PDA

View Full Version : Did the draft just get more complicated?

OPLookn
12-23-2011, 10:26 AM
With Indy winning their 2nd game last night there are now three teams that have 2 wins. If things stay that way I'm not sure if Indy drafts first. Minnesota has Ponder and St. Louis has Bradford. People might start looking at packaging picks to trade up, I think the draft just got much more interesting!

Thoughts?

TopekaRoy
12-23-2011, 10:41 AM
With Indy winning their 2nd game last night there are now three teams that have 2 wins. If things stay that way I'm not sure if Indy drafts first. Minnesota has Ponder and St. Louis has Bradford. People might start looking at packaging picks to trade up, I think the draft just got much more interesting!

Thoughts?
The draft certainly just got more interesting. Maybe the Colts are hoping if they don't get the first pick that the Vikings and/or Rams will pass on Luck and he will fall to them at 2nd or 3rd. That's a big gamble. Chances are one or both of those teams will trade down to get more picks, but the Colts can still offer a higher 1st round (and 2nd and 3rd) pick than any of the other teams who might trade up to get Luck.

okikcfan
12-23-2011, 10:56 AM
This will be an interesting draft, will the Rams make a move at QB? I'm sure the Vikings will. We need to win these next two games to even have a shot at the play offs. And I know the odds are against us due to the other teams involved. But before we go running around and drafting a QB I would really really love to see what we have in Stanzi. If we do in fact draft another QB then that tells me they have no faith in him. Trade him and move on.

Coach
12-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Indy still holds the top spot but that deosnt mean they will draft a qb. Polian said this week that he expects Manning to be their qb next year. I don't think Minnesota would bypass Andrew Luck just because they have Ponder. Just my opinion.

Lastly, this draft Is going to be great because of the new cba. High draft picks are now valuable again because of the rookie pay scale.

70 chiefsfan70
12-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Indy still holds the top spot but that deosnt mean they will draft a qb. Polian said this week that he expects Manning to be their qb next year. I don't think Minnesota would bypass Andrew Luck just because they have Ponder. Just my opinion.

Lastly, this draft Is going to be great because of the new cba. High draft picks are now valuable again because of the rookie pay scale.

This can also make it more likely for teams to try to trade up, its makes it less of a risk to draft top talent.

jap1
12-23-2011, 07:40 PM

Thoughts?

Cant wait for the Chiefs to finagle their way into a couple more 2nd or 3rd round picks so we can fill out all the positions of need that we have AND get some young depth!

Hayvern
12-24-2011, 08:27 PM
This will be an interesting draft, will the Rams make a move at QB? I'm sure the Vikings will. We need to win these next two games to even have a shot at the play offs. And I know the odds are against us due to the other teams involved. But before we go running around and drafting a QB I would really really love to see what we have in Stanzi. If we do in fact draft another QB then that tells me they have no faith in him. Trade him and move on.

The fact you have not seen him in a game tells you all you need to know. There have been ample opportunity for this kid to make the starting position and he has been unable to step up and make it his own. I have no desire to see this kid play. Just cut him and bring in someone better.

chief31
12-24-2011, 08:50 PM
The fact you have not seen him in a game tells you all you need to know. There have been ample opportunity for this kid to make the starting position and he has been unable to step up and make it his own. I have no desire to see this kid play. Just cut him and bring in someone better.

Zero passes is all that is required to know all about a QB.

And I thought one game was a small sample of a QB.:lol:

Chiefster
12-24-2011, 09:05 PM

That is an excellent point, although it's difficult for me to imagine Luck not being picked first overall.

nigeriannightmare
12-24-2011, 09:20 PM
That is an excellent point, although it's difficult for me to imagine Luck not being picked first overall.

RGIII could have an outstanding combine and pro day. I think he could go number 1 just as easy.

Chiefster
12-24-2011, 09:23 PM
RGIII could have an outstanding combine and pro day. I think he could go number 1 just as easy.

Well I guess anything is possible; only time will tell.

jap1
12-24-2011, 09:29 PM
After todays results, we will be picking anywhere from 9th to 14th, depending on the outcomes of next week.

We will definitely (if my math is correct) be picking after:
St Louis, Indy*, Minnesota, Jax*, Cleveland*, Tampa, Miami* and Washington*.

Of those teams, the ones with asterisks will possibly want a QB.

Cleveland and Miami are the most probably to pass up on a QB, with Jax still a question mark as to whether they want to give up on Gabbert. Seattle may want a QB as well and they will either be right behind us or right before us.

It will be very interesting to see what happens in free agency and the offseason leading up to the draft.

GarH
12-25-2011, 12:55 AM
The fact that Stanzi hasn't played tells me ABSOLUTELY nothing. Brady threw 3 passes his rookie season. VERY few rookie QBs are ready to play their first season.