PDA

View Full Version : Jeff fisher coach of chiefs supposebly done deal

marloweopatchiefs
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Danan Hughes reports Jeff Fisher will be named head coach of the KC Chiefs within the next few... - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/12/16/2640227/danan-hughes-reports-the-jeff-fisher-will-be-named-head-coach-of-the)

Not sure how legit it is

buffman316
12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
I would bet on this being a false rumor. The timing would be strange too

Ryfo18
12-19-2011, 12:32 PM
It's BS...Not buying this for one second. Once a credible source says the same, I'll buy it. Until then, I don't think this has any truth to it.

azchiefsfan
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM
On ESPN this morning, Billick said that he can't be communicating with any of the 3 teams needing coaches until the end of regular season. But that he's very interested in the Miami job. So this report would make no sense. They can't sign Fisher, or anyone, or make official contact and negotiations until the end of regular season. So far SBnation is 1 and 4 in Chiefs personnel stories. I take it with a grain of salt.

marloweopatchiefs
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
On ESPN this morning, Billick said that he can't be communicating with any of the 3 teams needing coaches until the end of regular season. But that he's very interested in the Miami job. So this report would make no sense. They can't sign Fisher, or anyone, or make official contact and negotiations until the end of regular season. So far SBnation is 1 and 4 in Chiefs personnel stories. I take it with a grain of salt.

That's because of his current contract.

azchiefsfan
12-19-2011, 01:03 PM
That makes sense as he is working for a network.

marloweopatchiefs
12-19-2011, 01:03 PM
That makes sense as he is working for a network.

but im not sure. I still like crennel as our coach next year more.

azchiefsfan
12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
FWIW, I am really hoping we retain Crennel as HC.

Jrudi
12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm thinking Crennel for HC next year too.

A BIG reason I don't like the idea of Fischer for HC is that he is a defensive minded head coach (and traditionally runs a 4-3).

If we plan to retain Crennel and Fischer comes in, we now would be back tracking because Fischer may want to implement a 4-3 Defensive system, and we would have to rework the D once again.

I like the idea of Crennel Becoming the HC and D coordinator, and targeting a proven OC that could get our Offense going.

If we really do want to add a new HC I really think he needs to be an Offensive minded HC so our D can continue it's success with Crennel's current system.

matthewschiefs
12-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't think this is true. I don't really see them moving that fast to name anyone Head coach. And less likely after the job Romeo did yesterday. I think this is just anther rumor. Fisher might be brought in at some point but I don't think it's anywhere close to a done deal.

dbolan
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm thinking Crennel for HC next year too.

A BIG reason I don't like the idea of Fischer for HC is that he is a defensive minded head coach (and traditionally runs a 4-3).

If we plan to retain Crennel and Fischer comes in, we now would be back tracking because Fischer may want to implement a 4-3 Defensive system, and we would have to rework the D once again.

I like the idea of Crennel Becoming the HC and D coordinator, and targeting a proven OC that could get our Offense going.

If we really do want to add a new HC I really think he needs to be an Offensive minded HC so our D can continue it's success with Crennel's current system.

Fisher is smarter than that. He knows that Romeo is a 3-4 guy and I am sure he would let him continue on. Fisher may be from the defensive paper sack but he did draft Air McNair and I am sure he would use that experience to his advantage.

I don't think Romeo can handle HC and DC and he shouldn't want to or have too. That's like asking the President to be Vice President or Secretary of State lmao

Hayvern
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM

I heard this same thing and I think you got it a little wrong. He said it was too early to be talking about this as there are Offensive Coordinators that would be looked at as well and those cannot be contacted until the regular season is over.

He did not say that he could not talk to them, nor did he say that Fisher could not talk to them, in fact, Fisher was not even on his discussion topics, when he listed out the names, se specifically said Gruden, Cowher and himself.

He also said that Iowa coach was completely off the table as he has said he has no interest in coaching in the NFL.

Now, I am not saying that I believe this in the slightest, but it is possible they could announce it, I don't see the Chiefs doing it though.

Chiefster
12-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Well there you have it folks proof positive.:koolaid:

Canada
12-20-2011, 12:19 AM
supposebly isnt a word...just had to say it.

Chiefster
12-20-2011, 12:21 AM
supposebly isnt a word...just had to say it.

:lol:

You're absolutely right. I read it as "supposedly".

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Well there you have it folks proof positive.:koolaid:

Since this is aimed at me i'll let everyone know i hope crenell is our head coach not fisher. I post news about the chiefs because i figure people love reading new stuff. If it bugs people i'll stop posting random news.

Canada
12-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Since this is aimed at me i'll let everyone know i hope crenell is our head coach not fisher. I post news about the chiefs because i figure people love reading new stuff. If it bugs people i'll stop posting random news.Lighten up.

Chiefster
12-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Since this is aimed at me i'll let everyone know i hope crenell is our head coach not fisher. I post news about the chiefs because i figure people love reading new stuff. If it bugs people i'll stop posting random news.

Wasn't aimed at you at all, but at the source of the link in your post. It ain't all about you man; I was just making a joke dude. Don't take things so personal and you'll be a lot happier here; trust me on this. :smile

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Wasn't aimed at you at all, but at the source of the link in your post. It ain't all about you man; I was just making a joke dude. Don't take things so personal and you'll be a lot happier here; trust me on this. :smile

Oh ok i guess it's just the way i read it. Sorry it's been a long day. I got 2 jobs and it makes for 12 hours of work. haha

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Lighten up.

I swear i've seen you on tv. I wanna drink beer with you at a chiefs game.

Chiefster
12-20-2011, 01:30 AM
Oh ok i guess it's just the way i read it. Sorry it's been a long day. I got 2 jobs and it makes for 12 hours of work. haha

Not a problem bud. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-20-2011, 03:24 AM
I swear i've seen you on tv. I wanna drink beer with you at a chiefs game.
I wanna drink a beer with you at a Chiefs game too!! Or anywhere else u might want to drink a beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

marloweopatchiefs
12-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I wanna drink a beer with you at a Chiefs game too!! Or anywhere else u might want to drink a beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

My father owns a bar here in hays kansas where i live haha

Canada
12-20-2011, 11:17 AM
My father owns a bar here in hays kansas where i live haha
......does he want to adopt a Canadian?? :sFl_canada2:

OPLookn
12-20-2011, 12:30 PM
......does he want to adopt a Canadian?? :sFl_canada2:

Since your job is drinking beer it might be hard getting a work permit here in the states.

:lol:

drstandley31
12-20-2011, 01:00 PM
That means they would have already had to interview and turn down a black candidate. I doubt that they gave Crennel an interview, told him no, and will have him coaching the last 3 games. Just sounds stupid.

dbolan
12-20-2011, 01:13 PM
That means they would have already had to interview and turn down a black candidate. I doubt that they gave Crennel an interview, told him no, and will have him coaching the last 3 games. Just sounds stupid.

The Rooney Rule is Stupid! lol

drstandley31
12-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Yes it is. I do not understand it at all.

dbolan
12-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes it is. I do not understand it at all.

Maybe I need to start a thread bout that....haha

chiefnut
12-20-2011, 02:26 PM
the rule is you cannot contact any coach who is under contract w/o obtaining permission from their team. none of which would give permission during a playoff run, those w/losing records are probaly looking for new coaches cause their's are no so good!!

okikcfan
12-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Yea I dont believe it at all....

Seek
12-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Credible sources usually know an hour or two before. Not a couple days. Can't tell you how many times a guy has signed with a team only to use that as leverage for another team.

I don't want Fisher either. In 17 years he had 6 winning seasons. That is 35% success rate for a very very Large sample.

nigeriannightmare
12-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Credible sources usually know an hour or two before. Not a couple days. Can't tell you how many times a guy has signed with a team only to use that as leverage for another team.

I don't want Fisher either. In 17 years he had 6 winning seasons. That is 35% success rate for a very very Large sample.

Not entirely true chris collinsworth reported todd haley as coach for us in january and he wasnt officially hired till after the superbowl.

Seek
12-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Not entirely true chris collinsworth reported todd haley as coach for us in january and he wasnt officially hired till after the superbowl.

Everyone suspected Todd Hailey to be the coach given the extremely long time it took Pioli to hire his HC. Speculation was that he had to wait until superbowl was over before he could hire him. He reporting based of his opinion from what he heard from others. He was not reporting breaking news that a deal was done.

nigeriannightmare
12-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Everyone suspected Todd Hailey to be the coach given the extremely long time it took Pioli to hire his HC. Speculation was that he had to wait until superbowl was over before he could hire him. He reporting based of his opinion from what he heard from others. He was not reporting breaking news that a deal was done.

I know for a fact they talked to fisher late summer and i bet he would have been it but crennel has the locker roon gonna be interesting for sure.

Seek
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I know for a fact they talked to fisher late summer and i bet he would have been it but crennel has the locker roon gonna be interesting for sure.

I just don't see the love for Fisher other than everyone knows who he is based on his longevity with the Titans. He does have an overall winning record but a lot of that was a weak division for the early part of his career. 6 out of 17 season with a winning record, a bunch of 8-8 records and losing seasons. I do think he will will put a competitive team on the field and win once every 4 years following an average year, a sucky year, an average year or two, win one and fall back down again. etc... His carreer was one huge rollercoaste filled with Cap problems.

I will though take him over Gruden.

AkChief49
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
but a lot of that was a weak division for the early part of his career.
His early career was in the AFC central, with Pittsburgh, Baltimore, the Jags were good then. It was also the most crowded division when the Browns came back online, the only division with six teams for about three years. I'm not sure I would call the old AFC Central a weak division.