PDA

View Full Version : crennell the leader

marloweopatchiefs
12-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Romeo Crennel Is The Early Favorite To Be Chiefs Head Coach Next Year - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/12/15/2638471/romeo-crennel-kansas-city-chiefs-head-coach-2012)

Don't ask me how they already determined it haha

marloweopatchiefs
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
guess no one cares

#58ChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Don't know how they determined that but it does make sense.

Hunt/Pioli honestly thought they were going to have a good 2011 season, bad things happened and we know how that went, but...

They want to promote from within we just cant get enough stability to make this happen yet.

Romeo is a leader, not saying the other candidates aren't.

Romeo knows the system and while we all know it needs tweaked, fixing the current plan is far better than imploding what we have and starting over.

If his defense had not been on the field more than half the game I would bet they would have been a top 10 rank even without Berry. The D is so far ahead of the mess we call an offense it has to bode well for him.

Second time head coaches have already made the major mistakes and Romeo is smart enough to learn from them.

It makes sense to turn it over to him and have him groom our next HC over the next 5 or so years.

I doubt he will demand the money that Fisher or another "big name" coach would want, and we all know how thrifty this organization has been.

If we show progress these last three games and actually score some points why not let him take the reigns.

Chiefster
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't think it's that no one cares, but that everyone's already heard. I think this may be a re-post actually.

TopekaRoy
12-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Romeo Crennel Is The Early Favorite To Be Chiefs Head Coach Next Year - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/12/15/2638471/romeo-crennel-kansas-city-chiefs-head-coach-2012)

Don't ask me how they already determined it haha
They determine it by taking bets, just like in horse racing. Roughly 1 out of 7 people are betting that Cowher will be the next Chiefs head coach. That sounds way too high to me. I would put his odds at about 20-1.

okikcfan
12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
They determine it by taking bets, just like in horse racing. Roughly 1 out of 7 people are betting that Cowher will be the next Chiefs head coach. That sounds way too high to me. I would put his odds at about 20-1.

I say 500-1 if not more. He already said noooo!:whipping1:

azchiefsfan
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't think that the issue is that he doesn't want to coach. I think the issue is he doesn't want to coach for any of the three teams that are hiring. He got spoiled being at a franchise that isn't afraid to throw cash like the Pope splashing holy water. I think he's smart enough to know he'd have to struggle and fight for every position he needed and wanted from Hunt/Pioli and the other two clubs. While our leadership has shown a willingness to spend like they haven't done since the 90's, it's always their decision and the coaches will have to settle for whatever Hunt/Pioli give them.

dbolan
12-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Crennell will be the leader to the buffet table...LOL

Jrudi
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I think this is pretty likely to happen.

with the way the defense has been playing, they might keep in on as the HC/DC, hire an assistant for him to help on the Defensive side, and Look to add a proven OC.

I can see it happening.

okikcfan
12-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Remember this is Kansas City, expect the unexpected!

Bike
12-17-2011, 11:01 PM
I know I like the guy. I'm guessing his players will like the guy too. Quite a contrast from Haley - and thats a good thing.