PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

Yoda
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Damn ugly game! But another ugly down to the wire/OT classic in this epic rivalry. KC has a ton of heart, I think more than last years team. Now if you could beat the Donkeys, it be much apriciated. :)

Ryfo18
12-24-2011, 04:36 PM
I wanna puke after that game. Blah, is all I have to say.

loyalchief91
12-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Eh...

matthewschiefs
12-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Be sure to thank Bowe and our field goal protect unit they won the game for you

Yoda
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Be sure to thank Bowe and our field goal protect unit they won the game for you

Well, it helped.... The Raiders D practically handed KC the game. Basically, the game could have gone either way.

#58ChiefsFan
12-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Congrats Yoda.

At least no one got hurt.

Good luck the rest of the way, we have more than our share of trouble at Invesco though.

Yoda
12-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Yes, I know. I'm hoping Romeo can do to Tebow and Co what he did to GB. Maybe Romeo can get tips from his good friend Bill. I'm not holding my breath. Raiders should have won last week if not for the meltdown late in the 4th.

Ryfo18
12-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes, I know. I'm hoping Romeo can do to Tebow and Co what he did to GB. Maybe Romeo can get tips from his good friend Bill. I'm not holding my breath. Raiders should have won last week if not for the meltdown late in the 4th.

At this point, we're talking solely draft picks for the Chiefs, and I do not want to help the Raiders. I will be pretty impartial to a Chiefs win or loss.

Three7s
12-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Damn ugly game! But another ugly down to the wire/OT classic in this epic rivalry. KC has a ton of heart, I think more than last years team. Now if you could beat the Donkeys, it be much apriciated. :)
"Epic rivalry"? If beating a team that is completely cursed every year is what you mean by "epic" then yep. It's been happening since 96!

TopekaRoy
12-24-2011, 05:40 PM
"Epic rivalry"? If beating a team that is completely cursed every year is what you mean by "epic" then yep. It's been happening since 96!
There's no such thing as a curse.

Oh, look who I'm talking to. You know 7 is a lucky number, but bad luck comes in threes so you are canceling yourself out.:D

#58ChiefsFan
12-24-2011, 05:42 PM

As much as I dislike the raiders I can't stand the thought of the teblows making the playoffs. I think we are starting to see the real broncos now, and they are pretty awful with a good D. It's a winnable game but so was this one.

Three7s
12-24-2011, 05:43 PM
There's no such thing as a curse.

Oh, look who I'm talking to. You know 7 is a lucky number, but bad luck comes in threes so you are canceling yourself out.:D
Just sayin`

96, need a win over the Raiders to make the playoffs. Loss

99, do I need to explain that one?

02, a win over the Raiders and a Denver loss. Yeah...

10, beaten in OT again, and nearly ruined our playoff shot.

11, happened an hour and a half ago.

When have we ever owned the Raiders playoff chances? Well, they haven't had many, but still.

OMGLadyGaga
12-24-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm so torn. I do not want to help the Raiders at all and keeping them out of the playoffs is obv the goal..but The Tebow media hype machine is so so bad. I will wait until Friday before I decide what in the world to root for. Higher draft pick and Raiders out of the playoffs seems like the early leader....but I'd feel like **** rooting against my Chiefs UGH

chief31
12-24-2011, 10:53 PM
I am not the least bit torn. I want Kyle Orton to make The Broncos look stupid.

If The Chiefs can't win the division, I really don't care which rival does.

But I definitely want The Broncos to be humiliated for their treatment of Orton.

OMGLadyGaga
12-24-2011, 10:58 PM

But I definitely want The Broncos to be humiliated for their treatment of Orton.

Yeah that makes more sense...but I really really really hate the Raiders. Having real life friends be huge Raider fans also has a say in this.

Although looking at it as an NFL fan as well (since we will all be watching the playoff games, which are sure to be awesome this year) I think having Tebow possibly luckbox a wildcard win or something would be a pretty hilarious and sure to bring the lol's

chief31
12-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah that makes more sense...but I really really really hate the Raiders. Having real life friends be huge Raider fans also has a say in this.

Although looking at it as an NFL fan as well (since we will all be watching the playoff games, which are sure to be awesome this year) I think having Tebow possibly luckbox a wildcard win or something would be a pretty hilarious and sure to bring the lol's

I hear ya there.

But if The Raiders win a playoff game it costs them a draft pick. (I believe it is a first round pick, in 2013) and, you can always make them thank you for their playoff appearance, and anything good that would come of it.

:lol:

azchiefsfan
12-25-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't care whether the Donks or F*ckland get to the playoffs and Orton stunk up the field and lost several games which caused him to be cut. I don't think he was done wrong. But he was also being handcuffed and not allowed to open it up like he is being allowed to play here, which should bode well for his future here in KC. What I keep thinking is who do I hate more the Donks or F*ckland? I actually kinda like Tebow because I know he has a very small window to do what he is doing before heading to the CFL or NFLE. Also, the Donks are guaranteed to get bounced in game 1 of the playoffs and the jackoffs from F*ckland have had several REALLY narrow victories because of mistakes by their opposition(like us yesterday) and might actually win 1 playoff game before being bounced. I'm kinda leaning toward preferring the Donks to win the division, but I want to win them next week...damn I'm torn.

toyotapower
12-25-2011, 11:33 AM
If the broncos don't make the playoffs we don't have to hear about tebow for a while. I'd be happy about that considering that's going to be pushed to the front of the news again during the draft.

KCraised
12-25-2011, 12:07 PM

Agree. I would rather see Orton get to thumb his nose at Denver. I am tired of the Tebow hype. He sure seems like a character guy, for sure, but i'm worn slick on the media coverage. I went into a sport collectable shop yesterday to buy my nephew an autographed pic and someone asked if they had an autographed Tebow picture of him "Tebowing"....come ooooooon, enough about it, already....Can't believe i'm saying this but GO RAIDERS?!?

okikcfan
12-25-2011, 12:10 PM
I don't care whether the Donks or F*ckland get to the playoffs and Orton stunk up the field and lost several games which caused him to be cut. I don't think he was done wrong. But he was also being handcuffed and not allowed to open it up like he is being allowed to play here, which should bode well for his future here in KC. What I keep thinking is who do I hate more the Donks or F*ckland? I actually kinda like Tebow because I know he has a very small window to do what he is doing before heading to the CFL or NFLE. Also, the Donks are guaranteed to get bounced in game 1 of the playoffs and the jackoffs from F*ckland have had several REALLY narrow victories because of mistakes by their opposition(like us yesterday) and might actually win 1 playoff game before being bounced. I'm kinda leaning toward preferring the Donks to win the division, but I want to win them next week...damn I'm torn.

Well I too don't really care who goes to the playoffs because they wont make it past the first round. The AFC West this year is a joke. What I do care about is playing it to the end, We still have to beat the Tebows next week in there house. When that game is done it will be time to move on, the real question is with who? IF we lose to Tebow do you really think Pioli will keep Crennel? I don't! This last game is the same ol' s**t, dropped balls in the end zone, interceptions and Wait, 2 blocked kicks? Wow whata ya know, we always find a way to beat ourselves. This is who we are and this is who we have been. Why? We need to find out quickly and move on.
:beat_DeadHorse: :beat_DeadHorse: :beat_DeadHorse:

TopekaRoy
12-25-2011, 12:29 PM
I guess with the Holiday season, Jesus was too busy to watch football the last 2 weeks.

Saturday Night Live - Tebow - Video - http://www.nbc.com (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/tebow/1374394)

Chiefster
12-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Well Yoda, I think you're right: it all came down to whoever wanted it the most and we're all counting on Orton being really up for this for this next one; bringing his "A" game.

okikcfan
12-25-2011, 06:12 PM
Well Yoda, I think you're right: it all came down to whoever wanted it the most and we're all counting on Orton being really up for this for this next one; bringing his "A" game.

They all need to bring their A game one this one, many jobs will be on the line I'm sure

Chiefster
12-26-2011, 01:47 AM
They all need to bring their A game one this one, many jobs will be on the line I'm sure

Good point.

OPLookn
12-26-2011, 10:09 PM
We had our chance to punch our own ticket and the only team that didn't take care of business. But as far as losing to get better draft position I say the heck with that! I would rather stand up and give the Teblows a shot to the face than back down and let them get in because they beat us. Fact is the Raiders took care of business but in now way do I wanna lay down just to improve a pick.

okikcfan
12-27-2011, 07:35 AM
We had our chance to punch our own ticket and the only team that didn't take care of business. But as far as losing to get better draft position I say the heck with that! I would rather stand up and give the Teblows a shot to the face than back down and let them get in because they beat us. Fact is the Raiders took care of business but in now way do I wanna lay down just to improve a pick.

Thank You! Never give up, never play dead, Fight to the very end. :beat_DeadHorse:

Seek
12-27-2011, 09:18 AM
At this point, we're talking solely draft picks for the Chiefs, and I do not want to help the Raiders. I will be pretty impartial to a Chiefs win or loss.

YEAH but, if the Raiders make the play off's they have to give up another First for Palmer. At this point I would rather the Raiders lose another pick as opposed to Tebow Making the playoffs.

azchiefsfan
12-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Crennel's defense in this game was bad. I was thinking I would like to see him as HC, but after this mistake filled, limp-wristed defensive outing against a very weak F*ckland offense, I'm not so sold anymore.

okikcfan
12-27-2011, 12:28 PM
I have to agree with you on this on Az, it's questionable to say the least!

Seek
12-27-2011, 12:39 PM
I have to agree with you on this on Az, it's questionable to say the least!

Games that our defense has looked horrific are games that McGraw was not playing. Take that for what it is worth but just my opinion of the one common variable.

That being said, I like Crennel but I can age discriminate since I am not the one hiring him, but I want our next HC to be a coach that may stay longer than 3 years. Unless everyone is okay accepting Crennel as a bridge to keep building Pioli's style of team for a future HC that is handed a team built based on what Pioli wants and not necessarily what a coach would want.

Otherwise we will be starting over in a couple years, granted hopefully with some good pieces

okikcfan
12-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Thai IS a very good point, Crennel is what, 64? So if he was chosen, I can't see it for being a very long term. That in it's self is a big disadvantage for our long term goal. Very good point Seek!

#58ChiefsFan
12-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Games that our defense has looked horrific are games that McGraw was not playing. Take that for what it is worth but just my opinion of the one common variable.

That being said, I like Crennel but I can age discriminate since I am not the one hiring him, but I want our next HC to be a coach that may stay longer than 3 years. Unless everyone is okay accepting Crennel as a bridge to keep building Pioli's style of team for a future HC that is handed a team built based on what Pioli wants and not necessarily what a coach would want.

Otherwise we will be starting over in a couple years, granted hopefully with some good pieces

Unless there is a drafted qbotf coming with a new head coach I would think it would be a mistake. In the interest of team chemistry having Romeo take the helm for the next 3-5 years with Cassel/Orton running the same system is probably the best scenario. I hate to think it but somehow I see McDumbails coming as OC and given the HC job when Rac retires.

okikcfan
12-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Chemistry? Where was this chemistry against the Raiders? This game was no different then one that Haley controled, IMHO. I think we need a new HC after watching the last game.

Canada
12-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Chemistry? Where was this chemistry against the Raiders? This game was no different then one that Haley controled, IMHO. I think we need a new HC after watching the last game.The chemistry was on the defensive side of the ball. The side RC built.

TopekaRoy
12-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Thai IS a very good point, Crennel is what, 64? So if he was chosen, I can't see it for being a very long term. That in it's self is a big disadvantage for our long term goal. Very good point Seek!
I disagree. Crennell would be coaching football, not playing football. As long as he is healthy he could coach for at least another 10 years and in today's game, it's almost unheard of for a coach to be with the same team that long.

George "Papa Bear" Halas coached until he was 72 and ran the team for several years after that. Joe Paterno just retired this year at 85. (Please don't turn this into a Paterno / Sandusky thread. That has nothing to do with why I brought his name up.)

People are living longer and staying healthy and activve longer now than they were in '67 when Halas coached his last year. 65 is the new 50. And if Crenell decides to retire in 5 years at 69 after leading us to back-to-back Super Bowls, I'd be okay with that. We would just have to find another younger Crennel.

#58ChiefsFan
12-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Chemistry? Where was this chemistry against the Raiders? This game was no different then one that Haley controled, IMHO. I think we need a new HC after watching the last game.

Did you feel that way after the Green Bay game though?

TopekaRoy
12-27-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't know what game you were watching, but in the game I watched, the defense played pretty well. They held the Raiders to 13 points in regulation and only one touchdown. In most games that would be a win.

They did get burned on 2 plays that I recall and unfortunatly, one of them led directly to the overtime winning FG. But I don't think it's fair to judge the entire defenses performance on 2 plays.

There were a few offensive plays and special teams blunders that cost the Chiefs the win. Don't blame the defense for that.

#58ChiefsFan
12-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm talking Offense and Defense. Romeo will not implode the entire system, Fisher or whoever is not going to run the system we have in place. Romeo has one win and one loss, no more no less, I dont care who they played.

TopekaRoy
12-27-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm talking Offense and Defense. Romeo will not implode the entire system, Fisher or whoever is not going to run the system we have in place. Romeo has one win and one loss, no more no less, I dont care who they played.
Fair enough. I noticed right after I posted that you never said anything about the defense. I just automatically think of the defense when Crennel's name is mentioned.

The offense generated 435 total yards, passing for 300and rushing for 135 so they played pretty well too. In fact it was the most yards they have had in any game this year. There were too many stupid mistakes that killed this team and I guess it's fair to blame the head coach for that. I would like to give him more than 2 games as HC, though before I decide he is not the man for the job.

Both sides af the ball are playing harder under Crennel. They just need to play smarter.

okikcfan
12-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I stand corrected, I did not see the first half, had to work, oh and thank you Topeka for the link. Blocked field goals and bowes dropped ball in the end zone, it just seems like the same ol story. Big win even bigger loss. I just can't help but feel if Crennel remains HC that not much will change, just a gut feeling.

Seek
12-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I disagree. Crennell would be coaching football, not playing football. As long as he is healthy he could coach for at least another 10 years and in today's game, it's almost unheard of for a coach to be with the same team that long.

George "Papa Bear" Halas coached until he was 72 and ran the team for several years after that. Joe Paterno just retired this year at 85. (Please don't turn this into a Paterno / Sandusky thread. That has nothing to do with why I brought his name up.)

People are living longer and staying healthy and activve longer now than they were in '67 when Halas coached his last year. 65 is the new 50. And if Crenell decides to retire in 5 years at 69 after leading us to back-to-back Super Bowls, I'd be okay with that. We would just have to find another younger Crennel.

Jo Pa is the one exception. Coaches in the NFL do not coach into their 70s. The oldest coach to win a division was Halas at age 72. DV was the oldest coach to win a superbowl at 63.

That being said, Look at Crennel. He is not an active healthy guy.

azchiefsfan
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't know what game you were watching, but in the game I watched, the defense played pretty well. They held the Raiders to 13 points in regulation and only one touchdown. In most games that would be a win.

They did get burned on 2 plays that I recall and unfortunatly, one of them led directly to the overtime winning FG. But I don't think it's fair to judge the entire defenses performance on 2 plays.

There were a few offensive plays and special teams blunders that cost the Chiefs the win. Don't blame the defense for that.

They let the Oakland offense roll down the field like a column of Abrams tanks in overtime. Like too many games this season, they ran out of gas and couldn't finish the game.
p.s. I think Pischatelli and McGraw are pretty darn good and NOT what's wrong with our defense.

Canada
12-28-2011, 12:53 PM
They let the Oakland offense roll down the field like a column of Abrams tanks in overtime. Like too many games this season, they ran out of gas and couldn't finish the game.
p.s. I think Pischatelli and McGraw are pretty darn good and NOT what's wrong with our defense.The defense got beat on 2 big plays (unfortunately one was in OT) Thats like blaming the pitcher for losing a game 1-0 when he gave up a home run

Seek
12-28-2011, 01:39 PM
p.s. I think Pischatelli and McGraw are pretty darn good and NOT what's wrong with our defense.

You don't watch the games do you. The games our defense have been beat, they were beat from the get go. They didn't break down in the 4th qtr from being tired.

Piscatelli Sucks Glutt!!!! When he or Travis Daniels are on the field, they are the weak links that gives up plays. The Bills destroyed Sabby Piscatelli play after play and is one huge reason the defense could not stop them. McGraw has been hurt a bunch this year, leaving Sabby and Travis Daniels on the fields to get beat. If you go back and look a the poor defensive games by the Chiefs this year, you will see that McGraw was hurt leaving Sabby and Daniels on the field, thus the poor defensive stats from the first qtr to the end.

The Abram tank was one play in over time. ONE, and when the ball was thrown I thought it was an INT, until I saw Lewis with his thumb up his Glut. I don't think Lewis knew it was thrown and was still looking for the reverse until it was too late.

Seek
12-28-2011, 01:41 PM
The defense got beat on 2 big plays (unfortunately one was in OT) Thats like blaming the pitcher for losing a game 1-0 when he gave up a home run

More than two, fortunately the refs liked throwing flags. Like the fake field goal called back. There were also some other good size gains called back for illegal shift.

TopekaRoy
12-28-2011, 01:42 PM
The defense got beat on 2 big plays (unfortunately one was in OT) Thats like blaming the pitcher for losing a game 1-0 when he gave up a home run
Agreed. The defense did it's job. The offense also did it's job in getting the team into scoring position. Special teams cost us the game on the opening kickoff return and the 2 blocked FGs. That alone changes a 19-10 victory into a 13-13 tie.

The defense was almost perfect. If a defense has to be perfect to win the game then you are not doing enough on offense and special teams.