PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if this is legit but

marloweopatchiefs
12-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Jeff Fisher Is 'More Likely' Than Josh McDaniels To Replace Todd Haley - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/12/12/2630663/jeff-fisher-is-more-likely-than-josh-mcdaniels-to-replace-todd-haley)

Miller
12-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I hope it is true. But, I don't know if he is the best pick. I want to know he is still hungry to win and work. Plus, we need players that can play.

TopekaRoy
12-17-2011, 05:43 PM
More crappy reporting from SBNation. Connor quotes Russ Lande as saying that Fisher is the more likely guy right now, but he doesn't say why Lande believes this, which is the most important part of the story!

I did my own research and it turns out he is just quoting a tweet from Lande's twitter account! Lande provides no explanation for why he believes Fisher is the front runner!

I don't mess with twitter. Maybe one of you who has an account could ask him why he believes this?

Here is the original tweet from 5 days ago:
https://twitter.com/#!/RUSSLANDE/status/146287107202232320 (https://twitter.com/#%21/RUSSLANDE/status/146287107202232320)

matthewschiefs
12-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Don't no if I want a Jeff Fisher Bill Cowher coaching. They are going to what coach 5 years don't think we need to get anther short term coach. But I wouldn't complain if thats who is brought in.

#58ChiefsFan
12-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Anybody know of a list of coaches who won a superbowl, retired and led a second team that finished last in their division prior to them taking the helm?

I am not sure I'm 100% in the line of thinking we have to have a name brand coach. I believe it's en vouge to think that way but is it honestly the best approach?

Bike
12-17-2011, 10:49 PM
My understanding is that Fisher has pretty close ties with Jerry Jones and is the most likely successor to Garret in Dallas.

MissingTBone
12-18-2011, 12:19 PM
I would gladly take Fisher. He almost always had his team at least trying to make the playoffs. I'm not a Romeo fan, in my opinion his defense doesn't play to near their potential. Although depth is also a problem. I'm hoping for a new coach at seasons end. And hopefully we don't have to wait til after the Superbowl like we did for Haley.

josh1971
12-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Romeo may not eventually get the job, but he certainly gave the front office something to keep in mind during their search.

Ryfo18
12-18-2011, 08:30 PM
May be just me, but I've always thought Romeo is the best fit for this job. Definitely meshes well with Pioli, and has done a number for this team's defense in the last few year.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I was warming to the idea last week and am much more on board after today. Let's see how the next two go. If he can at least make these games competitive, I say we make Crennel the HC.

Chiefster
12-19-2011, 01:12 AM
At this point I'd bet that Crennel is the front runner for the job.

AkChief49
12-19-2011, 06:39 PM
If RC gets these next two wins, he'll be dug in like a tick on a Alabama hound!

Hayvern
12-19-2011, 08:15 PM
If Romeo has his health all taken care of AND he has a plan on how to make this team a winner I will go along with that, he certainly has the experience.

THe problem with Crennel is that he has had some health challenges and that might be the reason he is not the front runner, I have not heard of any issues with that recently, but I recall that being a consideration when we were looking for a DC.

tornadospotter
12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
If Romeo has his health all taken care of AND he has a plan on how to make this team a winner I will go along with that, he certainly has the experience.

THe problem with Crennel is that he has had some health challenges and that might be the reason he is not the front runner, I have not heard of any issues with that recently, but I recall that being a consideration when we were looking for a DC.
I thought that was Weis? Remind me what Crennel's health issue where or are.

chief31
12-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I think the better Crennel does, the more complicated Pioli's decision becomes.

I think that Pioli had someone in mind when he fired Todd Haley.

RAC winning out could really makes things get ugly for the brass.

I think that was part of the decision for the timing of Haley getting fired.

Had Haley stayed, and The Chiefs beat The Packers, it becomes really difficult to fire him.

N TX Dave
12-19-2011, 09:47 PM

He had a hip replaced the year before he bacame the DC here and sit out the year if I am not mistaking but it might have been Wies.

TopekaRoy
12-20-2011, 02:34 AM

If his health issues haven't hampered his performance as DC or stopped the Chiefs from him for that position I don't see how it would be an obstacle to making him Head Coach.

They may have other reasons why they don't want to make him HC, but I don't see his hip replacement being one of them.

AkChief49
12-20-2011, 02:40 AM
He had a hip replaced the year before he bacame the DC here and sit out the year if I am not mistaking but it might have been Wies.
you are correct sir. Weis had gall bladder surgery Sept. of last year. Weis just had a hip replacement surgery today. He'll be robo coach. I think he's had both knees done already.

drstandley31
12-20-2011, 01:26 PM
I was warming to the idea last week and am much more on board after today. Let's see how the next two go. If he can at least make these games competitive, I say we make Crennel the HC.
Not me. Watched him in Cleveland. He's soft on the players. They "like" him. Too much like Herm. And his teams never did anything. I also think he's over-rated as DC. We've been BLOWN OUT 6 times going back to the end of last season. We've had some good games; like pittsburgh, and Green Bay, but how do you let a winless Miami blow you out at home. No consistancy. He hasn't given his teams, or his defense an identity. Looks like a nice guy, and an ok coach, but we need a lot more than that.

dbolan
12-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Not me. Watched him in Cleveland. He's soft on the players. They "like" him. Too much like Herm. And his teams never did anything. I also think he's over-rated as DC. We've been BLOWN OUT 6 times going back to the end of last season. We've had some good games; like pittsburgh, and Green Bay, but how do you let a winless Miami blow you out at home. No consistancy. He hasn't given his teams, or his defense an identity. Looks like a nice guy, and an ok coach, but we need a lot more than that.

I agree 100% but believe me...From saying that in other threads, you will get hammered over it.

According to a few others here, the blowouts to the defense were caused by the Chiefs poor offense. lmao Go figure that one!

N TX Dave
12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
I agree 100% but believe me...From saying that in other threads, you will get hammered over it.

According to a few others here, the blowouts to the defense were caused by the Chiefs poor offense. lmao Go figure that one!

Well I am not sold on him as HC I say lets see how the season plays out. But I will say blowouts can be blamed on the offense look at the jets game it was close the first half but the D was on the field over 20 minutes the O had a total of 4 yards they got wore out to go 110% for 30 minutes over a game is not as hard on your body as giving 40+ minutes knowing that no matter how good you do the other half is not going to do anything. They knew they had lost already the O did not score as many points the whole game as the Jets did in a half.

If your company builds the best widget in the world and if the sales department does not sell it what it going to happen to the engineering department? Are they going to keep designing the best or are they going to give up and go somewhere else?

Ryfo18
12-20-2011, 02:20 PM

To me the thing that stands out in everyone one of those blowouts: 17 turnovers in those 6 games.

It's easy to turn around and put it on Romeo, but when your offense doesn't move the ball, turns it over, and and gives the other team a short field to work with, the game can get out of hand quick.

matthewschiefs
12-20-2011, 02:26 PM
To me the thing that stands out in everyone one of those blowouts: 17 turnovers in those 6 games.

It's easy to turn around and put it on Romeo, but when your offense doesn't move the ball, turns it over, and and gives the other team a short field to work with, the game can get out of hand quick.

THIS

It also doesn't help when your D is on the field constantly. Any D would have be worn down by the end of games. Look at the pats game. If our offense does anything in that game maybe the D isn't completly worn coming into the 2nd half. This is a team that has play up and down. That goes more on the head coach then anyone eles. If Romeo can do every week what he did last week then he would be a NICE upgrade at Head Coach lets wait and see before we judge. So far we only have 1 game to judge with him and this team. And that is a good result. Now lets see if he can keep it up.