PDA

View Full Version : If the lions beat the chargers....

nigeriannightmare
12-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Im gonna scream some very un christmas like words.

Three7s
12-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Im gonna scream some very un christmas like words.
I don't think there's any doubt that they will. The Chiefs are cursed and I've become accustomed to this kind of thing.

TopekaRoy
12-24-2011, 05:13 PM
After losing 4 games in a row to drop to 4-7 the Chiefs were lucky to even be in the playoff hunt.

I'm proud of this team for their character and heart. They gave 100% and were competitive in 4 of the last 5 games against some talented teams. Many other teams would have phoned it in at 0-3 with all of these injuries.

I don't care what the Chargers do at this point. There is no sense in dwelling on what could have been.

And I still want to beat the Broncos next week!

Three7s
12-24-2011, 05:34 PM
After losing 4 games in a row to drop to 4-7 the Chiefs were lucky to even be in the playoff hunt.

I'm proud of this team for their character and heart. They gave 100% and were competitive in 4 of the last 5 games against some talented teams. Many other teams would have phoned it in at 0-3 with all of these injuries.

I don't care what the Chargers do at this point. There is no sense in dwelling on what could have been.

And yet they add their annual heart-breaking loss to the Raiders. I guess having heart only gets you so far.

chief31
12-24-2011, 05:34 PM

Agreed!

Kyle Orton made a couple of mistakes. But he did do a lot of things well.

I think he is trying too hard to make a lot of noise, to help negotiate for a contract, and he took some extra risks.

Next week though, he has a chance to humiliate the team that humiliated him.

I look forward to it.

nigeriannightmare
12-24-2011, 06:56 PM
And the lions thump the chargers.

okikcfan
12-24-2011, 08:14 PM
And Tebow got spanked....

figcrostic
12-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't think there's any doubt that they will. The Chiefs are cursed and I've become accustomed to this kind of thing.

The Chiefs aren't cursed..... Chiefs fans are cursed!

Chiefster
12-24-2011, 08:25 PM

From your keyboard to my monitor!

OMGLadyGaga
12-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Our schedule got really tough and we started to play a heck of alot better, signs of a gritty scrappy team full of heart and 100% determination. We weren't the most talented bunch out there but our effort made me proud to be a Chief fan.

As far as Lions winning, lets be realistic we had a 6%-ish chance to make the playoffs soo...

I'm glad we were in a meaningful game this late and even next week's despite us being out is soo soo meaningful for Orton and the rest of our team. If our troops rally around Orton, it might be the sign of a true leader on this team which we desperately need on teh offensive side of the ball. Thomas Jones? Come on.

Three7s
12-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Don't worry fellas we can bounce back! Baseball season is around the corner and we have the Royals. Oh wait

:(
Their roster looks better than the Chiefs.

TopekaRoy
12-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Don't worry fellas we can bounce back! Baseball season is around the corner and we have the Royals. Oh wait

:(
Ugh, baseball! Who cares. The NBA season kicks off tomorrow and my Bulls had the most wins in the league last year.

The timing couldn't be better!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qO17rRcPXGI/TM-lYNR804I/AAAAAAAADHs/Q-vGdzPUd_U/s1600/Go+Bulls.jpg

azchiefsfan
12-25-2011, 09:50 AM
I couldn't care less about baseball, beathugball(er basketball) or their kissin' cousin, soccer. When MLB gets cut to 70 games and NBA gets cut to 30 games, I might watch a little. But we all know they both are such a snoozefest they have to milk as long of a season as they can to maximize the 20,000 people who go to the games combined with those watching on tv. Funny stat I saw on ESPN in October. The last game of the World Series had about the same number of viewers as the MNF game between two bad, small town teams-can't remember who-the same week. What I love about baseball and beathugball is they both come to an end at some point and sports tv quits talking about them.

josh1971
12-25-2011, 11:06 PM
When MLB gets cut to 70 games and NBA gets cut to 30 games, I might watch a little.

Any idea how much revenue they'd lose doing that? NEVER going to happen. Probably a large part of the reason the NFL owners want their regular season extended two games.

And can I just add how much I like the phrase 'beathugball'? Brilliance...