PDA

View Full Version : Did Crennel Just Win the Job?

jap1
12-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Did Crennel just win the job as Head Coach with a win over GB?

As much as I hate the guy, did Muir actually do a good job with the game planning?

I liked Haley, but after this game, he obviously didnt have the heart of the team or the offense planning done correctly.

jkm555
12-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't know but I won't mind him as the HC

hardcorechiefsfan
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Crennel? I thought that was Romeo.

#58ChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 04:14 PM
He made one hell of an impression. Whether it is here or elsewhere.

jb908
12-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I'd Say So. Clearly has the respect of his boys too

OPLookn
12-18-2011, 04:22 PM
If we win against the Raiders and the Broncos I don't know how we can choose anyone else over Crennel. I'm curious how HC's do in their second stints after being fired the first time. Maybe he's ready for a second chance...

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 04:26 PM
I don't think he won the job but he took a BIG step in doing that.

Haley was not the right guy for this job. I still Like Haley and I even still think that he's a good football Coach. He just wasn't right for us. Today is anther sign that it's not the injuries that kept this team from competeing it was something eles. And Haley was part of that. This team plays up and down to there competion that's not something you can blame on injuries. You can't tell me that injuries are the reason why this team lost 31-3 at home to the dolphins but can beat the UNBEATEN Packers.

Hayvern
12-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't ink we can say he won the job, but similar performances against Denver and Oakland will make people stand up and take note.

kcvet
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
we won because of the absense of Haley !!!!

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I would say he won the first round of debate. But I and several others have said if the top 3 HC candidates were not going to sign on, it should go to Crennel. But I know Pioli is still talking to Cowher, Fisher and (God help us) McDaniels, so it is not a slam dunk as our fantastic win might suggest.

kcvet
12-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I would say he won the first round of debate. But I and several others have said if the top 3 HC candidates were not going to sign on, it should go to Crennel. But I know Pioli is still talking to Cowher, Fisher and (God help us) McDaniels, so it is not a slam dunk as our fantastic win might suggest.

Cowher and Mcstupid are out

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I know Cowher said he wasn't interested in coaching in 2012, but an NFL story said those 3 were still in contention Friday. I hope we don't get them now. I would really like to see Crennel earn this job a rock the AFC West.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2011, 04:54 PM

As much as I hate the guy, did Muir actually do a good job with the game planning?

I liked Haley, but after this game, he obviously didnt have the heart of the team or the offense planning done correctly.

Honestly i think we lose crennel if he doesnt get it and the team seem to really like him. Pioli has to think that. He seems to be completely professional he supported haley to the end but u would have thought he coached this team all year long with the way both sides played today. How do u not give it to him. Very diificult situation handled brilliantly.

N TX Dave
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Remember what happened when we got a HC that Cleveland had fired he worked out pretty good for a few years. His name Marty Schottenheimer

hardcorechiefsfan
12-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Remember what happened when we got a HC that Cleveland had fired he worked out pretty good for a few years. His name Marty Schottenheimer
I liked Marty.

SIC J
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Don't get carried away now. It was only 1 game. LOL

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM

Seems like someone mentioned something about that earlier...:bananen_smilies046:

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 05:06 PM

Very true. Lets see what this team looks like the rest of the season before we give him the job. But that 1 game is a VERY good start.

hardcorechiefsfan
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I agree. With both Romeo and Orton, We need to see more games to be sure that today wasn't a fluke.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Tried to post my reply from last week, but can't from the other thread. Bummer.

Hayvern
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, i will say this, if Fisher is not on the table, then we stay with Crennel, I don't see anyone else that is available beating him out of the job.

nigeriannightmare
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Well, i will say this, if Fisher is not on the table, then we stay with Crennel, I don't see anyone else that is available beating him out of the job.

If we do get fisher i would think we lose crennel....

Bike
12-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Yes he did.

lordchillz
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I'd have to say he won the job. What other INTERIM coach has came into the league with only 3 games left and defeat the undefeated/superbowl champs in a pretty dominant fashion. Crennel squashed the QB contraversy and made a decision that was sound and understandable. He has kept this defense competitive all season! What coach is gonna come here next year and achieve or maintain this course? He's come in and earned a 3-year chance at least! If you disagree then I hope your argument is far better than mine! I was for Haley staying but I like what I see from Crennel! He's taken a basic, forward approach with our team and I think that's all we've ever asked for as fans! Win or lose, we don't mind as long as the BS is not attached to it! Kc fans have never been afraid of the truth about our team, just the management. I know we don't pay or own this team but you gotta give the customer something good to walk away with! Can I get an amen?! Lol!

raiderhater79
12-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I think he deserves a shot at it.

josh1971
12-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Well, I look at it this way. One of the big knocks around here is that under Haley, we had trouble beating anyone with a winning record. This, today, was THE team with a winning record, and under Romeo, we got the win.

Sure, it's only one game, and I'm curious to see the next two as well. But he does seem to have the favor of the players, and that's a factor that really helps.

OPLookn
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
If Crennel wins the last 2 games of the seasons...IF he does and he doesn't get the HC job I think we lose him to another team making him their HC.

Canada
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM

If we do get fisher i would think we lose crennel....Better not, Crennel is better for this team than Fisher!!

Vandelay
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Romeo should get the job. Pull the interim title now.
It's not hard to see the players like and respect him. It was nice to see a coach who looked like he gave a sh!t.

MissingTBone
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
This was definitely a great win for our organization, but... I don't think this should stop us from looking at all available candidates at seasons end. As I've stated before, I'm not a Romeo fan, but finishing the season with 3 wins would make me happy. Today our team played as a TEAM. We still have many holes to fill, first being OL. if we can address this during the off season, and have interviewed people who are possible HC candidates, and Romeo is the best fit, then we should stick with him. But, lets let the last 2 games play out before we jump to any conclusions.

Chiefster
12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Romeo did a good job preparing for the undefeated SB Champs; I'm interested in seeing how we do the next two weeks.

pojote
12-19-2011, 10:05 AM
I really would like to see him next year, but now he won't be back if he isn't HC. We need a new OC also.

N TX Dave
12-19-2011, 11:51 AM
Well I just read this don't know how true it is -

This past hour on 610 AM radio, host Mark Carmen indicated that according to "his sources", Jeff Fisher to the Chiefs was a "done deal" and that he would be coming into KC "soon".

dbolan
12-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't ink we can say he won the job, but similar performances against Denver and Oakland will make people stand up and take note.

I would tend to agree with this. Giving him the job at this point would be herky jerky.

Different story with Orton though. He has been a starter that produces and has good leaderships skills.