PDA

View Full Version : or not... The Bleacher Report grades KC's starters

josh1971
12-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Some of them I can agree with, but the guy clearly has no idea what he's talking about on defense.

Belcher and Dorsey- F? TJ a D?

Anyhow, enjoy and discuss...

Kansas City Chiefs: Final Report Card for Every Starter in 2011 | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/997640-chiefs-final-report-card-for-every-kansas-city-chiefs-starter-in-2011)

OMGLadyGaga
12-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Considering that the bleacher report is a complete joke, that list wasn't so bad.

toyotapower
12-27-2011, 12:00 PM
The bleacher report is a joke at times.... especially when this guy posts. His name is Farzin, he is a chiefs fan that contributes to bleacher report and has a podcast called the chiefs zone. I had to stop listening and don't read anything he writes; his opinions and "information" are just off. He is a fellow chiefs fan so I gave him a shot (quite a few actually) and he seems like a nice enough guy. I'm not trying to send a personal attack here, just stating my opinion.

okikcfan
12-27-2011, 12:26 PM
I think he did fairly well in this report...

josh1971
12-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Still, I think it's hard to call Dorsey's year and Belcher's year "F". I still have to go back to the comparison of Defensive line units of KC to the #1- Pittsburgh.

Every one of our starters out tackled every one of theirs. For the starters- they out-sacked our guys 3.5 to 2.0, and they had 1FF to our 0.

As an entire unit, KC's defensive line had 6 guys to 7 from PIT, and we managed .5 sacks more than they had, and the same number of forced fumbles.

So I guess my whole point there is that while obviously we have room to improve (and we always do) to rate our guys as 'F' or 'D' for our defensive line when comparing them to the #1 defense's line, I'd say he was way the heell off on that one.

And McGraw rates higher than C+. I mean, all he did in Berry's absence, while splitting time with Piscatelli, was get 47 tackles, a forced fumble, a sack, and 3 INT...

chief31
12-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Still, I think it's hard to call Dorsey's year and Belcher's year "F". I still have to go back to the comparison of Defensive line units of KC to the #1- Pittsburgh.

Every one of our starters out tackled every one of theirs. For the starters- they out-sacked our guys 3.5 to 2.0, and they had 1FF to our 0.

As an entire unit, KC's defensive line had 6 guys to 7 from PIT, and we managed .5 sacks more than they had, and the same number of forced fumbles.

So I guess my whole point there is that while obviously we have room to improve (and we always do) to rate our guys as 'F' or 'D' for our defensive line when comparing them to the #1 defense's line, I'd say he was way the heell off on that one.

And McGraw rates higher than C+. I mean, all he did in Berry's absence, while splitting time with Piscatelli, was get 47 tackles, a forced fumble, a sack, and 3 INT...

Agreed 100%.

I think it is a lack of understanding of the 3-4 defense, yet again.

Ryfo18
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Bleacher Report is garbage...It's difficult to take anyone on there seriously, because anyone can get an account and write, regardless of credentials.

AussieChiefsFan
12-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Baldwin: F?
Dorsey: F?
Gregg: D?
Belcher: F?!?

Although some grades were accurate, these are horrible.