PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Battle Hurt?

okikcfan
12-28-2011, 03:59 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs have had they’re fair share of injuries this season and it looks like they’ve got another one to add to the list.
RB Jackie Battle is apparently in a walking boot, according to interim head coach Romeo Crennel.
“As far as our roster is concerned, Jackie Battle got banged up in the game,” Crennel said on Monday. “He is in a boot. We’re doing x-rays, MRIs and second opinions to try to figure out what his situation is.”
“Right now, he’s not practicing today so right now if I had to list him I’d list him as doubtful. Until we can get a determination from the doctors, I’ll make a determination at that time what we need to do, if anything, as it relates to the roster.”
This is bad news for the Chiefs because no Jackie Battle means MORE Thomas Jones. Jones has had a moment or two this season but he isn’t the kind of guy you want shouldering the burden of your running game any more. If Battle sits, we’ll likely see a lot McCluster and Jones.
If Battle is likely to be out, the Chiefs might want to consider placing him on IR so they can promote RB Shaun Draughn to the active roster to give him a look. KC will need some extra RB help next season and they have a pretty good idea of what they have in Battle. It might not hurt to get a look at Draughn before the season is out.

TopekaRoy
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I think between Jones, McCluster and McClain we should be alright. We will probably have to rely on the pass a little more, but I think Orton is up to the task.

Thank God it's the last game of the season and we won't have to worry about injuries for a while. Between Chiefs injuries and Bears injuries, This season has just been a train wreck for me.

Seek
12-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Hate to say this but Running Back may be #1 on the Chiefs Draft needs. Not sure who is out there as far as free agents.

1. We need depth at RB bad.
2. How will Charles rehab from his injury. Will this injury slow him down, making him less effective. The Chiefs need a plan B, if Charles is never the Charles we used to know.

nigeriannightmare
12-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Hate to say this but Running Back may be #1 on the Chiefs Draft needs. Not sure who is out there as far as free agents.

1. We need depth at RB bad.
2. How will Charles rehab from his injury. Will this injury slow him down, making him less effective. The Chiefs need a plan B, if Charles is never the Charles we used to know.

I agree. ACL injuries are no joke despite where we are with technology. Man I cant help it but okoye, holmes, we cant.catch a freaking break and jc was on his way. Ive watched that play over and over its a freak tear. Has anyone heard anything tangible on his rehab.

We may do what need to get the sevices of a mr richardson.

Canada
12-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Its a little old but it seems promising

Jamaal Charles Injury Update: Chiefs RB Is 'Ahead Of Schedule' In Rehab - Barbecue Sauce - SB Nation Kansas City (http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2011/12/14/2636929/jamaal-charles-injury-update-chiefs-rb-is-ahead-of-schedule-in-rehab)

okikcfan
12-28-2011, 05:55 PM
I did hear a few weeks ago that JC's rehab and workout was going very well. I'm hoping for the very best!

#58ChiefsFan
12-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I can't site the reference but I read something earlier this week that Romeo had planned to use a heavy dose of veterans in the Denver game. Battle may not have been due more than a handful of carries anyway.

2010chiefs
12-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Trent Richardson in the 1st round. Go Chiefs!

matthewschiefs
12-28-2011, 09:02 PM
A chiefs rb hurt sums up our season good to here the news about Charles though

Chiefster
12-28-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm with Topeka, I almost find myself relieved that the season is almost over just so that we can put this nightmare behind us and start to get to work on next season.

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Can you imagine.....We might go 8 months without a season ending injury....Hard to believe.....

#58ChiefsFan
12-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Can you imagine.....We might go 8 months without a season ending injury....Hard to believe.....

Let's not get ahead of ourselves :lol:

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
I only said "MIGHT"!

#58ChiefsFan
12-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I hope so too. We've had enough bad luck to last through next season already.

ctchiefsfan
12-29-2011, 04:18 PM
That is for certain! I'm just hoping that next year we will get a comparatively injury free season to make up for what happened to us this year.

70 chiefsfan70
12-29-2011, 09:22 PM
That is for certain! I'm just hoping that next year we will get a comparatively injury free season to make up for what happened to us this year.

Yes indeed, we are due!

SIC J
12-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I just read Battle is ruled out for the Broncos game. McGraw is doubtful.