PDA

View Full Version : Sign Bowe Long Term

jb908
12-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I think he made it clear today. If he gets good balls thrown is way, he will make plays as good as anyone. We need to make it a top priority to get this man resigned long term.

azchiefsfan
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
I am now indifferent to Bowe. He can show up or take the day off. We just don't know. If he can be signed cheaply, then yeah, sign him. If he keeps holding out for a huge paycheck, franchise and trade him for a high draft pick. He's just not that big of a deal on our offense enough to matter.

jb908
12-18-2011, 05:48 PM
I respectfully disagree. I would pay him top receiver money. Last year he was nasty all year. He got screwed this year by poor qb play.

figcrostic
12-18-2011, 06:49 PM
I respectfully disagree. I would pay him top receiver money. Last year he was nasty all year. He got screwed this year by poor qb play.

This! Bowe is a 1 WR even with the horrible play calling and a JV highschool qb throwing the ball to him in Palko he will still have over 1000 yards. With a guy like Orton he'd be among the NFL elite.

Ryfo18
12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
+1...bring Bowe back and let's win some Super Bowls

chief31
12-18-2011, 09:40 PM

I am all for keeping Bowe.

But he was worse than not playing for the first third of the 2010 season.

He had several good games in 2010. But he still came in in 2011 and managed to drop more passes than he should.

I am not who has a problem calling his a legitimate NFL #1 WR.

But this one game does not change his inability to be consistent.

matthewschiefs
12-18-2011, 09:42 PM
I am all for keeping Bowe.

But he was worse than not playing for the first third of the 2010 season.

He had several good games in 2010. But he still came in in 2011 and managed to drop more passes than he should.

I am not who has a problem calling his a legitimate NFL #1 WR.

But this one game does not change his inability to be consistent.

I agree.

Bowe is a DARN good WR in the NFL. But he's one that needs anther number 1 WR to be good. I don't think him alone is a number 1 WR. He just goes to many games where he's a non factor.

AkChief49
12-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I agree.

Bowe is a DARN good WR in the NFL. But he's one that needs anther number 1 WR to be good. I don't think him alone is a number 1 WR. He just goes to many games where he's a non factor.
Or, a jamb-up running game.

dbolan
12-20-2011, 09:43 AM
....But he's one that needs anther number 1 WR to be good. I don't think him alone is a number 1 WR...

Correct. If we refuse to address the WR's once again, there will never be a group of linemen to provide good enough protection to throw the ball.

3 seconds vs. 5 seconds is a big freegin deal.

TopekaRoy
12-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Correct. If we refuse to address the WR's once again, there will never be a group of linemen to provide good enough protection to throw the ball.

Yeah. Maybe they should draft a WR and sign one who is a free agent.

Wait. That's what they did this year.

dbolan
12-20-2011, 11:56 AM

You point is?

OPLookn
12-20-2011, 12:32 PM
You point is?

His point is that we did draft WR's this year to complete out our front line. You want to worry about the water flowing over the dam instead of the water leaking out of holes in the dam. Let's fix those holes and then worry about the depth you seem to want so badly.

dbolan
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
His point is that we did draft WR's this year to complete out our front line. You want to worry about the water flowing over the dam instead of the water leaking out of holes in the dam. Let's fix those holes and then worry about the depth you seem to want so badly.

Since '03 we have drafted 8 tackles and 3 guards. not to mention the other signings/moves/trades with or from other teams.

We go through more linemen than Rosie O'Donnell and bags of potato chips.

Every year I hear the riff raff about needing linemen.

Apparently what we need is soemone that can scout GOOD talent for all positions.

OPLookn
12-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Since '03 we have drafted 8 tackles and 3 guards. not to mention the other signings/moves/trades with or from other teams.

Apparently what we need is soemone that can scout GOOD talent for all positions.

The average NFL player plays for 3 years, that's 11 linemen in 8 years. I'll take that and that bag of chips because it's lunch time and I'm hungry dang it!

You probably were yelling at the tv this Sunday too when we were inside the 5 yard line and couldn't get the push to get our guy in the end zone until the fifth try. But nah, we don't need better linemen.

chief31
12-20-2011, 01:19 PM

It's 7 OTs, and only one in the first three rounds, that one being OG Branden Albert.

Meanwhile, we have drafted 10 WRs in the same time period, two first rounders, and a second round pick.

The reason you keep hearing about the O-line is because it continues to be an area of serious need.

I think we have done a good job of building the inside of the line. And we have seen some real improvement there, just this season.

But the group, as a whole, is still lacking.

I think, if we get one OT (either side) and get a better offensive system in place, they can be a real strength for this team.

But, they have been a liability, more than they have not been, for about five years now.

And, unless that changes, get used to hearing about it.

dbolan
12-20-2011, 01:23 PM
The average NFL player plays for 3 years, that's 11 linemen in 8 years. I'll take that and that bag of chips because it's lunch time and I'm hungry dang it!

You probably were yelling at the tv this Sunday too when we were inside the 5 yard line and couldn't get the push to get our guy in the end zone until the fifth try. But nah, we don't need better linemen.

For the record, I have coached O-line and D-line and I am well aware of how important they are. However, I also know that when you have "lesser" targets in the passing game and/or a QB that cannot hit the targets, the defense can play 1-1 coverage and pressure the opposing offensive line, thus crippling the running game as well.

When you are out numbered, it makes e few things more difficult to do, period.

chief31
12-20-2011, 08:08 PM
For the record, I have coached O-line and D-line and I am well aware of how important they are. However, I also know that when you have "lesser" targets in the passing game and/or a QB that cannot hit the targets, the defense can play 1-1 coverage and pressure the opposing offensive line, thus crippling the running game as well.

When you are out numbered, it makes e few things more difficult to do, period.

That would be all well and good.......

...if we were guilty of a lot of coverage sacks.

Unfortunately, we rarely get to hold the football long enough to consider a sack a coverage sack.

Bowe is extremely good. And his numbers would be among the elites, if we were A.) Passing more frequently, and B.) Not hurried to throw through most of the year.

TopekaRoy
12-21-2011, 03:14 AM
You point is?
Wait... Are you serious?

You said:

If we refuse to address the WR's once again
...and I said:

How is this going over your head?

Let me spell it out for you. The Chiefs have NOT refused to address the WR position. In fact they just did address the wide receiver position! You may not like who they got, but to say they refused to address the position is simply untrue.

What would you have them do? Draft 3 WRs? Sign 3 WRs in free agency?

Please define "address" in this context.

Maybe I'm the one who isn't getting it.

dbolan
12-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Wait... Are you serious?

You said:

...and I said:

How is this going over your head?

Let me spell it out for you. The Chiefs have NOT refused to address the WR position. In fact they just did address the wide receiver position! You may not like who they got, but to say they refused to address the position is simply untrue.

What would you have them do? Draft 3 WRs? Sign 3 WRs in free agency?

Please define "address" in this context.

Maybe I'm the one who isn't getting it.

Pardon me Roy....My intent was to say "UPGRADE" the WR positions..ALL of them.

Yes they have been ADDRESSED as well as the O-LINE, I suppose! LOL!

Chiefster
12-21-2011, 09:42 AM
:lol:

I love this thread!

OPLookn
12-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Pardon me Roy....My intent was to say "UPGRADE" the WR positions..ALL of them.

Yes they have been ADDRESSED as well as the O-LINE, I suppose! LOL!

Who exactly do you propose we go out and get? As we've already danced around Breaston is 37th in the league as a receiver. Bowe is 15th in the league and for not being a pass happy team I'd say that's amazing. Baldwin is a rookie and if you're willing to throw out a rookie then wow.

Here's all the people above Bowe:
1) Wes Welker (WR) - free agent in 2012
2) Calvin Johnson (WR) - free agent in 2013
3) Steve Smith (WR) - free agent in 2013
4) Victor Cruz (WR) - restricted free agent in 2013
6) Jimmy Graham,(TE) - Moeaki is coming back
7) Larry Fitzgerald (WR) - free agent in 2019
8) Rob Gronkowski (TE) - Moeaki is coming back
9) Roddy White (WR) - free agent in 2015
10) Mike Wallace (WR) - restricted free agent in 2012
11) Hakeem Nicks (WR) - free agent in 2014
12) Vincent Jackson (WR) - free agent in 2012
13) Brandon Marshall (WR) - free agent in 2015
14) A.J. Green (WR) - rookie, restricted free agent in 2015

I didn't look at the TE's since you want better WR's. So with that Wes Welker and Mike Wallace are available in 2012 and if you think the Pats don't resign Welker you're out of your mind. Wallace I admittedly don't know much about. Past him though who are these amazing receivers you're going to bring in that will put all of ours to shame?

Not to mention that Wallace has a 100 more yards than Bowe. If you take out Palko and put in a QB that should actually be starting I'd say that Bowe is at the same level as Wallace. Now it's your turn oh great swammy, who do we magically get to replace these horrible receivers of ours?

dbolan
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Who exactly do you propose we go out and get? As we've already danced around Breaston is 37th in the league as a receiver. Bowe is 15th in the league and for not being a pass happy team I'd say that's amazing. Baldwin is a rookie and if you're willing to throw out a rookie then wow.

Here's all the people above Bowe:
1) Wes Welker (WR) - free agent in 2012
2) Calvin Johnson (WR) - free agent in 2013
3) Steve Smith (WR) - free agent in 2013
4) Victor Cruz (WR) - restricted free agent in 2013
6) Jimmy Graham,(TE) - Moeaki is coming back
7) Larry Fitzgerald (WR) - free agent in 2019
8) Rob Gronkowski (TE) - Moeaki is coming back
9) Roddy White (WR) - free agent in 2015
10) Mike Wallace (WR) - restricted free agent in 2012
11) Hakeem Nicks (WR) - free agent in 2014
12) Vincent Jackson (WR) - free agent in 2012
13) Brandon Marshall (WR) - free agent in 2015
14) A.J. Green (WR) - rookie, restricted free agent in 2015

I didn't look at the TE's since you want better WR's. So with that Wes Welker and Mike Wallace are available in 2012 and if you think the Pats don't resign Welker you're out of your mind. Wallace I admittedly don't know much about. Past him though who are these amazing receivers you're going to bring in that will put all of ours to shame?

Not to mention that Wallace has a 100 more yards than Bowe. If you take out Palko and put in a QB that should actually be starting I'd say that Bowe is at the same level as Wallace. Now it's your turn oh great swammy, who do we magically get to replace these horrible receivers of ours?

Are you making this a personal attack with the Swammy reference? ;-)

We can keep Bowe but as I have said before, I could care less if he stays or goes. My opinion, which I am entitled to, is that Bowe could do better as our #1 but I won't get into that right now.

I admit that Breaston was a very good pick-up is a move in the right direction. That being said, here is what I think about the whole WR deal in a nutshell:

Keep Bowe and Breaston but NEED a Colston or Garcon or Wallace to really pose a passing threat anywhere on the field. The ones we have left can continue to develop, IE Baldwin, etc.

From there, spend all the picks or signings where ever you deem neccessary.

The Swami has spoken....LOL:chiefs:

OPLookn
12-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Are you making this a personal attack with the Swammy reference? ;-)

We can keep Bowe but as I have said before, I could care less if he stays or goes. My opinion, which I am entitled to, is that Bowe could do better as our #1 but I won't get into that right now.

I admit that Breaston was a very good pick-up is a move in the right direction. That being said, here is what I think about the whole WR deal in a nutshell:

Keep Bowe and Breaston but NEED a Colston or Garcon or Wallace to really pose a passing threat anywhere on the field. The ones we have left can continue to develop, IE Baldwin, etc.

From there, spend all the picks or signings where ever you deem neccessary.

The Swami has spoken....LOL:chiefs:

Nope, not a personal attack but I'm sure you figured that out. I always liked the Johnny Carson/Ed McMahon swammy skit. Any time I use the word swammy I can see him tearing open that envelope. Anyway, you get the idea.

Segwaying into ideas, I like the idea of picking one of those guys up. However if we do I think it stunts the growth of Baldwin who's been doing better as the season progresses. Won't be upset if we did that although I still think we have enough holes in the team to spend the money elsewhere.

TopekaRoy
12-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Now it's your turn oh great swammy, who do we magically get to replace these horrible receivers of ours?
We could trade Hali, Flowers and Charles for Calvin Johnson.

http://plancksconstant.org/blog1/iamges/sub3/carnac-1.jpg

Eydugstr
12-21-2011, 07:54 PM
I think he made it clear today. If he gets good balls thrown is way, he will make plays as good as anyone. We need to make it a top priority to get this man resigned long term.

+1. For once, we have a really talented batch of recievers. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

:chiefs: