PDA

View Full Version : Okay we beat the Packers...Now what?

Eydugstr
12-19-2011, 07:03 AM
I'm really glad that we won, but unless we go into the playoffs and win at least one playoff game...what will it do to the team in the off-season? How far will we drop in the draft?

Regardless of whether we keep Crennel, or find a top name coach (Cowher, Fisher) I hope we're in a draft position that will give them everything they need to rebuild the team in the way they need.

PhillyChief
12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
(I'd link to Mora's playoff quote, but I don't have 10 posts yet)

It's amazing what having a competent QB can do for you, though. The Chiefs got trounced several times this year, but imagine having Orton for the Steelers game, or even that first Denver game. Maybe even that Patriots game would have gone better (maybe not a win, but hey, if the D wasn't out there ALL the time...)

So anyway, with a competent QB and the return next year of Berry, Charles and Moeaki, they can be formidable. They still need help on both lines, though. Still, how funny would it be if everyone in the AFC West goes 8-8? That would make the Chiefs the division winner, having the only winning record within the division.

TopekaRoy
12-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm really glad that we won, but unless we go into the playoffs and win at least one playoff game...what will it do to the team in the off-season? How far will we drop in the draft?

Regardless of whether we keep Crennel, or find a top name coach (Cowher, Fisher) I hope we're in a draft position that will give them everything they need to rebuild the team in the way they need.
I would never root for the Chiefs to lose just so they can move up two or 3 spots in the draft. To me, that's not being a real fan.

It's not like there are only 8 good players in next years draft and if we pick 9th we lose out. We will still ha e the same number of picks regardless of our won / loss record and there will be plenty of good players available in the first 3 rounds wherever we pick.

#58ChiefsFan
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
IF we would win out, I would hate to see Romeo replaced, Cassel is due 5.25 million in 2012 so let him and Orton go to camp for the starting job, we should have enough cap to keep them both. Although from what I saw yesterday in terms of actually seeing a progression of routes by the QB I'm getting on the Orton bandwagon. Keep Stanzi as the second or third QB if either vet is unwilling to play the backup role. Get some line help and add depth so we can see a real run next year.

I would still like to play a first place schedule next year because that is how we are going to become a good team.

TopekaRoy
12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
(I'd link to Mora's playoff quote, but I don't have 10 posts yet)
I do! :D
Jim Mora Playoffs! - YouTube

And here's the extended dance remix!

jim mora remix - YouTube

tornadospotter
12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
I would never root for the Chiefs to lose just so they can move up two or 3 spots in the draft. To me, that's not being a real fan.

It's not like there are only 8 good players in next years draft and if we pick 9th we lose out. We will still ha e the same number of picks regardless of our won / loss record and there will be plenty of good players available in the first 3 rounds wherever we pick.
I totally agree with this statement!