PDA

View Full Version : The important things we learned today:

jap1
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
1. Our offense can move the ball with a better game plan. We may be a new OC away from being very competitive.

2. The players love Romeo Crennel. It was nice seeing D.Bowe celebrating with the coach after the gatorade bath.

3. We have no run interior run game ... i.e. we need help on the OL. I think some other people hit the nail on the head that the weak links are Lilja and Weigmann because of their age and being undersized. Thats not giving Richardson a pass, he needs to be replaced as well.

4. We are likely to compete in the next two games, meaning we may win our way out of the top 4 QBs in the draft (which I am perfectly fine with, get help on the OL).

figcrostic
12-18-2011, 04:19 PM
5) Kyle Orton can do a lot with good WR's

#58ChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 04:21 PM
6) Dont judge someones head coach ablilty by their time in Cleveland

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 04:21 PM
7) This team has more talent then most think.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, Schottaleadenheimer stunk up Cleveland and came here and made us real good. Maybe it's time for history to repeat itself.

jb908
12-18-2011, 04:22 PM
6) Can't discount double check the CHIEFS

jap1
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM

6) Dont judge someones head coach ablilty by their time in Cleveland

7) This team has more talent then most think.

This, this and this!

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
6) Can't discount double check the CHIEFS

:lol: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

texaschief
12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
whatever... we won this game because the Chiefs have too many injuries...

... wait... :lol:

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 04:30 PM

:lol: :chiefs: :chiefs: :chiefs:

Hayvern
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM

Injuries are an excuse, and Green Bay is going to use that excuse for losing this game. Howie Long post game already started doing that. frankly, green bay came in here thinking this was going to be a blow out and they were surprised like many other people. A lot of money was made in Vegas today.

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Injuries are an excuse, and Green Bay is going to use that excuse for losing this game. Howie Long post game already started doing that. frankly, green bay came in here thinking this was going to be a blow out and they were surprised like many other people. A lot of money was made in Vegas today.

Fox was already making excuses at the end of the game. Claiming that there was a bad call. Funny how they NEVER talk about Hali being CLEARLY held in the endzone that should have been a safety or any other time that he's held.

People can make all the excuses in the world WE HAVE INJURIES TO. The scoreboard will talk enough for those who no football

lovenflrefs1
12-18-2011, 04:39 PM
How can you make injury excuses? Look at Kansas City. Howie Long is a joke and just angry because he hates KC.

How about Hali? Can you even defend that man without penalties?

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35izoz/ (http://qkme.me/35izoz)

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 04:40 PM
How can you make injury excuses? Look at Kansas City. Howie Long is a joke and just angry because he hates KC.

How about Hali? Can you even defend that man without penalties?

Seriously Are You Serious - get held all day get 3 sacks (http://qkme.me/35izoz)

What do you expect from an ex faider. Class?

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 04:42 PM
What do you expect from an ex faider. Class?

Howie is an unapologetic F*ckland Traider. I expect no less. His hatred of KC is welcomed by me, though. It makes my seething, boiling hatred of F*ckland that much stronger.

N TX Dave
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Howie is an unapologetic F*ckland Traider. I expect no less. His hatred of KC is welcomed by me, though. It makes my seething, boiling hatred of F*ckland that much stronger.

I just never listen to him because he is so biased in his coverage just not of the Cheifs but other teams if they are the teams that he picked then he makes excueses for them but if they are not his picked team then they get no credit. The problem is he is wrong as much as he is correct.

So he can kiss my :mooning:

ctchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm as excited about this win as anyone.....Feels like being let out of HE!! after a long stay.....but I think some folks are getting a little carried away....

First.....Our D was great....they are the first D to hold GB to under 24 points all season. Despite Hali being all but hogtied by holding most of the game he was in Rogers face most of the day and managed 3 sacks. No doubt our D brought their "A" game today. But then the D has always been good this year when they brought their "A" game. They still need to show they can do it every game....even when we are down by 7 or 10 or 14 points....None the less, holding GB to 14 points was a GREAT accomplishment.

Our O looked pretty good out there. NOTHING like what we have seen most of this season. IMO out O-line played far and away their best game of the season.

That said....GB looked nothing like the team that has been blowing people out. I think they looked past us and forgot the "Any given Sunday" rule. And, like us, they had some injuries and we gave them a few more.

Orton was impressive. He threw behind some receivers especially in the first half, but he did very well given the how little time he has had working with this offense.

So there is lots of good in this game, but 1 game does not a season make.

I think there are real questions about whether Orton has any interest in playing for the Chiefs next year. He played well for us today.....far better than Palko or Cassel has this year but then our O-line did too. I hope we can resign Orton but I am far from certain we can.

A GREAT win today and it certainly shows that despite the overwhelming injuries we have had this season we still have a lot of great talent.....And much of it is young talent.

But before I get too excited, I want to see us beat the Raiders and Denver and do it with touchdowns not Field Goals.

:chiefs::chiefs::chiefs::chiefs:

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM
All points are valid. Orton will want to be here if he can continue with the success like he had today. Honestly, there are few teams that will pay him much and very few that will make him a starter. I like Cassel and would love to see him light it up next year, BUT if Orton is the X factor that ignites this offense, then sign him and make him the starter. I, for one, am not ready to give up on Cassel. But I am all for making the best guy our QB, whichever one can perform consistently. I really think we don't need to think about drafting a QB now. Let's get the OL beefed up and have a QB gunfight.

kcvet
12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
who's Howie Long??? oh. 1st row 2nd seat big mouth

Bike
12-18-2011, 06:37 PM
The important thing I learned today is that Haley was taking this team in the wrong direction.

Congratulations - CHIEFS!

Bike
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
All points are valid. Orton will want to be here if he can continue with the success like he had today. Honestly, there are few teams that will pay him much and very few that will make him a starter. I like Cassel and would love to see him light it up next year, BUT if Orton is the X factor that ignites this offense, then sign him and make him the starter. I, for one, am not ready to give up on Cassel. But I am all for making the best guy our QB, whichever one can perform consistently. I really think we don't need to think about drafting a QB now. Let's get the OL beefed up and have a QB gunfight.
We got a QB that can read defenses and a HC that can LEAD! Better late than never!!!

ctchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 06:45 PM
We got a QB that can read defenses

No, we don't.....at least not for more than the next 2 weeks. It is far from certain we can keep him past then.

Bike
12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
No, we don't.....at least not for more than the next 2 weeks. It is far from certain we can keep him past then.
You can say that about any free agent. But right now he is a CHIEF and we will have first shot at him - if he wants to stay around. And why wouldn't he? He just defeated the undefeated SB champs! He's from the midwest. And most importantly, he can see that this team is (finally) doing the right things to win. I believe that Orton (and the rest of the players) will love playing for RC.
I would like to take this opportunity to eat a side dish of crow. Tasty.

raiderhater79
12-18-2011, 07:13 PM

Playing the Raiders and the Broncos will be a another major test for Orton. So far I like what I see and hopefully he can keep it up

:chiefs:

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
We got a QB that can read defenses and a HC that can LEAD! Better late than never!!!

Again, with time to read and throw, he was successful. This is by no means the beginning and end of evaluating Orton. Denver D will put far more pressure on our OL than the 2nd worst defense in the league. This game really has said more about our defense than the abilities of Orton. You cannot discount how bad GB defense has been. But our defense stepped up and kept it from becoming a shootout that GB would have won-easily.

Bike
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Again, with time to read and throw, he was successful. This is by no means the beginning and end of evaluating Orton. Denver D will put far more pressure on our OL than the 2nd worst defense in the league. This game really has said more about our defense than the abilities of Orton. You cannot discount how bad GB defense has been. But our defense stepped up and kept it from becoming a shootout that GB would have won-easily.All I know is the guy seemed to make quick reads. Are you seriously giving GB's (bad? 19 straight wins? SB champs?) defense the credit for the Chiefs win today?

josh1971
12-18-2011, 08:02 PM
But before I get too excited, I want to see us beat the Raiders and Denver and do it with touchdowns not Field Goals.

Ummm... I don't care how we do it, as long as we beat Jesus and the Broncos, and the Raiders, I'm good with it.

We could score on a safety, and as long as that's more points than the others? It's good.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
All I know is the guy seemed to make quick reads. Are you seriously giving GB's (bad? 19 straight wins? SB champs?) defense the credit for the Chiefs win today?

"This game really has said more about our defense than the abilities of Orton."

NFL Stats: by Team Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=NFC&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG)

After today, they are now the 32nd ranked defense. So yes, I stand by my comment that this game was more a reflection of our defense stopping Green Bay than our offense looking good. I am glad our offense looked so much better, but that does not mean as much playing THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL!

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Really, does anyone read and comprehend what is written? Or do people read into what someone writes what they want it to say? Let's clarify:
1) Our defense stopped the #1 offense.
2) Our offense won against the (now) worst defense in the NFL.

Does that reflect better on the offense or the defense? That's simple enough. I think that can't be misunderstood or misconstrued.

toyotapower
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
We learned that we are still alive in the playoff hunt, although we need help. We have to win the last two, the broncos have to lose next week at buffalo and the chargers have to lose once more. Its really not all that far fetched

Bike
12-18-2011, 08:20 PM
"This game really has said more about our defense than the abilities of Orton."

NFL Stats: by Team Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&statisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=NFC&role=OPP&season=2011&seasonType=REG)

After today, they are now the 32nd ranked defense. So yes, I stand by my comment that this game was more a reflection of our defense stopping Green Bay than our offense looking good. I am glad our offense looked so much better, but that does not mean as much playing THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL!
Ok man. You can have your stats. The only stat I care about is the win. And Orton was the qb. Our defense was AWESOME, and our offense clicked like it hasn't all year. But that probably had nothing to do with Orton or Crennell.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Ok man. You can have your stats. The only stat I care about is the win. And Orton was the qb. Our defense was AWESOME, and our offense clicked like it hasn't all year. But that probably had nothing to do with Orton or Crennell.

Nowhere did I state any such criticism of our offense. If it gets you through the night pal...

josh1971
12-18-2011, 08:24 PM
We lose... we argue. We win? We argue.

Good god... *facepalm*

Bike
12-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Nowhere did I state any such criticism of our offense. If it gets you through the night pal...
We're pals? Relax. We won. And BTW, your link shows the Pats as the NFL's worst defense (They killed us 34-3)

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I have not argued in one sentence. That is the frustration of my posts. We won by holding the best offense to 14 points and scoring when we had to. I simply believe this was more about our defense. But the fact that our offense was so effective bodes well for the next two games because, while we dominated F*ckland and Donks defensively last time, we struggled offensively. I hope we can keep the pedal to the metal and win the AFC West again. I believe we can. Too bad Haley wasn't fired 3 weeks ago, we might be solidly in first place.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
We're pals? Relax. We won. And BTW, your link shows the Pats as the NFL's worst defense (They killed us 34-3)

Read the stats tomorrow. According to ESPN today dropped them to worst.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 08:31 PM
It means personal...forget it. Cassel sucks, Orton rocks. We have the QBOTF...

Bike
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I have not argued in one sentence. That is the frustration of my posts. We won by holding the best offense to 14 points and scoring when we had to. I simply believe this was more about our defense. But the fact that our offense was so effective bodes well for the next two games because, while we dominated F*ckland and Donks defensively last time, we struggled offensively. I hope we can keep the pedal to the metal and win the AFC West again. I believe we can. Too bad Haley wasn't fired 3 weeks ago, we might be solidly in first place.
I agree 100%.
:bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
12-19-2011, 01:09 AM
We lose... we argue. We win? We argue.

Good god... *facepalm*

We were all just one great big dysfunctional family. :lol:

ctchiefsfan
12-19-2011, 01:29 AM
if he wants to stay around.

Which is the KEY issue.

He didn't want to come here in the first place.

To stay he is going to want Cassel type money.

Hunt isn't going to pay for 2 quarterbacks at that kind of money.

Are you beginning to see the problem?

There will be no quarterback controversy next year.

That issue is going to be decided by whether we sign Orton or not.

If Orton stays, Cassel will be gone.

If we don't sign Orton, then Cassel is what we've got.

I cannot imagine any scenario where they are both here on the first kick off of preseason.

ctchiefsfan
12-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Playing the Raiders and the Broncos will be a another major test for Orton. So far I like what I see and hopefully he can keep it up

:chiefs:

100% agreed!

ctchiefsfan
12-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Ummm... I don't care how we do it, as long as we beat Jesus and the Broncos, and the Raiders, I'm good with it.

We could score on a safety, and as long as that's more points than the others? It's good.

Agreed.....A win is a win and any win is good.

But if we are going to be a Superbowl team again in my lifetime we're going to have to have an offense that does a better job of scoring TDs once we get into the red zone than we did today.

dbolan
12-19-2011, 09:28 AM

Kyle Orton has done well with one very good reciever and a corp of average recievers.

If he truly had 3 very good ones, the sky is the limit.

dbolan
12-19-2011, 09:33 AM
1. Our offense can move the ball with a better game plan. We may be a new OC away from being very competitive.

2. The players love Romeo Crennel. It was nice seeing D.Bowe celebrating with the coach after the gatorade bath.

3. We have no run interior run game ... i.e. we need help on the OL. I think some other people hit the nail on the head that the weak links are Lilja and Weigmann because of their age and being undersized. Thats not giving Richardson a pass, he needs to be replaced as well.

4. We are likely to compete in the next two games, meaning we may win our way out of the top 4 QBs in the draft (which I am perfectly fine with, get help on the OL).

1) The offense can move the ball better with Orton.

2) Celebration is good!

3) A fresh, younger lineman would help run and pass.

4) Agreed!

figcrostic
12-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Kyle Orton has done well with one very good reciever and a corp of average recievers.

If he truly had 3 very good ones, the sky is the limit.

Look at Brandon Lloyd's career prior and after playing with Orton he's very average.

pojote
12-19-2011, 10:32 AM
-Orton is better than Palko (I had to get a PhD to notice this)
-Orton wasn't very accurate, but well enough and made intelligent decisions.
-Our offense can't score TD's, so we need a new OC
-We are not far from great
-D line isn't that awful

I don't think offensive play calling was a lot different, but execution made the difference. A lot of short screen passes, a lot of YAC, a few long passes (but didn't get to GB hands).

dbolan
12-19-2011, 12:54 PM
The important thing I learned today is that Haley was taking this team in the wrong direction.

Congratulations - CHIEFS!

If a QB change can make this kind of difference in one game and in the future (will know in next 2 weeks) then was Haley the problem?

Who wanted Cassell? Was it Pioli or Haley?

Who wanted Orton? Pioli or Haley?

Do you think that there is a possibilty that Haley has been working with what was given to him?

Do you think Orton would have been just as successful had Haley been there?

Just like the thread where folks were excited about Bowe celebrating with Romeo...Yes, he was celebrating but it does not mean he was celebrating Haley's departure...he could have been celebrating the FACT that they actually had a QB that could lead the team!!

N TX Dave
12-19-2011, 01:57 PM
If a QB change can make this kind of difference in one game and in the future (will know in next 2 weeks) then was Haley the problem?

Who wanted Cassell? Was it Pioli or Haley?

Who wanted Orton? Pioli or Haley?

Do you think that there is a possibilty that Haley has been working with what was given to him?

Do you think Orton would have been just as successful had Haley been there?

Just like the thread where folks were excited about Bowe celebrating with Romeo...Yes, he was celebrating but it does not mean he was celebrating Haley's departure...he could have been celebrating the FACT that they actually had a QB that could lead the team!!

Yes I now think Haley was the problem it is apearent that he was the one that was playing Plako period. Romeo said that Plako was not the starter and it was going to be the rookie if Orton could not go so that means Haley made the decision to stick with Plako. The front office saw these things that we the public did not and I am sure that went into the decision to fire him. I personally like Haley but things were going on that I do not know about.

I bet it was Pioli that wanted Cassel with the NE ties.

No idea who wanted Orton don't know if we ever will.

Well Romeo had the same 53 players Haley had and they looked a lot better yesterday than they have in the last 6 weeks so that can not be an excuse.

Now I really don't think Orton would have looked near as good with Haley here the play calling was so much different than the past with the play action, screens and end runs. From some of the players coments I think everyone had fun yesterday and did not feel like they had to be prefect and do other players job they were more relaxed and playing (having fun) again.

I agree but I also think the players are more relaxed and not walking on egg shells and having to be prefect or suffer the rath of Haley. They like Romeo and respect him and I don't think Haley ever had the respect but it was fear that keep players in line. Now those are just my thoughts but watching the game yesterday and how all the players played he seems that way to me. Now lets see if they continue the next two games the same way.

ShockwaveRider
12-19-2011, 02:27 PM
You learned that you can even defeat the defending NFL World Champion Green Bay Packers if you can rush the QB with four or at a maximum, five guys and drop six or seven guys into effective man-to-man coverage.

Honestly? As a completely disinterested (in your team) football fan (since 1959)?

You guys seem to have PLENTY of talent on your team.

The only logical reason for a 6-8 record is poor coaching.

OK, I'll go away now and try to "get over" 13-1.

ShockwaveRider
Crooked Lake, Wisconsin

ctchiefsfan
12-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Honestly? As a completely disinterested (in your team) football fan (since 1959)?

Yes we do. Not only a lot of talent, but also quite a bit of YOUNG talent.

Don't mind all this squabbling going on. It has been a tough season for us.....losing season. BLOWOUTS....coach fired....

We're all scrambling trying to figure out who to blame and how to fix it.....and naturally we don't all completely agree.

ShockwaveRider
12-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Don't mind all this squabbling going on. It has been a tough season for us.....losing season. BLOWOUTS....coach fired....

No worries....you guys remind me alot of the Atlanta Falcons fans. Friendly....courteous.....students of the game. Just because we both have NFL teams shouldn't mean that we have to hate each others guts.

Go to purplepride.com, that Minnesota Vikings fan-site. Look at the dirty, filthy things they post up about us. Can't keep a civil tongue in their heads.

But back OT, you guys have a good team.

This Tamba Hali guy is a BEAST.

Believe me, we Green Bay Packer fans would MUCH rather have lost to KC than say, Chicago.

jap1
12-19-2011, 03:11 PM
You learned that you can even defeat the defending NFL World Champion Green Bay Packers if you can rush the QB with four or at a maximum, five guys and drop six or seven guys into effective man-to-man coverage.

The only logical reason for a 6-8 record is poor coaching.

OK, I'll go away now and try to "get over" 13-1.

ShockwaveRider
Crooked Lake, Wisconsin

Thanks for the complement. It was a good game. I thought Rodgers was going to pull it out for a minute. Good luck in the playoffs!

matthewschiefs
12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
No worries....you guys remind me alot of the Atlanta Falcons fans. Friendly....courteous.....students of the game. Just because we both have NFL teams shouldn't mean that we have to hate each others guts.

Go to purplepride.com, that Minnesota Vikings fan-site. Look at the dirty, filthy things they post up about us. Can't keep a civil tongue in their heads.

But back OT, you guys have a good team.

This Tamba Hali guy is a BEAST.

Believe me, we Green Bay Packer fans would MUCH rather have lost to KC than say, Chicago.

I have a lot of respect in your fan base as well. My sister married into a family of Packers fans. There was a lot of trash talk on both sides going into the game but it was all fun in nature. You guys are going to be fine. You still have a shot to win it all. As good as any team left. Now you won't have the pressure of all the media attention about being unbeaten. See we were kind enough to do you a favor :D :lol:

Hali is REALLY underrated. As are a number of guys on this team. This team showed yesterday that they are closer to being a contender then what many want to believe.

TopekaRoy
12-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the kind words ShockwaveRider!

This line made me :lol:

I'm an even bigger Bear fan than I am a Chiefs fan so either way I would've been happy. But you know aht would make me really happy?

If both teams beat the Packers!

The way the Bears have been playing lately, though I don't see that happening. But I didn't see the Chiefs winning either so you never know ...

ShockwaveRider
12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
See we were kind enough to do you a favor :D :lol:

Well, quite frankly, it's pointless to cry over spilled milk.

The Green Bay Packers goals were obviously to "win as many games as possible", "make the playoffs" and "win the Super Bowl". I heard no mention of "winning every single game". Of course that would have been nice.

It's the national media that's been blabbing about "the greatest team ever" blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc. Better than the '96 Packers with Brett Favre, Reggie White, Sean Jones, LeRoy Butler, Antonio Freeman et al? Better than the '66 Packers with Bart Starr, Boyd Dowler, Carrol Dale, Ray Nitchske, Willie Davis etc al?

Um.....no. This is not even the greatest PACKER team of all time. A great run of victories no doubt.

We're in trouble....with our OL injuries and such.

Our team looks tired and worn out.

Maybe the bye week will help.

Once again, congrats on the win and......

:beer:

AkChief49
12-19-2011, 04:23 PM
But did they not win last year with basically their 2nd team? Was that not what all the talking heads were falling over last year? How GB did it anyway,(no disrespect to GB) with out all their starters. It was predictable what they(talking heads) were going to say after this game. I told my wife at the final that would be the "lead" for them -too many injuries.
On any Sunday.......

Paperbag Face
12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Living in Chicago, I kind of like the Packers. It's probably perverse that I really enjoy watching the locals squirm, but oh well.

I've been a fan of Orton's for a while. He's no superstar, but he's not bad.

I think Cassel plays scared. I think he spends more time worrying about not making a mistake, than making a play. Haley, I think he was coaching to not lose. Bad combo. Makes for no offense.

I think it would be great if we could resign Orton, and get some value for Cassel. Maybe a 5th or something. I don't know if we can get much higher than that.

I think Orton starting with Stanzi learning sounds good.

ShockwaveRider
12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
In 2010 the Packers lost:

RB Ryan Grant, ankle (major)
RT Mark Tauscher, shoulder (major)
ILB Nick Barnett, wrist (major)
S Morgan Burnett, knee (major)
OLB Brandon Chillar, shoulder (major)
FB Quinn Johnson, glute (minor)
TE JerkMichael Finley, hamstring (major)
NT Ryan Pickett, ankle (major)
TE Donald Lee, shoulder (minor)
ST Derrick Lee, shoulder (minor)
OLB Frank Zombo, knee (major)

Then the Packers briefly lost.....

QB Aaron Rodgers, concussion (MAJOR)
ILB Clay Matthews (MAJOR)

.....but they returned for the playoffs.

TopekaRoy
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
In 2010 the Packers lost:

RB Ryan Grant, ankle (major)
RT Mark Tauscher, shoulder (major)
ILB Nick Barnett, wrist (major)
S Morgan Burnett, knee (major)
OLB Brandon Chillar, shoulder (major)
FB Quinn Johnson, glute (minor)
TE JerkMichael Finley, hamstring (major)
NT Ryan Pickett, ankle (major)
TE Donald Lee, shoulder (minor)
ST Derrick Lee, shoulder (minor)
OLB Frank Zombo, knee (major)

Then the Packers briefly lost.....

QB Aaron Rodgers, concussion (MAJOR)
ILB Clay Matthews (MAJOR)

.....but they returned for the playoffs.
And that's a big reason why they lost 6 games in the regular season and barely snuck into the playoffs. Their outstanding depth was just enough to get them through and a lot of those players were healthy for the playoffs (if I remember right).

You have to give the team credit for the backups who stepped in and played well. The Packers got hot at the right time and have been hot ever since.

... until last Sunday, of course. :D