PDA

View Full Version : Will bowe be a chiefs next year?

marloweopatchiefs
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Just curious on what people thought and if they would want him back. I know i want him back. I hope they franchise him if we don't get him signed to a long term contract.

dbolan
12-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Get rid of him....Been issues about every year with him.

TopekaRoy
12-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Didn't Connie Jo already start this thread here? I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18877)

OPLookn
12-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Re-sign him or franchise him if you have to. You simply don't give up receivers that are producing 1000 yard years and especially one that last year led the league last year in TD's (I believe he did, I know he was leading at one point).

70 chiefsfan70
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
With a new coach and Hopefully OC and QB, Bowe will probably want to stay, I say sign him.

marloweopatchiefs
12-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Didn't Connie Jo already start this thread here? I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe? - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18877)

Ooops. Didnt know a thread was started already about it. Just was curious cause it's been coming up on espn.

Jrudi
12-16-2011, 02:50 PM
I think they Franchise him, as they work to re-sign him.

I know he has had a down year (hell a down year and hes 63 yards shy of another 1000 yd season haha), but he hasn't had a decent QB since he has been here. Cassel played well last year, but all of the things that made him decent last year (minimizing mistakes and turnovers, and avoiding pressure) he has failed to reproduce this year.

I think with a new HC, we see a new QB, and I would love to see the type of production our offense could have with a legit QB tossing the ball to our talented WR corps.

pojote
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
What about franchise Carr? He hasn't resign also.

jap1
12-16-2011, 04:03 PM
What about franchise Carr? He hasn't resign also.

I dont think Carr is good enough to franchise. He is definitely not one of the top 5 DBs in the league, and he isnt even in the top 2 on our team (behind Berry and Flowers). I would resign him. Not sure why it hasnt happened yet. They may have been trying to see how he performed this year before they made that decision.

Also, I feel like we have too many holes right now to NOT resign him and have to find a CB. Keeping him means we have at least one position on the team that doesnt need upgrading (probably the only position).

OPLookn
12-16-2011, 04:07 PM
I dont think Carr is good enough to franchise. He is definitely not one of the top 5 DBs in the league, and he isnt even in the top 2 on our team (behind Berry and Flowers). I would resign him. Not sure why it hasnt happened yet. They may have been trying to see how he performed this year before they made that decision.

Also, I feel like we have too many holes right now to NOT resign him and have to find a CB. Keeping him means we have at least one position on the team that doesnt need upgrading (probably the only position).

Makes you wonder if their first pick of the draft won't be Clairborne from LSU. We do like stock piling LSU guys and he'd be a lock down corner opposite Flowers. Gotta admit that sounds pretty awesome to have that kind of talent on the field. Not that I'd want that to be our pick.

#58ChiefsFan
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Re-sign Bowe. He has the talent we just can't get the rest of the offense going enough to let him make plays this year. I think his untimely drops this year are because he can not get in a rythm.

jap1
12-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Makes you wonder if their first pick of the draft won't be Clairborne from LSU. We do like stock piling LSU guys and he'd be a lock down corner opposite Flowers. Gotta admit that sounds pretty awesome to have that kind of talent on the field. Not that I'd want that to be our pick.

I agree, it would sound great ... if we didnt have glaring needs on on both lines, at ILB and (questionably) at QB.

Not to mention we probably should consider picking up a RB in case Charles isnt 100%. We could use more depth at TE, across the OL, safety.

Lets see, what position have I not mentioned ... HAHA.

The only positions that I feel like we are set on (and by set, I mean we dont even need much in terms of depth) are CB (if we resign Carr) and Kickers/Long Snappers.

:bananen_smilies046:

raiderhater79
12-16-2011, 05:13 PM
They need to resign him and get a QB that can get him and every other receiver the football along with some help up front on the O line. Getting a good QB, upgrading the OL, getting Charles and Moeaki back with the D playing well, the Chiefs will be able to kick ***

GoHardorGoHome
12-16-2011, 07:38 PM
If given enough time in the pocket, these WRs will make any QB look like a Probowler. The killer B's are going to be something special. Rumor in another post was that Haley got ugly with Bowe and Pioli wasnt havin it, so that outta tell you that Bowe is here for the long haul.

Chiefster
12-16-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm curious...do you think the Chiefs will keep Dwayne Bowe? - Page 6 - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18877&page=6&highlight=Bowe)

honda522
12-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Not resigning him is dumb. Trade at minimum.