PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner.....

nigeriannightmare
12-25-2011, 04:09 PM
I would imagine his days are numbered in san diego, he and aj smith. Do you all think hell get another chance as a head coach or do you think we could get him in as an oc, i think that would be high profile amd would make the new hc, especially if its romeo, jjob easier.

Eydugstr
12-25-2011, 04:24 PM
My guess would be that they get the HC sorted out first.

Personally I hope we don't get him for anything. Every team he's gone to, someone else has built, and then it slowly falls apart underneath him. He followed Schottenheimer twice (Redskins and Chargers) and look at the results. The offense he has now is nothing like the offenses he ran in Dallas.

nigeriannightmare
12-25-2011, 05:17 PM
My guess would be that they get the HC sorted out first.

Personally I hope we don't get him for anything. Every team he's gone to, someone else has built, and then it slowly falls apart underneath him. He followed Schottenheimer twice (Redskins and Chargers) and look at the results. The offense he has now is nothing like the offenses he ran in Dallas.

the san diego .offense has been at the top of the league since hes been there they were just number 1 last yr. I dont want him as hc an oc though with these weapons.....watchout

okikcfan
12-25-2011, 06:15 PM
No I dont want Norv here

I have to agree with ya Bro!

figcrostic
12-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Makes 3 I don't want that guy.

70 chiefsfan70
12-25-2011, 07:46 PM

4................... no way i want him.

nigeriannightmare
12-25-2011, 09:09 PM
No I dont want Norv here

Give me an oc that would be better. Im saying offensive coordinator mind u.

Why would we want an oc capable of giving us the best offense. You guys want change.....whatever its like talking to my 2 yr old except hell eventually get it.

nigeriannightmare
12-25-2011, 09:44 PM
4................... no way i want him.

As an oc norv is.rock solid.

nigeriannightmare
12-25-2011, 09:45 PM

His offenses is usually atop the league why would we want that.

okikcfan
12-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Well not that I would not like him as an OC, I myself was referring to HC, sorry....

nigeriannightmare
12-25-2011, 11:10 PM

His offense in san diego has always been at the top. He won superbowls as the oc at dallas. Why in god's grn earth would u not want norv turner as our offensive coordinator he is awesome as an oc and we have weapons.

figcrostic
12-25-2011, 11:56 PM
His offense in san diego has always been at the top. He won superbowls as the oc at dallas. Why in god's grn earth would u not want norv turner as our offensive coordinator he is awesome as an oc and we have weapons.

If our new HC wants him as his OC then fine otherwise I don't want him.

nigeriannightmare
12-26-2011, 12:31 AM
If our new HC wants him as his OC then fine otherwise I don't want him.

Correction if scott pioli wants him and i would gather hed be on the lust.

tornadospotter
12-26-2011, 12:36 AM
I rather like Norv and AJ just where the are. The way they have let there team get old and trade of some great players. I like them both where they are. No Norv for me in any position.

figcrostic
12-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Correction if scott pioli wants him and i would gather hed be on the lust.

I think a HC should be able to pick their coordinators, Pioli needs to quit micro managing.

Eydugstr
12-26-2011, 12:39 PM
the san diego .offense has been at the top of the league since hes been there they were just number 1 last yr. I dont want him as hc an oc though with these weapons.....watchout

But did it translate into wins when it mattered? Besides, if anyone's going to get fired in SD it will probably be A.J. Smith.

nigeriannightmare
12-26-2011, 02:28 PM
But did it translate into wins when it mattered? Besides, if anyone's going to get fired in SD it will probably be A.J. Smith.

I think norv isnt a very good hc, he had loads of talent in san diego and couldnt get it done. But as an oc i think he is wildly successful. 2 superbowl wins as an oc.

Sackmaster58
12-26-2011, 04:17 PM
HC-no, OC-sure if you got the QB

Connie Jo
12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
No, no Norv Turner.

Happy New Year y'all!! HA!

Canada
12-28-2011, 05:59 PM
I think a HC should be able to pick their coordinators, Pioli needs to quit micro managing.Why so much Pioli hate? Sure he stuck his nose in Haleys business...but thats cause Haley was fu*king everything up. We dont have a new HC yet so how do you know he will or will not be able to choose his own staff?? Dont hate for the sake of hating.

Connie Jo
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Why so much Pioli hate? Sure he stuck his nose in Haleys business...but thats cause Haley was fu*king everything up. We dont have a new HC yet so how do you know he will or will not be able to choose his own staff?? Dont hate for the sake of hating.

:punk: EXACTLY!!! Pioli wasn't, and isn't the problem...Haley was, he's gone now...GOOD Riddens after what he did to our Chiefs chances this season!

Connie Jo
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I can only hope after all that went down, especially between Haley & Bowe...that we don't lose Bowe! Haley was trying to run some of our best players out of KC!!!

The players talk when not on camera...such as WG!!

AkChief49
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM
I can only hope after all that went down, especially between Haley & Bowe...that we don't lose Bowe! Haley was trying to run some of our best players out of KC!!!

The players talk when not on camera...such as WG!!

I have to wonder why? Why would anyone be so full of themselves to do this. You get a chance at a HC job and proceed to self destruct? It's a bit mind boggling to me.

Especially to think had we won at least one more game we are playing for the postseason. The Steeler game comes to mind when our D played a pretty good game and Haley kept Plako in the game after all those int's. That was a very winnable game!

chief31
12-28-2011, 06:18 PM
I have to agree with Fig here.

If there was so much animosity between Pioli and Haley, I find it impossible to believe that things could be so black-and-white as to be pure wrong-doing by one, and pure innocence by the other.

And, as HC, I do believe that Todd Haley should have been selecting his own coaching staff from the beginning.

If that means that he should be allowed to call the plays on offense, then that is what the HC thinks is best, for him to coach that way.

If Pioli did, indeed, force OCs unto Haley, then perhaps Pioli just needs to step out onto the field and be the HC, himself.

There are few legitimate HC candidates who would put up with someone interfering with how they want to coach.

I am not anti-Pioli.

But I couldn't dream that he was Haley's pawn, and just a victim of the tyranny from his own employee.

Maybe Haley pushed back, as I think a HC should, if he is being hand-cuffed by the GM, but I think it quite silly to believe that there is only one side to the story.

okikcfan
12-28-2011, 06:30 PM
I do find it hard to believe that Haley would not do what he felt was best for the team. Is Stanzi really that bad that Palko was our only choice? This is Pioli's first GM job, let's hope he's not an Jerry Jones or Al Davis. Let the HC do his job. But again, this is all just speculation as to what really went on...

Connie Jo
12-28-2011, 07:24 PM
It's absolutely amazing to me how much one discovers with what occurs behind the scenes of the Chiefs franchise when living in KC, and interacting at various Chiefs events, as well as games. I knew about the problems with Haley back at camp...I witnessed it...the tension between Haley & Pioli, Haley & players, Haley & staff or assistant coaches.

The players love Crennel, they'll play for him, but they had lost most desire to play their best for Haley, many of them anyway. He beat them down, emotionally, verbally insulting, etc..

Take it for what it's worth y'all, but there is so much more to all of this, of which I'm not up to typing out, and many sources can't be revealed either. They call it, "family business"...those secrets an NFL franchise doesn't want leaked to the public, kept behind the closed doors of franchise offices and locker rooms.

As it circulates behind the scenes related to Palko/Stanzi: When it became apparent Palko wasn't getting it done, Pioli told Haley to put Stanzi in, or start Stanzi in the next game...Haley refused, kept on using Palko defying Pioli. This was prior to signing Orton. When Cassel was out, Haley convinced Pioli that Palko was better, Pioli went along until it became obvious Palko wasn't gonna cut it. Haley is the HC, the GM is his boss...period. The only boss Pioli has is Hunt. Even if Haley had been right, and Palko the better choice, you don't go against your GM...doing so goes against the franchise owner as much as it does going against the GM. It's a matter of respect for your GM, franchise, franchise owners, etc.. Pioli can't allow those under him to manipulate or boss him around...it's a matter of setting an example, and respect for authority. Haley refusing to replace Palko with Stanzi is just one conflict of many.

We lost Weis because of his ongoing conflicts with Haley. Haley had conflicts with Pioli, coaches, staff, and players, many players. We all saw the conflict on camera between he and Cassel. There were conflicts over the playcalling, so much more.

The players are respectful on camera, they have to be, it's what is expected of them, "family business"...and a matter of professionalism. Same is true of those in the front offices. Well, when some of the staff and players aren't on camera...they talk, and many who have are glad Haley is gone, and blame him more than any other factor of which brought so much negativity & conflict to the franchise this season.

Inside sources are saying the final straw with Haley relates to an 'alleged' conflict he had with Bowe on the practice field. Witnesses say while in a rage he said some pretty horrible & unjustified things to Bowe. Bowe went to Pioli over it. No doubt many witnesses were questioned who were there. Result = Haley fired prior to season end. He was going to be fired anyway after the season, but the 'alleged' conflict with Bowe pushed his firing up.

It's also being said that Bowe was in contract negotiations with the Chiefs when the conflict with Haley occurred, and it risked Bowe remaining in KC. Other players have 'allegedly' been heard when out & about, to say they wouldn't stay in KC if Haley was HC when their contracts expired.

That's the scoop from inside sources around KC, anyway. Wallace Gilberry's comments anti Haley came from a very reliable source, not uncomfirmed gossip.

nigeriannightmare
12-28-2011, 07:34 PM
I agree with connie jo there were anti haley remarks in june, i' ve said it before ill say it again the chiefs ambassadors do a bemefit for our local hospital, trent green was the chairman. Like i said they get a couple ****tails and u know loose lips so to speak.

Canada
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM

If there was so much animosity between Pioli and Haley, I find it impossible to believe that things could be so black-and-white as to be pure wrong-doing by one, and pure innocence by the other.

And, as HC, I do believe that Todd Haley should have been selecting his own coaching staff from the beginning.

If that means that he should be allowed to call the plays on offense, then that is what the HC thinks is best, for him to coach that way.

If Pioli did, indeed, force OCs unto Haley, then perhaps Pioli just needs to step out onto the field and be the HC, himself.

There are few legitimate HC candidates who would put up with someone interfering with how they want to coach.

I am not anti-Pioli.

But I couldn't dream that he was Haley's pawn, and just a victim of the tyranny from his own employee.

Maybe Haley pushed back, as I think a HC should, if he is being hand-cuffed by the GM, but I think it quite silly to believe that there is only one side to the story.

We could go back and forth on this all day but in the end, they players look like they are playing again now that Haley is gone. That speaks volumes to me. We beat the Pack, we are not getting blown out of games. These guys want to play again.

nigeriannightmare
12-28-2011, 07:52 PM
I agree with connie jo there were anti haley remarks in june, i' ve said it before ill say it again the chiefs ambassadors do a bemefit for our local hospital, trent green was the chairman. Like i said they get a couple ****tails and u know loose lips so to speak.

ummm u cant say ****tail...really.

Canada
12-28-2011, 07:57 PM
ummm u cant say ****tail...really.Thats my fault. I have spent a lot of time trying to find ways around the swear filters!! :D

figcrostic
12-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Why so much Pioli hate? Sure he stuck his nose in Haleys business...but thats cause Haley was fu*king everything up. We dont have a new HC yet so how do you know he will or will not be able to choose his own staff?? Dont hate for the sake of hating.

If you think someones a F up don't hire them. Don't try to run all over the guy pick his coordinators for him, stick him with a qb he clearly doesn't like, and micro manage every little detail. Haley got fired for personal reasons him and Pioli did not see eye to eye. How do you go from coach of the year, then lose a lot of your best players and get fired even though your still in play off contention (before Haley got fired we were still in play off contention), I'm not saying Haley is the best coach ever but I don't think you fire a guy for personal reasons he needs to drop the ego and get over himself.

chief31
12-28-2011, 09:07 PM
We could go back and forth on this all day but in the end, they players look like they are playing again now that Haley is gone. That speaks volumes to me. We beat the Pack, we are not getting blown out of games. These guys want to play again.

That is guesswork. I didn't think they were playing poorly (Palko aside) prior to that.

I heard players stick up for Todd Haley too.

But, I am not even insisting that Todd Haley was getting along with everybody. My initial problem with him was his overbearing attitude toward the people he works with.

So I don't find it crazy to suggest that his inability to co-exist with his others was his undoing.

However, it sure seems as if he was not being allowed to be the HC of this team, which would shift some of the blame for it all onto whoever was interfering with his coaching.

He is responsible for his own relationships with co-workers.

But I think we all know how difficult that could be if someone is making it impossible to do what you were hired to do.

figcrostic
12-28-2011, 09:16 PM

I am not anti-Pioli.

Thank you that's what I was trying to say. I don't hate Pioli and I don't know all the details but it was apparent Pioli tried to run over Haley and he didn't like it, but just last year Haley was coach of the year and we were in the playoffs, we lose our best offensive player Jamaal Charles, a pro-bowl safety, our best TE etc. and we still were winning games and he gets fired just like that. That doesn't even make since any other team would have kept Haley.

2010chiefs
12-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm just glad he's gone. He should have played Stanzi like Pioli told him to. That was the last straw for me. After getting blown out against the Jets. Why do you not put in STANZI?

chief31
12-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Overall, I think Pioli has done a good job so far.

But, I think he has to take his share of whatever issues he and Haley had.

And, by dealing with it the way he did, he has really put himself in a situation where this offseason could be a huge factor in his grade in the near future.

If he brings in new coaching, and they are unable to get quick results, I am not going to be pointing at the new coaching staff, but the guy who put himself into the situation of having to make such coaching changes, right as the team seems to be coming together.

My expectations for 2012 are high.

chief31
12-28-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm just glad he's gone. He should have played Stanzi like Pioli told him to. That was the last straw for me. After getting blown out against the Jets. Why do you not put in STANZI?

I don't agree with Haley's decision there.

But if Pioli told him to put Stanzi in, then I certainly understand the decision.

Pioli is not the HC. He should not be making decisions about who plays, because that is the coaches job.

I will build your house for you. I will use the materials you choose. And I will build it to the specifications you choose.

But you will not tell me which hand to hammer with.

Canada
12-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Thank you that's what I was trying to say. I don't hate Pioli and I don't know all the details but it was apparent Pioli tried to run over Haley and he didn't like it, but just last year Haley was coach of the year and we were in the playoffs, we lose our best offensive player Jamaal Charles, a pro-bowl safety, our best TE etc. and we still were winning games and he gets fired just like that. That doesn't even make since any other team would have kept Haley.So let me get this straight...Pioli forced players and staff on Haley and he won Coach of the Year and make the playoffs and Pioli does not get any credit, but the following year he is the one to blame for those same players and coaches and he gets the blame??

We were not winning with Haley...he won 4 games and we were not competitive AT ALL in the losses. Sure we were still in playoff contention...not due to Haleys coaching but due to a weak division.

Canada
12-28-2011, 10:09 PM
I don't agree with Haley's decision there.

But if Pioli told him to put Stanzi in, then I certainly understand the decision.

Pioli is not the HC. He should not be making decisions about who plays, because that is the coaches job.

I will build your house for you. I will use the materials you choose. And I will build it to the specifications you choose.

But you will not tell me which hand to hammer with.

So if a coach is doing something detrimental to the team (playing Palko, and we all know it was detrimental) just to spite the his boss, then we all have to just sit there and take it?? Im glad we have a GM that will step in and straighten out a coach in that situation.

And if every hammer in every nail with your left hand just to spite me and do it poorly...then you will get fired.

tornadospotter
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
So if a coach is doing something detrimental to the team (playing Palko, and we all know it was detrimental) just to spite the his boss, then we all have to just sit there and take it?? Im glad we have a GM that will step in and straighten out a coach in that situation.

And if every hammer in every nail with your left hand just to spite me and do it poorly...then you will get fired.
I agree! Lets also look at A HC trying to micromanage. I am just glad a change was made now, and hope better choices will be made. I am ready for better things from my team. I have been ready for far to long! Get it Done!

Coach
12-28-2011, 10:48 PM
In my opinion Haley cost this team a shot at the playoffs by sticking with Palko WAY beyond what he should have. It was blatantly obvious to everyone watching the games that Palko was not the answer. Blatantly obvious. There was no harm in testing the rookie(Stanzi).

Combine that with everything else that has been said, Haley was making poor decisions on and off the field.

Getting back to the point of the thread, if the Chiefs hire Norv Turner in any capacity then more heads should roll. That guy singlehandedly has imploded the Chargers.

nigeriannightmare
12-28-2011, 10:54 PM
In my opinion Haley cost this team a shot at the playoffs by sticking with Palko WAY beyond what he should have. It was blatantly obvious to everyone watching the games that Palko was not the answer. Blatantly obvious. There was no harm in testing the rookie(Stanzi).

Combine that with everything else that has been said, Haley was making poor decisions on and off the field.

Getting back to the point of the thread, if the Chiefs hire Norv Turner in any capacity then more heads should roll. That guy singlehandedly has imploded the Chargers.

As an OC the.guy is proven, the chargers.imploding is more correlated to aj smith, i think hc isnt for norv but hes a darn good oc.

Chiefster
12-28-2011, 10:54 PM

I never understood the obvious man crush Haley had with Palko. I can understand throwing pics while under duress, but to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to the defender as if he was the intended receiver is quite another issue altogether. How in the world Palko even has a place in the NFL is beyond me.

figcrostic
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
So let me get this straight...Pioli forced players and staff on Haley and he won Coach of the Year and make the playoffs and Pioli does not get any credit, but the following year he is the one to blame for those same players and coaches and he gets the blame??

We were not winning with Haley...he won 4 games and we were not competitive AT ALL in the losses. Sure we were still in playoff contention...not due to Haleys coaching but due to a weak division.

I'll give Pioli credit if you give Haley a break for losing some of our best players. If we didn't lose Jamaal Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and Cassel we'd be in the playoffs and Haley would still be fighting with Pioli over personal issues. Maybe Haley wasn't the right coach I'll admit that but maybe Pioli isn't the right GM. Time will tell, I think Pioli definetly has his good points but firing a guy because you don't get a long with him is childish.

Canada
12-28-2011, 11:20 PM
I'll give Pioli credit if you give Haley a break for losing some of our best players. If we didn't lose Jamaal Charles, Berry, Moeaki, and Cassel we'd be in the playoffs and Haley would still be fighting with Pioli over personal issues. Maybe Haley wasn't the right coach I'll admit that but maybe Pioli isn't the right GM. Time will tell, I think Pioli definetly has his good points but firing a guy because you don't get a long with him is childish.Unless not getting along is affecting the team.

Im not as down on Haley as I might appear, but I understand why he was fired. Sure things would have been a lot different with Charles and Berry but I think Haley has a lot to learn about being a HC!! :bananen_smilies046:

figcrostic
12-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Unless not getting along is affecting the team.

Im not as down on Haley as I might appear, but I understand why he was fired. Sure things would have been a lot different with Charles and Berry but I think Haley has a lot to learn about being a HC!! :bananen_smilies046:

Personell wise Pioli is great he finds some diamonds in the rough Kendrick Lewis in the fifth round and Justin Houston in the third still amazed with that.I just hope whoever is the new HC Pioli lets them coach and pick their own coordinators Norv Turner might be an amazing coordinator but if you don't fit in with the coaches idea of how he wants his team run then it's not a good fit and for Pioli if you don't believe in a guy don't hire him. :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Personell wise Pioli is great he finds some diamonds in the rough Kendrick Lewis in the fifth round and Justin Houston in the third still amazed with that.I just hope whoever is the new HC Pioli lets them coach and pick their own coordinators Norv Turner might be an amazing coordinator but if you don't fit in with the coaches idea of how he wants his team run then it's not a good fit and for Pioli if you don't believe in a guy don't hire him. :bananen_smilies046:For sure!!

tornadospotter
12-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Unless not getting along is affecting the team.

I agree! If his problem with Pioli was because of interfering with what He was trying to do, He has no issue, because he could not let go of being a OC. He was doing the same thing! The question now is, who was the biggest problem. Time will tell the answer to that. It may have been a personality clash, it happens, or it is a micromanagement issue from the top down. Time will tell.

chief31
12-28-2011, 11:52 PM

He was not fired for a poor performance.

And, if he was playing Palko to spite his boss, then clearly, he had already been ordered to make the witch.

The GMs job is not to make on-the field decisions. That is the HCs job.

And the whole situation seem to root at the OC position.

If the HC wants to coach his team by calling the offensive plays, then that would be his decision too.

But, again, what I am saying is that there nothing is going to convince me that Pioli was perfect in his dealing with Haley.

And, while you may choose to argue that, I guarantee that Scott Pioli would not.

As for the hammer and nail situation, you hired me to build the house. Don't tell me how to hammer, and I will do it right.

But, when you come in, as an amateur, and try to tell me, the professional, how I should swing the hammer, you are in the wrong.

Just because you have the option of the final say, (firing) does not change that you are wrong.

Todd Haley is the HC, and Scott Pioli is not a coach at all.

Todd Haley should have been doing the coaching, not Pioli.

And now, because he refused to work with Todd Haley, who also could have done alot to improve his relationship with Pioi, Scott Pioli now finds himself with a situation of looking for a new HC, who is going to be willing to let Pioli make all the coaching calls.

I don't think he is going to find any proven coaches to do that.

I think he better let Crennel have the job. Because Any coach is getting other offers is going to go elsewhere.

All I am saying is that Pioli is not innocent in this.

He absolutely had his part in it.

tornadospotter
12-29-2011, 12:27 AM
Pioli and Haley, both came to KC as rookies in there positions. Both, have made mistakes, but Pioli is higher up on the food chain. Change had to be made, or was ordered from the top, to be made. Hc falls before a GM takes a fall.