PDA

View Full Version : OC during GB Game

drstandley31
12-20-2011, 01:31 PM
I had to DVR the game, so we watched it after the fact. I fast forwarded through most, so didn't catch any discussion. Was Zorn Calling the plays? Looked like it, but didn't know. I do know that the play calling was great for a change, so I figured it had to be someone else.
Wife's a cheese head, so we're a house divided.:lol:
And I couldn't be happier about it!!!!

dbolan
12-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Crennel called the play and Pioli changed it, then gave it to Muir. Then Muir changed the play and called it to Zorn. Then Zorn changed the play and sent it in to Orton. Orton audibled, thus winning the game.

Pioli gets the credit....

LMAO!!!

N TX Dave
12-20-2011, 01:52 PM
I had to DVR the game, so we watched it after the fact. I fast forwarded through most, so didn't catch any discussion. Was Zorn Calling the plays? Looked like it, but didn't know. I do know that the play calling was great for a change, so I figured it had to be someone else.
Wife's a cheese head, so we're a house divided.:lol:
And I couldn't be happier about it!!!!

They say Muir who moved up to the box was calling plays to Zorn who gave them to Orton. If that is the case that tells me Haley was the one screwing with the plays.

Chiefster
12-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Crennel called the play and Pioli changed it, then gave it to Muir. Then Muir changed the play and called it to Zorn. Then Zorn changed the play and sent it in to Orton. Orton audibled, thus winning the game.

Pioli gets the credit....

LMAO!!!

...Only after Obama appointed a committee to discuss and debate the pros and cons of said play and to further appoint a sub committee to elect a focus group to conduct a survey and hire statisticians to analyze the results of said survey and ultimately recommend a course of action, in writing, to be placed on Obama's desk to be submitted to congress for debate on the floors of the House and Senate. An ultimate decision should be made by 2014. :D

OPLookn
12-20-2011, 03:45 PM
...Only after Obama appointed a committee to discuss and debate the pros and cons of said play and to further appoint a sub committee to elect a focus group to conduct a survey and hire statisticians to analyze the results of said survey and ultimately recommend a course of action, in writing, to be placed on Obama's desk to be submitted to congress for debate on the floors of the House and Senate. An ultimate decision should be made by 2014. :D

Much like the Chiefs, the teams approval rating is almost back to 50%...

:lol:

Please...no politics!!
:drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb:

Chiefster
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
Much like the Chiefs, the teams approval rating is almost back to 50%...

Please...no politics!!
:drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb: :drunkhb:

No worries, all was said "tongue in cheek".

drstandley31
12-20-2011, 06:37 PM
They say Muir who moved up to the box was calling plays to Zorn who gave them to Orton. If that is the case that tells me Haley was the one screwing with the plays.
That's weird. They just call the plays in to the QB's helmet from the box. Why would they waste time calling them into Zorn, then from Zorn to Orton?

jap1
12-20-2011, 07:14 PM
That's weird. They just call the plays in to the QB's helmet from the box. Why would they waste time calling them into Zorn, then from Zorn to Orton?

I guess it is a lot better than Muir-Haley-Zorn-QB as it was before.

#58ChiefsFan
12-20-2011, 07:44 PM

This was one of the smoothest games of the year for the playcalling, so the efficiency really wasn't an issue. Muir should be looking at scenarios two or three plays ahead of the down and distance anyway, so having Zorn take the time to communicate with Orton gives him more time.

Hayvern
12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I guess it is a lot better than Muir-Haley-Zorn-QB as it was before.

Based on everything that has happened with this team the last few years, I almost guarantee that Haley was micromanaging the offensive play calling.

THink about it, the problem of offensive coordinators, the firing of Gailey, the fat one leaving and then all the BS that was happening with the confusion on the plays this year.

2010chiefs
12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Whatever they did on Sunday. It worked. Keep it up! GO CHIEFS! Orton was fantastic and made the play calling look brilliant!

N TX Dave
12-20-2011, 10:55 PM

Don't ask me I was repeating what I read Romeo said but it did not seem like to me there was a problem with the QB getting the play like the first few games with Haley mucking up the works and plays were not getting to the QB until 10 seconds left on the play clock.
:efpge:

TopekaRoy
12-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Don't ask me I was repeating what I read Romeo said but it did not seem like to me there was a problem with the QB getting the play like the first few games with Haley mucking up the works and plays were not getting to the QB until 10 seconds left on the play clock.
:efpge:
I thought this was due to the added time involved in relaying the plays to the QB. It's clear to me now that
this is not the case.

I now think the problem was that Haley was getting the play, analyzing the situation, rejecting the play called and coming up with a play of his own.

Now that the clog has been removed from the drain, Plays are getting in quickly.

Lazeye
12-21-2011, 03:23 PM
So if this is all really true do you think Cassel might be alot better when he gets healthy? He may have been frustrated and sometimes confused about what call he was to call and the WR pissed that they have a QB that is almost unsure of the play he is calling? Since the Haley clog has been removed I think Cassel may make better reads and deliver the ball alot faster instead of holding onto it for so long. I was getting real tired of seeing cassel pissed and telling the sidelines to hurry up with a play, I say trust your QB and give him a play and allow him to change it with an audible since he can read the D.

honda522
12-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I heard on the radio that Muir was calling it. Sent it to Zorn who sent it to Orton.

Either way they play calling was way better than it has been in the past 3 or 4 years.

Hell I saw we ran some big screens, end arounds/reverses that helped get some nice yardage.

TopekaRoy
12-21-2011, 03:36 PM
So if this is all really true do you think Cassel might be alot better when he gets healthy?
I think that is very possible. I do think Orton is a better QB than Cassel, but not a lot better. The thing is, if Orton plays really well in the last two games, will we ever get a chance to find out?

It looks like the offense has more confidence in Orton, but of course I'm just speculating. I haven't actually talked to any of the Chiefs players. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.