give us time for the receivers to get downfield so our QB throws the ball away quickly or checks down at the line of scrimmage to avoid the sack.

You still don't get it.

I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree!!

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Sacks alone is not the only stat you can use to consider whether the offensive line is working or not. How many rushing yards do we have? How do we compare in qb hurries and hits.

Sacks are a one dimensional stat and does not tell the complete story. Anyone who thinks our offensive line is better than the line the packers has? I want some of what you are smoking.
A great big this!

I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree!!
If you won't listen to reason or admit when you are wrong, then yes, we will agree to disagree.:D

dbolan
12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
A great big this!

If you won't listen to reason or admit when you are wrong, then yes, we will agree to disagree.:D

I listen! And i think there is plenty of room for improvement in several areas. We just happen to prioritize them differently!

Regardless....I would love to see them winning again and if I have to eat crow down the road to see it, then I will gladly do so! :bananen_smilies046:

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 02:21 PM
I listen! And i think there is plenty of room for improvement in several areas. We just happen to prioritize them differently!

Regardless....I would love to see them winning again and if I have to eat crow down the road to see it, then I will gladly do so! :bananen_smilies046:
Fair enough. I give you credit for sticking to your guns and defending your position.

Cheers! :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
12-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Well if we lose Bowe...IMO Colston is the best on that list. I've had him on my fantasy team for years now. Always scored alot and his stats are ridiculus. 5 years in the leauge 4 of those years with 1000 + yards. Not really even sure of those stats for this year with out looking it up.