PDA

View Full Version : Barkley To Stay At Usc!

Jrudi
12-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Just announced @ 3pm

might affect the QB's in this draft. Thoughts?

Chiefs fanatic
12-22-2011, 04:14 PM
I think this probably eliminates any chance of us taking a qb in the first round.

Jrudi
12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I think you are probably right as well.

I was hoping that with Barkley being in the mix that it might allow RG3 to drop a bit closer to us grabbing him, but looks like now RG3 will move up further to the #2QB spot behind Luck.

pojote
12-22-2011, 04:30 PM
If Rams can get #1 pick, maybe we can trade up to get Luck, otherwise I don't think it's worth to waste a first rounder in a mediocre QB (we already have one under contract).

Jrudi
12-22-2011, 04:34 PM
If Rams can get #1 pick, maybe we can trade up to get Luck, otherwise I don't think it's worth to waste a first rounder in a mediocre QB (we already have one under contract).

I've been set on the idea that we could have had RG3 fall to us, but I agree with you now.

I don't think I would want Jones, and Maybe we can look at Tannehill in the 2nd round or something.

Now I'm looking at the idea that of course O-line, and the idea the Trent Richardson may be a possibility. At first I thought it was crazy, but then I thought, wow could you imagine Richardson and Charles in the Backfield.

We could grab a RT or OG in round 2 or 3, with Orton and Cassel, we are going to need a good run game, and Richardson could give us that.

Never know though...

GarH
12-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Nick Foles. He's only the second QB in the history of the PAC-10 to throw for 10,000 yards in 3 seasons.

matthewschiefs
12-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Not surprised. He will now have a shot at winning a BCS title.

Jrudi
12-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Ya know, I've been ranting a raving about finding an answer at QB in this draft, but with Barkley now leaving I really don't think we will be in a position to do so.

That makes me look at a guy like David DeCastro, OG from Stanford. I say this because Lilja is undersized and Old, and I think they will look to replace him before Richardson due to age. (Still think we will look to bring in a replacement for Richardson)

He's a 3 year starter, who is an awesome run blocker and solid in pass protection. From CBSSports.com: Intangibles: Solid work ethic and character. Known for his work on the practice field and in the weight room. Durable linemen who could play every snap in any scheme. Chose Stanford for its academic standards.

Sounds like a Pioli guy to me, and would solidify our Interior (DeCastro, Hudson, & Asamoah) with a young talents group for years.

figcrostic
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Knowing Pioli we'll probably get a DT with our first round pick. :mooning:

GarH
12-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I would think an DT or OL, but if Nick is available in the second round they'd be a fool not to take him. He really developed his pocket presence over his 3 years. Believe me with the Cat's OL, he got lots and lots of experience developing his pocket presence. This last year the starting OL had a combined ONE starting game between them before the start of the year. If you know anything about offensive lines that is a real challenge for a QB. Kansas City's OL would actually look like a great line for him.

chief31
12-22-2011, 06:29 PM
If Kyle Orton is chosen to be our starter for 2012, then, while I would not agree with the move, we could package Matt Cassel in a trade to get to wherever we want to be in this draft.

And there is, absolutely, a chance that Orton or Cassel will not want to compete with the other.

wolfpack
12-22-2011, 06:34 PM
If Kyle Orton is chosen to be our starter for 2012, then, while I would not agree with the move, we could package Matt Cassel in a trade to get to wherever we want to be in this draft.

And there is, absolutely, a chance that Orton or Cassel will not want to compete with the other.

I think you are right. Both have started and will want to start.Money wise those two would tie up alot of cash. If we do sign orton,cassel will get traded.

chief31
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I think you are right. Both have started and will want to start.Money wise those two would tie up alot of cash. If we do sign orton,cassel will get traded.

I think we could easily afford to carry both of them for a year.

But I don't think that we will.

OPLookn
12-22-2011, 06:38 PM
I've been set on the idea that we could have had RG3 fall to us, but I agree with you now.

I don't think I would want Jones, and Maybe we can look at Tannehill in the 2nd round or something.

Now I'm looking at the idea that of course O-line, and the idea the Trent Richardson may be a possibility. At first I thought it was crazy, but then I thought, wow could you imagine Richardson and Charles in the Backfield.

We could grab a RT or OG in round 2 or 3, with Orton and Cassel, we are going to need a good run game, and Richardson could give us that.

Never know though...

You've been reading WalterFootball to much. :D

Laundry Jones might just send his first paycheck to Barkley as his draft stock just went up a ton. Unfortunately I think that Khalil will come back now too because he sees the opportunity to compete for a championship and he was on the fence before.

That means that Martin will be the first OT taken, Luck and RG3 will be gone by the time we pick too. So I'd have to agree with you when you said someone like Trent Richardson(RB), David DeCastro(G) or that we trade down two or three times and take Ta'amu with a very late 1st or an early 2nd.

Or we can just have San Diego and Denver lose this weekend and crush both Oakland this week and Denver next week. Then march on to the Super Bowl....hey a guy can dream!

okikcfan
12-22-2011, 07:53 PM
It's not like Pioli to trade up and lose picks unless he can trade Cassel to a QB needy team and move up with that but I don't know if any team would be willing to do that. Is it possible?

70 chiefsfan70
12-22-2011, 09:57 PM
It's not like Pioli to trade up and lose picks unless he can trade Cassel to a QB needy team and move up with that but I don't know if any team would be willing to do that. Is it possible?

I just don't see any team wanting cassel enough to give any more than a third or more likely a forth. The problem is every other team is seeing what we see, that Cassel is not that good and he makes any OL look terrible.

chief31
12-22-2011, 10:01 PM

With the QB class weakening, and possibly the top LOT prospect staying in school, I am really leaning toward trading down, as opposed to up.

I usually favor trading down anyway. But the thinning of those two positions weakens the entire draft.

I would try to stockpile picks for the 2013 draft, so long as Khalil stays in school.

If not, I am not sure how strongly I feel about it.

figcrostic
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
With the QB class weakening, and possibly the top LOT prospect staying in school, I am really leaning toward trading down, as opposed to up.

I usually favor trading down anyway. But the thinning of those two positions weakens the entire draft.

I would try to stockpile picks for the 2013 draft, so long as Khalil stays in school.

If not, I am not sure how strongly I feel about it.

Kalil is a monster he hasn't allowed a single sack this season. How much would you love to pick him up?

chief31
12-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Kalil is a monster he hasn't allowed a single sack this season. How much would you love to pick him up?

That is where I would be looking to move up in the draft.

But, if he stays in school, making a deal to acquire a potentially high pick for 2013 could pay major dividends.

:D

jap1
12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I am more and more liking the idea of trading down, or picking up Richardson (if the Browns dont grab him), DeCastro (may be too early to grab a guard, but this guy is talked about being an all-star in the making), or one of the ILB (there are a few that are supposed to be pretty good).

I would love to trade down. Grab an extra 3rd rounder or a 2nd rounder. That would help us fill a lot of holes AND depth.

2010chiefs
12-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Richardson and Jamal Charles would be awesome. Depends on how we look the next couple of weeks to see if our O-line is really that bad.

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2011, 12:33 AM

I think that is a certainty. I don't see either of them as willing to be backup.

ctchiefsfan
12-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Or we can just have San Diego and Denver lose this weekend and crush both Oakland this week and Denver next week. Then march on to the Super Bowl.

That sounds like a good idea! I'd rather be worrying about the playoffs than the draft.

Jrudi
12-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Isn't it crazy how 1 player can change a draft so much?

I'm really stunned now as to what we might do. I think I also like the idea of trading back to get more picks.

Wouldn't mind: Richardson, Decastro, or Hightower (remember the last Alabama LB we had?? he** yeah!)

OPLookn
12-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Isn't it crazy how 1 player can change a draft so much?

I'm really stunned now as to what we might do. I think I also like the idea of trading back to get more picks.

Wouldn't mind: Richardson, Decastro, or Hightower (remember the last Alabama LB we had?? he** yeah!)

I think it was a brilliant move on Barkley's part. He gets to compete for a natl. championship, it probably made Khalil stay too, it more than likely makes him the #1 QB in the 2013 draft and oh yeah....he'll get more tail then he'll know what to do with for another year. :lol:

If we can trade back a bit and get any of those three guys I'd be happy. Not sure about the D pick though. I mean it'd be nice and he'd be awesome to have but we've spent so many picks on the D that we need to concentrate on building up the O now...just my humble opinion.

Jrudi
12-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I think it was a brilliant move on Barkley's part. He gets to compete for a natl. championship, it probably made Khalil stay too, it more than likely makes him the #1 QB in the 2013 draft and oh yeah....he'll get more tail then he'll know what to do with for another year. :lol:

If we can trade back a bit and get any of those three guys I'd be happy. Not sure about the D pick though. I mean it'd be nice and he'd be awesome to have but we've spent so many picks on the D that we need to concentrate on building up the O now...just my humble opinion.

I agree with you, and to be honest the only positions on the D that I would see us using a 1st rounder on would be ILB or NT (And with Powe/Gordon on our roster I think we could push that to a 2nd or 3rd rounder to rotate with them).

You know I actually saw a mock that had Hightower slipping to us in the 2nd, which I doubt will happen, but you never know (look at what happened to Bowers, and Houston)

OPLookn
12-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I agree with you, and to be honest the only positions on the D that I would see us using a 1st rounder on would be ILB or NT (And with Powe/Gordon on our roster I think we could push that to a 2nd or 3rd rounder to rotate with them).

You know I actually saw a mock that had Hightower slipping to us in the 2nd, which I doubt will happen, but you never know (look at what happened to Bowers, and Houston)

On WalterFootball I believe he has Hightower slipping. Start planting the rumors now!!

Jrudi
12-23-2011, 11:57 AM
On WalterFootball I believe he has Hightower slipping. Start planting the rumors now!!

I think the one I saw was on SB Nation.com.

I actually liked the 3 round mock except for our 1st rounder:

1st- Landry Jones (QB Oklahoma)
2nd- Donta' Hightower (ILB ALA)
3rd- Andrew Datko (OT Fla St.)

not sold on Landry Jones. Love these picks, but I've seen Hightower protected as a Mid-First, and Datko projected as a Mid-2nd so it would be a surprise to see both of those players in those rounds.

OPLookn
12-23-2011, 12:29 PM
I think the one I saw was on SB Nation.com.

I actually liked the 3 round mock except for our 1st rounder:

1st- Landry Jones (QB Oklahoma)
2nd- Donta' Hightower (ILB ALA)
3rd- Andrew Datko (OT Fla St.)

not sold on Landry Jones. Love these picks, but I've seen Hightower protected as a Mid-First, and Datko projected as a Mid-2nd so it would be a surprise to see both of those players in those rounds.

That's going to change with Barkley staying at USC so I'm sure that Jones won't be our pick after they redo this mock. Once we beat the Raiders to get to 7-7 and we're mid first anyway.

The thing I've seen about mock drafts is that it usually has teams taking the best person at the highest need for the team. We all know that's not what happens. So I can see more than a few people that were suppose to go in the 1st slipping to the 2nd.

Yoda
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
As a USC alum...I am a very happy man! USC back on top!

jap1
12-23-2011, 07:27 PM

I would not be upset if we spent our 1st round pick on D. The biggest needs on offense (IMO) in this order are LG, RT, TE and RB (Lets ignore the debate about QB, because we all seem to agree that it will be unlikely for any of those guys to fall to us). In all reality, there should be some good guards available in free agency. RT could be picked up easily in the 2nd or maybe even 3rd round if not in FA. TE and RB could easily be picked up in the 2nd or 3rd round also. They wouldnt be elite, but they should be good enough to contribute significantly.

That having been said, there really arent that many needs that we have that need "first round" talent.

I really see us trading back or picking up the "Best Player Available" for either side of the team.

The only positions that I would say WTF about if they picked would be WR and CB (assuming we re-sign Carr).

KristofLaw
12-25-2011, 09:16 PM
As a USC alum...I am a very happy man! USC back on top!

:bananen_smilies046:

pojote
12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Now they are saying that RGIII is staying also.

TopekaRoy
12-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Now they are saying that RGIII is staying also.
Wait.

Who are "they" and where are they saying this?

pojote
12-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Wait.

Who are "they" and where are they saying this?

https://twitter.com/#!/TonyPauline/status/149894380013096961

TopekaRoy
12-29-2011, 11:57 AM
https://twitter.com/#!/TonyPauline/status/149894380013096961 (https://twitter.com/#%21/TonyPauline/status/149894380013096961)
Thanks, but I found it and posted this link in a new thread 18 hours ago. :D
Rumour Mill: RGIII and Landry Jones MAY stay in School - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19404)

pojote
12-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks, but I found it and posted this link in a new thread 18 hours ago. :D
Rumour Mill: RGIII and Landry Jones MAY stay in School - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19404)

After I posted that I saw you thread, even quoting me. Sometimes seems that 3 hour difference is huge.

TopekaRoy
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
After I posted that I saw you thread, even quoting me. Sometimes seems that 3 hour difference is huge.
Yeah :lol:

And here I am responding to your post 5 hours later!

It's like the old days before cell phones and text messaging, when people kept leaving each other answering machine messages. :D